Chapter 20 *Message*

X.kuse

Well once again, this took too long haha XD

Anyways, enjoy~!! ♥

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Els and her friends were walking home from a long day at the company and Els was starting to wonder when they would finally be allowed to use one of the company vans as transportation. She was both mentally and physically tired form working all day and the walk home; even if it was only five minutes; was just a little too much.

 

The past week had been great though, in the sense that it had been very productive. A lot was happening and slowly but surely, Els thought that their debut was moving in the right direction. By now they’d heard multiple demos, some of which actually sounded pretty good and the concepts that were being considered where pretty acceptable as well. As of today it had been decided that they wanted something empowering, relatable and fabulous. They wanted something with a good beat and a positive message. It was only a matter of picking the right song now and as of now, there were around four candidates left to pick from.

 

The girls were also pretty impressed with the amount of input they had in deciding their debut. It wasn’t like they got to choose everything but for instance, today; they’d had a meeting with some stylists discussing their possible fashion; even receiving individual styling. Right now, there was only one thing that all four of the girls were still pretty nervous about and that was the possibility of stage names.

 

“I don’t want a stage name!” Sen pouted as she opened the door to their dorm.

 

Els nodded, following Sen inside. “Whatever they choose for you; it’s going to be embarrassing.”

 

“I know right!” Sen cried out. “I can just see it already. You guys get to keep your names and I end up being Blub2.0 or something!”

 

Kelly laughed as she sat herself down on the couch. “Yeah, I mean, no offense to my boy Kyungsoo, but D.O. is not exactly a fabulous name.”

 

Just as the laughter of the girls died down the front door opened and no other than Kyungsoo came in. “Did I hear my name?” He called happily.

 

Kelly got up from her seat and walked over to the boy. “It’s nothing.” She waved her hand in the air nonchalantly. “So what place are we going tonight?” She asked.

 

“There’s a new Japanese restaurant a few blocks from here so I thought we could go check it out together.” He smiled at her and Kelly’s face lit up at his words. He took her hand and they disappeared through the front door, leaving three girls on the couch.

 

Before any of them could pick up the conversation again however, two more people came in. Kris came to pick up Sen for a movie night at the EXO-M dorm and Chanyeol just followed Riki into her bedroom, carrying his djembe.

 

Els thought for a moment that her boyfriend might have forgotten about her but after a minute of two, Baekhyun came in carrying a plastic bag.

 

“Sorry I’m a little late.” He said, setting down his things on the table before wrapping Els into a tight embrace. “I missed you.” He said as he hugged her close and Els smiled. “I just thought that maybe” He continued, letting go of her and returning to the plastic bag on the table. “Since you’ve been doing so well...” He opened the bag, revealing a pretty, decorated box. “That we could indulge in a little something.”

 

Els already knew, when Baekhyun handed her the red package, what would be inside it. “You didn’t.” She gasped, gazing at the insides of the box. “Baekhyun I can’t, I-”

 

“Na-ah!” Baekhyun shushed her, putting a finger to her lips. “We’re eating this together. We deserve it!”

 

And so Els and Baekhyun enjoyed high quality Belgian chocolates as they lounged around watching television shows.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Els was somewhere in between awake and sleep, cuddled up on the couch with Baekhyun. The boy’s arms wrapped snuggly around her waist as she lay against him. Sometimes they talked and sometimes it was quiet for a while and they both wondered whether the other person might have fallen asleep. Els had no idea for how long they laid there together but she was brought back to reality very abruptly by a loud clattering noise. She clasped her ears as she opened her eyes cautiously.

 

“Oops, sorry” She heard a low voice call from somewhere in the room. She raised her head, finding Chanyeol and Riki in the kitchen, struggling with some pots.

 

“What the hell man.” A grungy voice murmured softly beside her. “Chanyeol get out of here if you’re going to make noise.”

 

Els turned her head back to the drowsy and slightly grumpy looking boy lying against her and smiled. He looked absolutely adorable with his sleepy face. She nuzzled a little closer towards him, sighing in content.

 

“We’re just making some midnight snacks.” She faintly heard Chanyeol say. It didn’t faze her at first but the next moment she frowned and lifted her head again.

 

“Did you say midnight?” She asked.

 

Riki turned to her with a yawn. “Yeah, well… more like 2am snacks.”

 

Els’ eyes widened and she sat herself up on the couch. Baekhyun’s arms refused to let go of her waist though; they clung on while the boy whined sleepily for her to lie back down.

 

“Baekhyun” She giggled. “I have to get up at six tomorrow. I need to go to bed.”

 

Baekhyun turned his head, pouting. “Couch is bed.” He slurred at her, tugging at her shirt and Els couldn’t help grinning at the silly boy.

 

“At least let me stay here tonight.” He continued as he finally sat up on the couch next to her and planted a kiss on her cheek. “I don’t want to leave.”

 

Els was slightly taken aback by the request. Baekhyun had never stayed over before. She always figured Kelly wouldn’t like it since they shared a room, although she had to admit she kind of wanted him to stay.

