Game Over

You Belong With Me

Chapter 33 – Game Over

 

 

Eunjung walked around the reception hall, flashing bright smiles to all her guests congratulating her on getting married to the love of her life since she was in elementary school. The rest of the crew talked to each other, their parents and their coworkers they invited. It felt great to finally have a moment of happiness after constantly having to worry about someone getting hurt by that dastardly woman everyone wished was gone from this planet. Krystal’s boyfriend Minho grew restless when he noticed that his girlfriend had been gone for the past twenty minutes. Since he really didn’t have anyone to talk to at the party, he felt rather awkward sitting at his table all alone.

“Hey kid, you shouldn’t be all boring at a party like this,” Yonghwa teased while giving him a small slap to the back. Yonghwa laughed at the way Minho stood up and bowed to him slightly. He had no idea how this soft spoken and uptight guy was dating a brat like his sister but he was happy for them.

“Hyungnim…” Minho began.

“Just call me hyung,” Yonghwa interrupted. “Stop being so formal.”

“Ah ne… hyung…” Minho whispered back. “Have you seen Krystal? I haven’t seen her since she left with Eunjung noona  to the bathroom but she’s not back yet.”

Yonghwa found it strange that Krystal would be gone for so long. She usually loved parties like this since she liked to show off her wardrobe and just look really girly overall. Seohyun walked up to the two men and motioned for Yonghwa to follow her, most likely to talk to someone she had just met. “Hey, go look for her alright? I’m kind of tied up right now.” Yonghwa motioned towards his girlfriend dragging him away and waved Minho away.

Minho nodded back and went off to find his loud girlfriend towards the bathrooms. On his way there he noticed two men in suits and sunglasses hanging around the door but he paid no mind to them. While they hadn’t been there before, he figured that they were just security or something. Continuing his walk, he managed to find the women’s bathroom. “Krystal!” he yelled into the elegantly decorated room. The only response he got was his voice reverberating off of the bathroom stalls.

“Are you looking for someone young man?” an older woman asked him from behind. Minho turned around and bowed at the woman before asking her to go inside and check for a girl wearing a navy blue dress and long, black hair with a silver clip in it. “I don’t see anyone in here young man,” the lady called from inside the bathroom. “I did find this though.”

Minho took the tube of lip gloss from the old woman and brought it up to his nose. It was the same cherry flavored lip gloss that Krystal wore on her lips. He of all people could recognize the smell, and of course taste, of his favorite lip gloss a mile away. “Thank you very much for helping me,” he told the woman before running off to find the lost girl. “ where the hell are you Krystal?” he muttered to himself.

By chance he noticed a flight of stairs leading up to the upper levels of the wedding hall, piquing his curiosity. He thought that perhaps Krystal decided to go up and get a bit of fresh air on the balcony. Since the thought didn’t seem too far off he decided to go get a look. Along the way he noticed that there was virtually nobody on the upper floor of the hall, something he found a bit strange. The girls in the group always complained about how hard it was to find a spot at this wedding hall since it was always booked, but it didn’t seem like it. For a wedding hall that was supposedly always reserved, it didn’t look reserved to him. Either way, he continued his trek through the eerily quiet halls before deciding that Krystal was probably not up here.

“Yes ma’am,” Minho heard a voice say at the far end of the hall. He quickly turned a corner and hid behind it to see who had said that. He noticed another one of those suit wearing guards coming out of a room at the far end of the corridor and wait outside the door. It was at that point that he felt something smelled fishy. He had no idea why, but he felt like Krystal was in that room. Walking up to the room he cleared his throat and made his presence known.

“Excuse me sir?” he asked in his usual clam demeanor. “May I ask what this hall is being used for?”

“This place is a wedding hall kid... What do you think it’s used for?” the man gruffly responded.

Minho almost slapped himself at the stupidity of the question he asked. “Oh I see…” Minho trailed off, not knowing what else to say. “I just got a bit lost since the place is so large.” With his innocent lie and a soft smile, Minho made his way back the way he came to search for Krystal some more.

