Chapter 2 *Ankle*

X.kuse

 

AN: Thank you to everyone who liked the prologue!!!!! ^^ Makes me happy! Now go enjoy the first chapter! Bye!

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sen didn’t understand. One moment, she was running through a flowery field, catching butterflies, when the next, she felt a heavy force fall down on her lower back and everything went black. Sen was roughly being shaken by Kelly. “Sen wake up already! We gotta go.” She yelled. Sen mumbled something inaudible and turned around in the sheets once again. “That means you too!” Kelly continued as she kicked the person occupying the bed on the other side of the room. Kelly sighed at the lack of response she got and thought for a moment.

 

“The last one out of the dorm washes the dishes tonight!”

 

If Sen had been a dog, her ears would have shot straight up. She knew this from experience; she did not want to get stuck with the task of doing the dishes after a long day of training. Throwing the sheets of off her body, she jumped out of bed and into the bathroom. She washed and dressed herself at lightning speed but realized there was no real need to hurry when she came back into the room. Sitting up on her bed, was a very sleepy Riki, drowsily running her hand through her messy hair. “Thought I heard Kelly…” She mumbled airily.

 

“Err yeah, I think it’s best that you get yourself ready to leave quickly” Sen giggled at the sight of her dazed friend. “Or we’ll have to leave without you again.”

 

Sen had never been great with getting out of bed in the morning; none of the girls were for that matter. However, none of them had ever met someone so very much the opposite of a ‘morning person’ as Riki was. This girl just didn’t care for anything or anyone in the morning. Everything could just go to hell, as long as she could keep on snoring. Today was no exception, but Sen decided that the sleepy girl would not be late today and went to pull away her sheets. Riki, seeing this coming, had already clamped her body tightly around the blankets and a moment later, Sen was dragging the sheets with Riki attached to them towards the living room.

 

Els and Kelly were at the door already, putting on their jackets when they noticed the sheet-parade fumbling into the room. Sen dropped the sheets at her feet when she reached the other two girls, hoping this would be enough to shake up the grumpy girl on the floor. Unfortunately, all she got for her hard work was a muffled “Screw you guys…” as Riki curled up in the sheets once again, pretending to be comfortable.

 

The four girls minus Riki, walked towards the company together as the sun was only just rising. It was a fact that they did really have to get up early every day, and it wasn’t always easy but at the same time, the earlier you arrived in the morning, the earlier you could leave at the end of the day.

 

Sen and her friends had started out with vocal lessons that day. Sen knew singing wasn’t her greatest strength and thus this class wasn’t something she particularly looked forward too. Fortunately, the teacher had noticed a different talent in Sen and had sent her to another coach, to develop her rapping skills. Every once in a while though, Sen was obliged to follow vocal training alongside her friends. Els and especially Kelly seemed to be part of the better half of students in vocal class, as even their very strict coach praised them from time to time. Sen resorted to stay quiet and to not draw too much attention in these types of classes, as she wanted far more to become a rapper anyway. Her rap coach, in stark contrast with her vocal coach, seemed to really like her. He had told her he thought she had great potential and that she was one of the fastest learning students he’d ever had. All this gave Sen the confidence she lacked some of the other classes and made her care less of what her vocal teacher said about her.

 

After a thirty minute food break at the cafeteria, the girls met up with a much more dynamic Riki and headed to dance practice. Sen quite liked dancing, even though she wasn’t the best dancer out there. Most of their dance instructors were very supportive and fun to be around, making dance class not as tiring as it could be. There were the occasional a-holes that made them work until they felt like they were going to puke, but those kind of classes never came around more than once a week. Also, if there was anything Sen needed help with, Riki, who was quite quick in picking up dance moves, would always help her out.

 

Dance practice today, to Sen’s relief, was given by a super-energetic, middle-aged woman, who would often make jokes during class. Sen always tried extra hard to show her talents during dance practices because she knew that, if the girls ever wanted to retrieve any experience on an actual stage, they would most likely be able to do so as back-up dancers for one of the company’s groups.

 

SM Entertainment’s training system sort of worked like universities did. None of the classes were one hundred percent obligatory but of course, the more you went, and showed your capabilities, the more chance you had to ‘level up’ within the company, if you will. That’s why, even though Sen hurt her ankle today during dance practice, she didn’t even think about telling anyone and bit through the pain on her own. This was the kind of pressure trainees had to deal with.

 

After a long but satisfying four hours, the girls moved to the locker rooms to change into some clean clothes. “So, anyone feeling up for some workout at the gym tonight?” Els asked. “I guess I sort of have to. I already missed vocal training.” Riki replied, shrugging. “I’m coming too.” Kelly chimed in, “Sen, you coming along?”

