Chapter 21. Voices

Strung out

Grand Nana called me to her office.

 

"There" she threw me an invitation card.

 

I raised my eyebrow

 

"You're going to attend the ball on my behalf"

 

"I'm not in the mood for it" i threw the card back to her

 

"Remember your promises?"

 

I gritted my teeth, unwillingly took the invitation's card and left the room.

 

 

"Amber"

I stopped at the entrace, didn't bother to look at her

 

"Don't even think of leaving the ball before it's finished"

I didn't answer and left.

I did give her my words.

--------------------

 

 

I wore a tux for that night, comb my hair, look myself at the mirror once more before i lock the door. The driver already waited at my apartment entrace.

 

"Dr. Liu" he greeted me.

 

I nodded and enter the car. I open the champagne bottle, maybe if i'm drunk it won't be so bad to spend hours at the ball there. At least Yuri and Jess Unnie are coming.

 

I stared at my champagne glass. Toast Amber. I hope you survive the night.

----

 

 

The driver opened the door for me.

"Dr. Liu, we're here"

"Thanks" I said.

I button my tux as I get out.

 

What the hell is this, so many press?? Isn't this just supposed to be a charity ball for children?

 

I could here girls giggled everywhere as I enter the room. I haven't lose that charm, i guess, but i lost all my interest. I only want her.

 

So many women came and introduce themselves to me, i just politely smile. i hate this kind of events. I look around until i find Yuri and Jess-unnie.

 

"Hi"

"Oh, hi Amber. YOu look nice" Yuri said

"Yes, you do" Jess Unni grin.

"Yah, Sica baby, don't drool over Amber"

"Don't worry, Seobang, i only love you"

 

I smiled a little bit, how much i envy them.

 

I got myself more champagne, sitting myself at the dark corner, where nobody can see me. Nana forbid me to leave early, but she never said about not mingling.

 

The MCs come to the podium. I just ignore them and sipped my champagne.

Speech after speech, i could die of boredom here. The MC announced something about a guest star, everybody clapping.

I just stared at the floor.

 

 

Music starts to play and I dropped my glass as I heard...

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg1ZO7TNn9o&feature=related  

plis click the link to hear what Amber heard =)

 

------------------------