Why Me?

You Belong With Me

 

Chapter 31 – Why Me?

 

 

Yonghwa never believed that he would ever in his life be involved in a high speed car chase, yet there he was. Speeding through the busy streets of one of the most heavily populated cities in the world was proving to be a difficult task. He had no idea how Joon had done it but he had to give the man credit. You really had to be a reckless driver to be able to get through the heavy traffic at the speed he was going at. Seohyun could only sit in the passenger’s seat and hold on for dear life, hoping that neither they nor Joon hit any oncoming cars.

“Don’t you think we should slow down Yonghwa?” Seohyun worriedly questioned. Beads of sweat formed on her head due to the fear she felt rushing through her. Not once had she gone that fast in anything that wasn’t a roller coaster. “I think you’re going through the roads a bit too fast.”

Yonghwa sighed deeply, but kept his foot on the accelerator without paying heed to any of Seohyun’s warnings. “Seohyun, we have to go as fast as we can. There’s no telling what’s going to happen if we don’t.” He wasn’t going to lie, he was as scared as Seohyun was. However, he couldn’t just sit back and watch anyone die. It just wasn’t something he could allow.

“We don’t even know if they’ll fight or anything. We are too quick to jump to conclusions,” Seohyun reasoned. “Yonghwa, please let’s slow down.”

When he heard the massive amount of worry in her voice, he decided he couldn’t argue with her. A quick glance at her told him more than her words did. He had to get to Joon’s house fast, but not at the expense of Seohyun’s mental wellbeing. “Sorry, I’ll slow down.” The car went from going as fast as the wind to a less reckless, but still quick, pace. “Look there’s his car!”

A few cars ahead they could make out Joon’s silver convertible that he drove. It seemed that the traffic was slowing him down too which bode well for the couple following them. Suddenly, they saw Joon take a swerving left, not giving anyone around him any time to react. Oncoming cars didn’t expect him taking such a sharp turn, forcing them to swerve away from him. Soon enough, Joon’s car flew through the intersection. The same fate didn’t fall upon the rest of the cars in his wake. From what Yonghwa could see  there were at least five cars rammed into each other sitting in the middle of the road.

“Damn it!” Yonghwa bellowed as he punched the steering wheel. His desperation was getting to him. He had no idea why he cared about what happened to Joon and Hyuna, but he couldn’t help but get agitated. “! We aren’t going to make it in time.”

Seohyun took a look behind her to see if they could go in reverse and take another side street but there were too many cars backed up behind them. The only way they were going to get anywhere is if the wrecked cars were towed away. “We’re going to be stuck here for a while. Do you think we should call Joon?”

Yonghwa pulled out his phone and dialed the number Joon used had back when before he left Korea. He hoped to any god out there that the number stayed the same. A few seconds later he was greeted with an automated female voice telling him that the number he dialed was incorrect and not in service. “Ugh! I don’t have his number,” Yonghwa groaned in frustration. “Do you?”

“I only have the number that you had. What about Hyuna? Didn’t you say she called you that day she drugged you?” Seohyun inquired.

“It wasn’t her number, it was someone else’s phone,” he shot back. “I really hope we aren’t too late if we get through this.” The only thing Seohyun could do was nod and hope for the best.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Joon hurriedly parked in the drive way where he saw all of the guards were not in their assigned places. He found it strange that they weren’t at home since he had given them each specific orders to watch Hyuna at all times. If Hyuna had asked to go anywhere, they should have refused to take her. Either way, he was much too agitated to care about the guards at that moment. All he could think about was how he was going to confront his traitorous wife and end her little game once and for all.

As he entered his house all he could hear was silence. Not a soul was present in the house. Even when the guards were there and they were quiet, he could still feel a human presence in the house. At the moment, he felt eerily alone. It was almost as if someone had all of the noise in the house through a vacuum and hid it away from him. The silence was so uncomfortable it was almost deafening as contradictory as it sounded.

His footsteps all over the house broke the silence for the half a second they landed, but still, there was no sign of life in his house. Joon noticed that the room to his personal office had been broken into. The jumpy man immediately realized what that was about. A quick look into his office indicated that the place where he kept his will had been searched.

“ing Hyuna…” he cursed under his breath.

A sound of footsteps above his head told him that there were signs of life on the second floor. He quickly rushed up the flight of stairs and into the room where he and the woman he loved slept in. “Nice of you to join me Joonie,” Hyuna teased in a wicked voice. “What took you so long?”

