Chapter 22. Touch

Strung out

This must be a dream.

I look at the stage and there she is. The girl i love, the person i'm missing all of these years. Her hair has grown longer, i can't see her eyes from here. I wonder if she still has those pale eyes now that she got her vision back.

I closed my eyes, her voice always calms my soul.

This 2 years being apart from her just make me realize how much i love her.

 

BUt how can this be? Nana said i can't see her again and there she is.

I know Nana must've planned all this.

What is she up to?

 

I clapped on the corner as she finished, everybody cheered for her.

The MC came back and allowed the audience to ask her some questions.

Some were asking about her life was as she was blind, how it was the first time being able to see again.

 

She was happy, i can feel it. It's nice seeing her beautiful face again, her smile doesn't change, her laugh.

 

And then a guy raised his hand and asked her if she wants to be his girlfriend.

I have the urge to punch him in the face.

 

 

She just smiled. I held my breath waiting for her answer.

"I'm sorry, but i have to pass" she laughed.

 

The guy who asked her was looking at the back as if he was waiting for instruction.

I might be hallucinating but i think i saw Grand Nana giving him signs.

 

"I read in your book that you lost some of your memories. Can you remember of anyone special?" He asked again "I mean, if that person really means a lot to you, you won't forget him just like that, right?"

 

 

So that's why Nana told me to come. So i heard from Krystal that she doesn't even remember me. I tried to be calm but my heart still hurts a lot.

 

"Uhhh.. actually i can't remember. I think i had someone, but..."

She didn't continue her sentence, starts playing with the ring on her left hand. She's still wearing my ring.

"Nobody came to look for me all these years..." she continued

 

I bit my lips. I wished I could, Krys. I wished I could be there for you.

I closed my eyes to try to lessen the pain.

 

 

If you're trying to make me see that Krystal already forget about me Nana, you don't have to. I knew it all along, but it doesn't make me love her less.

And how am I supposed to move on if my heart still belongs to her? And it will forever be hers. She might forget about me, but I'm not.

 

 

The session ended, and she got ready to sing her second song.

I just stand there at the corner, i wanted to run, wanted to go away. But i remember my promise to Nana.

 

I winched my eyes as the stage light hit my eyes. What are they doing with the lighting? The lighting crew are moving the stage light everywhere on the audience.

I winched once more as the light was on me again. I tried to cover my eyes.

 

 

Suddenly Krystal stop singing. She was looking at my direction.

She dropped the mic and frowned as if she tries to remember something. All eyes were on her.

 

Ignoring the music, she walked slowly towards me.

 

I blinked rapidly. Krystal never sees my face, so it can't be that she recognises me.

 

And i haven't spoke the whole night, so there isn't chance that she heard my voice.

 

As she come nearer my heart feels like it wants to explode.

 

 

She stopped right in front of me. Her eyes gazed intensely at my face.

 

She was so near to me. I want to hold her, wanted to tell her how much i miss her.

 

But i just froze.

 

 

 

Krystal blinked her eyes several time, still examining my face carefully. There were loud buzzing on the audience, i can feel camera blitz on my face.

 

 

 

Krystal lifted her right hand, slowly closed her eyes as she run her fingers on my face.

 

I bit my lips, trying to hold my tears. I watched her as her fingers dance on my face.

 

As her fingers brushed my lips lighty just like that night at the beach, the night i asked her to marry me, tears run down my cheek.

 

 

She open her eyes, her voice trembles as she said "Amber...."

 

 

And she flung herself to me, hugging me tight, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"I found you..."

 

 

 

 

I can't hold myself anymore, i hugged her back, her hair and whispered in her ear

 

"Krys..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

KRYYYYBBEEEEERRRRR (。´∀`) 

Don't mind me, I'm just a strange ahjumma who gets excited on her own story