Chapter 13 *Movie nights*

X.kuse

 

 

 

Sorry for the late update guys!! ^^''''''''

I tried haha~!

Well anyways, enjoy! ^^

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“I wonder what it is the teachers keep hinting us about.” Riki said, taking a bite from her sandwich.

 

The girls were at the company, taking a little break at the cafeteria. More and more, people at the company had been hinting at some sort of a special opportunity for their best trainees. At first, Riki had figured it was just something their instructors told them in order to get them to work harder but the longer it went on, the more she wanted to believe the company might actually have something new in store for them. Honestly, the daily routine of training at the company tended to get a little dull after a while, Riki thought. After all, training is a lot more fun if you have something to work towards.  

 

“I bet it’s got something to do with SHINee.” Kelly said plainly. “They’ve been working on a comeback.”

 

“In Japan” Sen completed. “I don’t think they’d send us there.” She shook her head, chewing her food.

 

“Yeah” Els added. “Besides, it’s not just the dance teachers that have been telling us stuff. It’s pretty much all of them. It must be something big.”

 

“Yeah, like SM Town or something!” Kelly burst out. “That would be the coolest thing ever! We could travel the world!” she cried enthusiastically, raising her eyes to the ceiling.

 

Sen chuckled. “Keep dreaming Kelly; they’ve been touring for months. That show is already set. They don’t need more people; let alone us.” 

 

“One day though…” Riki said dreamily. “One day…” She absent mindedly stared at her food until, all of a sudden, she jumped up.

 

“Oh by the way; are we going shopping this weekend or what?”  

 

“I can’t this Saturday.” Sen smiled sheepishly, her eyes lighting up. “Kris will be coming home.”

 

Riki smiled at her friend. “Of course he is.” she chuckled. “Fine, we’ll go shopping on Sunday.” She finished up her sandwich and scrunched up the wrappings, still smiling. “Gosh, you two!” She sighed all of a sudden. “You’re so lucky; you know that? I wish I had someone to go get lunch with and do cuddly things with.” She pouted.

 

Sen’s face broke out into a mischievous smirk. “Well why don’t you get it on with Chanyeol then?” she replied simply, making Riki’s mouth drop open.

 

“What?!” She gasped. “That’s completely ridiculous Sen; Channie and I are just friends!” When she saw the three other girls giggling at her response she added blankly “No seriously, it would be like, or something.” She kept staring at her giggling friends in disbelief as she went on. “Besides, Chanyeol’s not really a relationship kind of guy; and neither am I.”

 

Sen finally raised her eyebrow at Riki. “Actually” She started. “Kris and I were planning on inviting you and your ‘Channie’ to lunch with us. Kris needs his Chanyeol-bro-time.”

 

Riki glared at Sen. “Nice try Sennie, but no thanks.” Then, she broke out into a smile and she sighed. “Let’s just go home.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Riki was quite a stubborn girl and she hated to be proven wrong. From the time the girls had arrived in Seoul and met the boys Riki had said she didn’t want nor need a boyfriend there; and when she and Chanyeol ended up getting along, she was quick to brush it off as friendship that would never be anything more. She wasn’t about to take back those words, absolutely not. Not even when maybe, possibly, she did care for the boy a little more than friendship.

 

It was complicated though. Riki had always found the concept of love hard to grasp. Sure, she’d had boyfriends in the past but honestly, she’d never felt any of the warm feelings you were supposed to feel when you had a boyfriend. She’d grow tired of the boy pretty quickly and she’d always end up hurting their feelings. She felt like a horrible person for being this way but it just seemed like the only option for her. That’s why she didn’t want to do any of it anymore. Not unless she was 100 percent sure that what she was feeling was real.

She wasn't paying attention to her friends on the walk home. They were chatting about the possible coming opportunities but Riki couldn't keep her mind in the conversation. She was stuck in her own thoughts.

Chanyeol is out of the question. She repeated to herself as she walked beside her friends. Besides, he sees you as a buddy anyways. Things are fun the way they are; why would you want to that up?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Riki struggled getting to sleep that night but finally found peace around midnight. It would have been an excellent night of sleep if she hadn’t been called awake at 01:45 AM.

 

“Wha ther?” She grumbled lowly as she opened her eyes. A blurry light in the near distance sparked her attention. Realizing it was her phone going off she grumpily sat up in the bed. “Who dares disturb my slumber?” She muttered under her breath as she reached for the phone. She saw the name ‘Monkey’ flickering across the screen. “Goddamnit Chanyeol” She sighed as she answered.