“Hyuna what the hell are you doing right now? Why did you break into my office? Where are the guards?” Joon demanded to know. “Stop playing games right now.”

Hyuna let a scoff out before she walked over to her dresser and pulled out a large, yellow envelope. “Aw, but I’m having so much fun right now Joonie,” she pouted cutely. “Why should I stop?”

Joon’s nerves were setting ablaze at the way she was calling him ‘Joonie.’ Normally he loved it when she called him that, but at that moment, all he could think about was how much he hated her. The girl sat on the bed as her eyes scanned the documents with a devious smile on her face. “What the hell are you doing with those?” Hyuna looked up from the papers to give him what looked like an innocent smile.

“I’m just looking at the rewards I’m going to be getting after you pass away love,” she stated coldly. Another glance at the white sheet in her hands made her read the black writing on them.

 

“In the event that Lee Joon were to pass away, all of his assets, holdings, stocks, bank accounts, properties, and belongings are to be treated as inheritance for his wife Kim Hyuna and his unborn child. However, the only way she can obtain said inheritance is if the child is born as well as takes on Lee Joon’s surname.”

 

Joon’s hands turned clammy as he realized what Hyuna was getting at. He felt like an idiot for having changed the will so quickly. Now more than ever did he agree with everything that Yonghwa and Seohyun had told him. There was no way that Hyuna would ever love him. Joon’s whole life came crashing down before him as he realized that fact. Not only had he lost his parents, friends, and happiness, but also his soul. His blind love for her was now going to spell out his demise.

“When did you find out that I had that changed? How did you find out?”

“You’re too simple of a guy Lee Joon,” she stated condescendingly. “Any ten year old can read you like an open book.” A haughty chuckle escaped her lips for what seemed like the millionth time in the past five minutes. “I knew everything.”

“What do you mean everything?” Joon barked. “What are you talking about?”

“I knew you overheard me telling Jae Hyuk that the kid was Yonghwa’s. I saw you coming in the front lobby and set everything up,” she began to explain. “I only did that because I had the guards tell me that you went to your lawyer to change your will. You were so delusionally happy that you were going to be a daddy that you immediately had your will changed. Lee Joon, I can’t believe how stupid you are.”

Those exact words were going through Joon’s head before she even said them. He should have known Hyuna was going to spring another trap on him. She was like the snake that tricked Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. After being tricked once, those two suffered greatly and missed out on paradise. That’s how Joon felt at that second. The trickster could never be tricked. Hyuna preyed on the joy he felt because he was told he would be a father. “I… I… can’t believe this Hyuna.”

“What? That you’re this stupid?” Hyuna smirked. “You brought it on yourself.”

“I can’t believe that you’re this calculating. How did this even go through your head?” Joon wondered in disgust. That’s all he could say he felt for Hyuna, pure disgust. He couldn’t even feel angry at her, just appalled and completely disgusted. “How does someone find every weakness and exploit them in the way you do? What made you want to prey on something so innocent as the happiness a man feels when he’s told he’s going to be a father?”

Hyuna couldn’t even answer his question. The only thing that came to her mind was: ‘just because.’ There was no other explanation as to how she could do everything she did. “I don’t know Joonie. You tell me.” Once more, Joon’s rage started building up at her calling him that name. The mischievous woman sitting at the bed was smiling at him as he stood in the doorway, making him even more furious. She was enjoying every second of the confrontation; getting a sick pleasure from seeing him squirm.

“This plan isn’t going to work Hyuna. That will is going to be invalid if you touch me,” he threatened. “You may think that you have everything here planned out, but you don’t.” Joon knew that if Hyuna killed him, she would be instantly invalidating the will. Wives committed murder all the time for their husband’s fortunes. He knew she wouldn’t get away with it.

“Oh so you can even tell that I’m about to get rid of you?” Hyuna laughed. “Smart boy… but not smart enough.”

“What do you mean not smart enough? You know as well as I do that you’re so screwed if you try do hurt me right now. Seohyun and Yonghwa would immediately know it was you,” he reasoned. Then the thought of his two best friends popped into his head. For the first time in the few years he had abandoned them, he finally admitted he was wrong. Joon didn’t even have the right to put their names in his mouth.

“That’s where the guards come into play,” Hyuna explained. “I left a cute little ransom note on the kitchen table. I’m going to make it seem that they kidnapped me in exchange for money. Then you walked in, saw them hurting me, got angry, and tried to help. Sadly, you died in the struggle and they carried me off to a secret location where I miraculously escape and the bad guys run away forever.”

