Ultimatum

You Belong With Me

Chapter 14 – Ultimatum

 

(Those that read my note from before that said chapter 14 had good stuff in it might be disappointed that I moved that stuff to chapter 15. ALSO Please read the last part of the author's note carefully for some information that I think is quite important.)

 

Days slowly went by for everyone as they waited for the fateful day when two souls would become forever bound to each other. Seohyun and Joon had set the date September, a date that was much too quick for most couples. Many people would be engaged for many months or even years. However they only had a few months until they were together forever. For some it was a blessing. For others it was a curse.

Everyone, however, was happy. Two really good friends of the high school group were to be wed pretty soon. It was a happy occasion. As much as he wanted to shout out to the four winds that he loved Seohyun, Yonghwa was happy also. Joon and Seohyun were two people that were almost like family. His loyalty came before his love for her. Hyuna was also happy alongside Yonghwa. Her goal of getting him to fall for her had been accomplished and she spent genuinely happy moments with him.

Even Eun Jung and Jang Woo had to admit that Yonghwa dating Hyuna had helped him out a little. Even if they knew he was only doing it out of despair and rejection, he seemed to be trying his hardest. Sincere smiles would show up on his face every now and then. The WooJung couple knew that he desperately needed those smiles to help him through the pain of having the woman he loves getting married before his eyes.

However, nobody knew what was happening in the shadows or when someone wasn’t looking. Hyuna had taken the position of Joon’s secretary in order to ‘repay’ him but it was turning into more than that. Joon realized it was a dangerous game he was playing, but he was hooked. The adrenaline rush he got from imagining what would happen if he got caught made it an even more fun game to play. What he wasn’t getting from Seohyun, he was getting from Hyuna. Every time he thought about how it wasn’t fair to Seohyun or Yonghwa that he was doing this, he would forget about it when he remembered his passionate nights with Hyuna.

“You’re awfully pensive today,” purred Hyuna while wrapping her arms around his neck. Joon looked up from the stack of messy pages and looked up at the girl that was now his secretary. Thoughts of his marriage to Seohyun were invading his mind but quickly disappeared when he met Hyuna’s seductive gaze.

“How do you do that?” Joon asked, catching Hyuna off guard.

“Do what?”

“How is it that you look like you’re trying to seduce me even when you’re just going about your daily life?” Joon asked her in response. Hyuna had to admit that she hadn’t seen that one coming and she blushed slightly.

Hyuna shooed away the blush and brought her face near his to give him a light peck on the lips. Joon eagerly accepted the kiss and tried to deepen it. As soon as he felt the silky pair of lips on his own, his mouth naturally opened up for her. Hyuna shook her head and once again put a finger up to his lips as if it were her trademark motion.

“I’m not doing anything Joon. You see? You just tried to turn a tiny peck into a passionate make out session,” Hyuna pointed out. Joon backed off from her when he realized he was acting like a hungry beast out in the jungle that needed to be fed.

“I-I’m sorry,” Joon apologized shyly. “It’s just that I really can’t get enough of you. Just being near you… just smelling that light fragrance you give off drives me crazy.” Hyuna swore she could see Joon’s eyes roll into the back of his head as if he were getting pleasure from just speaking about it.

“That kind of makes me feel bad Joon,” she confessed. Hyuna knew she was promiscuous, but even she had some sort of pride. The way Joon was seeing her it seemed like he only wanted her around for her body, but she needed more. Since she had been deprived of attention during her childhood, she desperately strived to earn it from everyone.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you upset,” Joon apologized once more even though he didn’t know what Hyuna was talking about.

“It’s alright, I know you didn’t mean to,” she replied with a genuinely disappointed tone. “It’s just that… I don’t want to be seen as just a to you. Don’t you feel anything for me?”

The question struck Joon across the face unexpectedly. Sure he felt lust and desire for her, but he hadn’t thought about it beyond that. He thought Hyuna liked Yonghwa. No, he was positive that she liked him. Joon knew the way Hyuna looked at him was so much different from the way she looked at Yonghwa. The look she gave Yonghwa was calm, serene, and shy. She was almost as docile as Seohyun when she had that look in her eyes.

