Chapter 15 *Donuts*

X.kuse

 

 

Another chapter ready!! ^^

This one went really well.

Enjoysies!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Oh my god! This T-shirt is so awesome!” Kelly cried happily before calling out in a sing-song voice. “Buying it!”

 

The girls had been spending their Sunday afternoon in the heart of the city, shopping for clothes. They were all having a lot of fun. Even Kelly, who usually didn’t enjoy clothes shopping all that much, had found the perfect store for her and she was happy to say that she found enough stuff to last her for years and years to come.

 

Yup, Kelly was a happy camper.

 

The down part about the whole thing of course was all the walking. The girls’ condition might have improved a lot since they joined the company but the slow sauntering through the busy streets was still tiring as hell. That’s why, when the four friends spotted a small, pink, cute looking café with a sign that said ‘Ice cream’ on it, they all rushed towards it immediately.

 

“Finally!” Kelly said as she seated herself on the terrace overlooking the busy shopping street. She smiled happily as she began the lovely ice cream.

 

“I think we might have bought too many clothes.” Els smiled, looking at the load of shopping bags that were littered around their feet.

 

Riki chuckled. “You have a point. But hey, we haven’t done any real shopping since we got here.”

 

“Yeah, we deserved it!” Sen nodded, smiling.

 

They enjoyed their ice creams as they observed the passing people, occasionally commenting on someone’s hair or fashion style. When they were all done, they got up, picking up all of their shopping bags with them. Kelly, who had four big bags to carry in total, didn’t see that one of the bag’s handles was looped around her chair and when she tried to pull it up with herself, she was yanked back down, making her fall onto the ground. Now, this wouldn’t have been that much of an issue only, her seat had been right next to a little stone staircase. It was only a few steps down but the fall was pretty painful nevertheless.

 

“Aah!” Kelly screamed out. “My foot!”

 

Els, Sen and Riki ran to her side at once, helping her back up. The ajumma lady from the café came to check on Kelly as well. She even asked whether she should call the hospital. Kelly quickly assured the lady she was fine however, when she tried to put pressure onto her hurt foot, she shrieked out in pain again.

 

“Okay, I might have to go see a doctor anyways.” She said, pouting. “This hurts”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The doctor had told Kelly she’d sprained her foot and that she’d have to get lots of rest if she wanted to get better. He’d urged her to stay in bed for at least a week. Kelly of course protested against this, as she really needed to be practicing at the company this week. She tried to calmly explain to the doctor why this week was so important but she eventually lost the argument, agreeing to stay in bed for a whole week. Kelly was grumpy for the remainder of the day, reckoning she’d lost her chance to be part of SM Town for sure.

 

That night, some of the guys from EXO came over for dinner. Els and Sen were attempting to make beef stew for the boys. Riki was helping out a little bit too by cutting up the vegetables but Kelly could only observe from the couch. Things were starting to smell pretty good Kelly thought so she figured her friends were at least not messing dinner up without her.

 

Around 7:30 pm, Kai, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and DO knocked on the door. DO immediately complimented the nice smell coming from the kitchen before moving over to Kelly with the rest of the guys.

 

“Dude, so sorry about the foot.” Kai said, patting Kelly on the shoulders. Chanyeol and Baekhyun nodded.

 

“But think of the bright side ay!” Chanyeol smiled brightly. “You have the perfect excuse to be as lazy as you want to be!”

 

Kelly rolled her eyes at the silly boy. “Thanks, I guess.”

 

After Kai had gone to help out in the kitchen and Baekhyun and Chanyeol had the TV, DO came up to Kelly.

 

“Hey” He said, sitting down on the floor next to the couch. “I’m really sorry about your foot.”

 

“Yeah” Kelly sighed.

 

The boy hesitated before smiling up at her. “I got you something.”

 

He exposed the hand that he was hiding behind his back, revealing a pastel purple card. On the front it read: “Get well soon”. Kelly’s face broke out into a big grin as she took it from him and opened it. On the inside DO had written “Things are no fun without you”.

 

Kelly seriously couldn’t stop smiling. She looked up from the card to find DO staring at her expectantly with those big eyes of his.

 

“It’s amazing! Thank you!” Kelly giggled and she automatically reached down and hugged him.

 

“Don’t sprain yourself” DO said, and he carefully helped her back into a sitting position on the couch.

 

“I’m fine, Kyungsoo” Kelly chuckled at his concern.

 

By eight o’ clock, Kris, Tao and Luhan had also arrived at the girl’s dorm. Everyone moved around the little coffee table in the living room as Els and Sen served their first completely home cooked meal.

 

“Whoa!” Luhan said after his first bite. “This is really good.”

 

“Really, you think so?” Sen smiled hopefully, to which Luhan nodded.