Inside the room, Krystal managed to pick up on the voice outside the door and noticed that it was her boyfriend’s. “RUN MINHO!!!” she yelled hoping that Minho would hear it. On the other side of the door, Minho heard the screaming and immediately realized who it belonged to. “GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!” His instincts told him to barge in there and grab her, but he knew there were probably more goons in there.

“Shut up you little !” Hyuna yelled before hitting Krystal on the back of her head with the end of the pistol she carried. A small trickle of blood ran down her neck as Krystal’s head lifelessly hung low. “GET HIM!!” Hyuna screeched to the guard standing outside of the door. “If you let him get away, I’ll kill you all myself!”

Minho quickly grasped the situation at hand. He hadn’t known Hyuna, but Krystal talked trash about her so much that he knew all too well that this was all one of her schemes. Without a second thought he began to run down the stairs to go get help. There was no way he was going to let Hyuna get away with hurting all of the people he and Krystal cared about. “Hyung!” he yelled as he reached the first floor. He hoped that his voice would carry along the narrow corridors and reach the older male. “Hyung!”

Before he could call out to Yonghwa one more time, he felt a massive force slam into his jaw. The now dizzy boy tried to stand up but he felt the floor moving out from underneath him. Another massive force slammed into his stomach, knocking all the air out of his lungs. He tried his hardest to scream one more time but his voice seemed to stop working. The world began to turn black regardless of how hard he tried to keep himself awake. “Hyung…!

“Did you guys hear that?” Jang Woo enquired. “It sounded like Minho.”

“I didn’t hear anything,” Seohyun commented. “Did you Yonghwa?”

“No but Minho probably just found Krystal. No doubt those kids are coming back from making out on the balcony or something. They’ve been gone for a long time,” Yonghwa shot back. Seohyun shook her head at his protective tone before pulling him towards the door to look for them. The couple walked out towards the bathroom to see if they could find Minho but they couldn’t see anything. They thought Jang Woo was just hearing things so they decided to go back to the party.

“Wait…” Seohyun commanded. “Look…”

Yonghwa looked down towards the place Seohyun was pointing to and noticed a blood stain. They both gave each other a confused glance before kneeling down and inspecting it. Yonghwa stuck his hand out to touch it, forcing Seohyun to slap his hand out of the way. “I’m checking to see if it’s warm. Although I know I shouldn’t just be randomly touching people’s blood I see on the ground.” The red liquid was indeed warm, signaling to him that it was fresh. “Something’s not right here.”

“Of course it’s not Yonghwa,” Seohyun sarcastically replied. “Someone obviously got hurt here.”

“You don’t think…” Yonghwa trailed off before jumping into action. He quickly pulled Seohyun back towards the reception hall and motioned for Jang Woo to come over. “Hyuna is here.” Jang Woo and Seohyun gave each other confused looks before turning back to Yonghwa for an explanation. “Minho and Krystal are probably with her right now.”

Before Yonghwa ran off, Jang Woo grabbed ahold of his arm and pulled him outside the door. “Yonghwa what makes you think she’s here now? If this is your idea of a joke then it’s not funny.” Yonghwa gave him a determined look that showed Jang Woo that he wasn’t kidding. Jang Woo knew that Yonghwa would only make that claim if he was 100% sure of what he was saying.

“I have a really bad feeling about this Jang Woo. I know my sister and Minho are in trouble,” Yonghwa responded with a hint of desperation in his voice. “Don’t say anything to anyone just yet. Keep them calm.”

“Why? What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to go look for them,” Yonghwa replied with confidence.

“Are you kidding me!?  Call the police or something. Yonghwa you can’t possibly go up there alone. What if Hyuna tries something? What are you going to do by yourself?” Yonghwa was glad his friend was worried for him, but he knew that if he brought anyone else, Hyuna would only be angrier. The cops were especially out of the question.

Yonghwa gave his newlywed friend a pat on the back before dashing off up the stairs. He wouldn’t lie to himself and say he wasn’t scared, but he wasn’t about to let Hyuna get away with whatever it was she wanted. He was sick of running. He was sick of waiting for her to spring her trap. It was his turn to make the first move for once. He just hoped that in the end, if anyone got hurt it wouldn’t be anyone he cared for.