Joon’s brain almost exploded at the complexity of her plan. How had she thought so far ahead already? It hadn’t even been two days that he changed the will and she had a perfect plan ready to be executed at a moment’s notice. “Hyuna I can’t… I don’t even understand this at all.”

“What? My plan? Wow you’re really dumb.”

“No, not that. I can’t believe you already have this plan laid out in just a day or two. What the hell are you?” Joon asked not only her, but himself. The mistakes of the past were catching up to him. Joon realized more than ever that he shouldn’t have betrayed his friends. Leaving Seohyun at the altar was a crime against nature. A girl so pure and angelic shouldn’t have ever been wounded in such an unspeakable way. Karma was paying him back and then some. For once in the three years he was married to Hyuna, he felt his head clearing up.

“You’re too easy Joon. You were the perfect puppet that I could manipulate whenever I wanted to. I knew you wanted me so bad that even if I betrayed you again and again you’d melt at my touch. Don’t lie to me Joon, you know you had so much fun with me while it lasted,” Hyuna reminded him.

The way she spoke almost made him throw up. He wished he could go back in time and think with his head and not with his . No matter how much pleasure he had gotten from her in the past, it hadn’t been worth it. What had he accomplished in the past few years? Nothing. with Hyuna was blindingly pleasurable, he wouldn’t deny that. Even at that moment where he was disgusted by her he would admit that having her body was so sinfully delicious that he would almost do everything over again the same way. Then reality sat in and he felt sick to his stomach knowing that he had anything to do with her.

“You make me sick Hyuna. Remembering back all the times I ever touched you or kissed you makes my lunch rise up,” Joon acidly stated. “I really hope that everything you do right now fails miserably. I know that I’m done for, but I hope you know that you’re done here too.”

It pained him to admit it, but he knew his time on Earth was up. In the past few minutes he was praying silently in forgiveness. He knew that he wouldn’t be going to heaven or anything remotely close to it. Hell was the only place he knew he belonged. Still, he clung onto a sliver of hope that he wouldn’t be given too much hell if he repented.

“At least you’re coming to terms with everything,” she nonchalantly commented. “Well, I’d love to stay and chat some more, but I think it’s time we parted ways Joon. I won’t deny that you honestly made me happy while we were married. You made me feel wanted and desired but at the same time loved and cherished.”

“You’re a lying Hyuna,” he growled back. “You are a piece of that’s going to rot in hell. I’m honestly going to be better off dancing with the devil himself than being stuck in this ty existence here with you.”

“Aw, don’t be angry Joon. I really did try to love you at first. I really did think I could do it,” she continued, continuing to use that repulsive condescending tone. “Any last words Joon?”

Even if he had come to terms with his death, hearing those words come out of frightened him. Nothing could possibly save him now except for a miracle. Joon knew that karma was too much of cruel mistress for her to throw him any help. After a deep sigh, he prepared himself to disappear. “Why me?” he asked finally.

“Why you what?”

“Why did you take advantage of me Hyuna? You knew I truly loved you. You put me and my friends against each other. I loved Yonghwa like a brother and I once loved Seohyun more than anything. My parents abandoned me after I did what I did,” Joon sadly reminisced. Everything had gone wrong since Hyuna came into his life. The least she could do was explain to him why she did everything she did. “If I hadn’t met you, my life would be perfect right now.”

“Do you know why this happened to you? Because you were fun to mess with,” she frigidly confessed. “You were so easy to manipulate. Sometimes I would feel so happy to just see how far I could go and see you come running back to me. Truthfully, I chose you of all people because was fun ruining your life as much as I could. I honestly never thought I would enjoy it as much as I did.”

“You thought ruining my life was fun? Why?! WHY!?!? Why did you do this to me Hyuna!?” he cried in desperation. Tears began to run down his eyes for the first time in years. As much as he had screwed up, he felt so wronged. Everything was so unfair and it didn’t make sense.

The sound of a car pulling up into the driveway alerted both the guards waiting downstairs as well as the couple arguing upstairs. “Madam Hyuna,” a deep voice called from outside of the room. “Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa are trying to get into the house right now. We have to leave immediately!”

“!” Hyuna yelled loudly. “Get rid of Joon. I’ll go out the other door and meet the guards in the car. Don’t get caught you idiot!”

“Yes ma’am,” the burly man agreed. He held Joon down, letting Hyuna escape without any resistance. “Sorry Master Joon, but this opportunity is much better than anything I’ll ever come close to.”