 

“It’s two in the morning.”

 

“Yes!” the boy answered happily. “You won’t believe it! I just finished Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone, like you told me to and oh my god! It’s so good!”

 

“It’s two in the morning.” Riki repeated, rubbing her face with her free hand. 

 

“Yes, I know.” Chanyeol said. “But you have to watch the movie with me now!”

 

“Chanyeol” Riki said sternly. “It’s two, in the freaking, morning.” She wondered how many times she’d repeat it before hanging up on him.

 

“Yes! I heard you the first time! But you promised to watch the movie with me when I finished the book.” The guy wasn’t giving in.

 

“Don’t you have schedule in the morning?”

 

“Nope! Well… yes. But only at ten o’clock! Someone will wake me, it’ll be fine!” The boy was still cheery as ever. “Listen, if you do this for me, I promise you can call me anytime, anywhere for anything! I promise!”

 

When Riki didn’t answer him, he immediately he went on “Come on Riki; you know you want to watch some Harry Potter with me. The magic is waiting for you! Come on!”

 

Riki sighed. She did really like Harry Potter; and spending time with Chanyeol.

 

“Fine” She grumbled. She heard the boy on the other line shout for victory. “But I’m holding you to that promise boy; be warned!”

 

She hung up the phone and slipped out of bed, hoping none of this had woken up Sen. She put on her slippers and shuffled over to the EXO-K dormitory.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Nice shorts” Chanyeol laughed as he inspected her My Little Pony pajama shorts.

 

“Nice shorts” Riki repeated his words mockingly like a little kid before moving over to the couch.

 

Chanyeol had seen the Harry Potter movies before; and he’d liked them quite a bit but Riki had pestered him into reading the books because she was convinced he’d love them even more than the movies. So far, she had been correct.

 

“It’s like a whole new world just opened up.” Chanyeol said; his eyes big and bright. Riki merely smiled at his childlike enthusiasm.

 

Watching a movie with Park Chanyeol was quite the challenge for most people. Not a minute went by without him commenting on random things like, a peculiar tree in the scenery or something funny someone’s wearing or a certain facial expression someone’s making. Riki usually couldn’t stand it when people didn’t shut up during movies but Chanyeol was different. Maybe it’s because she’d seen this movie over a hundred times already but she actually enjoyed the boy pointing out these little things. They were halfway through the movie when Chanyeol pressed pause all of a sudden.

 

“Snack-time!” He yelled out, not thinking about his band mates sleeping in the rooms next door.

 

Riki followed him to the kitchen area where Chanyeol rummaged in the cupboards for a second before pulling out two packets of instant ramen. “Don’t tell the members okay.” He smiled.

 

“How do you not get fat doing this?” Riki said unbelievingly as he heated up some water.

 

The boy turned around with a smug smile. “I’m just awesome like that.” And he pulled up the sleeve of his shirt, attempting to show off his muscles.

 

“You’re as skinny as a stick, baby, don’t even try.” Riki shook her head at him, sitting herself down on the counter.

 

Chanyeol poured them both a bowl of ramen and went back over towards the couch.

 

“Oh!” He yelled out all of a sudden as they set their bowls on the table in front of them to cool off. “I almost forgot to tell you…” His smile turned kind of creepy then.

 

“I know something you don’t know.”

 

Riki raised her eyebrow. “What is it?”

 

“Well” Chanyeol started slowly. “It’s something you and your friends might or might not become a part of…”

 

“Stop kidding around, what is it?” Riki looked up at the boy expectantly.

 

“I won’t tell!” He shouted in her face before giggling at his own hilariousness.

 

Riki wasn’t amused though. She knew it had something to do with what their teachers had been talking about. She had to know.

 

“Dude! Stop being an and tell me already!” She burst out, hitting him over the head with one of the pillows on the couch. When he didn’t budge after several hits to the head she added. “Come on and tell me damn it! Please! I’ll do anything!”

 

Chanyeol’s face turned even more malicious then. “You'll do anything huh?” He said smugly. “How about a kiss?” He took the pillow out of Riki’s hands.

 

Riki just looked at him, stunned for a second that he’d dare ask her such a question. She was about to answer him with a snide comment but he was already ahead of her. “You wouldn’t” He chuckled quietly.

 

Riki’s mouth fell open. “Hold up there boy; what did you say?” She said, taking the pillow back from him. She deep down knew she shouldn’t let her competitiveness with the boy get the best of her but she just couldn’t stand that stupid confident face of his any longer. She promptly jumped up on top of him, straddling him on the couch. Like she’d hoped, all traces of smugness had left Chanyeol’s face. His face was pale and his eyes were wide. That’s more like it. Riki thought.