 

Sen thought for a second but decided to pass, as it would probably best to let her ankle rest as much as possible. She didn’t think her ankle was very seriously injured; she could still walk on it just fine, as long as she was a little careful. Nevertheless, she found it best to go get some rest.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The dorm building was mostly empty, as almost everybody would still be at the company at this hour. That’s why Sen hadn’t expected to run into someone. She was waiting for the elevator to arrive when EXO’s Kris appeared in the lobby, carrying a few bags. As he noticed Sen, he put his bags down at once and walked over to her side.

 

Over the last couple of weeks, Sen and the girls had gotten a little closer to the EXO idols. They’d found out they were living in the same building one morning and had kept contact ever since. It’s not like they’d been spending a crazy amount of time together, as the boys still had quite the busy schedule. Nevertheless, they’d hung out a couple of times at each other’s dorm, to relax after a hard day and the girls and boys seemed to be getting along great. Also, because the boys had only just debuted, and still remembered very vividly what it was like to be a trainee, they seemed very keen on helping the girls out with things whenever they could.

 

“I didn’t expect to see you here so soon.” Kris started, resting his forearm against the wall. “Yeah, uhm..” Sen tried to think of an excuse. She didn’t want him to know about her ankle and think she was weak. Noticing how Sen was struggling, he leaned in a little towards her with a worried look. “Sen, are you okay?” He asked looking her up and down. Sen figured she wasn’t going to come up with a clever excuse around this guy and replied. “Yeah, I just hurt my ankle a little.” She saw Kris starting to lean his body even closer towards her and quickly added “But it’s fine, really. I’m fine.”

 

Kris continued to stare at her seriously with those piercing eyes of his. He seemed to be in deep thought and Sen was starting to feel a little anxious. Do I have something on my face? She thought, panicking slightly.

 

Kris was always doing this to her. Gazing at her like that, as though he was trying to read her mind. It confused Sen and she wondered whether the guy was doing it on purpose. It confused her because she didn’t even really know how she felt about him. She’d liked Kris ever since EXO’s debut, even before she’d met him. But since their first meeting with the idols, Sen had felt a little weird around Kris. They never really talked that much and sometimes, he even seemed to act a little hostile towards her. Most importantly though, the way the tall leader would look at her made her feel really nervous sometimes. On one hand, it sort of freaked her out and she was afraid he was doing it because he thought she was weird or dumb but on the other hand, she didn’t want him to stop. The truth was, every time Kris looked at her, whether he’d be standing right in front of her or gazing all the way from the other side of the room, Sen got a funny feeling in the pit of the stomach she wished would never go away. However uneasy the boy made her; she couldn’t help her affection for him.

 

Kris shook his head suddenly as he seemed to have recalled something. “Oh did you hear? Our promotions end this Friday.” He said happily. “Just a few more days and we’ll be free for a little while.” His eyes seemed to light up at the thought. “Oh, that’s great! You’ll all finally be able to get a decent night of sleep then.” Sen smiled up at him, genuinely happy to hear the news. “Yeah, it’ll be nice.” Kris said, nodding his head.

 

His face changed into a small smile as he looked downwards and bit his lip. “So, errm.” He began. “Maybe we can all hang out sometime then. You know, decently hang out, without us having to leave after thirty minutes.” He lifted his eyes to meet hers. Sen stared right back at him for a quick moment, making her heart beat a lot faster than she wanted it to. She nodded quickly, muttering out “Yeah, that’d be great!” and then returned her gaze to the floor once more. Kris gave her another nod and a smile before picking up his bags and turning away from her. Before reaching the door however, Kris turned around abruptly. “Do you need any help getting upstairs?” He asked. When Sen didn’t immediately reply he explained. “You know, your ankle.”

 

Stupefied by Kris, Sen had completely forgotten about her ankle. She thanked the boy for his offer but told him she’d be okay if she took the elevator. “Oh okay. Well, be careful.” Kris said, looking her up and down once again. Then he waved her goodbye and walked out the door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sen had waited for the rest of the girls to come home to tell them the good news about EXO.

 

"Oh that's awesome! We should totally have a party!" Riki practically screamed. "Yeah! We deserve it! We've all worked really hard these last weeks." Kelly added, matter of factly. Els yawned and proceded to make a good point. "Don't you think the guys might be a little tired on Friday?" The girls thought for a moment. "Oh I guess you're right." Sen and Kelly nodded sadly.

 

Riki however was already busy texting Chanyeol about the party and a few minutes later, Chanyeol's response sealed the deal.

 

[Yeeaaaaahhh Let's dooo it!!!!! XD]

 

"Oh well, I guess we can all sleep the day after." Els shrugged, smiling widely.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

AN: Chapter finished!! ^^ It's not as long as the last one. I'll try to make them a little longer in the future. ^^ KBYENOW!!!