Joon scoffed a little at his former employee’s words. “At least you have some kind of loyalty still in you,” Joon joked. “You’re just as pitiful as that you now answer to. She tricked and abandoned me in the blink of an eye. Don’t be so smug and think that you’ll have it easy with her.”

“It’s a risk I have to be willing to take,” the deep voice responded.

The man was holding Joon against the wall with only one arm as he fumbled to reach the gun safely fastened to his belt. Joon sensed the weakness in his grip and in one swift motion freed himself with a push off of the wall. Before the guard could aim his weapon at his target, Joon landed a well placed kick on his assailant’s hand, knocking the gun into the hallway. Realizing that he didn’t have much time left in the plan, the guard began to throw a flurry of punches, but Joon was much too fast for them to land. A quick jab to his unguarded abdomen caused Joon to send the man tumbling to the ground.

“Joon! Joon! Open the door! I know you’re there,” yelled Yonghwa through the sturdy metal door. For the first time in so long, he was so relieved to hear his old friend’s voice. Joon ran through the hallway and picked up the tool that was supposed to spell his demise that day. Before he could get down the stairs, he was struck by something on the back of his head.

A shattering sound resounded through the hall, alerting Joon that the man had thrown one of the decorational vases he had set up in his hall at him. “,” Joon groaned in pain as he tried to get himself together. The vase was made of a pretty thick material, requiring a tremendous amount of force for it to break.

“You’re not getting away that easily,” he heard through his ringing ears. His vision began to blur before he felt the man tackle him down to the ground. Joon could hardly even stay awake, much less defend himself. His former guard tried to snatch the black object from Joon’s hands but he was met with a surprising amount of resistance.

Joon continued to hold onto the weapon, not allowing the much larger man to have even the slightest grip on it. Then a gunshot was heard. The guard groaned in pain as he felt something warm trickling down his arm. He had been shot, but luckily nowhere vital. Joon’s actions further enraged the person on top of him, eliciting a burst of strength from him. The gun fired once more, only this time, it didn’t hit the same person twice.

“Finally,” the man groaned as he completely grabbed the gun from Joon’s now limp hands. Downstairs, Seohyun and Yonghwa heard the gunshot, prompting them to take more desperate measures. Yonghwa looked around and picked up one of the rocks in the garden. He hurled it into the window, setting off Joon’s house alarm, but thinking nothing of it.

“Joon!” he cried when he saw a man dressed in all black running away from the limp body with a gun in his hand. Yonghwa’s first instinct was to chase the man down but a cry from Seohyun made him realize that it would be dangerous. “Joon! Wake up!” he yelled at the motionless body.

Seohyun dialed for an ambulance as Yonghwa gave Joon a quick checkup. The guard managed to jump off of the balcony in one of the rooms, but not without sustaining a few injuries of his own. Still, he made his way to the car waiting for them a few houses down and made his escape with his new master.

“They’re on their way. How bad is he?”

Yonghwa finalized his quick scan of the wounds and realized that Joon’s injury could be life-threatening, but there was hope. If Joon could get emergency surgery and replace all the lost blood, he could be saved. “If we act now, he will be okay. Hyuna is behind this. There’s no doubt it,” Yonghwa noted. “We have to catch her.”

“It’s too dangerous. If we follow her, there’s no telling what could happen. That guy was armed and I’m sure there are more of those people than we saw,” Seohyun reasoned.

Yonghwa begrudgingly agreed, but still felt as if he should track the evil woman down. If Hyuna was pulling a stunt like that one, it was because she was running away with all the money she could find. There was no other way she would kill Joon without having the assurance that she would be fine later down the road.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

After a grueling four hours of surgery, Seohyun let a sigh of relief out once she saw Yonghwa rolling Joon out of the operating room alive. The young doctor looked exhausted both physically and mentally. Sometimes she wished she could give her life away in order to give him another one. Life always managed to make it hard for him one way or another. Now to add on more to the troubles they had, they had to worry if Joon would make it or not. Once she saw that Joon’s room was all set up, she made her way to find the two men that she had loved in her life.

Yonghwa sat on a small stool beside Joon checking up on his vitals for what she was sure was at least the fifth time knowing him. A small smile formed on her face when she saw the way Yonghwa worried so much for someone that he supposedly hated with all his heart. “Dr. Jung I see you’re working hard in order to get this patient up and running again,” she giggled.

Seeing Seohyun made him feel as if he could breathe again. His lungs no longer felt shriveled up, his heart went from a faint thump to a much more normal beat and most importantly, his face managed to force him to smile. Without any warning he abruptly stood up and tackled her into a hug. “I’m exhausted Hyun,” he wearily whispered. “The director of the emergency room got mad at me for being in the surgery room even though it’s not my department.”

