Chapter 3 *Chicory*

X.kuse

AYOWADDUP!!!

Another chapter, even though I'm in the middle of finals. You guys must love me forever for this.

This one is pretty cracky hehe.. enjoy! ^^

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey, how many pizza’s do we need?” Sen yelled from the kitchen, holding her hand against the phone. Kelly just shrugged at her “I don’t know. There’s gonna be a lot of people, so erm… I’d say get at least ten.” Sen went back to her phone but a mere five seconds later Kelly heard her voice again “Which ones?” Kelly chuckled a little. “Oh my god Sen, just give me the phone.” Kelly quickly ordered ten random Korean style pizzas and plopped herself down on the couch.

 

Els was cleaning up random bits of trash around the room that had been piling up over the last few weeks and Riki was installing the Playstation she’d had her parents ship to her. And even though it was frowned upon within SM Entertainment, the girls had bought snacks for the occasion. Sure, they’d been working their butts off trying to get in shape but they just couldn’t pass up an opportunity this good to indulge in some of their favorite snacks.

 

“Is it working?” Kelly asked Riki, who was cramped into a really awkward position trying to get the Playstation connected to their TV. “Working on it” the girl grunted as she struggled with the many cables. “Hold this for me will you.” She said, sticking out her arm behind her. Kelly went over and grabbed the end of a grey cable. “This too.” And Riki shoved another one in her hands.

 

After a good ten minutes of technical difficulties, and another five or so cables were pushed into Kelly’s hands, the deed was done and the Playstation was good to go. The pizzas had arrived by now and only just in time as well because Kelly could already hear people outside of the door.

 

She opened the door for half a dozen of EXO boys. Suho, DO, Baekhyun, Kris, Tao and Xiumin all came in and were all instantly wowed by the smell of food. “I take it you guys haven’t eaten.” Els said, amused by their faces. “You have no idea how long I’ve been longing for a good pizza.” Xiumin said as if he was in a sort of trance. “Yeah, oh my god you guys. Thank you.” Tao said and he instantly walked over to the counter to grab himself a piece.

 

“Where are the others?” Riki asked Suho. “A bunch of us had some more work to do, so they’re coming later. I hope you don’t mind.” He said scratching the back of his head. “Oh no probsies!” Riki smiled.

 

Everyone sat themselves down, either on the couch or on the carpet, and dug into the pizza and snacks. “You girls are evil, you know that?” Baekhyun said smiling, as he gulped down a mouthful of pizza. “Feeding us all these illegal goodies…” “Oh you guys are loving it, don’t deny it.” Els laughed back at him.

 

Both sitting on the floor, Kelly was telling DO about the time she accidently punched her friend in the nose.

 

“…and so I was dancing right, and it was to a really good song too. I don’t remember which song exactly it was but, yeah, it was really really good and I was just doing a lot of arm movements and I was totally getting into the groove and stuff and I was doing so good and then, all of a sudden, I felt something! And it was a nose!” She exclaimed, flailing her arms around as she spoke. DO was looking at her with his signature blank face the entire time.

 

Unless Kelly was around her close friends, she wasn’t exactly an outgoing person. Nevertheless, whenever Kelly told a personal story, no matter who to, she had the tendency to ramble on and on in an extremely passionate way. And even in a language she only decently learned to speak a few weeks ago, she managed to tell a pretty entertaining story. DO, for one, definitely seemed enthralled by this talent to say the least. He stared at her while she explained animatedly, how frustrated she’d been with the weather lately.

 

“…and I had just put on my coat when I saw the sun was shining so I took of my coat and went out. But I swear to god, the moment I walked out the door the stupid rain decides to show up and ruin everything. And I know the walk to the company is only five minutes or so but it was raining really hard okay!” She took a breather for a second. “And then I came into singing practice all wet and everybody was looking at me like I was a monster or something. So, and then, it literally took me forever to dry off because I was wearing jeans and you know how when you wear jeans and it gets wet it just does not dry! Oh my god, it’s so annoying!”

 

DO looked at her with his big eyes and gave her a shy smile, honestly not knowing how to reply to that. Kelly was just about to tell him more, when there was another knock on the door and a shout was heard from the hallway. “The party train is here!!!!” Suho face palmed and muttered “Oh god no, Chanyeol…”

 

Els opened the door and in came, not only Chanyeol and Kai, but also Shinee’s Taemin and Minho, along with one other boy trainee and two girl trainees. “Some of the others couldn’t make it, but we brought some other fun people! You don’t mind, right?” Chanyeol said happily as he hugged Els and immediately went over to the snack table. Els just stared at him in disbelief as she closed the door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Oh my god, you have Singstar?!” Chanyeol gasped in awe at Riki as he was going through her various Playstation games. “I wanna play!” Riki giggled at his eagerness. “Alrighty! Hey, anyone else wanna play?” She shouted towards the other people in the room. Everyone seemed to be down for it, which, in a sense was logical, as most people in the room were or wanted to become singers.