With him, the look was ferocious, hungry, and passionate. To him it felt like he was only used for his body. When he finally got his thoughts together, he felt jealousy burning inside of him. Joon hadn’t felt it before since he had really only thought of Hyuna as a way to pass the time, but his feelings were changing. Once again Yonghwa had taken something away from him. Seohyun always defended the aspiring doctor, even if she had to go against her own fiancé. Yonghwa also possessed the ability to make Hyuna feel genuine love for him.

“Why do you ask me that?” Joon inquired. All the signs pointed to Hyuna liking Yonghwa. There was no reason for her to ask that question.

“Because… because I kind of wanted to be something else to you. Forget about it Joon.” Hyuna began to walk away to her desk but was quickly stopped by Joon’s grip. Hyuna gave herself an inward smile as Joon fell for the bait. Her face went back to its distressed state before she turned back to look at him.

“You are something to me Hyuna,” Joon confessed. It had taken a few weeks for him to realize it, but he was beginning to have feelings for the girl he had been sleeping with. Seohyun was going to be his wife, but even then, he didn’t love her as much as he used to. Now when he thought of the word love, Hyuna was there.

Hyuna took a slight step back when she heard his confession. She knew he would apologize. That much had been expected. However, she didn’t think he would be confessing any sort of feelings for her. If he was telling the truth, it would change things drastically. She would be playing with fire since their friends would definitely begin to suspect things if Joon fell in love with her.

“Like what?” Hyuna asked. “Like lust? You just feel desire for me Joon.”

Hyuna couldn’t stop herself from saying that. In all honesty, she didn’t want Joon to be in love with her. It was her vulnerable, needy, inner self that was causing her to say these things. She needed to validate Joon’s feelings. This was a huge problem and she recognized it. Hyuna knew her childhood had screwed her up, but she didn’t know it was to this extent.

“No I don’t just feel like that towards you,” he began to explain. Joon stood up and walked over to her slowly while speaking. “I think I’m starting to like you Hyuna. You are there when I need you to be and you understand my needs.”

Hyuna knew she was supposed to be angry at him for having feelings for her. She knew that their relationship was only for the and money so she had to stop this. Once again her needy personality came out and she allowed Joon to hug her.

“You like me? Joon, this better not be a joke. We both know that we were just supposed to be friends with benefits.” Joon’s face flashed an angry look for a second as he felt offended that she only thought of them as such. “We can’t have feelings for each other. I like Yonghwa, you know this.”

“No, you’re just confused!” Joon exclaimed. “I’ve spent so many nights with you because you needed someone to give your body what it wanted! You were under me for entire nights but you’ve never done that with him!”

A slap echoed through the large office leaving both people in the room stunned. Joon reached up to rub his now sore cheek and gave Hyuna a deadly glare. “You better stop this right now Joon…” Hyuna growled. Even though she knew she was a girl without morals, she had some sort of pride. “Don’t talk so casually about how I’ve slept with you. Am I a cheap off the street to you? You knew what you were getting into when we started this.”

“I know I did!” Joon cried out in desperation. He brushed past Hyuna and began to pace back and forth in the middle of the room. It seemed like he usually did that when he was frustrated or worried. “I wasn’t supposed to fall for you but I did.”

“You have an engagement ceremony in a few days. You’re marrying Seohyun remember?” Hyuna pointed out. “You can’t be doing these kinds of things. Joon, think about what you’re doing.”

“Hyuna I know what I’m doing,” he responded while walking back over to her. Hyuna felt herself in his embrace from behind and let her body melt into his. For the first time since they had been together, she felt like Joon was a little more than just someone she could look for to have fun with. She felt his warmth and his protection. “I think I’m falling for you.”

“Would you leave Seohyun for me?”

“I would give up all my fortune for you. I don’t care if everyone hates me. I’d marry you instead of her.” Hyuna’s greed and ambition began to get the best of her. Joon was as serious as he had ever been and she knew it. If she married him, she would get the life she believed she deserved. Nobody would ever dare make fun of her for being poor ever again. The world would be hers for the taking.

“Joon, I think we should end this,” she lied. Now that she knew what Joon felt, she had to play it safe. Hyuna knew she had to keep him in check so he would want her even more. She didn’t really want to end it, but she had to stop seeing him in order for her plan to work.

