Chapter 4. Falling for her

Strung out

 

I sent the girls who showed up at my door home. My head is full with Krystal.

 

What does she have anyway? An attack, the old lady say.

 

A heart disease? The hospital's name is sacred heart, so it's possible. But why is she staying in such a small hospital if she has a heart problem?

 

I looked at the staff name as I was there and there's only one GP in charge.

 

Why isn't she staying at a bigger hospital if she has something serious? She's so young.

 

 

I checked the internet. Sacred heart hospital, no further information. Damn.

 

 

 

I called Yuri, maybe she knows more.

 

 

“Damn you Amber. It hasn't even been 48 hours. What did you do this time?”

 

“Heh? I just want to ask something”

 

“HEH? You didn't hurt yourself and you call me?”

 

“What? I can't call you if I'm not hurt?”

 

“Well, it's highly unusual”

 

“Shut up!” I giggled “Yul, you know a small hospital called Sacred heart?”

 

“Sacred heart? Yeah, on the east side of the city. Why?”

 

“What is it's specialty?”

 

“Umm.. from what I know of, nothing. I mean they taking patients with chronic diseases, incurable or palliative patients. All kinds, oncology, cardiology, neurology”

 

“But it can't be...” I was mumbling under my breath.

 

“What? I can't hear you”

 

“Uhh nothing... Thanks Yul”

 

“Amber...wa---”

 

Before she could finished her sentence, I hung up.

 

 

What does this girl have? Is she critically ill? But there must be something someone can do.

 

 -----

 

I got up early the next morning and went to the clinic. I found that old lady behind the counter again.

 

 

“Good morning”

 

“Good morning” she said “Krystal is at the backyard” and pointed at the white door

 

I smiled “Thank you very much”

 

“Your welcome”

 

 

 

I walked and opened the door. I can hear her humming her song again. She was kneeling once again in front of the blue bells. She must like the flowers very much. My heart starts beating fast at the glimpse of her. Damn it, Amber. What's wrong with you?

 

“Amber?” She said without even turn around

 

HEH??? This girl must really has eyes on the back of her head??

 

“H—Hi Krystal” I scratched my head “How do you know...?”

 

“Hehehehe... Secret”

 

 

She remembers my name and it's making me very happy.

 

Krystal got up and sat herself on the bench. I sat myself next to her.

 

 

“H-How are you today?”

 

“Better” she smiles.

 

And my heart melted

 

“ I came yesterday and the lady said you were not feeling well...”

 

“Yeah... but I'm better now”

 

 

“What----”

 

“Want to take a walk with me?”

 

She cut me before I could finished my sentence, I guess she doesn't want to talk about it. Well can't blame her. I'm just a stranger. But it hurts me...

 

She showed me the garden at the back, telling me all kinds of flowers that grow there. I wasn't paying attention to the flowers, I couldn't get my eyes off her face. She's so beautiful.

 

It seems that it doesn't bother her even though my eyes were glued at her face all the time. She keeps chattering happily. I love her voice. I was smiling the whole time. It's been so long since I feel this happy. We got back to the blue bells and sat ourselves.

 

 

“You live around here?” she asked

 

“Yes”

 

“How old are you?”

 

“24. And you?”

 

“I'm going to be 18 in three months”

 

“18?”

 

“Yeah, why? Do I look older?”

 

“Hehhehe No, I thought you were 16”

 

She pouted.

 

I giggled some more.

 

She asked me more questions which I happily answered until  the Samcheon from the other day called her, I looked at my watch and can't believe it's already over noon. He reminds her to take her meds and to get a rest.

 

Wow, we've been talking for like more than 4 hours and I still want her to stay. But she does look pale so I said goodbye and promise to come back the next day.

 

 

As I lay myself on the bed that night I knew I’m falling for her and there's nothing I can do about it.