Epilogue, Part 1

You Belong With Me

Chapter 34 – Epilogue, Part 1

 

 

Even while in the hospital after having quite a bit of glass embedded in his back, Yonghwa felt better than he ever had. He managed to save his sister and Minho, his best friends’ wedding hadn’t gotten completely crashed, and most importantly, he could finally rest easy after Hyuna was gone. For once in his life he felt at ease with no worries in sight. Now that he had a steady job, a nice house, and a beautiful girlfriend, there was nothing else he wished he had. “What are you thinking so hard about Yong?”

The girl from his thoughts had somehow materialized in front of him, putting a smile on his face. Without any words he took her hand and squeezed it tightly just to see if she was real or if it was the painkillers causing him to hallucinate. “Nurse!” he yelled. Seohyun was startled at the raised tone of voice and quickly tried to escape to call a nurse.

“Why do you need a nurse? Are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

“I need a nurse to tell me if the person in front of me is an angel or if I’m just seeing things because of the medicine,” he cheesily responded. Seohyun sighed deeply and closed her eyes tightly. If it weren’t for Yonghwa holding her hand so tightly she was sure her toes and fingers would be curled up from his cheesiness.

“We’re breaking up…” she mumbled back. “I don’t think I can take these constant goose bumps you give me.”

Yonghwa let go of her hand and pushed his lips out in a pout. Seohyun knew that was his signal that he wanted a kiss. Not wanting to let her boyfriend be in his ‘sad’ state, she complied. He began to grin his signature toothy grin once he realized his little tricks were working. Their lips barely touched before being interrupted by someone clearing their throat at the door. “I hope I’m not interrupting something important.”

Yonghwa shot the newcomer a deadly glare while Seohyun giggled at his childish actions. Even when his back was covered in wounds he managed to uphold his ‘#1 choding’ title. “Yes as a matter of fact Jang Woo you were interrupting something,” Yonghwa sarcastically answered. “You may have just interrupted me from spending my final moments with this angel that was taking me to heaven but you know… I have time for you too.”

The newly married man gave Seohyun an expectant look but she could only roll her eyes and give him the same look back. “The doctors told me your results were out Yonghwa.” Jang Woo looked at the patient chart that was attached to the bed near Yonghwa’s feet before looking back up at his best friend. “The results say: you’re a freakin’ idiot so shut up.”

“Ha ha ha you’re so funny Jang Woo,” Yonghwa laughed back with a glare.

“Anyways… What brings you here Jang Woo?” Seohyun inquired.

“Well the police told me to give you this report once you were out of the hospital,” he began to explain. Seohyun followed his hand movements as he pulled out a yellow piece of paper from his back pocket and handed it to her. “It has all the details about Hyuna and Jae Hyuk. I’m sure you’ll find a lot of interesting information in it.”

“Kim Hyuna…” Yonghwa muttered. “That’s one name I’m glad we won’t have to hear ever again.”

Silence filled the room after the comment that everyone in the room agreed with. They weren’t ever a spiteful bunch. People had popped up here and there that they didn’t like, but they never really ‘hated’ anyone. Hyuna managed to change that and quickly became something like a plague. If they could, they would avoid it at all costs. “Yeah well we didn’t get away from her for free you know,” Jang Woo stated.

“Hey man, at least she ruined your wedding and not mine,” Yonghwa laughed. Seohyun gave him a slap on the shoulder for his insensitive comments. “What Seohyun? You know I’m right!”

“Yeah you are but you don’t have to say it out loud,” Seohyun scolded. Jang Woo didn’t know why but he suddenly had the urge to add the idiots in front of him to the list of people he wanted to avoid like the plague.

“Thanks a lot guys really!” Jang Woo yelled with his usual sarcasm. “You guys are the best friends ever. I know I can always count on you.” He stuck his hand out angrily towards Seohyun so she could take the police report from his hands. Seohyun took it from him and held it open so she and Yonghwa could see. “Anyways I gotta head out. Eunjung and I have a plane to catch later in the day.”

