Chapter 3. Sacred heart

Strung out

I got up the next morning. I looked at my cellphone. 01.24 pm; 11 messages. I opened them only to find messages from girls who wants to drop by tonight.

 

I ignored them. I messed my hair, what's wrong with me? I had that girl's face all night long. Her eyes, her voice.

 

Krystal...

 

I walked to the bathroom, this cast and sling are killing me. I took them off. What? I know I shouldn't, so what?

 

I took a cold bath to numb the pain at my wrist, open the med kit and took some Ibuprofen. Dried my hair, put on my leather jacket and walked without even having a place to go.

 

I was surprised to find me in front of the small hospital from yesterday.

 

Really, Amber?

 

I looked up and it said “Sacred heart”

 

I went in and saw a middle age lady on the counter

 

“Hallo” I said

 

“Yes, young man? Can I help you?”

 

I smiled, this lady mistook me as a boy, but that's all right. This makes things easier. I showed her my killer smile, It works on Ahjummas too ^^

 

“Awww, you're a fine looking young man. Are you visiting someone here?”

 

“Well, actually, I might”

 

“Might?” She raised an eyebrow

 

“I'm looking for Krystal”

 

 

“Krystal? Oh.... she's not feeling well today. She had an attack again this morning. I'm sorry, young man. She's not allowed to have visitor today”

 

Attack? What does she have?

 

“I'm sorry. I know Krystal for not so long. Can you tell me what she has?”

 

I know it's useless, but it's worth a try.

 

“I can't tell you young man. Why don't you come by again tomorrow, maybe she feels better tomorrow.”

 

I nodded. “Thank you, Mam”

 

“Your welcome. Wait, what's your name? I'll tell Krystal you came by, when she awakes”

 

“It's A.. A.J, but you don't have to tell her. I'll come by again tomorrow.”

 

“OK”

 

And without me knowing it, my heart has been captivated by her. 

 

-------------

 

So anyone guessed already what Krystal has?