Out

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

 You squinted your eyes open. You felt something vibrating on the bed. “Hello?” you answered groggily.

“Finally come to your senses huh, Hong Aeree?” a familiar voice mocked.

“Daehyun? Uh, Myungsoo?” you tried to figure out the caller. “WAIT. Youngjae?!”

“Duh. The genius Youngjae. I have a feeling you wouldn’t wake up on time so I called you after I finished changing.”

Your eyes widened. You glanced at the wall clock. 9.30. “Why are you changed so early? I thought we’re meeting at 11?”

“Wrong, 10.30. Jimin texted you, didn’t she? I’m sending my nephew back to my sister’s house. I give you 45 minutes. Change quickly and meet me at the start of your street.”

You panicked. You hated last minute changes. Especially when no one informed you. You took a quick shower, put on the outfit you luckily put aside yesterday and rushed with your skincare.  You ran down and grabbed hold of everything you could and dashed out of the house.

“HONG AEREE. SHOES.” Kyungsoo stood by the door and crossed his arms. You looked at your bare feet and ran back in. “What time are you coming back?” “Before my curfew that’s for sure. BYE!”

You reached the end of your street with 5 minutes to spare. 10.10. You munched on whatever you had while trying to fix yourself. Today’s outing was a little special with Myungsoo and Jimin tagging along. And you wanted to look good. For some reason.

Youngjae came exactly on the dot, phone on his ear. He was busy scolding someone on the phone and was very frustrated. “Change of plans, Daehyun said Jimin told him to go to Free Park. What’s with her and changing locations? To be honest, she wasn’t even the one organising this. Heck, she was the last person to know and to be invited. I don’t like her,” he kept on ranting on how unreasonable Jimin is but he didn’t realise he was holding on your wrist tightly.

“Youngjae. My wrist. Yoo Youngjae.”

He blanked for a second before he let go of you. Then he continued his mini rant about Jimin. You did not know exactly why he disliked her so much. You just kept silent before something crossed your mind. You counted the days since you transferred into their school and the days you’ve known Jimin.

“Yah, did Jimin text you about the time and meetup change?”

“No, technically I found out via Jongup who found out from Junhong who found out when he was with Daehyun at the convenience store. Why?”

“It kinda seems as though she wants Daehyun and only Daehyun to know about the changes. If not, shouldn’t I be the first one to know? Did you tell Myungsoo?”

“That’s true. Yeah I did tell him. Let’s just go and meet the rest. I hope we’re not late. Cause Hongdae is only a few junctions away.”

The both of you reached the Free Park seeing only Daehyun and Jongup there. You looked around for any sight of Myungsoo but to no avail. Jongup held his hand up to greet you while Daehyun begun whining about how Jimin kept texting him till late at night and he didn’t want to entertain her weird texts. "Doesn't she have a boyfriend already?" Daehyun cried out loud. You shot Youngjae a look. He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Junhong appeared with his skateboard while balancing three cups of bubble tea on the other hand. All five of you sat down and waited. Even after a lot of passing of bubble teas were done, only Myungsoo finally showed up. Jimin, however, still was not in sight.

“You sure our Baek Jimin told you to meet up at Free Park at this timing?” Junhong asked for the umpteenth time.

“I know only one Jimin. Obviously I can’t mistake her with another person,” Daehyun replied, snatching the cup in your hand.

“You mistook Chunji hyung for that Kevin dude from the university.”

“That’s because they looked alike. And she texted me not met me. Just call her now, or we leave.”

You gestured to Myungsoo who was on the phone. Myungsoo seem to be very puzzled at what Jimin was saying to him. He glanced at Daehyun and raised a brow. He then turned around and strained his neck to look for her.

“She said she’s already here. Had already been since like half an hour ago.”

“Junhong went around with his skateboard around the park thrice. Surely he couldn’t have overlooked thrice?”

Jongup stood up and dusted his pants. “Let’s just go. She didn’t try to look for us so we should just forget her and enjoy this Chuseok holiday.”

There was no other better place to go than the arcade. It was a tad bit better than going to an amusement park.

The boys all rushed into the arcade, leaving you behind. Rolling your eyes, you strolled to the nearest jubeat station and played your heart out. The boys wouldn’t necessarily care about what you do; they know you’re not going to leave the arcade without them.

You kept losing because instead of focusing on the game, your mind was thinking of ways those people could get to you.  The call yesterday had frightened you and it was exactly 6 months after Yunwoo’s death. Who knows your death was being plotted and carried out at this moment?