The irate man walked over to Seohyun and gave her a tight hug then turned to the person who consistently managed to annoy him over the past few minutes. Right as he went in for a ‘man hug’ Yonghwa shoved him away. “You idiot! I can’t hug you with my back all cut up like this!” Yonghwa yelled.

“Aigoo is my little Yonghwa choding upset cause his boo-boos hurt?” Jang Woo asked with a baby voice. He rubbed Yonghwa’s messy hair in a cute way before proceeding to laugh hysterically. Yonghwa just went with it instead of getting angry. He knew if he gave Jang Woo the reaction he wanted, he wouldn’t stop teasing him.

“Get out of here. Your wife is waiting for you,” Yonghwa pointed out.

With a nod, Jang Woo made his way out the door giving the couple a sideways glance. “Have fun you kids. You sure as hell deserve it.” Sure Hyuna had threatened him and Eunjung as well, but the brunt of the burden was put on Yonghwa and Seohyun’s shoulders. He was happy that somehow they had gotten their happily ever after ending.

Two pairs of eyes scanned the police report that had quite a bit of information about Hyuna’s dastardly deeds. Jae Hyuk managed to leave behind a letter detailing Hyuna’s extensive criminal history. He explained how the ransom note was fake and she hadn’t been kidnapped after all. There were things in it detailing how she had first shot Joon and then returned to kill him when he was in the hospital. Most importantly, Jae Hyuk’s letter gave them the peace of mind that Hyuna hadn’t actually gotten her way with Yonghwa. With the fact that the baby hadn’t been Yonghwa’s out in the open, the pair let a breath escape their lips. Then the events of the wedding day were relayed up until the moment of Hyuna’s death. Ironically, she died in the same way that Min Young had. Falling from a second story onto a pile of debris then dying from the mortal wounds brought upon by the fall.

“Hey I think I should go check up on Krystal and Minho.” Seohyun stood up and began to walk towards the door to leave Yonghwa to rest. Yonghwa held onto her hand, preventing her from continuing the walk. He puckered his lips up again to resume what they had been doing before being rudely interrupted by Jang Woo. “You really have no shame do you?” she wondered.

“Will me having shame get me a kiss from you?”

“Uh… no?”

“Well then I have no shame. Come on and kiss me already,” Yonghwa whined. “I can’t keep my lips like this forever.” Seohyun walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the forehead. Without a second thought, she ran off into the hospital halls, leaving Yonghwa hot and bothered. “YAH SEO JOOHYUN!! Get your back here and give me a kiss!!”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Six Months Later

The painful memories of the events that occurred a little under half a year ago were all close to being forgotten. After Jang Woo and Eunjung’s unfortunately short wedding reception, life seemed to move on in a bright direction for everyone. Now it was December 24th, Christmas Eve, and everyone in the Republic of Korea was looking forward to their well-deserved holidays off. In Korea, Christmas was more of a dating event rather than a religious one. Couples flocked to restaurants, cafes, skating rinks, and amusement parks to treat their significant others to holiday treats. One such couple consisted of none other than Jung Yonghwa and Seo Joohyun.

“Yonghwa…” Seohyun whined in a bored voice. “Why did you decide to come out to this resort last minute? We’re going to miss Jang Woo and Eunjung’s Christmas party tomorrow if we don’t make it back in time.”

Yonghwa paid no attention to his girlfriend’s complaints and stared out to the road in front of them. His department head had made plans to take some members of the department to a ski trip at a resort in Pyeongchang which was around 3-4 hours from Seoul depending on the weather and traffic. After some last minute changes the head couldn’t make it, leaving his room and resort pass to Yonghwa for the 24th and 25th. “Yah! How could you possibly think of passing up this opportunity to stay in this expensive resort for free?”

