Umma?

The Twins.

The next morning, I woke up by sleeping Jonghyun. I laid there for awhile, accepting that I was awake. I sighed, turned around a wrapped my arms around Jonghyun's waist. I soon got bored, and moved my lips to his.

He stirred, and kissed me back sleepily.

"Mmm.. this was a good way to wake up.." he smiled. "Let me go back to sleep so you can wake me up again." he said and turned away from me.

"Nooo!~ I don't want to wake you up again." I whined.

He turned back to me and put his arm around me, allowing me to use his head as a pillow.

Just then, my stomach made a loud noise, which made us both laugh.

"Bummie's hungry?" Jonghyun asked.

I nodded and laughed again. We both got out of bed, Jonghyun running to the bathroom and me running to the kitchen. I noticed Minho and Taemin sitting at the table eating cereal, and waved at them. I dug around in the fridge for something to eat, and found nothing. I sighed, shut the fridge and grabbed a bowl. I went to the table and poured cereal in my bowl. I made my way to the fridge again, and opened it and quickly shut it.

"Where's the milk?" I asked running my fingers through my hair.

"We're out." Taemin answered.

I let out an aggravated sigh and poured the cereal back into the box.

"Sorry, Kibum.." Minho said.

"Eh.." I sighed again as my stomach growled again.

I left the kitchen pouting and entered the living room, sat next to Onew on the couch and watched the news. Jonghyun soon came in and with wet hair and fully dressed.

"Jjongiee~" I called him over.

"Hmm?"

"Will you be a dear and run to get some milk?"

"I guess.." he said shrugging.

They all decided to go and by groceries. I stayed and washed dishes from Taemin and Minho's cereal. They came back about half an hour later, put everything away and made food for us.

After we ate, Minho, Taemin, Jonghyun, and Onew went out for a run. I showered and got dressed, then watched a little t.v.

Ring Ring~

I heard my phone ring, and ran to answer it.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Kibum!"

"Umma?"

"Where are you?"

"At my dorm?"

"I'm here in Seoul. I need to come see you. It's an emergency."

I panicked at the thought of my mother seeing me like this. Trying to think of excuses of why she couldn't come, I stayed quiet.

"Bummie?"

"U-umma, y-you can't come! I've got a bad c-cold.." I faked sneezing.

"Oh, Key. I already know. Taeyeon told me. That's why I need to come over."

I glared at the floor.

"I told her not to tell anyone!!"

"Shush. I'm downstairs, let me in."

I sighed, hung up and went to the door and headed downstairs to meet my mother. Once I was down there, I saw Taeyeon hiding behind our mother looking towards the direction I was coming from. I glared at her, but continued to walk toward them. My mother ran to me and hugged me tight.

"Key stop glaring at your sister! It's good I know, now I can help you. I also need to tell you some things. Lets go up." she said grabbing mine and Taeyeon's hand and headed up the stairs.

Once we were inside the dorm, I got them bother a glass of water and we sat on the couch.

"Where is everyone else?"

"Oh.. they went out."

"You didn't go?"

"I can't really go anywhere. My manager doesn't want anyone to see me."

"Hmm.." Taeyeon hummed.

"Why?" My mother asked eyeing me.

"Well.. I've started to get a bump," I said feeling my stomach.

"I can't tell."

"I'm wearing a baggy shirt.."

"Lift it up."

I pulled my shirt up enough for my mother to see my baby bump. "It's pretty big."

"H-how far along are you?"

"Ten weeks?"

"You look like you're.. at least four months." Taeyeon commented, her eyes wide.

"Well.. that's two months, isn't it? It's fine that you're showing."

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course, silly. You'll be eating alot for awhile, but it's nothing to worry about. You really don't know anything about pregnancies?"

I shook my head. "I never really paid attention to that kind of stuff. I didn't think anything like this was even possible."

She nodded. "Well, I'm here to help."

"So what'd you wanna talk about?" I asked. Both Taeyeon and I looked at our mother.

"Oh, well. I wanted to discuss something.. about when you were a baby." I said looking at me.

"Mhm?"

"Well, It's very complicated." she said looking away from me.

I gave her a confused look. "Well?"

"Well, you were born.. very special, Kibum. You were.. born with.. I really don't know how I'm going to explain this." She said putting her head in her hands.

"Umma, it's okay.. just tell me." I said while rubbing her back.

"Well, you see. You were born with both male and female organs"

"Huh?"

"You were born as a hermaphrodite. It's happened many times before. No one really knows how."

"So I have.. ovaries? And.. and stuff like that?" I was confused.

"Yes. I don't really know how to explain it well. Maybe you could ask your doctor?"

"But you're a nurse, why don't you know?"

"I never thought about it, really. I wasn't a nurse when you were born. One doctor told me that it wasn't that big of a deal. That it wouldn't effect you."