 

“Let me just check something.” She told Baekhyun and she moved off the couch, towards her bedroom. She opened the door very carefully, peering through the crack and waited for her eyes to adjust to the darkness. After a few seconds she frowned; trying to find Kelly’s figure in the shadows. She the light and just as she thought, Kelly wasn’t there.

 

“Does this mean I get to stay?” A cheery Baekhyun passed her and jumped on top of her bed.

 

She rolled her eyes and smiled at him. “Sure, let me get ready first.”

 

She turned to enter her bathroom but Baekhyun’s hands grabbed her from behind instead, pulling her onto the bed. “No you don’t.” He said, planting another little kiss against her cheek. “Let’s just go to bed like this.” And he started pulling the covers over the both of them. Els didn’t protest. They were both wearing loose and comfy clothing anyways and she was really exhausted so she allowed him to wrap the covers around them. She heard Baekhyun heave a sigh as he pulled her in for a hug from behind, his arms snaking around her sides and linking at the front. She gazed down happily at the sight before putting her own arms over Baekhyun’s and closing her eyes.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The next morning was pretty rough. She groaned at her alarm clock as she rubbed the sleep out of her tired eyes. The boy beside her didn’t look too happy about things either. He merely grumbled something inaudible and pulled her closer into the embrace they were in. In the end, Riki had to come into the room to tell Els to hurry up or she would’ve slept through the whole morning.

 

The day at the company wasn’t all too special. They had a lot of different classes which the girls referred to as idol 101 training because they pretty much told you how to be a proper idol. These kinds of classes had a tendency to get a little boring and after a while, Els found herself checking her phone every once in a while. She was leisurely scrolling through random internet sites, kind of hoping to receive a text from Baekhyun but no such luck. At around 10pm though, she received a message from someone else.

 

[Hey Els, it’s been a while. How’ve you been doing?]

 

She hadn’t expected a text from him. She had given him her number; she just didn’t think he’d actually make use of it. She frowned at her screen and texted back.

 

[Pretty good, except I’m stuck in a very boring class at the moment.]

 

Not even a minute later she received another message.

 

[Haha to be you! No I’m just joking. I’m very bored myself actually.]

 

Before she knew it, Els was chatting with him like she’d known him for years.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“The sushi was so good! Maybe even the best I’ve ever had!” Kelly said dreamily as they all sat down at the company cafeteria at lunchtime. “Kyungsoo really knows his food.” She sighed happily.

 

“I want to go too!” Sen whined and Riki nodded beside her.

 

Kelly smiled and nodded her head as well. “We should go together sometime!” But then her face turned to a frown. “Well… actually, it was pretty expensive. Maybe we should wait until we can afford it.”

 

“Or bring Suho along to pay for us.” Sen grinned and Kelly and Riki laughed. “Anyways, are we having that Star Wars marathon tonight?”

 

Kelly and Riki’s face lit up and they both agreed at once.

 

“Great!” Sen smiled. “Els, what about you? Um, Els?”

 

Els looked up from her phone, a little startled to see all three of her friends staring at her. “Um-” She started.

 

“What have you been doing on that phone of yours?” Kelly asked, pointing at the device in her hands. “You haven’t put it down since class this morning! Is Baekhyun sending you love poems or something?”

 

Els broke out into a little chuckle. “No. It’s just Kyuhyun.” She redirected her eyes towards his last message and smiled. It was quiet for a little while and Els could feel her friends’ eyes on her still.

 

“What?” She let out, looking her friends in the eyes, unable to keep that little smile off of her face.

 

Kelly smirked. “Since when are you and Kyuhyun so close?”

 

“I don’t know.” Els shrugged her shoulders. “We got along at SM Town and I gave him my number… and well, now he’s texting me.” 

 

“Wow” Riki sighed. “You’ve got Super Junior friends.” She took a bite from her sandwich and went on in a mumble. “Fancy”

 

“Just as long as Baekhyun’s okay with it.” Kelly added matter of factly.

 

Els shook her head at the girls. “Don’t worry about it. It’s nothing like that.”

 

Just then, Els’ phone beeped again and she looked down.

 

[Oh btw, there’s this party thing going on tonight. I’m not big on parties but I can’t really get out of this one, company dude’s birthday and all.. You should come! Bring your friends!]

 

She thought for a moment before raising her head to meet her friends. “Um” She began. “Would any of you guys be up for a party tonight?”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Els didn’t recognize anyone at first when she walked into the bar with her friends. The place looked huge and modern and by extension also pretty expensive. She shrugged her shoulders and forced herself further into the fancy looking place. She didn’t know what was driving her; this wasn’t exactly her scene. Usually she would’ve turned around when realizing she didn’t recognize a single face in the room but instead she told herself to keep going. Besides, they had their day off tomorrow; there was no reason to chicken out.

 

She moved passed the bar, all the way to the back of the room where, thankfully, she found who she was looking for. Kyuhyun was coming down a spiral staircase in the corner of the room. He passed a guy in sunglasses and came up to the girls with a small smile.

 

“It’s up here” He said, gesturing them to follow him back up the stairs. He moved his head a little closer to Els’ as everyone started moving and added. “Glad you made it.”

 

The upper room of the bar was about half the size of the ground floor and it was packed with people of which Els only knew a handful. She and her friends followed Kyuhyun to a booth at the side of the room, where a few other Super Junior members were sat. They quickly waved hi to everyone and sat down.

 

“Champagne?” A voice called beside her the moment she’d settled next to Kyuhyun. She turned to find a waiter holding a platter of champagne filled glasses.

 

“You didn’t tell me this party was going to be so fancy.” She started as she took a glass from the waiter.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “It’s not that fancy.”

 

“Champagne, VIP room…” Riki commented, grabbing herself a glass. “Fancy place if you ask me.”

 

“Ok, maybe a little fancy.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the girl before turning back to Els. “So where’s Baekhyun?” He asked. “I heard you guys were dating and all.”

 

She felt herself start to blush a little at the sound of Baekhyun’s name. She thought of the previous night she’d spent with him; of how warm it had been lying against him under the covers. “Yeah” She nodded at Kyuhyun as she fidgeted her fingers in her lap. “Um he had schedule pretty early so…” She went on averting her gaze downwards.

 

“Oh okay.” Kyuhyun nodded his head at her. “Well anyways, welcome to the party!”

 

It was odd, Els thought, but for some reason she was feeling a little more nervous than usual talking to Kyuhyun. It wasn’t too bad but still; she felt the presence of her shyness and she didn’t like it. Of course the only other time that they’d talked face to face was at SM Town and that night she’d been so nervous about her performance that everything else had seemed like a total picnic. Luckily Kyuhyun was a pretty easy guy to talk to. He cracked some jokes about the girls’ debut and told some embarrassing stories about his own band; mostly about his fellow members of course; which kept the conversation going for a long time. After about hour though he turned the tables around.

 

“So anyways” He piped up after coming back with some more drinks from the bar (more champagne for him and a soda for Els). “I haven’t heard about you yet. What have you been up to lately?”

 

“Oh um well…” Els said, taking the drink from him as he sat down beside her. “Nothing much.”

 

“Nothing much?” Kyuhyun laughed. “You’re going to be debuting soon, come on.”

 

Els broke out into a little smile. “Well yeah but none of it is all that interesting.” She shrugged. “Just some potential songs and potential concepts.”

 

“Well tell me all about them then.” He smiled before taking a sip of his drink.

 

The smile on Els’ face widened at the boys request. “Fine.” She sighed and she began explaining.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“If you guys ever put out a full album I want to sing a duet on it.” Kyuhyun pointed a finger at Els.

 

“Ok sure but you’re not going to be singing it with me.” Els answered. “Kelly’s our vocal.”

 

Kyuhyun’s face pulled into a pout for the fraction of a second. “I want to sing it with you though!” He retorted. “Besides, it doesn’t matter how much you ; if I’m singing in it the fans will love it anyways.” He started smirking at her.

 

Els’ jaw dropped. “Oh no you didn’t!” She laughed, lightly hitting him on the shoulder. Then she straightened her face, looking at him coldly. “Whatever, we don’t need you to be on our album. Our fans probably won’t even know who you are.”

 

Kyuhyun started chuckling. “Okay, okay. You win.” He was about to say something else when a middle aged man suddenly came up to Kyuhyun, wrapping his arms tightly around him.

 

“Hey man!” The obviously intoxicated guy slurred. “Where’ve you been?” He said, running his hands all over Kyuhyun’s face.

 

“Els, meet the birthday boy.” Kyuhyun mumbled as he struggled to get the man off of his lap.

 

“Hey no, no pushing!” The man stumbled out. “I want to chat man!”

 

As she let Kyuhyun handle the birthday boy she scanned the room for her friends. She’d spotted them on the dance floor together a while ago but they seemed nowhere to be found at the moment. Just as she was about to get up from her seat, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

 

“Hey, we’re going to head home.” Sen said. “It’s pretty late but you can stay if you want to.”

 

Els turned around to Kyuhyun, who was still in conversation with the drunken man. “No it’s fine.” She said. “I’m coming with you guys.” She figured she shouldn’t hang around too long. She grabbed her things and followed her friends. Right when she arrived at the staircase thugh she heard her name. She turned to find Kyuhyun just caught up with her.

 

“You were just going to leave without telling me?” He asked.

 

“Well no.” Els began, once again feeling a tiny bit nervous. “It’s just, you seemed pretty occupied so…”

 

Kyuhyun gave her a gentle look. “Listen I’m sorry if I dragged you out to this party against your will. I know you probably prefer a different kind of environment.”

 

“No that’s fine, really.” Els shook her head and after a little pause she added. “It was nice seeing you again.”

 

“Yeah” Kyuhyun nodded.

 

It was once again silent for a little while. Els was looking at her feet wondering if she should just say goodbye but on the other hand she kind of didn’t want to do that.

 

“So um” Kyuhyun spoke up then. “Maybe next time we’ll meet in a quieter place?”

 

Els looked up, knowing she was probably blushing and answered. “Yeah, sure.” And with that she turned around and joined her friends in a taxi home.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Hope you liked it!

Ok bye now ^^