The annoyed girl rolled her eyes at her eager boyfriend and looked out the passenger seat window. A blizzard struck the province they were in, effectively reducing the traffic’s movement to zero. Cars were either constantly getting stuck in the snow or worse, getting into accidents. They left Seoul at around eight in the morning in hopes to get to the resort by noon. However, noon went by, then one o’clock went by, then two o’clock, then three. Now it was almost four o’clock and they were just a little over halfway there.

“I hope you know that if we miss getting to enjoy the resort AND we miss Jang Woo’s party I will kill you for running Christmas,” Seohyun chided. Yonghwa really had no more patience to spare when it came to Seohyun’s constant bickering. It took him a really large amount of effort to get her to come in the first place and now she was just being a brat about it.

“How is it my fault that the weather is bad and these people don’t know how to drive?” he barked back. “Please just let me drive in peace Seohyun. It’s almost going to be night time and I really don’t have to listen to you ing about this too.”

The windows fogged up inside the car from how much heat the two were producing, no doubt it would continue to get even higher from how angry they both were. So now not only were the two on edge about the traffic and weather, but now they were also pretty angry with each other. Overall it didn’t seem to be a very good start to their holiday season.  

After three more long and grueling hours, the pair finally saw the giant hotel on the horizon as indication that they had made it. While the two still didn’t seem to be on speaking terms, at least they felt relief that they could finally have a hot meal and some well-deserved rest. “Hurry up,” Seohyun commanded when she noticed Yonghwa was taking a little bit too long to unload their bags.

“Help would be nice…” he pointed out to her with anger lacing his voice.

“You didn’t say please,” she scoffed back.

Without even bothering to play her games, the exasperated man forcefully pulled the bags out of the trunk and avoided making eye contact with her. Even the trek through the parking lot seemed to last forever with the snow constantly bombarding their face along with the harsh mountain winds. Seohyun looked up towards the slopes and noticed that all of the lights were off. She figured that meant they wouldn’t even get to ski or snowboard like they planned. Somehow Seohyun found it in her to be more upset with Yonghwa after she realized that the trip would be for nothing.

“I’m going to head to the bathroom,” Seohyun stated unemotionally. “Go check in and I’ll meet you at the desk.” Yonghwa didn’t even acknowledge his girlfriend and continued his journey to the front desk. With a large sigh he put his bags down and talked to the friendly clerk about checking in.

As Yonghwa checked in, he caught the eyes of a petite girl waiting beside him at the desk. Upon further inspection, the girl realized who he was and let out a shriek of surprise that caught him off guard. “Sunbae?! Yonghwa sunbae is that you?” the girl asked in wonder. The startled man turned to the girl and smiled for the first time that day.

“Ji Eun! What are you doing here?” he chirped back at her. “Are you here with some of the hospital staff?”

“Yeah I’m here with the whole group from the class you were the lab assistant for all those years ago,” his former student replied.

Yonghwa looked behind her to see the group of troublemaking girls coming up towards the desk. Without a doubt it was the same group of four girls that were some of his most rabid fans when he was still a student a few years back. While he was still a little afraid of the girls for being so rabidly in love with him, he couldn’t help but smile a little when he saw his old students. “You guys haven’t changed a bit.”

Together Song Ji Eun, Han Sunhwa,  Jeon Hyosung, and Jung Hana managed to terrorize him for the entire two hour class period and somehow even managed to track him down even after the class was over. Out of all of them however, Ji Eun was definitely the most ‘dedicated’ if he could put it in the nicest word. “I heard about Min Young,” Ji Eun commented. “I feel bad for treating her kind of badly when we were all classmates.” All of the girls, not only the four in front of him, were quite jealous of Min Young due to her history and relationship with Yonghwa.

“That’s in the past guys,” Yonghwa pointed out in hopes to change the subject. “So what are you guys up to today? No doubt we’re going to be forced to stay in because of the blizzard.”

“Come with us sunbae! We can have dinner together then we can go to the spa afterwards.” The group of fangirls all managed to bring him into a group hug and whine cutely about how they wanted to hang out with him for the rest of the night. As much as he wanted to catch up with his old friends, he really had to get back to Seohyun and spend time with her. Due to their stressful work schedules, they barely got to see each other during the week.