 

Everyone ate happily, chatting about random things. A big conversational topic was the upcoming SM Towns. Kelly didn’t exactly feel like joining in on that conversation as she saw none of it in her future. She hoped that her foot would at least be better by Wednesday. If she could manage returning to the company by then, maybe she’d get a chance to show them they should pick her as a backup singer. It’s not that she wasn’t confident in her singing skills; she knew she was good. It’s just that, being absent at a crucial time like this most likely meant that other trainees got the chance to impress the company and therefore take the place that would otherwise have been hers. She sighed, putting down her spoon.

 

“You’re done already?” Kai asked, sitting beside the couch on the floor.

 

Kelly nodded.

 

Kai thought for a moment before smiling innocently up at her and asking “Can I have it then?”

 

When Kelly raised his eyebrows at him, he pouted at her, coming to rest his head on the couch like a puppy.

 

Kelly rolled her eyes. “Fine. Have it, silly!” She giggled, pushing the plate towards the boy, who happily took it.

 

The boys left practically immediately after dinner, as they were all very tired. The girls then decided to follow the boy’s example and go to bed early as well. Els helped Kelly get to bed. Kelly wished she wasn’t so dependent from others. It wasn’t her style however, for now; she’d have to deal with it. She just hoped it’d be over soon.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Kelly spent the following days on the couch mainly, watching variety shows and dramas. Every once in a while she’d attempt standing up, trying to ignore the pain in her foot but it was no use; she wouldn’t be okay by Wednesday, not by far.  

 

There were a few peaks to this little handicap of hers though. Not only would her friends do practically anything for her; her painful foot had also resulted in spending more time with DO. The boy seemed to be extremely concerned for Kelly’s health. He’d spend pretty much all of his free time at the girl’s dorm, caring for Kelly. He cleaned around the house, made her food, kept her company and when he had schedule, he made sure to give her some of his home cooked food to warm up in the mircowave.

 

Kelly was definitely not complaining.

 

On Wednesday, he even gave her a little surprise visit. Kelly had been watching High School Musical by herself when she heard a knock on the door and a second later, DO’s face peered in from behind the door.

 

“Kyungsoo!” Kelly shrieked, really surprised. “You can’t just come over unexpected like this!”

 

DO’s eyes widened. “I- I’m sorry, I’ll just-.” He began but Kelly interrupted him.

 

“Oh it’s fine, don’t worry.” She said quickly. She hadn’t wanted to scare him away. “It’s just; what if you had walked in on me doing something really embarrassing?” Kelly explained.

 

DO smiled then. “Embarrassing? Like what? Watching High School musical?”

 

Kelly’s face turned to a frown. “Hey! High School Musical is cool okay!”

 

“If you say so.” DO beamed happily as he walked over to the couch. “I’ve never actually seen those movies anyways.”

 

“Ooh! You can watch with me then!” Kelly yelled out eagerly, pulling him down onto the couch next to her.

 

Kelly and DO watched the entire movie together. Kelly had to explain to DO what exactly was going on most of the time since the movie was in English and DO’s English wasn’t all that great but DO seemed to really like it nevertheless. He laughed at all the jokes Kelly recited for him and his head started bobbing to the beat every time an up-tempo song came on.

 

When it was over he smiled. “That was great!”

 

“Told you so” Kelly smirked back.

 

DO looked down momentarily and then suddenly jumped up. “Oh I almost forgot!” He said as he reached for the plastic bag he’d set on the floor earlier. “I brought you something.” He stated proudly.

 

“Kyungsoo” Kelly grinned. “You really don’t have to keep bringing me stuff. You have better things to do, which brings me to my next question: Didn’t you have schedule today?”

 

DO just shrugged it off. “Don’t worry about me. I made arrangements with the members. My schedule’s fine.” He said as he rummaged through the bag. “And I saw these at the bakery and I just couldn’t not buy them for you okay.” He retrieved from the bag a big pink box. “Open it” He said excitedly as he handed it to Kelly.

 

Kelly smiled at the sight of the six donuts inside the box.

 

“I love donuts!” Kelly yelled enthusiastically.

 

“I had a feeling you did” He chuckled, taking two of the donuts from the box and holding them over his eyes like glasses.

 

Kelly stared confusedly at the sudden silliness of the boy before her. DO could be really weird sometimes, but in a really cute way.

 

“Kyungsoo, what are you doing?” She giggled.

 

DO just stared at Kelly, looking perplexed and setting down the donuts.

 

The two both ate a donut as they talked about High School Musical. DO really wanted to see the many sequels to the movie as well so Kelly told him he could come over anytime for a little marathon. Soon though, the conversation turned to a less jolly theme.