Seohyun tightened her grip on him at the comment and ran her free hand through his hair gently. “I think you should rest a little. This is a pretty big event for anyone to handle in one sitting,” she comforted. “It’s even your day off too. We should go home and rest.”

“I don’t want to be worried Seohyun,” he stated out of the blue, confusing her with the rapid change of subject. “I shouldn’t be here helping someone that ruined your life.” She couldn’t help but feel a pang of guilt in her heart since she felt the same thing. Joon wasn’t someone she shouldn't give two s about yet she was there, worried.

“I think we live up to our name a little too well don’t we?”

Yonghwa pulled away from her to give her a confused look that somehow made her want to pinch his cheeks from how cute he looked. “What? What name?”

“If you put our names together you get yongseo, forgiveness,” she explained to him while running her hand along his right cheek lovingly.

“Ehhhh… and you get mad at me for using crappy wordplay,” Yonghwa pouted. “But I guess you’re right. I think we are a little too quick to forgive people. Look what happened when we let Hyuna run free.”

Speaking of Hyuna, both of the people standing in the room looked over at Joon and wondered what happened. In their minds, there was no doubt about it. Hyuna was the mastermind behind all of this and she failed at winning the game she was playing. “There’s no way Hyuna isn’t behind this. This whole situation fits her perfectly,” Seohyun pointed out. “Do you think the police found anything at the house?”

Before Yonghwa could answer they found themselves staring face to face with a police officer holding a note pad. “Hello, I’m officer Oh Jung Gyu. I have a few questions regarding the incident you two reported,” the friendly man explained to the couple. “Would that be okay with you?”

“That’s fine,” Yonghwa answered politely. For the next hour they told the officer just about everything they could regarding Joon, his behavior and the few times they had interacted with him. They also gave the officer all the information they could about Hyuna. The officer nodded as he finished writing down all the notes he needed for the investigation. Before he could leave the room, Yonghwa decided to ask a question of his own. “Was there anything found at the house?”

“I’m not really supposed to tell you this, but seeing as how you’re involved anyways, I don’t see the harm.” As he spoke he took out a picture clipped to the inside of his notebook and handed it to the curious man wearing a white coat.

 

 

“Lee Joon, if you don’t want your wife and kid to be in any danger, you will follow the rules we will set for you. In due time you will receive a call from us letting you know how much money to bring and where to bring it. If you call the police, you better know that your little bastard child will be the first one to go.”

 

 

Seohyun and Yonghwa gasped at the note, quickly realizing the turn for the worse the situation took. The note didn’t fool them one bit. “Officer, this is obviously a fake. Hyuna is the real culprit behind this and I’m sure her guards were just accomplices,” Yonghwa explained agitatedly. “We will need to have surveillance for Joon or else Hyuna could come back here and try to kill him again.”

As much as the officer wanted to take Seohyun and Yonghwa’s advice, his superiors would not allow it. “Look I know you two think this Kim Hyuna is a lunatic, but we can’t prove anything you have said,” the officer pointed out to them. “I’m not allowed to reject the validity of this note until we find Lee Joon’s wife.”

“But officer…” Seohyun began in a whisper. “We know Hyuna is behind this. She’s that evil.”

Yonghwa sighed in defeat when he realized that all the cards were laid out against them. To the officer they probably seemed like a bunch of conspiracy theorists out to get Hyuna. They had to admit that Hyuna was truly the best of the best when it came to things like this. “Never mind sir, we are taking up too much of your precious time.”

“I’ll let you guys know if we find anything out. In the meantime, you guys can’t go out of town or anything. We don’t suspect you of course, but we just need you to be around in case anything pops up.” With a bow the officer walked out of the room, leaving the couple to groan from how stupid the situation was.

Yonghwa felt anger well up inside of him at the thought that Hyuna was running around without any care in the world while Joon was laying in bed fighting for dear life. “Calm down,” Seohyun ordered quietly. Even without Yonghwa saying anything she could feel him losing his temper. “The officer has a point, we don’t have any proof. There’s also the chance of this all really being a kidnapping case.  It’ll all work out. She can’t do this forever.”

“What if she can Seohyun?”