Seohyun walked out of the bathroom with her frown still pasted onto her face. The effects of her stressful job were evident on every single square inch of her face. Tired, hungry, restless, and stressed out, she was not in the mood for any kind of inconvenience in her life. As she walked out back towards the front desk she caught sight of Yonghwa linked arm in arm with a petite younger looking girl. Her anger grew tenfold, causing her light steps to turn into more of a furious stomp. “I’ll be waiting in the restaurant,” Seohyun muttered towards Yonghwa as she walked past him.

“Seohyun ah!” Yonghwa called out behind her. She stopped when she heard her name being called out and she looked backwards. The clueless man made no effort to throw the girls off of him, causing her to get even more angry. “I’ll meet you in there once I put the bags upstairs alright?” Seohyun gave him a slight nod of acknowledgement before stomping away. “Guys this is Seohyun…” he began but was stopped when he realized Seohyun was storming away. “… my girlfriend.”

Ji Eun automatically pushed herself away from the young man almost as if he were suddenly repulsive. “She seems kind of angry,” Hyosung pointed out. Sunhwa and Hana made some distance away from Yonghwa as well, not wanting to incur the wrath of his angry girlfriend due to their proximity to him.

“Yeah I don’t think she likes it here,” Yonghwa observed. “I feel bad too since we were really looking forward to our days off.” The girls frowned a little when they heard Yonghwa’s dejected voice. At first Yonghwa was just as angry with Seohyun as she was with him. Now he was more sad than mad since he was looking forward to making the next few days special. “Hey I’ll catch up with you guys another time. I have to go put these bags away.”

“Annyeong sunbae!” the foursome called out when Yonghwa made his way to the elevator.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All the whipped boyfriend could do on the trek back towards the restaurant was sigh every step of the way. Not only had they wasted an entire day on the road, but now it seemed like they weren’t even going to get to enjoy the resort. The fact that he had all those girls crowding him earlier didn’t exactly make matters any easier to handle. When he caught sight of Seohyun sitting at the bar with a handsome young man, his temper of his own came out. He pulled Seohyun’s arm back to grab her attention, forcing a glare out of her in the process.

“What gives buddy?” he called out to the young man. “You too Seohyun.”

“What do you mean what gives? We’re just talking Yonghwa,” she spat back. “I’m sorry it’s a crime to talk to another man besides you.”

“I think I should go…” the startled man muttered. Seohyun threw Yonghwa’s grip off of her and gave him the most acidic glare she had ever given to anyone.

“Yeah you better run you …” Yonghwa muttered back towards the escaping man.

“You are so immature Yonghwa,” Seohyun said. “He was talking to me about investing in resorts like this since he was also in the same business as me. His girlfriend was coming to meet up with him in a few minutes and he just needed someone to talk to. I cannot believe you just did that.”

Yonghwa wanted to slap himself for what he had just done. He was on edge from how things were working out that night and he shouldn’t have let them get to that point. All he managed to do with his little jealousy stunt was make Seohyun even more angry than she already was. “I’m sorry. I just… I can’t make an excuse up for this.”

“You don’t have to because I’m leaving. Go have dinner with your ‘friends.’ I’m sure I won’t be missed.” She grabbed her purse and walked away from him without giving him another chance to apologize. Seohyun didn’t even give him a second glance before storming away from him, he didn’t deserve it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seohyun ate dinner alone in her room, leaving Yonghwa to fend for himself. No matter how much she tried to not be angry at him, she couldn’t find it in her to get over it. She never wanted to come to the resort in the first place and Yonghwa kept on managing to make her angrier. She normally wasn’t bratty, but she was too high strung from all the things going on in her life. She guessed Krystal’s brattyness was rubbing off on her. After dinner she decided she wasn’t going to sit in the room and run into Yonghwa again so she headed off to the hotel’s spa. Maybe after a few hours in the hot tub she would feel better.