"But it has.. I'm pregnant."

"Well.. it wouldn't had effected you if you didn't have a boyfriend. But you do, so basically it's your own fault."

"My fault? You're the one who never told me!"

"Becasuse I didn't think it would effect you. Stop yelling, it's not good for you or the baby."

I looked away from her. "I guess on some level I've known.. Otherwise this wouldn't be possible." I cluched my belly.

She smiled.

"And then I remember grandma talking to me about something like this when I was little.."

"Mhm. Well, maybe you can ask your doctor about it." she said

I sighed. "Well, I have an appointment soon, so I'll ask about it.."

We talked more about it until the boys came back.I didn't want them to know anything until I knew more about it. We had dinner with my mother and sister, and spent a few hours together until Taeyeon had to leave. Soon after my mother left and told me she was leaving for Daegu the next day so we'd talk on the phone about my situation. After she was gone, I headed to my bedroom. Jonghyun was already asleep so I cuddled next to him a fell asleep too.  

The next morning I woke up at nine. I showered and got ready for my doctor appointment. Once it was eleven-thirty, I got in my car and left with Jonghyun. I still hadn't told him about me being a hermaphrodite so I figured I'd better tell him now. I took a big breath, let it out and starting talking.

"Jjong, I need to tell you something about me. I just found out yesterday when my mother came to visit."

He turned to look at me. "Mhm?"

"Well, see.. She told me I'm a hermaphrodite. You know what that is?"

He thought for a moment. " I think so.. but I'm not sure."

"Well, she said I was born with both male and female organs. So, I'm basically half girl." I laughed a little.

He stayed quiet for a few seconds. "So it's happened before, right? These kinds of things are okay? You're not in too much danger since you're pregnant?"

"I'm really not sure.. I was going to ask Doctor Jung some stuff."

He nodded and we continued to the clinic. Once we were there, I talked to the assistant. She told me that Doctor Jung was with a patient and he'd be with me as soon as possible. So we sat in the waiting room. There was a cute little girl, sitting at a table coloring. She looked so happy. She was probably around the age nine? Maybe younger. She noticed me looking at her and looked up at me. I smiled and she blushed. She went back to her coloring, and I paid attention to what was on the television. I became interested in a cooking show that was playing and I barely noticed a pat on my shoulder. I turned around and found the young girl staring at me.

"Hello, I'm Kim Eunkyung." she bowed slightly. "I'm eight."

I smiled at her. "Hello. I'm Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key, okay."

"Are you that one guy from SHINee?"

I smiled. "That's me."

"May I have your autograph, Oppa?"

I smiled at her, took her crayon and signed my name on a peice of paper she was holding.

"Thank you so much!" she smiled once more and ran to a woman whom I assumed was her mother.

Once the nurse called my name Jonghyun and I both got up and walked to the room she was standing at.

"Doctor Jung will be with you shortly." she smiled.

As soon as Doctor Jung was there, he sat at his computer.

"So, Key-ah. How've you been?"

"I've been good. I did find out something just yesterday. It's very important and I'm sure it'll help you alot.."

"Let's hear it, then" he smiled and looked at me.

"Yesterday my mother was visiting from Daegu, and she told me that.. that I'm a hermaphrodite," I paused. "I think that's what she called it anyways.."

"Hmm. Yes, that's very useful. It also expalins alot."

"Can you tell me anything about what it is? She told me a few things, but she said she really didn't know anything about it."

"To tell you the truth I, myself, don't know much about hermaphrodites. I'm sorry."

I sighed. "Oh, well alright."

He turned to his computer once more and started typing. "We can do your ultrasound, now."

I nodded and Jonghyun turned to me. "We get to see the baby?" I nodded again.

"It'll be pretty small though."

He smiled. "That's fine. At least we'll still see it."

We waited for my doctor to bring in his monitor and then I laid down on the bed. Once he put the gel on my tummy, he moved it around with a little gadget. I heard a thumping sound that was very fast. Then it sounded like it split into two.

"Hmm?" Doctor Jung looked surprised.

"What?"

"Uhm.." He took the gadget off my stomach and moved to a different one. He watched the screen, while he moved the tool over my tummy. Once he found the picture, he gasped a little.

"Is there something wrong?" Jonghyun asked.

He took his finger ans pointed to the picture. "See this?" he asked. We nodded. "It's the baby's head," he pointed to the baby's body. "There's it's body."

Jonghyun pointed to another figure that looked exactly the same as the baby, only the head was faceing the opposite direction. "So what's that, then?" he asked.

"That," Doctor Jung pointed to where Jonghyun was pointing. "Is another baby."


 So I reposted chapter 7. :D I think I'm happy with it. In case you're wondering here's what I think  Key looks like; Only minus the ies and stuff.

Comment!!

       

Oh! And here's the baby sonogram c: