Busan Trip: Shattered Dreams and New Beginnings (2)

You Belong With Me

Chapter 11 – Busan Trip: Shattered Dreams and New Beginnings (2)

 

 

“Seohyun! Seohyun!” a male voice called out to her. It sounded distorted and far away, maybe as if she were under water. Her eyes finally began to focus and she realized she was chained onto some kind of wall while submerged in water. In the distance she could make out a figure swimming over to save her. As soon as she saw that person coming to save her, she felt instantly relieved.

“Hmmmph! Hmmmmmm!” was all that came out of covered with some kind of tape. The figure in a diving suit began to unbind her from her chains and ripped of the restrictive material binding . Bubbles spurted out of as she began to choke on the ocean water surrounding her. The man quickly took his mask and placed it on her face, lessening the pain in her lungs.

The figure’s strong arms pulled her up into the light of the surface and quickly dragged her onto the shore. Everything was void of color. The sky, the ocean, the sand, even the man who had saved her were all a different shade of grey. When the stranger finally revealed his face, Seohyun found herself groaning in disappointment for some reason. The face belonged to the man she had spent around 7 years of her life with, Lee Joon.

“What’s wrong? Were you expecting someone else?”

“She was expecting me,” another voice from behind them called out. “Get away from her, she’s mine.” This person however was colored in. His lightly tanned skin, jet black hair, and brown piercing eyes were all colored in. The color of the world returned with each step he took towards Joon.

“Jung Yonghwa…” Lee Joon growled through gritted teeth. “You bastard, what do you mean she’s waiting for you.”

“I was waiting for him!” Seohyun cried out. The startled girl’s eyes widened as she couldn’t control her own mouth saying that. She loved Joon, she would marry him if he asked her to. She knew she wasn’t waiting for Yonghwa so why did she say that?

The white foam of the waves crashing onto the rocky shore silently bubbled as the sounds of the world also seemed to be missing along with the color. Yonghwa and Joon, her two best male friends were staring each other down as if getting ready to kill one another. Within a blink of an eye, Joon disappeared and only Yonghwa was left walking barefoot in the warm white sand as seagulls overhead chirped loudly. The sound of the ocean and more importantly the color to the world returned.

“I know how you feel. Everything is okay now. You’re mine now and you’ll be happy forever.” Seohyun noticed the way his pink lips came closer to hers, threatening to add color to her grey body. Just as the last remaining colorless object in that strange world was about to be colored in, everything vanished.

Seohyun found herself in the room she had slept in the night before with Joon. The clock read 5:00pm, quite a few hours from when the group had all gone out to the beach. She tried sitting up but was met with a pounding sensation in her head. Suddenly, thirst grabbed ahold of and she felt as if there was an invisible hand threatening to deprive her of air.

“Water…” she groaned with the little energy she had. After what seemed ages, her tiny feet touched the cold stone floor but she couldn’t feel it. All she could feel was a burning sensation all through her body, as if she had a fever but she knew that wasn’t the case. Step by step she was closer to the door, but also closer to going back into the dream world she had just exited.

The edges of everything she saw seemed to be distorted. Straight lines became curved with dents and corners that she hadn’t noticed before. When she finally reached the flight of stairs that would lead her to the kitchen, and eventually water, she noticed they had multiplied by at least a factor of 10. “Wow, didn’t know I lived so high up.” As carefully as she could in her dizzy state she placed her right foot on the next lowest step and was rewarded with a creak of the wooden plank it was made of.

Yonghwa turned the corner carrying a bucket full of cold water and few towels to try to cool down the girl he thought was getting some much needed bed rest. The next thing he heard was the sound of the water splashing everywhere on the cold floor. Luckily he reacted fast enough to catch the delirious girl as she began her fall down the flight of stairs.

“Mmmm… Yonghwa?” she mumbled while her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

“Good morning, sleepyhead,” he whispered as he let out a sigh of relief. “You really know how to make people worried don’t you.” Yonghwa couldn’t even get angry at her since he knew she wasn’t really in her right state of mind. Suddenly he felt her bury her face in the crook of his neck and hugged him tightly.

“I was waiting for you. Why did you just come now?” she babbled.

“Have you been awake this whole time?” he asked in confusion. A quick look to his watch told him he had been gone for less than three minutes. There was no way he could have missed her wake up if she had awoken a long time ago. “What do you mean you were waiting?”

“You know how I feel now,” she continued speaking as if she were still in the dream. “You know everything. Everything is going to be okay. Joon is gone. You’re here now. Everything is okay. Everything is okay…” The tightness in her hug left him once her brain had ceased functioning and knocked her out for the second time that day.

“You’re a strange girl sleepyhead,” he noted in an endearing tone. Yonghwa proceeded to pick the girl up bridal style and carry her back up into the room she had just been in.

Seohyun’s body lightly hit the bed and she began to sport a small smile, as if she were happy to be back in the comfort of the soft and fluffy blankets. Before Yonghwa could leave to clean up the bucket of water he dropped, a hand grabbed hold of him. When the startled person turned around to see who it was, he noticed Seohyun had once again regained some form of consciousness.

“Don’t go. Joon will come back if you leave. The color… I’m still not colored in. I can’t hear anything if you’re not with me,” she mumbled. Yonghwa had absolutely no idea what kind of nonsense she was spewing.

“What are you talking about? Colors? Joon will come back?”

“Come here!” she yelled “You have to!” The girl began to waste energy tugging his arm so he would come close. Yonghwa realized she couldn’t afford to exert any kind of force or else she could hurt herself, so he complied with her demands. The bed made a slight creak once he allowed himself to sit on it. Seohyun continued to pull him down, asking him to lie in the bed with her.

Soon enough Yonghwa was lying on the edge of the bed, waiting for Seohyun to go back to sleep. Dangerous thoughts were slowly resurfacing in his brain. The thought of betraying Joon emerged as well as the guilt that came along with it. Even though he was determined to tell Seohyun how he felt, he didn’t know if he could do it. The pensive young man was snapped out of his thoughts once he felt Seohyun curl up against him.

“Girl, what are you doing?”

“So warm. I can hear the sounds. The breeze feels nice…” she mumbled from her dream world. Yonghwa instinctively wrapped an arm around her and returned her embrace. He hoped that nobody would come in and assume he was taking advantage of a sick girl. Seohyun had her head on his chest with her entire right side of her body pressed up against him. Even though it was wrong for him to do that, it felt right. He felt at home, he felt right protecting her from whatever it was she was dreaming of.

Yonghwa glanced over at the clock and noticed he had almost three hours before any of his friends returned. He supposed a nap wouldn’t hurt but in his mind he knew he just wanted to hold Seohyun for as much as he could. All forms of guilt or remorse were now gone. Screw what Joon would think. It wasn’t a crime to love someone so why should he feel guilty?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eun Jung scoffed as she trekked up the stairs to her room in the beach house. Jang Woo had forgotten to bring his wallet so they had to embarrassingly ask the restaurant owner to give them time to pick up some money. “Stupid Jang Woo and your stupid cute smile…” she groaned. “Making a girl come do your work even though she should be treated like your queen…” Before she headed down the stairs, she decided that it would be good to check up on her sleeping friend.

A small gasp exited when she saw two figures sleeping in each other’s arms. Eun Jung couldn’t deny that the sight seemed so right no matter how wrong it was. Yonghwa and Seohyun looked like a young married couple celebrating their honeymoon. Yonghwa gave of a protecting vibe with the way he held her in a manly embrace. Seohyun’s delicate features showed she was enjoying whatever it was she was dreaming about while being held by him.

“You two…” Eun Jung sighed softly. As much as it killed her to do it, she had to break it up. If Joon or Hyuna had walked in on this, there would have been trouble. “Yah, wake up you ert!” She began to poke Yonghwa’s sides and he immediately shot up, pushing Seohyun’s sleeping form off of him in the process.

“!” Yonghwa exclaimed. “Did anyone else see this?” Eun Jung shook her head no and Yonghwa carefully slid out of the bed. Eun Jung dragged him out of the room all the way to the garden next to the pool and glared at him.

“Are you stupid or do you want to get yourself killed?” the furious girl asked. “You know what could have happened if someone came in there and saw that? Joon would have run down to the kitchen to grab a knife and cut your heart out without hesitating.”

“Eun Jung I’m sick of hiding my feelings!” Yonghwa yelled. The girl took a step back since she hadn’t ever heard Yonghwa raise his voice. She had the one time he got drunk and fought with Jang Woo, but she hadn’t seen him do it sober. “I just want to get it out into the world. Why aren’t I allowed to do that? Why am I treated like a criminal every time I even look at her?”

“Yonghwa please!”

“No, I made up my mind on the day Jang Woo threw that punch at me.” Eun Jung didn’t like the determination in his voice. Yonghwa was a confident guy, but when it came to Seohyun he was usually a big chicken.

“You’re only going to screw up your life if you do anything to interfere,” Eun Jung warned.

“Then let it be so! I don’t care anymore. If I confess to her and she rejects me that will be good. If she tells me she never wants to see me again, then good! That way I’ll be free of her and I’ll be able to move on,” Yonghwa reasoned. Eun Jung wanted to open to say something but she couldn’t. She was sure she would feel the same way if she were in that situation.

“Are you really going to move on if it doesn’t work out?”

“Yeah, I am. I have it all planned out. Eun Jung, this is how much I care for that girl. I’m willing to throw away everything for a chance. I’m pathetic, I’m a loser, so what? At least I’m not afraid to admit that I love her.” Eun Jung sighed and decided to drop the argument against him. She was sure he made up his mind and he was going to do whatever he wanted regardless of what he was told. “Tonight I’m going to tell her everything.”

