Chapter 19 *Park*

X.kuse

 

 

Once again, it's been too long since I updated. Forgive me!

But I hope you like it ^^ ♥

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

It was the middle of summer and the weather was becoming hotter each day. Walking from the dorm to the company on its own was enough to transform any human being into a sweaty mess. The worst part about the sunny weather though, was the fact that Kelly and her friends weren’t in any position to enjoy it relaxingly.

 

Day in day out, they were sent from place to place doing all sorts of things in relation to their upcoming debut. Even though it was still pretty far away, the company was noticeably taking things pretty serious from the get-go.

 

Their schedules were now drafted by the company, which was both a joy and a hazard, according to Kelly. It was very exciting to receive a schedule not knowing what you were going to be doing next and taking a break from the same old monotonous workouts was a very welcomed gift. On the other hand, the stress that came with all this attention and new experiences was pretty exhausting. On top of their regular singing and dance classes, they now had all sorts of new schedules like media training, acting classes. They also had to attend meetings sometimes in which the details of their debut would be decided. This was always very scary but up until now, nothing horrible had happened. In fact, one of the first things that had been decided was the position of their manager and that had turned out pretty good.

 

Tyler Yoon was his name; the guy who had been appointed as their boss-man. He was a fashionable but manly looking guy with sleek dark brown hair who wore thickly rimmed square glasses. He was in his thirties but his boundless energy made him appear much younger. He helped them follow their schedule and made sure they got where they were supposed to be on time.

 

It was very weird in the beginning; meeting him; but luckily he turned out to be pretty friendly. Kelly had heard awful stories about mean managers before so she was very cautious around him at first. When he took the girls for milkshakes on their first day together she’d even found it suspicious but after a few weeks of working with him, she had to admit that he was truly a nice guy; not to mention handsome (although she strongly suspected that he wasn’t into girls).

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Everyone ready?” Tyler called from the hallway.

 

One by one, the girls came shuffling out of their Korean language class.

 

“Are you guys excited?” He exclaimed, leading the way to an elevator. The girls followed in confusion.

 

“I thought we were done for today.” Kelly said, frowning.

 

Sen yawned beside her. “Yeah what are you talking about?”

 

Tyler turned around to face the girls as the elevator opened for them. His face was wearing a gleeful smirk as he stepped in backwards. “Last minute arrangement.” He said.

 

“Don’t you want to hear your song?”

 

Kelly’s heart skipped a beat. Did he really just say they were going hear their potential debut song? She hadn’t expected that to happen so fast. She looked sideways and found the rest of the girls looking just as shocked as she was.

 

“Come on!” Tyler said rolling his eyes and pulling the girls inside the elevator.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

They went inside one of the office rooms up on the fifth floor where they were met with a few new people. Kelly was very nervous but she kept her exterior cool as someone brought forth a laptop.

 

When the girls left the room a half hour later, nobody spoke. They merely followed their manager back into the elevator and down to the first floor. When they got to the lobby Tyler told the girls to go home without him as he had some more business to attend to. Only when the four girls got outside of the building did anyone speak up.

 

“Well that was, different.” Els began unsurely.

 

“Different is a nice way to put it.” Sen sulked. “Those songs were horrible!”

 

“Maybe we just need to get used to them?” Riki tried but she wasn’t looking too convinced of herself.

 

“Well they better make it work!” Kelly declared harshly. “I’m not going to sing a song I don’t even like.”

 

The girls walked in silence after a while, all seemingly lost in their own thoughts. Kelly was a little upset about what she’d heard today. Well, mostly she was scared. What if their song did turn out really horrible and they’d be forced to perform it over and over for the whole country- no, the whole world to laugh at them? She tried to shake it off but the terrible songs she’d heard were stuck tight in her head.

 

Since Tyler wasn’t accompanying them home tonight, the girls were able to pay the EXO dorms a little visit before going to bed, which would be a great way to take their minds off of what had just happened. They hadn’t told their manager yet about certain relationships they had with the EXO guys because they imagined he wouldn’t approve. They knew they would have to tell him sooner or later though. The EXO boys hadn’t been able to hide it very well from their managers so they already knew and luckily they hadn’t been too angry about it.