“No, Hyuna we can’t end this,” Joon begged. “You know what I feel. I know what you feel. Nothing will come between us.”

“Sorry Joon, I need some time to think.” Hyuna walked out of the office and ran to the elevator as fast as she could in her heels. Joon was surely going to chase after her so she had to run away. Even she didn’t know what she was doing at the moment. She knew that she really did like Yonghwa. However, Joon’s offer to leave Seohyun and marry Hyuna was something that had really shaken the seductive woman up.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Over the past weeks, Seohyun and Yonghwa had begun to make up for all the lost time they hadn’t spent together over the past four years. Just as Hyuna and Joon had gotten closer, so had they. Yonghwa kept his feelings in check since he knew that it was over between them. No matter how much he wanted to confess to her, he had to stop himself. After all, she was officially taken and it seemed nothing would change that.

“Yah! Come back here Jung Yonghwa!” Seohyun exclaimed while chasing after the laughing young man. Yonghwa continued to run away from her carrying her purse in her hands. He had run up from behind her and took the purse as if she were a thief in order to see what she would do. It was probably the worst idea for a prank, but it had gotten her riled up.

He finally decided it would be a good idea to let her stop running since she her body wasn’t used to it. “You should have seen the look on your face when I first took your bag,” Yonghwa teased while trying to catch his breath.

“You’re an idiot!” she yelled while throwing weak punches at him. “Yonghwa, you’re lucky I figured out it was you right away or else something bad could have happened.” Yonghwa sat on the bench and continued to laugh even though he was out of breath. Seohyun’s fake angry tone died down and she allowed herself to join in on his laughter.

“Yeah well, you should hold your purse tighter.”

The two friends finally caught their breath and allowed themselves to sit and enjoy the late summer weather. It was now mid-August which left a little under a month for Joon and Seohyun to be married. They would be having a last minute engagement party in a few days to allow all their friends to be united one last time and remember all that they’ve been through. Even though Seohyun was happy she was getting married, a wave of sadness washed over her.

“Is it weird that I feel a little sad that I’m getting married?” she asked. Yonghwa broke out of his daydreaming and looked over at her as if she had three heads.

“Why would you be sad? Shouldn’t you be happy?”

“Yeah, I’m happy. I’m actually really glad that I’m finally going to get married,” Seohyun confessed with a smile. Yonghwa could tell that smile hid a bit of sadness behind it. Even so, he knew she was genuinely and sincerely happy she was going to be a bride soon. “I just don’t want the group to be split up.”

“We’re still going to be together Seohyun,” Yonghwa pointed out.

“Yeah but it won’t be the same. Imagine if we all get married to our boyfriends and girlfriends. We will all have to spend more time with our spouses and we won’t have time for each other,” Seohyun realized. Yonghwa had to agree with her. Even though they were all like family to each other, they would have to spend more time with their partners than their friends.

“Well, we will just have to make time for each other,” Yonghwa confidently replied. “It doesn’t have to be like that if we don’t want to.” Seohyun felt empowered by his words for some reason. That’s why he was her best friend. He knew just what to say when she was feeling down.

Seohyun nodded at him and began to think about all the times that he had cheered her up. Every time she had been sick as a child he had been there to try to make her feel better. Even though Yonghwa knew he couldn’t heal her physically, he knew he could heal the mental and emotional scars. While all the other kids were out playing happily, Yonghwa would stay in her room and play with her instead.

“You know that I’m going to miss you the most?” Seohyun confessed in a bittersweet voice. “I’ll really miss having talks like this with you.” Yonghwa coughed awkwardly and only nodded in her direction. He was caught off guard by her sudden confession but he tried his hardest not to show it. “You know I’m a little jealous lately.”

“Of what?”

“Of you and Hyuna. It feels like we are separating more because we’re both in relationships with other people.” Yonghwa looked down at the floor and tried his hardest to avoid Seohyun’s eyes. They were best friends after all. “Still, I’m a little jealous of you two.”

“Why? You’re getting married to the guy you’ve loved since you were 14.”

