Chapter 10 *Rollercoaster*

X.kuse

 

 

Hellowsies!! Next chapter done! ^^

This one is a little longer I think. A little drama, a little happy, you'll see!

Enjoy!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The music was blaring loudly through the room as bodies moved their hips to the beat…

 

“One more time!” Noah screamed and he played the song from the top.

 

There was only one day left of practice before the big day but their demanding dance instructor still didn’t seem satisfied with their performance. He told them to do the routine over and over and over again, shouting out random things that he felt needed improvement. Sen was busy trying to keep up but felt as though she was weighing the entire group down. It also seemed to her that Noah’s comments were directed mostly towards her. The way he kept looking at her disapprovingly while she was dancing was unnerving her and on top of all that, her dance partner, Kris, seemed to be in a foul mood. He’d barely looked at her all day and he looked really tense.

 

“You’ve got to feel the music!” Noah shouted over the noise, looking at Sen again. Ugh! Feel the music yeah whatever. Sen thought to herself. She was slowly but surely getting sick of this guy and his dumb little comments. He may be an incredible dancer but his teaching skills, Sen thought, needed some work.

 

On the other hand, she had to admit her dancing today was poorer than usual as she was just a little extra nervous on this final day of practice. Noah was noticing Sen’s struggle and Kris still hadn’t said a word to her all day. She wondered whether Kris was disappointed in her as a dance partner. Sen wasn’t a natural gifted dancer, so getting things to look good just took more effort from her, but she felt as though Kris maybe just didn’t want to wait for her anymore. Kris was always quite serious and ‘in focus’ during practice and it left Sen feeling a little awkward with him again and let’s face it; this wasn’t a dance that allowed you to be awkward with your dance partner.

 

She looked up at Kris from time to time as she was moving around him but Kris was staring straight ahead of himself. “Come on! Stop messing around!” She heard Noah yell in an annoyed tone as the chorus came around. She turned her head and saw the grumpy instructor give her a glaring look again. The effect of Noah’s words made her lose her focus for a split second and she bumped into Kris, who let out a sigh and shook his head.

 

She didn’t mean to, but she kept messing up. She knew it wasn’t because she’d all of a sudden gotten worse at dancing. Noah’s comments just kept getting more mean-spirited and it was making her feel really insecure. She wished Kris would stand up for her a little but figured he was just as annoyed with her as Noah was.

 

In the middle of the gazillionth time of practicing the same routine, Sen made another stupid mistake. Somewhere in the chorus, there was this part where the girl was standing in front of the boy, both parties facing the mirror. The girl then put her right hand in the air for the boy to get hold of and spin the girl around towards him. It was a really simple move if you thought about it, but for some reason, Sen kept messing it up. When she put up the wrong hand for the third time in a row, Noah seemed to have run out of patience. He slammed off the music player and commenced his yelling. “Okay everyone! Take a few minutes!”

 

The next moment, she felt her hand being dropped by Kris, who was looking agitated. He his heels and walked out the studio without saying a word. Then, Noah was beside her, shouting. “What in the world do you think you’re doing?!” He bellowed angrily. “There’s one more day left and you just decide to play around, is that it?!” He’d never looked so scary. Sen didn’t know what to do so she just kept shut. “I’m not having it!” the man went on. “Get your together! Don’t think I’ll let you rest until you stop ing up!” He said finally and then stormed off.

 

Sen felt like crying. She didn’t know what to do; she just couldn’t do it and it made her so angry. There was only one thing going through her head at this point: I’ll mess up the entire performance for everyone and Kris will hate her forever. She just stood there for a while until her friends came over.

 

“Sen baby, what’s wrong?” Riki asked worriedly. Sen’s vision blurred a little as her eyes began to water. “Oh don’t cry Sennie!” Kelly said putting an arm around her. “You’ll get it right.”

 

“No I won’t.” Sen sighed. “Kris hates me.” She went to sit down in an empty corner at the back of the room and her friends followed. Els came to sit next to her. “No need to be so gloomy.” She said sweetly. “And he doesn’t hate you. He’s under a lot of pressure; why don’t you just talk to him?”