 

Anyways, with Tyler having to be kept in the dark, it had become quite hard for Kelly’s friends to hang out with their boyfriends. Not that it was Kelly’s problem; she was single. However she was happy to finally spend some more time with the guys.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey look who we have here!” Baekhyun greeted them at the door. “We haven’t seen you in weeks!”

 

Kelly entered through the door to find about half of EXO hanging in the living room with the TV on. Kyungsoo stood up from the couch at once when he saw the girls and offered to warm up some leftover food for them. Nobody of course could refuse this offer so the girls gathered in the kitchen and each left a minute later with a bowl of delicious noodle soup.

 

“How’s your foot doing?” Kyungsoo asked as he followed Kelly into the living room.

 

Kelly shrugged her shoulders. “It’s alright. The doctor says I’m not allowed to do any heavy workouts with it for another two weeks but it feels fine, really, I don’t understand why I have to be so cautious. The injury was like half a year ago.”

 

“Well, I bet they just don’t want you to relapse before your debut.” Kyungsoo said as he took a seat on a couch and motioned for Kelly to sit down next to him. “But I’m glad it’s feeling better.” He smiled.

 

They small talked for a while as they watched TV. They were watching some sort of scary movie. Kelly raised her eyebrows at the girl on the screen.

 

“I don’t know much about make up but that is not how you do it.” She stated and she heard Kyungsoo chuckle beside her. “She looks like a peach with eyeballs!” She went on and the boy beside her laughed some more.

 

Kelly turned her head to look at the adorable boy. She was merely stating the truth but she was kind of happy that it made him laugh nevertheless.

 

They kept watching the movie together and Kelly kept making comments about the people in it and it wasn’t before long Kyungsoo started getting in on the fun too.

 

“Why is she still wearing those high heels when she’s supposed to be running for her life?” The boy said, putting up his judge-face. “So inappropriate”

 

“I know right!” Kelly chimed in as she watched the monster on screen reach out and crush the girl with his bare hands. “See, she could’ve taken off the shoes and beat the monster with it but no, she had to be running in those things. It’s her own fault.”

 

“Exactly” Kyungsoo agreed completely.

 

They turned off the television when the movie was over. The only other people still in the room were Luhan and Lay, who were both on their laptops and Els and Baekhyun, who were sitting huddled together in a corner. She didn’t know where her other two friends had gone but it didn’t really matter. She wondered whether it might not be time to go home soon but before she could say anything about it, Kyungsoo had spoken up.

 

“So how are the preparations for the debut going?” He asked, a little more timid again.

 

Kelly was reminded of today’s events and let out an involuntary sigh.

 

“What’s wrong? Are they working you too hard?” The boy asked.

 

“No it’s not that.” Kelly said. “We heard some demos today and well…” She didn’t really know how to put her thoughts into words but Kyungsoo seemed to have understood.

 

“Ah” He smiled. “Was it that bad?”

 

“Why are you smiling?” Kelly glared at him.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. “Don’t worry about it too much.” He said as he looked at her. “It’s just demos. The real thing will sound a million times better I promise.”

 

Kelly eyed him suspiciously. “Are you sure?”

 

“You should’ve heard the disasters we got to listen to a few years ago.” He laughed. “Trust me okay.” His face softened a little then as he took Kelly’s hand and squeezed it lightly. “You’re going to be great.”

 

Kelly felt her cheeks heating up so she averted her gaze downward. “I hope so.” She said.

 

It was silent between the two of them. All Kelly could hear was the music slightly audible from Lay’s earphones a few meters away. Kyungsoo still hadn’t let go of her hand and she was beginning to feel nervous. She really hoped he would speak up soon because she sure as heck didn’t know what to say. She felt Kyungsoo squeeze her hand a little again and it seemed like he was about to speak up. She heard him say her name softly as he looked at her. She raised her head to meet his gaze and he looked absolutely beautiful but before Kyungsoo could say any more, a door opened and the room filled with the sound of giggles.