Seohyun smiled at him and began to laugh at how weird she sounded. In reality, she was actually not just a little jealous. It was more than that. She knew she didn’t have the right to be jealous, but it didn’t stop her. Eun Jung’s talks with her really shook her up and it was starting to annoy her.

“I feel like I’ve just had something stolen from me,” she admitted. Yonghwa looked at her expectantly and allowed her to speak without interruption. Silence ensued, leaving the summer breeze as the only sound in the now empty courtyard. “I see how hard you try for her and I wonder if that’s how you were with me.”

“What do you mean?” Yonghwa finally spoke up.

Seohyun sighed and felt a little embarrassed at the words that were coming out of . Never in her life would she have imagined that she would be talking to Yonghwa as if she liked him. “When you try so hard to make Hyuna happy, I realized that’s what it looks like to others. I realized that you were like that with me. I thought back on everything that’s happened in our lives and I remembered that you’ve tried so hard for me.”

“An-ani… I just did what any friend would.”

“Even friends don’t go that far Yonghwa.. You sacrificed so much for me and I can’t ever pay you back for it,” Seohyun explained. Yonghwa felt uncomfortable once more and his mind began to think of ways to get out of the situation. “Hyuna’s really lucky to have you as a boyfriend.” Yonghwa couldn’t believe his ears when he heard her say that. It almost sounded like she was sad that he and Hyuna were now a couple. It had to be just wishful thinking so he quickly dispelled the thoughts.

“I don’t know what to say.”

“You don’t have to say anything Yonghwa. I’m just glad we’re still friends after all this time,” Seohyun declared. Thoughts kept flying through Yonghwa’s head, but he couldn’t form a solid plan. He had to get away or else he would screw things up. Over the past few weeks he hadn’t made any mistakes like when he almost kissed her, but he was afraid of doing that now.

“Seohyun I have to-”

Seohyun cut him off by giving him a tight hug without warning. The hug was different from any other hung Yonghwa had received from her. It felt more desperate. Her arms wrapped around him as if asking him to protect her. “If I had liked you in the beginning would I still feel like this?”

“Eh? What are you saying Seohyun?”

Yonghwa tried to break out of the hug. He had to get away or he was going to mess up again. They were in public even if there was nobody around. If someone saw them and told Joon or Hyuna, things would get messy. “Would I still feel a little sad to get married if I was marrying you? Would I have doubts about it if it was Jung Yonghwa I was engaged to?”

With those words, Yonghwa found the strength to pull Seohyun away from him and look into her eyes. “You’re having doubts?” he asked in a worried voice. “You can’t go into it with doubts. This will be something that will determine your life. What’s wrong?”

“I… I don’t know Yonghwa,” she frustratedly professed. “Joon has been weird lately. I’ve had strange feelings too.” Seohyun blushed lightly when she remembered those feelings were for the man in front of her. “Joon hasn’t been the same since he proposed to me. I thought it was because he was having doubts too, but when I confronted him about it, he said he was okay.”

“What do you mean he is being weird?”

“Well I’m really excited to go shopping and stuff for our big day,” Seohyun confessed. “I remember in the beginning he promised we would go out and choose the house, the furniture, the things we would put in our house… but now he’s always too busy with work.” Seohyun’s face was covered in a look of pure depression that broke Yonghwa’s heart. He knew it was very important to her to go shopping with her future husband for their future newlywed home. Joon would have to be heartless to do that to her. “I don’t know… I’m just really sad that he hasn’t even been saying ‘I love you’ or doing his usual stupid little jokes with me.”

Yonghwa could only sit there and listen to her explanations without words. He had no idea that the engaged couple was having problems. They seemed like they were good to go on the marriage but now he knew that wasn’t so. “I’m sure it’s because he’s nervous. I know Joon really likes you. If he makes you sad again just tell me and I’ll give him a good beating.”

Seohyun giggled a little and nodded happily at him. Yonghwa hadn’t really said much, but it had been enough to get her out of her despair. Now even more so she felt the weird feelings rise up inside of her. It was her turn to feel like she had to get out of the conversation in fear that she would screw something up.

“I have to go now Yonghwa,” she lied while getting off the bench. “I’ll se-see you later.” Yonghwa didn’t know why she was stuttering but he let the thought go as soon as it came to him. He didn’t even get to say goodbye before she sped off into the distance.

“Jashik…” he whispered to himself while heading back to the lab to pick up a few things he had left there. On the way there he remembered the way that Seohyun had hugged him back in the courtyard. It brought a smile to his face to think that she considered him such a good friend. Although, he thought that she had to be either really stupid or oblivious to not have seen how he truly felt. His hands searched his pockets for his phone before furiously typing away at his touch screen.

 

I have a surprise for your engagement party. You have to help me out with it though. – Yonghwa

 

“Hey there!” a male voice spoke up from behind him. Yonghwa looked up from his phone and turned to meet the man that Seohyun had just been speaking about. “How have you been buddy?”

“Hey Joon,” Yonghwa greeted happily. “I’ve been pretty good. I haven’t seen you in a while. What have you been up to? If you’re looking for Seohyun she just left."

Joon felt a pang of guilt enter his mind but he quickly shook it away. He couldn’t tell Yonghwa he had been hanging out with his girlfriend Hyuna. “I’ve been really busy with work,” Joon lied. Yonghwa walked over to him and gave him a friendly pat on the back, making Joon feel even guiltier for what he was doing.

“Seohyun came to talk to me today,” Yonghwa began in a serious voice. “She’s a little sad that you aren’t paying enough attention to her.” Joon knew exactly what Yonghwa was talking about. He had been neglecting Seohyun and he blamed it all on ‘work’ when he gave his reasons.

“Y-yeah I know she talked to me about it too,” Joon admitted. For some reason, the guilt he felt in his heart was growing larger and larger the more time he spent with Yonghwa. “I’m not trying to hurt her. I just have been really busy.”

“I know you have,” Yonghwa shot back. “I know you wouldn’t hurt her on purpose.” Joon choked on his saliva at Yonghwa’s last sentence and gave him a weak smile. Yonghwa really did know how to make a guy feel guilty. Then again, Yonghwa was always like that with Joon. He was always the voice of reason in the group and everyone looked up to him when it came to solving problems.

“I’ll talk to her,” Joon answered in a whisper.

“I’m glad you’re the one marrying her,” Yonghwa admitted. Even if Joon was his rival, Yonghwa didn’t have the guts to hate him. The words that were coming out of his mouth were sincere and Joon could tell. “I would have hated it some other jerk had gotten her heart and took her away from us.” Every word that Yonghwa spoke was a dagger to Joon’s conscience.

“Nah… I’m not that great…” Joon denied.

“Now if only I could be like that with Hyuna,” Yonghwa joked. Yonghwa was lying to himself a little bit, but that was okay with him. He knew he didn’t really like Hyuna but he had to keep up that front. The girl still annoyed him, but she wasn’t as bad as he originally thought. Everyone knew Yonghwa was trying his hardest for her, including Joon. Before Yonghwa could open his mouth again, Joon decided it was time to let him go. The more he listened to his friend, the more the guilt would grow.

“Hey… I have to get back to the office soon so I should go find Seohyun,” Joon spoke up. “I’ll see you at the engagement ceremony on Saturday alright?” Yonghwa nodded and let Joon go off in the direction Seohyun had gone.

Air began to flow through his lungs once more once he got away from Yonghwa. The words his best friend spoke felt as if someone were punching him in the stomach, each punch pushing the air out of him. When he was with Hyuna, he didn’t give a rat’s about how Seohyun or Yonghwa felt. Now that he was alone, he knew he was making a big mistake. Hyuna wasn’t marriage material. If he ditched Seohyun now, the entire world would go against him.

“What the hell are you doing Lee Joon?” he asked himself in frustration.

Seohyun didn’t deserve what he was doing. Yonghwa didn’t either. It hurt him to think that he was betraying two of his friends at the same time all because he couldn’t keep his pants on around Hyuna. As much as he wanted to keep Hyuna for himself, he had to let her go. What he was doing was wrong and he knew it would come back to bite him in the sooner or later.

 

Seohyun, I’ll be at my apartment later if you want to meet up. I’m sorry but I have a last minute meeting to attend to so I can’t meet you now. Come over at 5:00pm. I promise this will be the last time I do this. – Joon.

 

Joon felt horrible for lying to Seohyun again, but he was setting things right again. Hyuna was playing with him from the beginning and he had fallen right into her game. Now he would change things and shut down her little source of entertainment.

 

Hyuna, come over to my apartment right now. We have to talk about what happened today – Joon

Alright, I’ll see you there in a few minutes. – Hyuna

 

Joon quickly put his phone back into his back pocket and ran back to his car. Things had gotten out of hand and they were starting to get to the point where there would be no going back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joon got to his apartment as quick as he could and was met with a surprise when he got to his door. “Hey there handsome,” Hyuna greeted. “What did you need to talk about that was so important?” Joon frowned at her and avoided her gaze. It was those eyes of hers that always got him. If he avoided them, he was safe.

The flustered man brushed past her and typed in the code to his door. Hyuna walked in and plopped down on the luxurious couch that she had spent more than one steamy, summer night with Joon. “We have to stop. You were right. I can’t like you. I’m going to marry Seohyun and this isn’t fair.”

Hyuna’s eyes shot open and her arrogant attitude became a panicked one. Her game was backfiring. She thought Joon was going to be so desperate to have her back. She was only trying to play a little game of ‘mildang’ with her. All she wanted was a little bit of push and pull. There was no way that Joon was actually thinking of breaking off their relationship. For once, Kim Hyuna was the mouse in the corner while the cat slowly crept up to swallow her up.

“You were right. This is only going to screw us up. We can’t do this anymore.”

“Are you serious Joon?” Hyuna began to laugh. It was all a front. She was trying her hardest to not break down and cry. She was so close. Joon was entranced enough by her to give her all his fortune. Why had he changed his mind?

“Yeah, I’m dead serious,” he replied in a somber voice. “This wasn’t ever supposed to happen. Hyuna, you’re my best friend’s girlfriend. I’m your best friend’s fiancé. What the hell are we doing?”

Hyuna shifted uncomfortably on the black velvet couch and tried her hardest to keep herself from running out of the apartment. Her hands ran across the soft and fuzzy surface of the expensive couch while she thought of a plan. ran dry and her breaths became ragged. Nothing came to her mind even though she was trying so hard to think.

“No! Joon, I was kidding about that! I like you too,” she lied. “Yonghwa means nothing to me!” For the first time in her life, Hyuna felt genuine pain in her heart for a man. It hurt like crazy for her to deny that she liked Yonghwa. She knew at that point that she was probably in love with the guy. However, greed was a cruel and relentless master. She couldn’t lose Joon or else her life wouldn’t ever change.

“Hyuna I…”

“NO! You love me Joon! I know you do,” Hyuna desperately cried. She stood up and quickly gave him a desperate hug. “Your body and heart are both mine. I know you feel the same way I do.” Joon felt his head spin in confusion. He didn’t know what it was he felt. Hyuna was stuck in his heart, but his loyalty for Seohyun and Yonghwa also came up.

“I… I like you but I can’t do this to my friends,” Joon confessed with tears in his eyes. The situation had escalated to a point where everything was ruined. He didn’t want to let go of Hyuna. He couldn’t let her go. “Please can we stop this?”

“Never,” Hyuna growled. Without thinking, she placed her hands in his hair and roughly kissed him. She felt him struggle, but she wouldn’t allow it. Her hands roamed to his shirt and she ripped it open. The noise of buttons clinking on the tile floor told her she had used an excessive amount of force. Joon was trying his hardest to fight her, but he couldn’t win. A girl that was probably at most a little over half his weight was overpowering him even though he could take on guys twice his size.

The desperate girl ran her hands across his toned chest sensually, sending shivers down his spine. All reason faded from his mind and was replaced with the need to have her body once more. He began to tear off her clothes so he could have his hands all over her lightly tanned skin. Once he heard her fiddling with his belt, he knew it was game over. The second Hyuna ed his pants, there was no way he would be able to get away. His body wouldn’t allow it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You’re going to give Seohyun up aren’t you?” Hyuna asked while lightly Joon’s cheek as they lay in his bed. “There’s no way you can make love to me like that and still think you can marry her.” Joon hated himself for what he had done, but Hyuna was right. Even if it broke Seohyun’s heart, he had to leave her. It wasn’t fair for him to do that to her.

