Back to Normal

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

Here on, everything will be based on your point of view. If it is in someone else’s thoughts, I’ll inform you beforehand. :)

-----------

You woke up, soaked in your own sweat and clutching tightly onto your pillow. The other side of the bed was already messed up, either you rolled back and forth or there was another presence who came while you were sleeping.

You sighed as you sat up and crunched your forehead. The sudden panic attack’s aftershock was unbearable. Everything seemed to have come alive yet once again. You shook your head furiously, hoping it would shake away the thoughts.

“Aeree! You awake?” the door opened, revealing one of your favourite brothers, Baekhyun.

You nodded, motioned him to come in. He was still in his pyjamas yet the first thing he did was to check on you. He sat next to you, patting your head and pinching your cheeks, his daily routine.

“Oppa, Pororo? When did you ever own this?” you chuckled as you took a closer look. He kicked his legs up, hugging them as if hiding the fact that he forgotten to wash his pyjamas again and ended up wearing one of Kyungsoo’s.

“Hey! I love Pororo! You had a Pororo-deprived childhood. You missed out all the fun Pororo brought to us!” he explained animatedly.

“Stop lying, we grew up together! Get out of my room, BaekRo oppa!” you stuck out your tongue at him and ran off to the bathroom to wash up.

After changing, you went downstairs to help out in the preparation for breakfast like you always do. As per usual, both Kyungsoo and Joonmyeong oppa are busy pilling up food to feed the 11 of us. You took the last apron on the hook and slid it over your neck.

It seemed that only Joonmyeong realised your existence in the room as he stepped away and left the job to you. Kyungsoo was still engrossed in perfectly flipping the pancakes without over-burning them like he used to before.

Satisfied, he transferred the food onto a serving plate and placed it on the counter. He finally looked up and was taken aback as he realised someone else was in Joonmyeong’s place.

“Aeree-ah! Since when- why are you here? Where did Suho hyung go?” Kyungsoo gave his signature look. O.O

You chuckled, reminded of how intense Kyungsoo’s focus in cooking can be. Yixing entered the kitchen, rummaging through the refrigerator for milk before leaving the kitchen once again.

“Xing oppa, do you not see me?” you remarked, eyes still on the omelette. He stared at you for a while before giving you a morning hug and going off to the living room.

You were done cooking and headed towards the other rooms to wake them up. The first room was obviously the heavy sleepers’ room. As much as you love them, waking them up is the most tedious thing to do.

As you neared the door, you could hear Baekhyun rapping in a loud manner and a squeaking buing buing forming. They will never change.

You slammed the door open, yet no signs of any movement. Tao-oppa’s aegyo could only work when Kris oppa was awake, not when he’s asleep. Baekhyun oppa could only make Chanyeol oppa join him in beatboxing if only he was taking a nap.

“Oppa, you don’t go wake up this instant, the baozi will eat all the pancakes and we won’t leave anything for you,” you sing-song-ed to their ears.

STILL NO REACTION.

I hate you, heavy sleepers. You make everyone’s life very arduous. “Wu Fan gege….. Chanyeol oppa…..” you shook them awake. Kris woke up almost immediately after hearing his name being called.

They were the only two who were not awake though. Everyone else seem to have the initiative to wake up by themselves except for the giants. Luhan was happily munching on the pancake when  you took the seat next to his. He ruffled your hair and continued eating.

“School’s starting tomorrow. I can’t wait to go back! I’m not wasting another month rotting at home,” Jongdae oppa said.

Everyone blinked at him. Rotting at home was an understatement of the month. A lot of things happened just within a month. Happy, sad, tragic, cheerful. All those memories were meant to be cherished. All except for one.

Stomping on the stairs could be heard from the table. “Baozi….. was… going to finish everything?! You could have left some for me,” Chanyeol oppa muttered amidst of catching his breath. Kris was already down. Luhan, Sehun, Jongin were watching reruns of who knows what. Baekhyun and you were busy reading the newspaper and the rest were still on breakfast.

“You see oppa, there’s 14 of us if you include Mr Jung. Whoever wakes up first, eats first. Whatever’s left, will be yours. Check the counter, Kyungsoo oppa may have been kind enough to make you some,” you said without lifting your eyes off the print.

Baekhyun smirked at your words and continued on the next article. The house will never be quiet, you thought, but never the same when there were 15.

You let out a big sigh and all eyes were on you. You took more than two weeks to regain your old self back. It was just physically, not mentally.

---------

Welcome, my new subbies! <3 Keke, hope I didn't bore you here. This explained how life was before something. There were 15 of you. If you counted the butler, Mr Jung. This shows how close you and Baekhyun are which means something is between you too. Hope I cleared up some things here! ;) <3<3<3