 

Kyungsoo’s hand quickly retracted itself from Kelly’s side as he turned to stare at the scene with big eyes. Riki and Chanyeol came out into the living room, chuckling between themselves. When Riki noticed Kelly and Kyungsoo on the couch she froze in place as if she knew what she had just ruined.

 

“Oh don’t mind us.” She smiled awkwardly as she pushed Chanyeol back towards his room. “We were just um- you know-”

 

“It’s okay” Kelly interrupted. “We should probably get home, it’s late.” She said, deciding to put an end to the uncomfortable situation.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kelly had a hard time finding sleep that night. She was frustrated with herself. She and Kyungsoo got along really great and she loved spending time with him. She hadn’t expected to fall in love with him too. It had taken her a very long time to admit it to herself and now that she had, it scared her. She’d confided in her roommate Els a few nights ago, asking for advice on the matter but it hadn’t really helped her much. Els had said that things would work out and that Kelly would just have to trust her on that. How was she supposed to just take her word for it? Maybe Kyungsoo just didn’t like her like that and maybe things wouldn’t work out. She couldn’t stop herself from worrying and she was annoyed with herself for it.

 

The next day came soon, as Tyler arrived at the girls’ dorm at 5:30 in the morning. Kelly rushed to get ready for another busy day. They went to another meeting where they found out that they would be moving dorms soon. The girls were absolutely thrilled about moving to a bigger dorm, which would conveniently be on the same floor as the EXO dorm. The reason they were moving was because they would need an extra room for their manager, who would be staying with the girls a lot. Once again, Kelly felt very grateful for having a nice manager.

 

Kelly was exhausted by the time they had their first break of the day. It was two in the afternoon and the girls decided to grab a quick lunch at the cafeteria. Then it was time for more training and more appointments and by the time their schedule for the day was done, the sun was starting to set. They packed their bags and followed Tyler towards the exit but before they made it outside, Sen stopped everyone.

 

“Wait, I forgot my jacket!” She yelled out suddenly.

 

Riki turned to her. “Oh no, I think I left mine as well! We should head back and get them.”

 

“Yeah, we don’t want to catch a cold!” Sen nodded.

 

Riki grabbed Tyler by the arm. “Oppa you have the keys to the practice room, you have to come with us!” and before their manager had time to say anything, he was being dragged off by the two girls.

 

“Okay, that was weird.” Kelly said, frowning.

 

Els laughed. “Yeah well, you know Sen and Riki! Come on, let’s go, I want to get home before it gets dark.”

 

Kelly was still a little confused over her friends' behavior but she followed Els outside anyways.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

They had only been walking for about five minutes when two figures came running up to them. It was none other than Kai and Baekhyun.

 

“Wow what a coincidence running into you two!” Kai said excitedly.

 

Now Kelly was really confused. “What are you guys doing out in the streets?” She asked asked.

 

Kai put an arm around her shoulder. “Ah it’s fine, it’s almost dark and some of the other guys have a schedule so that’s distraction enough.”

 

“Anyways” Baekhyun went on. “We were just on our way to the park. They’re handing out free food apparently.” He wrapped an arm around Els. “Would you ladies care to join us?”

 

Kelly was very hungry so even though the entire thing seemed sketchy she didn’t hesitate to follow the boys towards the park. When they got there though, she only got more confused. The sun had set completely and there was nearly no one at the park, why would anyone be handing out free food now? She wanted to voice her doubts but just then she smelled it. The scent of delicious food made her forget the odd circumstances. She followed Kai along a narrow side path, Els and Baekhyun behind her.

 

“It’s right through here.” Kai said suddenly, going off of the path and under the shadowy trees and thick bushes.  

 

Kelly raised her eyebrows at the young boy. “Where the hell are you taking me you weirdo?”