 

Sen considered this. “What if I make it worse?” She mumbled softly. Riki squatted down in front of Sen and smiled. “Don’t worry. It’ll be fine.” She said. “Besides, if you want to get the dance right, you two need to start communicating again.” It was quiet for a while as Sen stared down at her feet. “I’m sure Kris wants the same thing.” Kelly added matter-of-factly.

 

She knew her friends were right. She and Kris had to sort out whatever it was that was going on if they wanted to get ready for the award show in time so, with the help of her friends, she decided to pluck up the courage to go look for Kris, who still hadn’t returned to the studio.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

She was walking through the hallways surrounding the dance studio for a few minutes, looking for Kris, when she found a door that was slightly opened. When she peeked inside a little, she found a small room holding a narrow round staircase. She also found Kris sitting with his back towards her, his head resting in his hands.

 

She hesitated but pushed the door open a little further so that it made a creaking sound. Kris’ head came up and he turned around. He still didn’t look very happy. Sen took a deep breath and began, trying to be as honest with him as she could.

 

“I’m sorry for screwing everything up in there.”

 

Kris was looking at her as she spoke and she noticed his face softened just the tiniest bit. He nodded and motioned for her to sit aside him. She sat down but didn’t really dare to look at him. After a pause, Kris spoke up. “I probably wasn’t being a very good partner either.” He seemed to be talking mostly to himself as he was staring into the white wall before him. Sen wanted to say something but she couldn’t quite find her words so she waited until Kris spoke up again.  

 

“It’s just; it’s our first performance this big and I just-” He started. He looked down at his feet and sighed deeply. “I guess I just want everything to be perfect.”

 

“I know.” Sen said, nodding. “And I’ll try to do better.” She really wanted to get this right and it was mostly, if not all for Kris. Now that she thought about it, she didn’t even really care all that much what Noah thought of her, or what millions of people would think of her if she failed on live TV. It was Kris whom she wanted to please. She wanted to do good for him, to make him happy.

 

There was another long pause and then Kris looked at her, his expression a lot less severe than a few minutes before. “Let’s go back in; let’s try again.”

 

During the second half of practice, things seemed to be going better at first. Sen was more confident about her teamwork with Kris and the whole thing, she felt, was looking a lot more professional. Noah on the other hand didn’t seem to want to let go of the grudge he’d decided to hold against her. It just wasn’t good enough for him. He kept giving her comments on her flow or her expression or whatever imperfection he could find. Even her friends were starting to notice Noah’s unfair judgment. Riki spoke out against his unnecessary vocal abuse at one point but had gotten shut down so harshly by Noah that she didn’t speak for the rest of practice. All of this was making her stress come back, as well as her tendency to make mistakes.

 

It was after midnight by now and everyone was still at the studio, practicing their guts out. Everyone was completely drained and it was obvious that training any longer wouldn’t benefit the show tomorrow. Noah turned off the music and told everyone to get a good night of sleep but then turned his direction towards Sen and Kris.

 

“You two aren’t going anywhere!” He began, pointing his finger in their direction. Kris sighed, exhausted. “You’re going to keep going until you get it right. I don’t want any mistakes tomorrow!” He said and with that. He turned away and exited the room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“You ready?” Kris asked. “Uhuh” Sen nodded as they walked to the front center of the room.

 

The two had gone to get something to drink quickly in order to regain some of their strength. They began working immediately when they arrived back at the now empty dance studio.

 

“Come closer.” He instructed and Sen did as she was told. “Closer.” He repeated, softer this time, placing his hand against the small of her back pulling her towards himself.

 

They started off by going over the various steps very slowly, without any music, because they agreed starting over from the very beginning was the best way to find where they had gone wrong. Kris was guiding Sen, telling her, with each move, exactly what to do and how to do it right. It was only now that Sen fully realized how intimate exactly some of the steps were. The quiet from the lack of music and the fact that Kris was explaining in words what they were doing made her very aware of that. Kris was looking a lot more relaxed, now that it was just the two of them; still very in focus, but much more relaxed. He was being extremely careful and gentle with Sen and it made her forget about all the pressure that was weighing down on the both of them.

 

“Now slowly go down.” Kris said, loosening his grip on Sen’s hips. She slid down against him and felt his hands glide up her body. “Slow.” He said, his voice echoing in the quiet room. It was hard for Sen not to get distracted by how good Kris felt against her but she pushed all of those feelings to the back of her head in order to stay focused on her goal.

 

Things were looking up. At the chorus bit, Sen put the correct hand in the air for Kris to take. She let out an inner squeal of success and then felt herself being turned around to face Kris, who looked pleased as well. Sen waited for Kris’ further instructions but they didn’t come. He was looking at her with big eyes. They were almost scary looking, as they bored into Sen’s own eyes. Sen felt her cheeks heat up and turned to look at the floor between their feet. For a moment, all she heard was the heavy breathing exerting from her and Kris’ lungs. Then, finally she heard Kris’ voice echo through the quiet again.

 

“Um, okay. Good.” He said and he let go of her hand.

 

After running through the entire thing a few times, Kris suggested to start working with the music again. He turned up the volume really loud and off they were. Their technique seemed to be working fine, as the two bodies came in tune with each other and slowly but surely started moving with each other in near perfection. Both Sen and Kris were getting into it more and more. Kris kept holding her tighter and their movements were starting to look pretty damn sensual. They did the routine over and over again, pleased with how they were looking in the mirror.

 

“Alright.” Kris said, catching his breath and wiping the sweat from his forehead. “One more time?” Sen nodded and went to stand in place. It was now nearly three in the morning and it was high time for them to call it a day.

 

The music came blasting at her again and before she knew it, Sen had lost herself in the sounds reverberating around the room and the moves she was pulling off so well all of a sudden and Kris’ body moving around hers and Kris’ heavy breathing as he was dancing around her and Kris, just Kris and she didn’t even realize it when Kris had stopped dancing. Sen found herself once again turned around, closely towards Kris, with Kris holding up her hand in the air, at that particular part in the chorus. Sen twisted her body to the left, as she was supposed to but Kris wouldn’t let her. He wouldn’t let go of her hand. And he was staring again. He was staring so deeply into her eyes and Sen didn’t know what to do. The music kept on playing around them but they’d stopped moving completely, frozen in time, eyes locked on each other. Sen wanted to look away again but felt tired of always having to do so, so instead, she stared right back at him and waited. Kris' chest was heaving from all the dancing but Sen was sure hers was heaving too because she’d never felt her heart beat so loudly before.

 

The next moment, Kris let go of Sen’s hand and in one swift motion pushed her up against the mirrored wall behind her, putting one hand around the back of her neck and the other against the glass next to her head. And then, his lips crashed onto hers.

 

Sen was completely caught off guard by what was happening but nevertheless found herself kissing back a little after the primary shock had worn off. The kiss was rough and needy on Kris’ part, as his lips strived to devour every inch of hers. The hand at the base of Sen’s neck had come to play with the girl’s soft, shoulder length hair and his other hand was holding her waist firmly, pulling her as close to himself as possible. All Sen had managed to make her body do in return was cling her fists into the sides of Kris’ loose shirt. It felt so good.

 

He pulled away then, keeping himself very close to her. His eyes looked less tense than before and on his lips, she found the slightest hint of a smile. He let out a deep sigh.

 

“You have no idea for how long I’ve been wanting to do that.”

 

Sen simply stared at him as she tried to process this confession. She felt her face getting hot again but she also couldn’t help smiling a little as her eyes fell down to the floor again, not knowing what to say. Kris put his hand against her flushed cheek then, making her look back up at him and he smiled at her. He hesitated for a moment as he held her and then brought his lips against hers again, much gentler this time.

 

The moment his lips came into contact with hers, Sen felt herself getting lightheaded. It was as though a million microscopically small creatures were crawling underneath the surface her skin, sending shivers all throughout her body. She wrapped her arms around Kris’ neck as Kris used his free hand to the side of her waist softly. It was as if she was levitating, , Sen didn’t even feel part of this planet anymore as she lost herself in the kiss. Kris had gone and pulled her right up to heaven.

 

When he pulled away a second time, Kris averted his gaze away from Sen for the first time ever. And he was blushing. Sen couldn’t believe her eyes; she’d never seen him like this; and It was sort of adorable.

 

“You know.” Kris said finally. “I think we’re going to do great tomorrow.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

By the time Sen came home that night it was already nearly four in the morning. Still, she didn’t want to go to sleep; not yet. She was still so in shock over the rollercoaster of a day she'd just had. Of course, it was the ending that had surprised her the most. I have to tell someone! She thought frantically.