“I don’t know Hyuna. I really, really can’t do that. I can’t break that girl’s heart,” Joon confessed. Seohyun had been by his side since he could remember. “Even if I have to lie to her, I just can’t hurt her. She doesn’t deserve that.”

“Fine, you better not come back running to me you ,” Hyuna angrily yelled while getting up to get dressed. “I don’t give a if you think you’ll be hurting her or not, you have to ditch her. That little girl needs to open her eyes and realize that she’s not woman enough for you. Joon, you better get your act together. If you don’t make up your mind, you won’t get either of us.”

Joon tried to open his mouth to respond to her but he had nothing to say. Hyuna was right. If he didn’t fix everything fast, he was going to screw his whole life up. Hyuna heard the sheets rustle as Joon stood up to get dressed as well. She was expecting him to beg her to stay but she was disappointed when he didn’t. After a quick glance at the clock, Joon’s eyes shot open in surprise. “!”

“What?” Hyuna asked in a disinterested voice.

“Seohyun is going to be here in a minute or two.” As much as Hyuna didn’t care if they hurt Seohyun, she couldn’t find out now. It wasn’t the right time for the cat to come out of the bag. “She’s going to see you if you come out of the apartment now.”

“We will think of something. We have a few minutes don’t…” Hyuna trailed off before being cut off by the sounds of Joon’s key code being typed in. A little beep told them Seohyun had come into the apartment. The traitorous couple quickly gathered their things and ran into the office Joon had in his home.

“Joon! Where are you!?” Seohyun yelled. The girl walked towards the office and heard a loud crash as well as the yelp of two distinct voices. “Oh my god what happened?”

Seohyun walked into the office to see that a bookshelf was on top of Hyuna while Joon was trying his hardest to save her from being crushed. Hyuna actually suggested to knock it over onto her to distract Seohyun. It would also explain why their clothes and hair were so messy. Joon admitted Hyuna was very crafty with the way she thought up of such a lie so quickly.

“She came over to get me to sign some urgent papers for work and I told her they were in the bookshelf. She couldn’t reach it so the idiot climbed on and fell,” Joon lied. Hyuna gave him a reassuring glance and Joon returned the look.

Seohyun helped Joon lift up the bookshelf and checked to see if Hyuna was hurt. She had a few cuts and scrapes on her legs and arms, but it wasn’t anything serious. Joon breathed a sigh of relief as they had been so close to being caught. “Wait here; I’ll go get something to put on those scratches.” Seohyun left for the bathroom, leaving Hyuna and Joon in the office.

“You’re quick on your feet. I can’t believe you’d actually knock that shelf onto yourself…” Joon spoke in disbelief.

“That’s how serious I am about this. We’re not done Joon. You know what you have to do.”

 

 


Author’s Note: I’m sorry if any of you didn’t want to read that last little scene with Joon and Hyuna when things got steamy. I didn’t think it was enough to rate the chapter as a rated one. If anyone feels like it was too much sorry. So wow, we are getting quite the big amount of drama here aren’t we? I’m sure everyone hates Hyuna right now. I’m also sure that anyone that thought she was okay in the beginning thinks otherwise now.

Also, a quick note on her behavior. She does like Yonghwa. She only wants Joon for his money. When she gets mad that Joon doesn’t want to keep it going, she gets needy and she wants him because she needs care from people. That’s why she is like she is, because her childhood with the absence of her parents screwed her up. I think what I'm trying to say here is that Hyuna is a crazy that doesn't want to give either guy up.

 

One final bit of info. I know a lot of people will probably be frustrated by this point with the direction the story is going in. It’s probably annoying with the way things are just going back and forth with no clear resolution. It’s going to be like that sadly until the part where they get together which isn’t until at least chapter 21-22. However, I will be fixing things as it gets to that point. While they might not be together for real, it will be worth the read I hope. I truly apologize to anyone who just wants it to be over. I really just can’t write like that. I think getting to that part of the story can’t happen too fast or else there’s no point. I had the story planned out in my notebook for months. I can’t change it now. Besides everything up to chapter 21 is already written out. It would take me ages to go back and rewrite it all to please everyone. Things WILL start getting better from now on. Thanks everyone for your patience.