“Miss Hyuna has been waiting for you,” a deep voice called out to him as soon as he got to the steps. A large man, reminiscent of the men that guarded Joon’s house grabbed ahold of his arm and pulled him towards the room Hyuna was currently hiding in. Yonghwa couldn’t believe how crazy Hyuna’s plan seemed. She had what looked like at least a dozen men guarding the entire second story and she no doubt had more men waiting on the first floor as well.

Hyuna smiled what seemed to be a genuine smile when she saw Yonghwa. Seeing her smile like that made him sick to his stomach. He couldn’t fathom how someone could be smiling at a time like this. Whatever she was, she was definitely not human. “What are you doing here Hyuna?” he spat once he was let go by the guard. “You really cannot stay still for a second can you?”

“And here I was thinking you were going to be happy to see me,” she joked. “Guess I was wrong.” She ran her delicate fingers through her jet black locks as she inched closer and closer to him. Yonghwa’s gag reflex almost acted up once he felt her hands on his face caressing him. Her smile grew even larger when she felt him tense up at the contact. “You always were a shy one weren’t you?”

Yonghwa boldy spat on her face, something he wouldn’t ever do otherwise. A flash of anger manifested itself on her face but she quickly regained her composure after she wiped the offending liquid off of her face. “Where is my sister?” Yonghwa growled. He was no longer being guarded and she was within distance of choking her. It took all the strength in his body to not wring the life out of her himself. He knew, however, that if he even took one false step, everyone he knew could die.

“Over there,” Hyuna motioned. Yonghwa looked to the back of the room and saw a beat up Minho laying lifelessly on the ground next to his dear sister tied up on a chair with blood trickling down her pale face. “Don’t worry, they’ll be fine after a few hours or so. I thought I would just make it so we could talk in private.”

The evil woman made her way to a table with an already set meal and motioned for him to sit down. Yonghwa had no choice but to follow suit and sit down with her. “What the are you doing Hyuna? Why can’t you just disappear? Why?” Hyuna chuckled before slicing off a piece of steak and savoring the taste of the fancy meal. The way she continued to nonchalantly eat her meal made every muscle in Yonghwa’s body tense up.

“I’m not going to leave you alone Yonghwa yah,” she responded in an endearing tone. “You and Seohyun are never going to be rid of me. Even when I’m dead I will haunt you forever.”

“WHY!?!? WHY THE CAN’T YOU LET ME LIVE MY LIFE IN PEACE!?!” Yonghwa shouted. He stood up and slammed his fists on the table in desperation. He wanted to end this nonsense. He wanted to just mentally wish Hyuna away and have everything back to normal. He was sick of the games. All he wanted was to live a simple life next to those he cared about.

Hyuna continued eating despite his temper tantrum  only enraging Yonghwa even more. Without realizing it, Yonghwa took his steak knife and tossed it across the table. Hyuna flinched as she felt the cold steel penetrating her shoulder and feeling the warm liquid ooze out of the wound. “Big mistake.” Hyuna gave a guard a hand signal while she tried to take out the knife as painlessly as possible.

“Stop Hyuna!” a delicate voice echoed through the large room. “Please stop!”

“Seohyun what are you doing here?!” Yonghwa yelled. “Why did you come up here?”

The guard escorting Seohyun pushed her into the room before closing the large double doors behind him. Yonghwa began to panic even more now. Not only were Minho and Krystal in danger, but now so was Seohyun. He couldn’t have all three of them getting hurt. “Hyuna please, just take it out on me. Don’t hurt anyone else, please.”

“It’s always about you isn’t it!” Hyuna shrieked. “Seo Joohyun always has to be the little saint that she is and save the day doesn’t she?!” Hyuna’s cool composure was long gone, now being replaced with wild unadulterated fury. “No! I will not have my plans ruined by you Seohyun.”

“This is all about me isn’t it?” Seohyun quietly asked. “You are mad at me aren’t you?”