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Jae Hyuk walked into his office the next morning, dreading coming back to work as he always did. He did enjoy being a doctor, but after his days off, he always hated not having more. “Aigoo,” he sighed loudly while looking around for his clipboard before he could go do his rounds of the ward. Before he got all his things together he heard someone walk in the door without knocking, only further putting him in a bad mood. “It’s rude to walk into someone’s office without knocking,” he stated as he rummaged through his cabinet without looking up.

“Whatever loser,” Hyuna answered back. Jae Hyuk shot up straight when he heard the feminine voice answering to him. The woman was wearing a white coat along with some gloves and a surgical mask covering her face. “I see you came into work today rather early.”

“Hyuna what are you doing here?” he asked angrily. He was sick of Hyuna treating him like a slave without any will of his own. She did whatever she wanted without his permission and he was tired of it. The more Hyuna screwed up, the deeper he found himself in the hole he dug himself into when he agreed to help her. “Get out of my office.”

Hyuna pulled off surgical mask to catch a breath of air as she sat down on the comfortable couch he had set up in his office. “I’m laying low in here for a while,” Hyuna explained. “I have to wait for the commotion to start up before I can slip out.”

Jae Hyuk had no idea what Hyuna was talking about so he completely ignored he crazy talk. He really wanted to be done with her, but he knew that the scheming woman wouldn’t let that happen. Jae Hyuk regretted allying himself with her, but it was too late now. If he tried to wiggle out of her grasp he knew she would let go of the blade dangling above his head threateningly.  

“Get the director in the room now!” they heard a male voice call out. Hyuna and Jae Hyuk could both recognize the person it belonged to as Jung Yonghwa.  A few nurses ran around here and there trying to either reach the director or help Yonghwa in whatever way they could.

“What did you do?” Jae Hyuk inquired in a suspicious tone. “You are up to no good aren’t you?”

Hyuna lifted the facemask back onto her face as she prepared herself to get ready to make a run for it. “Here, a little present for you.” The insane woman threw a vial of something across the room as she escaped through the commotion of busy nurses. Jae Hyuk walked over to his desk to pick up the vial and dropped it as soon as he picked up it.

“Warfarin?” he asked himself. He knew Warfarin was an anti-coagulating drug that they used on people that had potentially fatal blood clots. Where had Hyuna gotten that from? More importantly why did she have it? He threw on his coat when he realized that the commotion outside was most likely something related to Hyuna. Jae Hyuk’s heart almost dropped when he saw the name tag on the door of the room the commotion was coming from. “Lee Joon?” he whispered to himself.

Yonghwa and the director of the emergency room were currently examining Joon’s rapidly dropping vitals as he fought for his life for the second time in the past few hours. Jae Hyuk read over Joon’s medical chart carefully and began to break out in a cold sweat. Joon had suffered a bullet wound to his liver as well as lost a lot of blood. If Hyuna had given him the anti-coagulant, Joon would suffer a massive hemorrhage and lose enough blood for him to die almost immediately.

“Everyone wheel him into the surgery room. This hemorrhage is life threatening and without any action taken instantly, he will be dead in a minute or two,” the older man explained. Yonghwa helped wheel the dying man into the emergency room, making eye contact with Jae Hyuk in the process.

The worry in Yonghwa’s eyes made him feel pity for the man he once considered his rival. In all honesty, Yonghwa was never really a bad guy. Jae Hyuk just liked to blame all of his shortcomings on the man that always managed to steal the spotlight on him. If he really thought about it, Yonghwa wasn’t even at fault for the death of the girl he loved; it was an accident. As much as he disliked Yonghwa for being the one to last be with Min Young, Jae Hyuk wasn’t evil. Seeing Yonghwa in so much pain because of his friend made Jae Hyuk realize that he needed to end Hyuna’s game. As much as he wanted to, though, he couldn’t. Now he was even an accomplice in Joon’s murder if he kept it a secret.

Conflicting emotions plagued him throughout the time he stood in the operation room helping Joon with his struggle for life. If he kept everything a secret, Hyuna would keep terrorizing innocent people like Joon and Yonghwa. If he told everything to the police his life would be over. The judge would surely give him life in prison for being an accessory to murder. In the event that he only got maybe 25 years in prison, he wouldn’t be able to get a job afterwards. Either way he had to do something or else more people would get hurt.

 

 

Author’s Note: The end is near guys! I would give it maybe 2-3 chapters maximum. I still don’t really know what I’m going to do for the epilogue and such. Anyways, I think we’re going to have a few more little exciting events before it all comes to an end. I’m sure everyone already hates the witch of the show, Hyuna, but I think after this chapter people are really going to hate her more. I’ll catch you guys in a later chapter. Happy reading.