As she thought, the steaming water began to relax her entire body upon contact. She could feel her stress melting away into the hot liquid with each second that passed by. She closed her eyes and drew in a few deep breaths to calm herself and let the stress escape her weary mind. “Omo! Annyeonghaseyo!” a delicate voice said. Seohyun opened her eyes and noticed that the girl that was latched onto Yonghwa was also in the hot tub with her.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Seohyun greeted back. While she wasn’t as angry as she was before, she wasn’t in the mood to speak with the younger girl.

“I’m Song Ji Eun. Yonghwa sunbaenim was my lab assistant a few years ago. I heard you were his girlfriend.” Seohyun nodded in response, still trying to avoid a conversation with the girl that was clearly interested in her boyfriend. “I’m sorry for being so forward with him earlier. I didn’t know he had a girlfriend. I hope you weren’t offended.”

“No offense taken.”

Ji Eun could clearly feel that Seohyun wasn’t in the mood to talk to her, but it was much too awkward to stay quiet and not say anything with the atmosphere the way it was. “I’ll be honest with you. I find Yonghwa sunbae very attractive.” Seohyun’s head perked up at the forwardness the girl was exhibiting. “I won’t lie and say that I didn’t try to come onto him a little tonight.” Seohyun’s irritation began to make a comeback. She was sure without a doubt that Yonghwa went along with Ji Eun’s flirting just as he had earlier that night. “You know though… he’s a really good boyfriend. All through dinner he wouldn’t stop talking about you.”

“He talked about me?” Seohyun asked.

“Yeah the entire time actually,” Ji Eun said. “He talked about how wonderful you were to him. It almost got boring to hear about it. He told us how considerate you were, how well you treated him, how you always had time for him no matter what.” Seohyun’s face dropped when she heard that Yonghwa only said nice things about her when she was thinking he would say the exact opposite. “He actually feels really bad about the way the trip is going. He said he was going to have a big surprise ready for you.”

“What kind of surprise?”

“I’m pretty sure it was some kind of huge event. He said he needed to go to the top of the slope later to ask the park rangers for help with it,” Ji Eun explained. “We tried to talk him out of it but he insisted that he needed to do it.”

Seohyun stood up quickly and hastily threw a towel over her body. “Is he going outside in the middle of this blizzard?!?” Without even letting Ji Eun respond to her question she ran off to search for him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Where are you Yonghwa?” she muttered to herself over and over. She desperately searched the places in the hotel he could be. Seohyun hadn’t even dried her hair off all the way which would definitely be trouble when she made her way outside to look for him. She searched the entire room but found no trace of him. Without second thought she threw on her thick winter jacket along with some pants in order to go out to the slopes and find him.

“Where are you going?” Yonghwa asked. He walked over to Seohyun and gave her a confused glance as to why she was all dressed up to go outside. Seohyun tackled him, knocking him over onto the couch forcefully. He had no idea what was going on so he slowly got up and helped Seohyun off of him. When he finally caught a glimpse of her face he noticed she was crying. “Yah what’s wrong?”

“I hate you!” she cried. “Pabo! Pabo!” As she cried she hit his chest forcefully with her small fists. Yonghwa felt like she was acting in that way because of the failed trip.

“I’m so sorry Seohyun. I’m really sorry this trip because of me,” he said.

“It’s not that. Ji Eun told me you were going outside to the top of the mountain in this blizzard. I thought you were going to die out there you idiot.”

“I was going to but the lady at the front desk wouldn’t let me go outside. I figured it was for the best anyways,” he said. “Are you crying because you were worried about me?”

“Of course I was! Why wouldn’t be worried about you? I love you, you idiot!”

For the first time since they had left Seoul, Yonghwa found himself smiling. It made him feel warm and fuzzy inside that Seohyun was worried enough to go out and look for him. He embraced her in a tight hug for a few seconds until she regained her composure. “Why couldn’t you be like this earlier you brat?”

“I’m sorry,” Seohyun said. “I shouldn’t have been so bratty earlier. I should have just enjoyed spending time with you. I don’t know what got into me. I guess I’ve just been really stressed out.”