Hyuna approached Seohyun menacingly, forcing Yonghwa to run to his girlfriend’s side in defense. Hyuna pushed Yonghwa aside before grabbing Seohyun’s head by the hair. “You think you’re so perfect you little . You think this whole world revolves around everyone’s beloved Seohyun. Well you’re wrong. I’m not going to let my life be ruined by you one more time.”

Seohyun gulped audibly, making a twisted smirk appear on Hyuna’s face. She loved reveling in the fear that Seohyun showed. She loved knowing that Yonghwa was powerless to help any of the people he wished to protect. Hyuna was basking in the glory of having the power to control the situation at her command. “I never ruined your life Hyuna. You did everything yourself to ruin your own life.”

Hyuna let go of her rival and slapped her with all the force she could. “I was your sidekick. I was the girl that clung on to Seohyun because she had no other friends. I was the girl that nobody knew except as ‘Seohyun’s friend.’ You were always the center of attention and I always got the short end of the stick,” Hyuna cried while wiping the tears out of her eyes. “Don’t tell me that you weren’t at fault there!”

“That isn’t my fault Hyuna and you know it,” Seohyun spat back. “You made your own decisions.”

“You had a rich boyfriend. You had a rich daddy that bought you everything. If you were on the verge of death you could just throw your wallet at a doctor and they could work their magic on you. What did I have?” Yonghwa took the opportunity to go check on Minho and Krystal while Hyuna seemed to be too distracted by her tantrum to pay attention to him. Luckily the two were still breathing, but he needed a plan to get them to safety before he could make a move.

“Hyuna that’s all based on something I have no control of. I didn’t choose to be born rich, just like you didn’t choose to be born poor,” Seohyun explained calmly. Hyuna was visibly shaken to the point where Seohyun had no other choice but to remain calm. If she made one false move, Hyuna could snap. “I really didn’t think of you as a sidekick.”

“I tried so hard to get through life. I worked 3 jobs in high school. I had to watch doctors turn my grandma away because she couldn’t pay the measly fifty dollars to get treatment…” Hyuna trailed off. “And then I had to watch you breeze your way through life because you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. This isn’t about you Seohyun.”

“Then why are you attacking me and my friends?” Seohyun replied without hesitation. “If this isn’t about me, then why target me?”

Hyuna chuckled before sitting back down at the table where she had been calmly eating a few minutes ago. The knife wound in her shoulder didn’t even hurt anymore from how much adrenaline was pumping through her veins. The anger welled up inside of her was better than any painkiller she had ever taken. “I’m just getting even with this ty world. You just happen to be someone I hate personally too. It’s just a coincidence.”

“That’s bull! Who the hell are you to  ‘get even?’ You aren’t God Hyuna. You can’t decide that on your own.”

“But I can and I am. I’m going to make you suffer just like I did. It’s not fair that the world made you perfect and have a perfect life, leaving just me to suffer. This way, you’ll feel the same exact amount of pain as I did,” Hyuna explained. Seohyun couldn’t even respond to the outlandish logic Hyuna was using. Not only was she trying to play god, but she was justifying it to herself so there would be no talking her out of it.

“You do know that your life ends here don’t you?” Seohyun asked in a confident tone. “You might cause damage to all of us, but you won’t get away. You’re done for.”

“Oh I know. I just thought I would get even with the world and you losers before I was gone.”

Seohyun couldn’t even feel pity for Hyuna anymore. Had it been any other time, she would have felt sorry for the deranged girl. The world had been cruel to her and that was a fact. However, she was going about life the wrong way. What made her even more sick was the fact that she was planning on dying when there was another life inside of her. “Aren’t you expecting? How big of a monster are you that you’d kill yourself with your baby inside of you.”

“Oh you mean the product of my hot night with Yonghwa?” Hyuna disgustingly chuckled. “It was expendable. I didn’t want the little anyway. It was simply a means to an end.”

“You’re disgusting. I hope you burn in hell for all the trouble you’ve caused this world.”

Hyuna looked over to see Yonghwa untying the ropes on Krystal’s wrists before motioning for her goons to capture him. Yonghwa was almost done setting her free when he was roughly pulled away from the still unconscious girl. Hyuna took the knife she used to threaten Krystal earlier and ran it against her delicate face. Along her cheek she left a small cut that caused a small trickle of blood to run slowly. “It pains me to do this Yonghwa. It really does.”