 

She stayed hovered over him for a moment before the reality of her action suddenly sank in. She thought. Bad idea... She kind of wanted to abort the mission completely but on the other hand it was simply too late to back out now. She lowered her head towards the boy beneath her, trying to look somewhat confident. Luckily, time was on her side as right before she was able to put her lips to his, one of the bedroom doors opened and a sleepy Kai came out.

 

He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw what was going on in the living room. He started smirking. “What are you two doing?”

 

“I’m showing Chanyeol who’s boss.” Riki replied simply, pulling her face away from Chanyeol’s and slowly getting off of him.

 

“Okay then.” Kai replied, still smiling goofily. “Don’t mind me; I’m just getting some food from the kitchen, don’t tell anyone.” He grabbed something from the cupboard and disappeared through the bedroom door.

 

As Riki watched the door close she suddenly felt Chanyeol’s face against her ear. She stiffened a little before she heard him whisper in her ear the words. “It’s SM Town”

 

She shot up in excitement and turned around to face the boy. “What? No! Really? No way!” She squealed, making Chanyeol burst out laughing.

 

“I thought you’d be happy to hear it.” He chuckled as he watched the girl spaz about the good news. So it really was SM Town that the teachers were talking about. She didn’t understand how it was possible but at the moment, she couldn’t care less.

 

“Wait, how do you know?” She said after calming down a little.

 

“Overheard manager talking about it. They’re changing up the show a little. Apparently they need a bunch of people.” He answered, looking quite pleased with himself.

 

“Well what am I doing here then?” Riki gasped out. “I should be getting sleep so that I can actually impress some people tomorrow!” She got up from her seat but Chanyeol pulled her back down.

 

“No! You have to finish the movie first!” He yelled. “You promised!” He smiled wickedly.

 

Riki rolled her eyes and let the boy put the movie back on.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day, Riki told her friends about the possibility of being a part of SM Town in the nearby future which made everyone very excited. This, of course, transferred into long and hard days of training at the company. For the most part, Riki didn’t mind training so hard, however, the lack of sleep she’d been getting lately was really bothering her. One night was particularly bad. She’d gone to bed at 9pm because she’d been absolutely exhausted, yet it was one in the morning before she actually managed to fall asleep and then, when she did sleep, a particular dream came to haunt her.

 

She opened her eyes and muttered a curse under her breath as she pulled her sweaty self into a sitting position. It was almost two in the morning and she was awake yet again. She remembered what she’d been dreaming about and groaned. “For ’s sake Chanyeol” She rubbed her face trying to wipe away the images from the dream but to no avail: Chanyeol’s body was branded into her eyes. I should really stop watching so much . She thought to herself as she went to the bathroom in an attempt to wash away the dream.

 

It was really unfair, she thought. She was trying really hard to just be friends with the boy and now even her sub consciousness wouldn’t cooperate anymore. She sighed as she considered her options for a second. it. She thought then. It’s not like I’ll be able to sleep soon anyways. She put on some jogging pants, grabbed her phone and left the dorm.

 

“Ayo monkeyboy!” She greeted him on the phone. “We’re having another movie night; let me in!” She said cheerily as she stood waiting outside the EXO dorm room. After a little bickering on the phone the door opened and she was met with Chanyeol’s sleepy face. “I have schedule” He mumbled drowzily. Riki wanted to answer him but she was distracted by the fact that Chanyeol was wearing nothing but his boxers. , well this isn’t helping. She thought to herself as she shuffled past him and entered the living room.

 

“Put some clothes on will you.” She finally said as she sat herself down on the couch, trying not to think y thoughts. “Fine” Chanyeol grumbled grabbing some pajama bottoms to wear.

 

“Well” He started after throwing himself onto the couch lazily. “What are we watching?”

 

“You’ll see” Riki smirked and she put on the DVD.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“No” The boy said, his face falling as the theme song began playing. “No, I am not watching that show! It’s for girls!” He tried to grab the remote from Riki but she averted his arms. “Well too bad! You shouldn’t have made fun of my pajama shorts last time!” She whispered frantically. She grabbed his hands and pinned them down onto his lap.

 

“Now sit still and enjoy.”

 

“Fine”

 

And that was the night Riki and Chanyeol watched My Little Pony together; and they both loved it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

And there we go! Chanyeol is now a My Little Pony fan. ^^

Teehee!

Ok bye now!!