Yonghwa smiled brightly at her and helped her take off her thick jacket. No doubt she would burn up inside the warm room with a thing like that on her. In a sudden burst of movement, he tackled her back onto the couch and held her arms down. “I think I’m going to have to punish you for being so bratty today. I think little Seohyun hasn’t learned her lesson still.”

Even without the thick jacket covering her she managed to burn up from the heat of her blushing face. She felt warmth not only there but in places she knew she shouldn’t be feeling it in. The way Yonghwa was overpowering her and straddling her body was incredibly y. Since he wasn’t usually the kind of guy that made the first move, it was even ier. Her eyes found it hard to meet his without feeling embarrassed or ashamed of how she felt. “Get off Yonghwa,” she said. “I’ll kill you if you don’t.”

“You don’t sound convincing,” Yonghwa replied. “How about you try to push me off? I’ll let you go if you can break free.” Seohyun tried to push him off while he was off guard but failed completely. If anything it made him hold her down even more forcefully. His hands gripped her wrists almost painfully, but she couldn’t find it in her to complain. “That was weak. I guess you don’t really want to escape after all.”

“Please…” she whispered. “Please…”

It was Yonghwa’s turn to feel shy and embarrassed. At first the adrenaline of him having her below him kept him sane. Now that he realized what he was doing, his cheeks grew red with warmth as well. His grip on her hands loosened and he brought one to cup her chin lightly. He could feel himself being drawn to her angelic face as if through some odd force of attraction. What he wanted to be a forceful and passionate kiss evolved into a soft and loving one.

“Choding,” she scoffed. “Your tough guy act needs work you know.” Yonghwa scratched the back of his head and flashed her a sheepish smile. She stared into his eyes deeply as if trying to read the thoughts forming inside of his head. “I’m really sorry about today Yonghwa. I know you were trying to make it special for me and I screwed up.”

“As long as you know,” he joked back. “I’m sorry for being angry earlier too. It wasn’t just you messing things up.”

Yonghwa pulled his girlfriend off of the couch and laid down on it himself. She glared at him slightly for taking her spot but he motioned for her to lie down next to him. Since the couch wasn’t wide enough for two adults to lie on it at once, she ended up laying her head on his chest. Seohyun was sure that even if they were to lie like that outside in the middle of the blizzard she would feel warm. His arms wrapped around her tightly, making her feel safe and most important of all, wanted. She felt like saying something, but she was sure nothing she said could describe the feeling of hearing his steady breathing or his heartbeat thumping in his chest.

“I love this,” she said after they lay there for a few minutes silently.

“You love this? Don’t you mean you love me?”

“Nah, I’m just using you for your warmth,” she joked. “I’m not so sure if I agree with me loving you.”

Yonghwa didn’t even have the capacity to reprimand the girl for the silly joke of hers. He didn’t want to disturb the serenity he felt alongside of her. It was times like those that he desperately wished would never go away. Times like those would be there to stay and they both knew that. All they could do was to sit back and enjoy the time they could spent like that together. “You know this is really weird.”

“What is?” she asked.

“We’re just laying here doing nothing, but I can’t think of anything else I would rather do in the world,” he said. “I just can’t understand why just laying here is so enjoyable.”

“You don’t think there’s anything else you would enjoy more?” Seohyun teased.

“You know what I mean you ert.” He tightened his grip on her, forcing her to snuggle up even closer to him. Seohyun took in a deep breath and reveled in the warmth of his body some more. After a few more minutes of being like that, Yonghwa stood up abruptly. “This won’t do. I will be right back.”

Ten minutes went by before Yonghwa stormed back into the room out of breath with two cupcakes in his hands. Seohyun was confused at the pastries in his hand but refrained from asking anything until she saw him put a candle in each of them. “What are you doing?” she asked. “It’s not anyone’s birthday today.” She glanced over at the clock and noticed that it was almost midnight. She figured it was probably something to do with Christmas but she was still confused.