“Cut the bull Hyuna. What are you getting at right now?”

“You know I truly do love you. You were the one person that made me feel warm. You were the one person that made me feel like being bad wasn’t worth it. I almost changed completely because of you,” Hyuna explained in a surprisingly sincere voice. “I hated every second I spent with that idiot Lee Joon but I got through it by imagining that he was you.

Seohyun and Yonghwa both felt the slightest bit of pity for her when she spoke with that much sincerity in her voice. At the end of the day, they both knew that Yonghwa had a profound effect on the girl. Either way, they still couldn’t forgive any of her actions. “That’s why you drugged and me?”

“I had to do it Yonghwa. And don’t act like you didn’t like it,” she slyly responded. “If you could have seen your face when I was on top of you, giving you the night of your life…”

Seohyun’s body tensed up when she heard her going into explicit details of the night. Even if she had forgotten about that night, it didn’t change the fact that it hurt her to think about it. “Stop it Hyuna…” Yonghwa growled. “Stop playing games with us. Just do what you were going to do and end your games.”

“Maybe I should give you a repeat of that night so you remember just how amazing it was.” Without being able to escape from her clutches, Hyuna walked up to Yonghwa and planted a passionate kiss on his lips. The sensation of on his made his gorge rise up. He felt violated and desecrated as Hyuna ran her hands through his hair and continued to assault his lips. As soon as she pulled back, he spat on the ground to get rid of anything that had to do with her.

Seohyun could only imagine how disgusted Yonghwa must be to have Hyuna impose himself on her like that. “I hope you burn in hell so much that even the devil himself won’t recognize you,” Yonghwa cursed through grit teeth.”

Hyuna motioned to the guard one more time as he let go of Yonghwa and moved over towards Krystal’s still lifeless body. “I won’t drag this on longer. Say goodbye to little Krystal. Don’t worry, you won’t have to mourn her death too long since you’ll be next.” Hyuna walked back over towards the young girl and raised the knife up towards her neck as the guard held her limp body up.

“ you…” Minho mumbled before tackling Hyuna to the ground. The world was still a little shaky but he managed to knock the knife out of Hyuna’s hands before she could harm Krystal. “Hyu-Hyung…”

“Minho!” the couple cried in unison. Minho could still barely talk, let alone stand. It was a miracle he had enough strength to knock Hyuna over before she could react. The guard let Krystal fall to the ground with a thump before grabbing hold of the wobbly young man as Hyuna stood up.

“You little er…” Hyuna growled before ing the knife into his abdomen. “Looks like you’re going to be the first to go little boy. It’s a shame though… you were kind of cute.” She pulled the crimson stained knife out of his body and pushed him on the ground to die. Yonghwa could tell at a glance that Minho could live if they could stop the bleeding but they would have to act fast.

Hyuna wiped the blood off of her hand on one of the tablecloths before focusing her attention on Krystal once more. “It’s a shame we had to get to this point isn’t it?” she shamelessly questioned. “We could have just lived our lives in peace but you guys needed to learn what it was to feel what I felt. It’s your turn to feel the loneliness and darkness that I had to deal with.”

She was once again interrupted from killing the younger Jung, but this time by a new face. “Hyuna,” he spoke up. “What the are you doing?” Hyuna perked up at the new voice and shot him a glare. The guards seemed to be okay with the man’s presence, indicating that he was one of Hyuna’s welcome guests.

“Jae Hyuk what are you doing here..?” Yonghwa asked “You… you’re working with her?”

“What? Does it surprise you that I am?”

“I knew you were a bastard but I didn’t think you were that low to work with this piece of ,” Yonghwa commented.

Jae Hyuk smirked at Yonghwa’s thoughts on him. It was true, he was a bastard. Unbeknownst to everyone present, he wasn’t working for Hyuna anymore. He was here to stop her from hurting more people. He had to keep up the façade that he was on her side still in order to stop all of her devious plans. In his back pocket he carried a syringe full of a substance that could stop her dead in her tracks in less than five minutes. He just needed an opportunity to use it on her.