 

When she entered her and Riki’s shared bedroom she found her friend fast asleep, an arm draped around her plush bunny. She knew Riki really wasn’t someone you should wake up from a nap but she had to tell someone what had happened so she carefully climbed onto Riki’s bed and shook her friend’s shoulders.

 

“Riki” She whispered softly. When Riki didn’t budge she tried again, shaking her a little harder. “Riki, wake up please.”

 

Sen and Kris had walked home together, holding hands, not caring over who saw them because it was literally the middle of the night and the streets they walked were deserted. On the way home, Kris had begun opening up about his feelings some more.

 

“I’ve liked you for a while now.” He began, biting his lip, as if he didn’t really know how to put into words what he wanted to say. “Pretty much ever since I saw you guy’s video.” He smiled to himself, probably at the memory of that video. “I just didn’t think it would've been right for me to start going after a trainee the moment she enters the company; I’m not like that.”  He continued. “Also, it’s not really recommended for us to, you know, date. So I thought it’d be best for me to keep my distance from you, however hard that was.” Sen couldn’t believe what she was hearing. He’d liked her all along. Even all those times he stared at her with that face that she always thought had meant: I think you’re really, really weird!

 

“But then” Kris went on. “When you asked me out for a drink the other day…” He paused for a moment and looked at Sen. “I sort of couldn’t say no and after that day with you at the café, I just- I just stopped caring about everything because I just like you and that’s that.”

 

Sen had never heard Kris speak like this. He seemed really carefull about his words and he seemed, dare she say, a little shy. Kris had walked her to her dorm and kissed her goodnight, telling her to get as much rest as she could possibly still get out of this night. Then he'd flashed her the sweetest smile she'd ever seen on any human being ever and walked away.

 

“I knew it! I knew he was checking you out!” Riki roared, jumping up and down on the bed, giggling her heart out. “You were right Sen; this was totally a legitimate reason to wake me up in the middle of the night for. This is glorious! Seriously, I’m so happy for you!” She calmed down a little and hugged her friend tightly. Then, they both crawled under the covers of their beds and waited for morning to come.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sen was sitting with her friends and the rest of the chosen trainees in a white, heavily lit room, waiting to be called on stage. The EXO boys weren’t around yet, as they were obliged to spend most of the evening in the audience at the award show. The final rehearsal that morning had gone great, she had to admit. She and Kris had shown Noah their improvement and now, there was absolutely nothing bad he could possibly say about them. On the contrary, he'd even applauded them.

 

It was weird; she thought she’d be more nervous at this point. However, for some reason, Sen felt confident that everything would work out. It’s like, the biggest thing she’d been nervous about all this time was whether Kris liked her or not, so now, after Kris had so perfectly confessed to her, the performance itself didn’t feel like as big of a hurdle anymore.

 

People came to get them and lead them towards the backside of the stage. The EXO boys came running in a little later. “5 minutes!” She heard someone yell. Then, she felt a hand on the small of her back and looked to see Kris beside her. “You alright?” He asked, rubbing her back. “Think so.” Sen replied.

 

She looked around for a second to see where her friends had gone. Els was standing in a far corner with Baekhyun. She looked really nervous and Baekhyun seemed to be trying to calm her down. He was rubbing her hand with his thumb and his other hand was on her shoulder. Riki was sitting by herself on top of an empty table to the side, looking ahead of herself. The only thing indicating her nervousness was the fact that her fingers kept tapping against her knees rhythmically. Kelly was with Kai, but Kai didn’t seem to take notice of how nervous Kelly was, as he was practicing his moves. Does that guy ever stop dancing? Sen wondered. She saw DO shuffle closer towards Kelly and then finally poke her arm to start talking to her.

 

Sen rolled her eyes at the two and turned her attention back to Kris, who had now grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers behind their backs so their affection for each other would go unnoticed by the others. “Time!” Someone yelled, indicating it was their turn to go on stage. Kris squeezed Sen's hand softly. “You ready for this?” Sen nodded and then, they faced the stage as a team.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That's it! Sekris is officially a thing now! haha XD

I hope you liked it! ^^

Kbye!