“I was going to do this today with a big event but I guess I didn’t expect it to snow this hard,” he began. Yonghwa walked over to his one of his bags and pulled out a thin wrapped object. The red wrapping paper shone in the light along with the gold Christmas bow that was placed on top of it. Seohyun held out her hands to receive the object with anticipation. “I was going to wait until I could actually do the event but I don’t think I can.”

Seohyun slowly unwrapped the paper and saw that it was a large yellow envelope. Still confused as to what the strange object could be, she opened the envelope with curiosity. Inside was a glossy piece of paper or perhaps plastic. She would have estimated the picture or whatever it was inside was almost half a meter by half a meter in area. She finally reached in and pulled out a piece of plastic that was tinted blue and black. Not knowing what the strange thing was, she held it to the light and realized it was an X-ray.

“What the heck is this Yonghwa?” she asked. Confusion was the only thing that could describe the lost look on Seohyun’s face when she saw Yonghwa down on one knee holding up a tiny velvet box containing a lustrous object inside. “What’s going on here?”

“Well remember how you said you would only marry me after I grew a spine? We’ll there’s proof that I have one.”

Seohyun couldn’t help but cackle hysterically when she heard his explanation. She held up the X-ray to the light once more and made out the outline of his spine in the middle of the picture. No doubt the X-ray was taken when he was in the hospital after Hyuna’s attack. “Yonghwa…” she managed to breathe out between laughs. “I didn’t actually literally want you to prove that you had a spine you pabo!”

“I know, but I just though you should see it one time just to make sure.”

His childish antics drew away from the surprise that she should have felt when she saw him on one knee. After realizing what exactly was going on, her face went blank. Jung Yonghwa was proposing to her. Sure his spine joke was hilarious, but she couldn’t fathom the fact that he was down on his knees and about to ask for her hand in marriage. “Yonghwa is this what I think it is?”

“Seo Joohyun, it’s Christmas already.” She glanced over at the clock and noticed that indeed it was 12:01am indicating that it was the day in which gifts were exchanged among friends and family. “I don’t want much for Christmas except for one thing from you. If you were planning on giving me any gifts, you can keep them since I know they won’t be as good as the present I’m about to ask you for.”

“Yonghwa…”

“Seohyun, you’re the love of my life,” he began. Seohyun’s eyes filled with hot tears at his love-filled confession. “I think I’m going to have to be selfish and ask you for a really big present from you. Do you think you can give it to me?”

“It depends,” she managed to sniffle out. “What is it?”

“Hyun, would you be mine? Forever? Would you be willing to be my Christmas present that I can look forward to opening up every morning with a smile?”

Once again Seohyun’s entire body became covered in goosebumps at his cheesiness. The tears in her eyes cascaded down her face and sobs wracked her entire body. Yonghwa’s face fell at the sight of her sobbing so hard in fear that she was upset and not happy with his proposal. “ I ed up didn’t I? Ugh I knew I should have waited until I could do the event!”

“No! No! I’m crying because I’m happy,” she explained. “I’m just really emotional Yonghwa I’m sorry.”

“Soooo… does that mean..?”

“Yes Yonghwa! Of course I will marry you. I wouldn’t want it any other way,” she replied. Yonghwa’s smile formed back onto his face as he screamed and ran around the room in a cheerful manner. Seohyun laughed at the choding running around the room like he was a child that got the game console that he asked Santa to give him for Christmas. In a way, that was almost true. At the end of the day Jung Yonghwa was a child that got a present he had been wanting for Christmas for over 20 years.

“Oh my god! Seohyun ah!” he yelled once more. The gleeful kid ran up to his soon-to-be wife, picked her up, and spun her around in celebration. “I love you so much. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” He planted kisses on her lips in between each thank you as he continued to spin around in circles.

“Not so fast Yonghwa. There’s one condition,” she said, knocking him out of his reverie. “You sure you can meet it?”

“Yeah! Anything! I’ll do anything!”