“Finish up your business Hyuna. We’re getting out of here. I found a back door out of here and since the police aren’t here yet we’re good to go.” Hyuna wasn’t expecting to leave the wedding hall alive, but Jae Hyuk seemed to be giving her a second chance at life. “I get to kill Yonghwa though. It was because of me that you got this far.”

“What do you mean got this far?” Yonghwa asked. “What did you do with her?”

“Who do you think gave her the drugs to sedate you?” Jae Hyuk chuckled. Yonghwa’s blood boiled even more at the mention of that night. Yonghwa began to see that there were not one but two jealous sons of es in the room present. Jae Hyuk was to him what Hyuna was to Seohyun. Jae Hyuk was always in second place and it was Yonghwa that was in first.

Hyuna ignored the banter amongst the men and raised her hand to finally strike Krystal after so long. Jae Hyuk reached into his back pocket in order to prepare the concoction of medicines that would finally end Hyuna’s life. Just as he reached back, the guard holding onto Yonghwa noticed the shady movements and grabbed his wrist. “What would this be?” the guard asked, stopping Hyuna in her tracks. “Boss… you better take a look at this.”

“Jae Hyuk you sly bastard…” Hyuna laughed. “You were going to kill me weren’t you?”

“No! It was for Yonghwa I swear,” Jae Hyuk cried in desperation. “I brought it here to kill him!”

“Bull! I knew you couldn’t be trusted.”

Yonghwa had no idea what to believe anymore. He wanted to believe that Jae Hyuk was here to save Hyuna, but he couldn’t rule out the fact that he was betraying Hyuna for his own reasons. The guard grabbed hold of Jae Hyuk, making him drop the rest of the medicine on the ground. “Tell your goon to let me go Hyuna!”

“I don’t think so.”

“You’ll never get away with this! I called the police already,” Jae Hyuk responded. “They’re on their way now. I turned in the vial of medicine you used to kill Joon. I ordered an autopsy on him too. Everyone thought he died of natural causes but we both know you caused that hemorrhage!”

Seohyun brought her hand up to to stifle a gasp. The anger inside of Yonghwa only grew larger and larger. If only the police had listened to them, they might have saved Joon. If only Yonghwa had stayed in Joon’s room longer, he might have caught Hyuna in the act. “You ! You killed him?! You… What the hell!? Why can’t you let anyone live their own lives?”

Hyuna began to show signs of desperation. Now that the police were on their way, she was a sitting duck. It didn’t matter how many guards she had if they surrounded the whole place. As much as she told herself that she came here ready to die, she wasn’t ready. She believed she could find a way out of the situation after she got her ‘revenge.’ Now she wasn’t so sure she would get to make her escape.

“It’s over Hyuna. You’re finished!” Jae Hyuk yelled. “You won’t hurt anyone anymore.”

“You fool! Don’t you know that you’re going to go down with me? You stupid er!” Hyuna yelled anxiously. Yonghwa could tell now was their chance to make a move. With her being shaken up, her ability to plan would be impaired. He just hoped Jae Hyuk was really on his side and would follow up on his move.

With only two guards in the room and the rest outside, Yonghwa felt they could easily take out the thugs and buy time before the cops showed up. Seohyun, not being held onto by the two guards crawled over to the table where Hyuna forced Yonghwa to sit down at a while back and found the knife Hyuna had been struck by. Yonghwa noticed the movement and gave the burly man holding onto him a headbutt. The sudden movement caught the thug off guard, forcing him to clutch his head in agony. Jae Hyuk took the opportunity to do the same and he managed to escape the clutches of the second thug present.

“You really on our side Jae Hyuk?”

“Sadly I am for once,” Jae Hyuk half joked. “I know I’m screwed so I might as well go down fighting. My life is over Yonghwa. I threw it away trying to surpass you. Now I know that my goal should have been to at least walk beside you.” Yonghwa smiled at the way Jae Hyuk was expressing himself. He could tell the thought was sincere which gave him hope that they could get out of this alive.