 

SM Town

 

“Oh don’t worry Kelly; you still have a great chance.” DO tried to cheer her up. “I’ve talked to your coaches and they all love you. You’re really the best.” He smiled sweetly.

 

Kelly didn’t really know whether she could believe his words. She was pretty sure her chances were close to zero.

 

“Kyungsoo, they haven’t seen me all week. What do you think that tells them about my dedication?” She grumbled.

 

DO just continued to gaze at her blankly. “They know about your condition.” He said. “Plus, I told them to pick you. I don’t know whether my words will help much but the singing coaches all really like me and I-”

 

“You did what?!” Kelly squealed loudly, making DO jump in his seat. She impulsively flung her arms around him and embraced him in an over-excited hug. Not that DO’s words would definitely insure her a spot in SM Town; but the fact that he tried this for her made Kelly’s tummy flutter a little. DO was a precious little thing to her and she felt like she didn’t show him enough how much she appreciated him. It took DO a while to realize he was being hugged but when he did, he smiled cutely into the crook of Kelly’s neck. When they pulled back, the both of them were blushing awkwardly. Kelly decided to stare at her hands in her lap for a little, thinking of something to break the silence.

 

“I just feel so useless though” Kelly mumbled after a while. “Everyone’s out working hard and I'm stuck here, you know. I can’t do anything.”

 

“Yes you can” DO responded simply. “Why don’t you just practice here?”

 

Kelly looked up at DO. “I guess I could.”

 

“I can be your coach for today!” He said sweetly.

 

Kelly smiled at him and nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The two practiced some of the songs Kelly liked to sing in class. She had to say though, DO wasn’t the best coach. All he did was praise her and compliment her on her singing talent. When she asked him what she could do to improve more he just stared at her innocently like a little kid and said she was already perfect. On the other hand; she loved what this was doing for her ego.

 

After a singing a couple of songs, Kelly asked DO to sing one. He thought for a moment and then broke out into the most beautiful voice. Kelly watched him closely as he sung. After a few sentences, Kelly realized he was singing in English. She listened intently, trying to make out which song it was he was singing but it was tough. She did recognize the song from somewhere though. Just when she thought she didn’t know the song after all, DO broke out into the chorus.

 

DO was singing with all his heart: ‘I will always love you’ by Whitney Houston. It sounded really good, apart from the Asian accent peeking through the lyrics from time to time. After the chorus, he fell silent again and Kelly started applauding immediately.

 

“Your voice is so amazing!” Kelly sighed.

 

DO smiled at her, blushing a little. “Well, so is yours.”

 

Kelly felt sort of awkward then. It was moments like these that she couldn’t deny that she liked DO way more than just a buddy and these sort of moments made her feel a teensy bit uneasy. She just didn’t know what to do. Actually, she wished DO would do something and just then, DO opened up his mouth.

 

“Um, Kelly” He started shyly, fiddling with his fingers in his lap.

 

“Yeah” Kelly responded.

 

“Um” He hummed as he bit his lower lip. “There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you.”

 

Kelly looked at him expectantly, her heart threatening to beat its way out of her chest when suddenly, the door opened and Els, Sen and Riki came in, talking loudly amongst each other.

 

DO’s face fell a little and he got up from the couch, looking embarrassed. “I guess I’ll just see you tomorrow of something.” He murmured and before Kelly had the nerve to call him back over, he was out the door.  

 

“Hey Kelly” Riki said cheerily. “Had a fun day with Kyungsoo huh?”

 

“Uhuh” Kelly said gloomily.

 

Riki, who was taken aback by Kelly’s moody behavior, frowned, sitting down on the couch. “What happened to you?”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Kelly said, and she let herself sink deeper into the couch. She thought about what DO might have said to her if her friends hadn’t barged in on them like that.

 

“Well if you’re still cranky about the whole SM Town thing, don’t be.” Riki smiled brightly. “Because we were all chosen!”

 

Kelly stared at her friend in disbelief at first but when Els and Sen both verified the statement, she screamed out in happiness.

 

“Oh my god I can’t believe it!” She squealed enthusiastically.

 

When her friends had ruined her and DO’s little moment earlier, Kelly had told herself she was allowed be grumpy for the rest of the day however, after hearing the exciting news, such a thing had become impossible. Especially when she knew that this opportunity was most likely given to her thanks to DO.

 

Her stomach fluttered again when she thought about him. She could no longer deny her feelings. She had been trying to ever since that party they’d had a couple of months ago. Kelly had never believed in a one true love however, gradually, she felt herself warming up to the idea, the only reason therefore being the adorable boy with the humongous eyes that brought her donuts when she was sick.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Done!

Let me know what you think ^^

love you guys! <3

Kbye!!