“You have to be my Christmas present for the rest of your life,” she replied with an evil chuckle. “You sure you can do that for me?”

“I thought you wouldn’t ever ask,” Yonghwa said with a smile.

Yonghwa carried his new fiancée and set her gently on the bed. He grabbed the two cupcakes on the table in the kitchen and brought them over so he and his partner could share their sweet moment by adding a little bit more sweetness to it. “How were you going to do an event out of this thing?” Seohyun asked while pointing to the X-ray. “I have to admit, it was pretty clever of you to remember what I said to you during Eunjung’s wedding.”

“I was going to have the people in charge of the resort project it on the big screen and I would have some fireworks and what not. I had it all planned out but it didn’t work out too well,” he said with a sheepish grin. Seohyun was glad that it hadn’t worked out. Events like that are much too burdensome and she preferred the way he proposed to her much more than any huge event.

“You are an idiot. Events aren’t a good idea. Maybe other girls like you spending money on them but I prefer the fact that you thought of me rather than the event itself,” she explained. Yonghwa took note of that for future reference. When it came to women he was very inexperienced so he would need all the help he could get when it came to things of that nature.

“You have some frosting on your lip,” Yonghwa pointed out.

Her tongue s out and liked her lips in a circular motion but failed to clean off the sweet substance. Just as she was about to reach for her lips with her hand, Yonghwa caught it and used his lips to clean it off instead. Seohyun, realizing just what he was doing forced her lips harder onto his catching him off guard. The sweetness of the chocolate icing was no match for the sweetness they conveyed to each other through the display of affection. When they pulled back Seohyun noticed that Yonghwa once again had a faint blush along with the shiest smile on his face.

“You didn’t meet the other condition by the way,” Seohyun teased.

“What condition?” Yonghwa asked.

“Remember I said there were two conditions for me to marry you. You needed to grow a spine and a pair of balls,” she stated simply. Yonghwa laughed at her response but Seohyun seemed to be serious. “So I know you have a spine but seeing how you’re blushing and acting like a shy little girl, you obviously haven’t grown a pair of balls yet.”

Without any warning Yonghwa forcibly pushed her back onto the bed and straddled her once more. “Careful what you wish for,” he whispered into her ear huskily. “You just might get it.” Seohyun let a devious smile form onto her face. She wanted to test his limits so she played along with his game. She was sure she could get him to crack and act like the child he was.

His hands wandered across her body confidently. Usually Yonghwa would hesitate to make any move on her, but this time she could feel he had more than enough courage to play along with her game. Their breaths grew shallower with each second. Her skin grew hot in the places he kissed her in. Trails of goose bumps formed as he moved his lips from to her neck then to her collarbone. “Okay Yonghwa I think you’ve made your point,” she mumbled. “You can stop now.”

“Who said you had any say in this?” Yonghwa asked. “You’re going to stay quiet and let me show you what you wanted me to show you.”

The threatening and dominating tone of voice he was using on her had her melting into the sheets. They were intimate before, but never had Yonghwa been so upfront and manly. While they had never gone all the way together, she was never opposed to it. If Yonghwa continued his manly assault on her body, she knew she wouldn’t be able to resist him.

“You know it’s if I don’t consent,” she pointed out to him. “I’ll scream if you don’t stop.”

“You can’t the willing Seohyun,” he shot back.

“You’re a creep,” she breathed out while he ran his hands along her hips sensually. “I said I will scream.”

“I know you’re going to scream. That’s the plan.”

 

 

 

Author’s note: So I feel like that could have used a little more Yongseo action but hey, that’s as good as it’s going to get with me. I at writing cute so I think I can’t give you guys more than that. I still have one more epilogue chapter left so I’ll try my luck at it one more time. I hope you guys don’t mind I threw in a little bit of dirty action at the end. I tried to keep it PG -13 sadly. If it were up to me I would have wrote much worse haha. I think I wrote it in kind of a rush so sorry if it seems that way. 

See you guys in the next (and final) chapter!