“You know you aren’t half bad,” Yonghwa joked back. “For a bastard that almost ruined my life at least.”

“Thanks I think?”

The guard that had been holding onto Yonghwa regained his composure and began to lunge at the two men but was stopped in his tracks when he felt a sharp object lodge itself in his back. He turned around to see a small frame ing the steak knife into his skin. “You …” he mumbled before tumbling down with a thud. Yonghwa nodded to Seohyun before he turned his attention to Hyuna.

In the commotion that they made, Hyuna managed to grab ahold of the syringe and stabbed it into Jae Hyuks back. She pushed the plunger in, forcing the poisonous liquid into his bloodstream. “You stupid er, you’ll regret crossing me just like that of yours,” Hyuna snarled. “I hope you have fun in hell with that little because that’s straight where you’re headed.”

Yonghwa and Jae Hyuk realized that she could only be talking about Min Young. “You did that to Min Young?” Jae Hyuk asked through ragged breaths. He realized the poison was already working as he felt his breath slowly being out of him. The concoction of toxins he placed in the syringe would paralyze all the muscles of his body slowly before he could no longer breathe. “YOU!!!”

“Yeah I did that. It wasn’t very hard since the railing did all the work. I can’t believe how stupid you were when you began following me,” Hyuna laughed hysterically. “You were such a fool to believe anything I said. You were so intent on getting revenge for your precious Min Young that you didn’t even realize her killer was right in front of you. What a pathetic bastard you turned out to be.”

Yonghwa’s rage was multiplied a hundredfold once he knew Hyuna had also killed Min Young. Two of his closest friends had their lives ruined by Hyuna’s ambitions and jealousy for nothing. In the end, Hyuna wasn’t even going to get to enjoy it. In the end, she was going to throw her life away without even getting what she wanted. As much as he wanted to run up to her and take her life away slowly, he knew he had to take care of Minho and Krystal. Hyuna was done for but he could still save the bleeding young man.

Seohyun worked on untying Krystal before she felt her hair being pulled back forcefully by Hyuna. “I might be over but I don’t plan on going down without taking you with me.” She dragged Seohyun across the floor before pushing her into the large window that took up the entire back wall of the reception hall they were in. “You ready to die Seohyun? Because I sure am and I think the ride to hell would be a little too lonely if I were to go by myself.”

“Let her go Hyuna!” Yonghwa cried out. Sirens could be heard on the floor below indicating that the police had arrived. Hyuna looked down and saw her goons being arrested and all of the people in the building being evacutated. “It’s over! You lost the game! Now go down easily and you might still get to keep your life!”

“NO! I don’t want to live in this ty world anymore!” Hyuna screeched. “If I can’t have control of my own life, then I would rather not be alive. Power is everything Yonghwa! Why didn’t you see that and just follow me?! We could have had the perfect life together! Why the do you conform to this boring woman and not come to a great one like me!?”

Yonghwa stood up and walked slowly towards Hyuna. Once he was a few steps away from her, he gave her a pity-filled look before shooting a love-filled glance at Seohyun. “Because I love her.” The words hit Hyuna hard enough to stun her for a second. “She’s the love of my life Hyuna. I can’t live without her. Without her I feel like I can’t take in a breath of air. Without her by my side, food has no taste. This woman makes me feel alive. Without her I don’t think I could survive another day of my life.”

Without any desire to continue hearing what Yonghwa had to say, she turned to Seohyun only to receive a slap to the face. Hyuna slapped her back, trying to push her back against the large window. Yonghwa took the opportunity and pushed Hyuna down from behind, giving Seohyun a chance to move away from the window. As Hyuna regained her stance to strike once more she was greeted with a tackle from a barely conscious Jae Hyuk.

“You said the ride to hell would be lonely huh?” he cynically asked as he mustered all the strength he could in his body. His muscles burned as he strained the last bit of energy he had in them. His chest could barely pull in air but he somehow found the will to push his body past his limits and grab hold of the mad woman. “Well I think I’ll be able to give you some company on the way there.

