Will he be okay?

The Twins.

The door opened, and a short woman trailed in. "Mr. Kim?"

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Doctor Jung informed me to let you know that he'll be here shortly, to deliver the babies."

I froze. I didn't think I would be nervous, but I could feel myself shaking. "Huh?"

"Doctor Jung said he'll been here in a little while, to deliver the babies."

"But, yesterday he told me that we wouldn't deliver them for three days."

"Yes, but his schedule has gotten quite busy, so he bumped it up to today."

"Today?" Jonghyun asked, finally. 

The nurse nodded. "He'll be here soon." With that the short lady left the room, leaving the door open.

I took a deep breath, and let it go after a few seconds.

"Hyung?" Taemin came to my side, followed by Taeyeon noona and Sodam noona. "What did that ahjumma say?"

"She said we have to deliver the babies today."

Taemin's face lit up. "Really?"

I nodded. 

"So, my dongsaengs will be here sooner than expected?"

"Mhm."

"I should call umma," Taeyeon said, reaching for her phone, "She wasn't planning on coming until tomorrow. I'll go in the hall,"

As my sister left, Sodam noona went to Jonghyun's side. "Do you still want me to go to the high school, to get the stuff?"

Jonghyun shook his head, "It's too late for that now. But, can you go to the dorm to get me a few things?"

Sodam noona shook her head yes. Jonghyun pulled a piece of paper and a pen out of his jacket pocket, and quickly wrote something down. "Everything should be in my room." He handed the piece of paper to his noona. "Here's my keys." 

Sodam took the keys and left the room. I stared at my feet. What was she going to get? 

"Key?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, still staring at my feet.

"Nervous?"

I looked at Jjong. "I don't know,"

"You don't know if you're nervous?"

"I'm excited but at the same time, I'm nervous."

"Why're you nervous?"

"I'm not sure if I'm ready to be a parent. I don't know if I'll be a good umma or appa, or whatever you want to call me."

"You'll be a great parent."

"How do you know?"

"Because," he looked at Taemin. "You've been a great umma to Taemin, so just imagine how you would be to your real child."

Taemin smiled and nodded his head. "But remember, you're my umma."

I smiled at Taemin. Taeyeon came in a few minutes later. "I think I saw Doctor Jung down the hall."

"Seriously?" Jonghyun asked, opening the door and peeking his head out.

"Umma said once appa gets home, they'll eat and start driving here."

"Okay,"

Jonghyun slowly shut the door, trying to be quiet. He smiled at me, "He's heading here, now."

I took another deep breath. I'll be okay. We'll be alright, I told myself. I jumped a little, when I heard a knock on the door. Doctor Jung entered the room, smiling. "Kibum, my favorite patient."

"Hello," I said.

"Sorry about the schedule change, Kibum. It's just that I have lots of patients, so I figured you wouldn't mind."

"It's fine,"

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," I answered.

"Then, let's do this. I've got a surgery room prepared and waiting for us. Would you like to walk there, or ride in a wheel chair?"

"I'll walk,"

"Alright, then. Shall we go?"

 

Jonghyun's POV

As we were walking in the hall, Doctor Jung turned around, looking at us.

"You two." He pointed at Taemin and Taeyeon noona.

"Yes?" they answered

"Can you go wait in the wailing room?"

I saw a pout forming on Taemin's face, but it disappeared. They quickly hugged Key and left to the waiting room, Taemin trailing behind Taeyeon.

When we got in the surgery room, Key was directed to the bed. Doctor Jung was getting tools, and I went to Key's side.

"Jjong, I'm scared,"

"Don't be scared, you'll be fine." I kissed his forehead.

Minutes later, Doctor Jung had placed a mask on Key's face.

"It's like a happy gas." He explained. Then, he handed me a pair of blue nurses clothes. "You can go put those on in there." He pointed to a little room, "By the time you're done, we'll be ready."

After I had the clothes on, I re-entered the room. There were three or four doctors in there now, and a blue screen was put up, covering Key's lower body. I went straight to Key's side. "Key?"

"Jjong~" he sang, in a quiet voice.

"How're you doing?"

"I'm great."

Key soon started singing a song, as the doctors worked. I stared at him, "Jjong,"

"Hmm?"

"Look at those penguins," he said.

"What penguins?"

"The ones up there."

I looked up, finding the ceiling with paintings of penguins. "Cute,"

"We should get some for the house," I looked into his eyes, listening to nothing but his voice, until I heard a small cry. I looked over the blue screen, standing on my tippy-toes. 

"It's a girl," I heard one of the doctors say.

I smiled.

"Key, did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"We have a girl,"

"A girl?"

"Mhm. Our Minnie,"

He smiled. "Minnie Mouse."

Key got quiet, and he stared at the ceiling. 

"Key?" I looked at him. "Kibum."

I looked at one of the doctor, who looked at me. "Jung-ssi," he looked at Doctor Jung.

I heard another baby's cry. Doctor Jung quickly handed the baby to one of the others and looked at Key.

"Get him out," he told them. He went to Key's side and put an oxygen mask on his face. Two of the doctors grabbed me by the arms, dragging me out of the room.

"Please, help him" I begged.

"We'll do all we can," one of them assured me."Pease stay out here."

I sat in the hallway, on a bench, for at least an hour until I heard footsteps approaching. I looked up, to see who the person was.

"Hyung!"

"Jjong?"

I ran to my hyung, hugging him. 

"Jonghyun," Onew hyung said. "You're in doctor's clothes,"

"Yeah,"

"What happened?"

"Key," I sighed, "They were delivering the babies, and Key.. he just.. he passed out."

"Is he okay?"

I shrugged, "They won't tell me anything,"

"Are the babies out?"

I nodded, "Yeah, one of them is a girl. They kicked me out before I found out what the other one is."

He hugged me.

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing here? Did Minho or Taemin call you?"

He shook his head. "I accidentally stabbed my hyung from the army in the foot,"

"How?"

I laughed a little, "I was using a pitchfork, and well.. he got in my way."

"A pitchfork?"

"Mhmm,"

"Kim Jonghyun?" I heard my name being called. 

He ran to the girl who called my name, followed by Onew.

"Kim J-Jonghyun?"

"Yes?"

"They said they're ready for you in there."

"Is he awake?"

"I don't know anything, they just told me to come get you."

I looked at Onew,

"Oh, they said to make sure you went alone."

"Go, Jjong. I'll go see if my hyung is doing okay,"

I nodded and ran as fast as I could to the surgery room.

 


And since I'm rude, and seem to like cliff-hangers, this is all that you get. This chapter would've been out yesterday, but I was an idiot and forgot to save it before I refreshed the page. Thanks to: smentandjyp, NiiKey, RiceJoelIsReal, shilpatu, KiyouraRuki, mellychau, AlyPyro21, and MetalicHA for subscribingAnd a special thanks to: ChaeJungAh; your comments are lovely. Please don't forget to comment, upvote, and subscribe if you haven't already. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry if you find any mistakes, I was kind of tried as I wrote it. I kept wanting to write Taecyeon instead of Taeyeon.

         ~Neesa