 

They started out by doing a team game, in which each team sings a song as a group and tries to get the higher score. Chanyeol, being the smartass he really is, instantly picked DO and Kelly to be on his team, since they were both known to be great singers. The opposing team consisted of Luhan, Sehun and Tao. Since it wasn’t a Korean videogame, all the songs were in English but this didn’t faze Chanyeol at all as he randomly picked out ‘Summer Nights’, a song from the soundtrack of the movie Grease.

 

The sound was pretty horrible, especially when you think about the fact that these were supposed to be actual singers singing. This might have had something to do though, with the fact that most of the members hadn’t ever heard this song before and it was sung in a foreign language.

 

“Chanyeol! Stop shouting random stuff and start singing the lyrics already!” DO, who was obviously taking this a lot more seriously than Chanyeol, spat at the taller man. “Dude, I’m doing the adlibs!” Chanyeol retorted, breaking into laughter.

 

Despite Kelly being the only one on her team that properly knew the lyrics to the song, and despite Chanyeol’s random screams of terror, their team was winning. Sehun and Luhan seemed completely lost by the lyrics and were therefor spending more time giggling amongst each other than doing any actual singing and Tao, rolling his eyes at those two cheese sticks seemed to have given up on the song completely.

 

As the song progressed, DO seemed to be getting more into it and even though his version of the lyrics sounded like jibber jabber, the pitch was spot on. Right at the end of the song, he even went ahead and grabbed Kelly’s hand in his and held them up in triumph as they were singing the last note together.

 

After that amazing performance, Kelly decided to let other people attempt at beating her and DO ‘s score. She went to sit on the couch with her ‘duet partner’ to watch Taemin and some of the other trainees have a go at it. During the first song they tried, Sen came up to Kelly quietly.

 

“He’s doing it again.” She whispered anxiously. Kelly tried to get what her friend was telling her but after thinking about it, she had to admit; she had no idea where that just came from. “…what?” She asked. “He’s doing it again! Kris. He’s doing it again!” Sen said a little louder this time. Looking up towards the kitchen, Kelly noticed Kris gazing in Sen’s direction. The moment he noticed Kelly looking at him, he immediately averted his gaze back towards the people he was talking to. “He’s doing it again!!! What does it mean?!!” Sen whispered almost angrily. Kelly honestly didn’t know what to say to Sen. I mean, she didn’t really know that much about Kris either. He hadn’t really gotten all that close to the girls like some of the other boys had.

 

“You know, Errm… I don’t think you should be worried.” DO’s voice seemed to come out of nowhere and the two girls jumped a little at DO’s entrance to their conversation. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop or anything. It’s just… I think Kris is distant to everybody at first. He just needs a little extra time to get to know people.” He said. “And once you get to know him, he’s actually a really warm person. So… you know ermm… Don’t be afraid.” He smiled shyly, almost embarrassed at what he’d just said. “Maybe you should just go up and talk to him.”

 

Sen had no idea why DO had just said all this but she was happy he had. Maybe Kris didn’t think she was dumb or weird. Maybe he did want to get to know her. Still, she felt really nervous about going up and talking to Kris. She mentally slapped herself for her social awkwardness and sighed. “Yeah, maybe… thanks.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Kelly was just telling DO about her love for Disney movies when Taemin shouted at them “Hey! You two wanna sing another song on here?” DO immediately grabbed the microphones from Taemin and handed one to Kelly. “You want to?” He asked. Kelly nodded and went over to the TV. DO had picked out a song he knew the words to and one he knew Kelly would love; A whole new world, from Disney’s Aladdin.

 

DO started off the song with the famous line“I can show you the world, shining shimmering splendid…’

 

It was so incredibly cheesy and at the same time really kind of cute.

 

Kelly felt herself get into the song as she listened to DO’s smooth voice. She watched as DO concentrated on the song with his eyes closed at first, but opening them after a few lines and locking them with Kelly’s, smiling at her as he sang. She was a little startled at first by this new side of DO, that seemed to come out only while he was singing. DO had always been sort of shy around her so this kind of affection was definitely new to their relationship. By the time it was Kelly’s time to start singing along, she’d gotten back into her usual self and she started singing her heart out next to the equally passionate boy. The rest of the people in the room had all slowly turned their attention towards the unknowing couple, whose singing was pretty damn breathtaking. Kelly felt as though she was levitating, singing with DO. She’d managed to pretty much forget about the entire party and make believe that she and DO were the only ones in the room. It was all very surreal. Kelly’s trance was suddenly broken though by a shout coming from somewhere behind her.

 

“Get a room!” Sen yelled from the couch, laughing. Kelly was brought back to the real world in an instant. She noticed everybody in the room staring at the two of them but most importantly, she noticed how close DO was to her and how her hand was loosely intertwined with his. DO had apparently noticed the same thing as his eyes were opened even wider than usual, and he’d become a little red in the face. Kelly figured she was probably blushing like a tomato as well so she turned around briskly and shuffled out of the room and into her bedroom, leaving DO standing in front of the TV alone, to view their high score.

 

Kelly marched right through her and Els’ bedroom and straight into the aligning bathroom “Oh my god Kelly, what are you doing? What is wrong with you?” She thought to herself as she splashed a little water over her face to wake her up from the shock. She seriously had no idea what had just happened to her. Kelly was a very logically minded person and this, well… there was just no way she could explain this. She’d just never felt anything like this before and it scared her. Do I really like him that much? She wondered nervously. Kelly didn’t even know if she believed in things such as love. She’d always doubted the possibility that she was capable of falling in love with someone and DO was confusing her to the extent that she was almost angry with him for doing this to her. She sat like this in the bathroom for a few minutes, thinking. When she came out and walked back into her bedroom, she was startled to find no one other than DO himself, staring at her bookshelves.

 

“Oh err… I was just… admiring your bookshelves.” He stuttered awkwardly. “Did you make these yourself?” Kelly just stared at him for a moment when she realized he was talking about the chicory plant crates that she’d turned into bookshelves.

 

This boy was magic. Even just the fact that he was acknowledging her home-made bookshelves made her forget about her worries and get back to her normal self. “Yes! Oh I’m so happy you like them!” She squealed. “I made them a few years ago. They’re actually old chicory crates that I had lying around because my grandparents, they were farmers and they grew chicory plants. Isn’t it a great way to save money? And I painted them purple and orange and now they look really good don’t they.” DO smiled at her and nodded, sitting down on one of the beds. “You have great taste.” He said simply. “Really, you think so?” Kelly said excitedly. “My roommates don’t seem to share your opinion. They usually just laugh at me when I bring up this kind of stuff.” DO looked up at her and reassured her. “Well then that’s their problem. You know, not everyone can have great taste like we do.” Kelly chuckled at this. “Hmm… I guess you’re right.”

 

Kelly and DO continued to talk about their love for recycling when all of a sudden; they heard an awful noise coming from the living room. “Oh no, did they let Chanyeol on Singstar again?” DO shrieked. Their assumption was confirmed as they walked back into the living room and saw not only Chanyeol, but Baekhyun as well, singing and dancing their hearts out to ‘It’s not unusual’ by Tom Jones. Most people in the room were trying to ignore the two dummies but Kai, Minho, Els and Riki were watching them from the couch, crying with laughter. Kelly watched as Baekhyun suddenly turned his face away from the screen and started approaching the four people on the couch. “Oh you guys are laughing at me are you?” He smiled wickedly. I one swift motion he had grabbed Els by the arms and pulled her up with him towards the television. Els was struggling but unable to get away from the crazy boys grip. Baekhyun put his arm around her tightly and started swaying with her to the music as he was singing. At first, Els looked straight up mortified but as she watched the silly boy beside her, she couldn’t help but crack up and laugh. Kelly could see the words ‘Help me.’ to her, since Baekhyun had now taken her by the hands and started legit dancing with her, twirling her around and swinging to the music.

 

Chanyeol was planning an encore and went to put on a Michael Jackson song when Kris interrupted him. “I think we’ve all heard enough Chanyeol.” He stated. “Besides, it late and we don’t want to get any complaints.” Suho yawned while nodding. “Yeah, I think I’m gonna head home anyways. I advise you guys to do the same if you want to actually enjoy your day tomorrow.”

 

Most people left with Suho but Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, Kris and DO decided to hang around some more. They decided they’d keep things quiet as it was now 2:30 in the morning. They just sat around in the living room talking about random things. Kelly noticed Sen even talking to Kris a little bit. DO’s advice must have helped, she thought.

 

The later it got, the dumber the conversations became. They must have laughed for at least ten minutes straight when Chanyeol told a really lame joke about cows. Kelly remembered vaguely how Riki and Sen were telling stories about their stuffed animals but after that, she’d passed out and fallen asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Kelly was woken up by the smell of breakfast. Els was busy in the kitchen making some eggs. “Wait a minute, Kelly thought.” “Why can I see Els in the kitchen?”  She looked around groggily and realized she was still on the couch in the same position she was in last night. She must have been really tired for her to actually fall asleep on that couch.

 

Kelly suddenly panicked as she felt something shift next to her. She looked to her left side and, to her surprise, found a sleeping DO, resting his head against the back of the couch just inches from where her own head had previously been. “Holy crap.” She thought, as she looked at his adorable sleeping face. “Holy crap.”

 

DO shifted his body some more and slowly began to awaken. He opened his at the moment not so big eyes and gazed around in confusion. Looking around it didn’t take him long to find out where he was. When his eyes found Kelly’s though, they widened immediately. Just like Kelly, he definitely had not seen this coming. After a few seconds of staring at each other uneasy, DO’s face broke out into a small smile.

 

“Good morning.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Awww well wasn't that just the cutest? ^^

If I made any mistakes it's because it's a little bit rushed so just tell me and I will fix it!