 

“I’m not lying!” Kai defended himself as he kept walking. “You can see that little bit of light over there; it’s right there! There’s another path behind all of these bushes I promise; this is the fastest way.” He stopped and let Kelly pass him.

 

“This better be good.” Kelly mumbled as she made a mental note to scold Kai later for putting her up to this. She pushed aside a few more bushes, getting closer and closer to the glowing light ahead of her when she finally came out into a little clearing and received the shock of a lifetime.

 

None other than Do Kyungsoo was sitting on a huge blanket in the middle of the clearing, which was lit up by a couple of tiki torches, a true feast spread out before him. Kelly turned around brusquely to find that nobody else was there anymore. It was just she and Kyungsoo.

 

He smiled up at her from his sitting position and shyly put up his hand. “Hi” He started.

 

Kelly’s heart was beating at a hundred miles an hour. She slowly walked over to the boy and sat down next to him on the blanket. It was like she’d lost the ability to speak. She wanted to ask him what the hell was going on but she couldn’t get the words out of . She merely stared at him and he stared back at her.

 

Kyungsoo seemed to be nervous as well. He looked down into his lap for a moment, as if he was preparing himself. When he looked back into Kelly’s eyes, his face was gentle and he smiled a little.

 

“I really, really like you.”  He let said, grabbing hold of one of her hands in his. “I think I’ve fallen for you… and I’ve been trying to tell you for a long time but I keep messing it up.” He took a deep breath, looking down before raising his eyes to Kelly once more. “And so I was wondering if um… maybe, you wanted to be my girlfriend?”

 

He looked at her with those big, wide eyes of his, clearly desperate for an answer but for a few good seconds, all Kelly could do was stare back at him in shock. And then it downed on her: Kyungsoo wanted to be with her. He’d made all this effort just for her and he’d asked her to be his girlfriend. She couldn’t believe it was actually happening. She had spontaneously started nodding her head at Kyungsoo while these thoughts ran through her mind and the boy looked overjoyed.

 

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this quiet.” He smiled coyly.

 

Kelly couldn’t help but smile too then. “Well you shocked me pretty hard.”

 

“I hope you don’t think this whole thing is lame but-” Kyungsoo started.

 

“It’s pretty lame yeah” Kelly blurted out and for a moment the boy looked terrified. “But don’t worry.” She added quickly. “I still like it because it was you who did it.” She said and she cursed herself inwardly for sounding lame too.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

They sat in the shadows of the trees for a long time, devouring all the food that Kyungsoo had cooked up especially for her. It was the best meal she’d ever had. They stayed a little longer after they’d finished their food. The amount she’d eaten mixed with the lack of sleep she’d been getting had made her very drowsy. They tried to find stars in the sky for a while as they sat leaning on each other against a tree. Unfortunately the Seoul sky held more clouds than it did stars. It was after midnight when they packed up their things and walked out of the park together.

 

“When can I see you again?” Kyungsoo began when they reached the outside of Kelly’s dorm.

 

“Tomorrow night I hope.” Kelly sighed; wishing her schedule for the next day wouldn’t be too intense. She turned towards the door with her key and she was about to open it when a hand fell on her shoulder and turned her back around.

 

“Wait” Kyungsoo said and he put a gentle hand at Kelly’s cheek. He looked at her for one more moment before he slowly leaned in and put his soft, big lips against hers.

 

Kelly’s eyes closed as she melted into the kiss. Her head was spinning in the most delightful way and her whole body seemed to grow weak. When Kyungsoo pulled away she needed a moment to collect herself and not fall to the floor. He was smiling at her and she couldn’t stop herself from smiling back at him.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He said and Kelly nodded.

 

She watched him turn away and disappear behind a door. She took a deep breath, again to try and collect herself, before she opened the door to the dorm.

 

As she’d expected everyone had gone to bed already. She knew her friends had been in on this whole event; they’d lured away the manager so he wouldn’t find out. Thinking back, Kelly couldn’t believe how gullible she’d been for following Kai into the park. But she was thankful she had because tonight had been the best night of her life.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Wooh the S.S. Delly finally sails~~~♥