With one final burst of strength, Jae Hyuk managed to throw himself along with Hyuna against the large window. The force of their bodies colliding with the glass forced it to shatter into a million pieces, giving them an escape route from the elegant building. Yonghwa covered Seohyun with his body, having a few shards of glass graze his body painfully.

As they fell, it seemed time was slowed down. Jae Hyuk knew he was already dead the moment that syringe was into him. He figured that if he could take Hyuna down himself, he could redeem himself in some way. He hoped that getting rid of such a demon would score him a few points with the Creator so he wouldn’t get as severe a punishment when he finally died. Even the thousands of glass shards embedded in his skin didn’t hurt anymore from how close he was to death. A smile formed on his face when he realized it was almost over and that neither he, nor Hyuna, could hurt anyone ever again. “I’m sorry Min Young ah,” he whispered before he hit the ground. “I guess I won’t get to see you after this. I don’t think I’m going to end up at the same place you are…”

The slowed time Hyuna seemed to experience only gave her time to burn with regret and anger. Not only had she sacrificed so much to fulfill her great ambitions, but she didn’t even get to finish the job. Even when she was half a second from dying, the only thing she could think about was how she would haunt her enemies until the end of time. Redemption? She wanted none of it. Of the million thoughts that coursed through her head at that last second, not even once did she think to ask for forgiveness. Her final thought before she breathed her last breath was how she would find a way out of hell and drag Seohyun and Yonghwa back with her.

“Are you okay?” Seohyun whimpered when she saw the blood pooling below Yonghwa as he covered her. Yonghwa didn’t even seem fazed at the pain in his back and just gave her a passionate kiss. Seohyun was startled by the sudden movement, but she quickly eased into the familiar sensation. Through the way their lips touched he was saying ‘You’re safe now.’ She could understand that much without him saying a word. After what seemed like forever, the nightmare was finally over.

“Come on…” Yonghwa said while nodding towards the younger pair in the corner. “We’ve got a wedding to celebrate.” Seohyun scoffed at the stupidity of Yonghwa’s comment before taking his hand.

“Choding…” she teased. After a moment of silence, she stared at him and smiled brightly. She couldn’t believe how lucky she got by meeting him. She couldn’t believe how it was possible for someone to love her so much and to know that they would never get tired of her. “Am I dreaming Yonghwa?”

“The nightmare is over Hyun…” he stated cluessly.

“I meant because you’re here. This must be a dream because you can’t be real.”

“How’s this for real?” he boldly asked before pulling her into the second passionate kiss of the day. This time the kiss wasn’t a gentle statement of her safety. That kiss told her ‘You’re mine’ in the most assertive way possible. Without caring about anything else in the world, she wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. It wouldn’t be fair of course if he was doing all the work.

Paramedics stormed into the room, quickly throwing Minho and Krystal onto stretchers. The quickly working men tried to push Yonghwa and Seohyun onto stretchers, but the lovebirds continued to kiss without any regards to how much they had been hurt. Eventually, they were split up but continued to hold each other’s hands as they were rolled through the corridors side by side.

“YAH!” Jang Woo cried out before they were put into the ambulance. “You idiots could have died. What the hell did you think you were doing going up against Hyuna alone?”

“Jang Woo,” Yonghwa interrupted.

“What?”

“Shut up,” he ordered nonchalantly.

 

 

 

Author’s Note: Wow well this chapter turned out a bit longer than I thought it would. At least that evil witch is gone for good. I don’t really like leaving villains unredeemed but with this one, I couldn’t bring myself to make her any good. She had to die evil or else I would have felt like I was copping out. I’m sure you readers could agree. This isn’t the last chapter though. I was requested to make a little epilogue or two in the comments and I feel like I might just do that. I originally planned to only make a short epilogue chapter, but I feel like it won’t be enough.

I didn’t have nearly enough YongSeo interactions this story as I would like. As such, I will be doing most likely 2 epilogue chapters for this. They’re going to be 100% about them so I hope you guys can enjoy them. I will see you guys in a later chapter. I hope you had fun reading!

p.s. Sorry for the length again. I tried my hardest to keep it short but once I get rambling, I really get rambling.