“You better move on. You promise?” Yonghwa nodded in response to her question and he began to walk back towards the house. “You promised Yonghwa!” she yelled to him in the distance. “You better not go back on your word or else you’ll get a face full of my fist. You know how much that hurts!”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seohyun’s eyes fluttered open, allowing her to note that it was already past 8:00pm. The heat in her body was all gone as well as the insatiable thirst she had felt earlier that day. Her head was still a little cloudy from all the weird dreams she had but she shook all those thoughts away. She tried to remember what was in her dream, but none of it was coming back to her.

“Hey there beautiful,” a male voice called from the darkness. Seohyun yelped and turned her head to where the voice was coming from. “Relax it’s just me.”

“Oh hey Joon,” she greeted groggily. “How long have you been back?”

“Probably less than thirty minutes,” he responded. Seohyun for some reason felt like something was off about his voice. There was a slight shakiness to it. It was the voice he used when he had to tell her something serious was about to happen.

“What’s wrong? Why is it so dark in here? And why are you talking like you’re going to give me bad news? I know you well Lee Joon. Tell me what’s going on.”

“Seohyun, there’s something I have to tell you…” Joon mumbled. Seohyun began to feel the same dryness in she felt while she was sick. An invisible hand began to snake up her neck and slowly squeeze all the air out of her. Joon was never that serious. Something big happened and she began to blame herself for anything that could have happened.

“Wh-what’s wrong?” she stuttered. “Why am I feeling so guilty?” she asked herself in her mind. “Why does it seem like I feel like this is going to be my fault?”

“Today has made me realize a lot of things Seohyun.” Joon’s voice cracked a little while he said her name. She reached over to hit the button on the lamp, but his hand shot out to stop her. “Leave it off, I can’t do this if I see your face. I won’t be able to.”

“Joon, you’re scaring me. Please tell me what’s wrong!” she begged.

“Because of your weaknesses, we can’t do a lot of things together. Because of your father, I can’t take you wherever I want to go or do what I want to do. Because of the way you suddenly fall sick sometimes, I get too worried and feel like dying…” he explained. Seohyun’s throat locked up again and she couldn’t form words. She wanted to beg him to stop blaming her for things she had no control of.

“You’re too much to handle as a girlfriend Seohyun,” Joon admitted. “You’re not girlfriend material. I think we should end this kind of relationship.” Those last few words made her feel as if a load of bricks was placed on her chest. Her heart stopped beating, her lungs stopped breathing, and her brain stopped processing information. Joon was asking her to break up with him. It was a joke, it had to be.

“We’re perfect Joon,” she told him, even though deep down inside she knew that wasn’t true. “You’re perfect. I-I-I don’t understand. We’ve been together for most of our lives,” Seohyun sobbed. Joon stayed silent as he stood up and walked over to the window that had a steady stream of moonlight coming in. The moonlight illuminated his face so she could see the somber expression on his chiseled face.

“We should end this. I can’t be your boyfriend anymore.” Joon walked over to the door and began to roll in some kind of cart. “Do you know why I can’t do this anymore? Do you know why I don’t want you to be my girlfriend anymore?”

Seohyun couldn’t even answer him. The world stopped spinning for her. Nothing made sense. Everything was all wrong. What was happening? Out of nowhere, thoughts of Yonghwa invaded her mind. She wanted him to be there. No, she needed him there. He would help her feel safe again.

The squeaky wheels of a cart made their way across the room while Joon pushed it along. Seohyun’s nose caught the scent of burning phosphorus, the smell of a burning match. The only light in the room, cast long shadows on his serious face. Slowly, more little lights appeared as he seemed to light candles placed on the cart.

“I don’t want you to be my girlfriend because…” he trailed off while lighting what seemed to be the largest thing on the tray. “Because I want you to be my wife.” He flipped on the lights and a tray of candles which surrounded a cake was revealed. In the center of the cake was a diamond ring, a symbol of his love for her.

“Yo-you what? You want me to be what?” she whispered. If she was confused before, she was beyond confused now. What had he just said? He wanted to do what?

“I want to be your husband Seo Joohyun. Will you let me do that?” It took a few more moments for Seohyun to register what was going on. She shifted uncomfortably on the bed and allowed her brain to process the words that had just come out of his mouth.

“Yes! Yes!” Seohyun screamed. The tears that were in her eyes threatening to roll down her cheeks were now flowing uncontrollably. Only now those tears weren’t of despair and sadness, but of happiness and disbelief. “You idiot, you scared me to death.”

“I’m sorry Seohyun. It was a mean way to propose to you, but at least it worked,” Joon joked. He would have continued joking if he hadn’t been silenced by a pair of lips on his mouth.

Even though he was proposing to the girl he had been with for years, he felt guilty. Joon knew deep down inside that he did it because he was guilty about his encounter with Hyuna. Even as Seohyun kissed him he remembered Hyuna’s sweet lips and how he couldn’t get the thought of tasting them out of his head.

Seohyun as well knew she wasn’t all that excited to marry Joon. She too knew that deep down inside she was feeling guilty about her encounters with Yonghwa. Just now she had thought about her best friend, totally ignoring her ‘love’ for Joon. She did want to marry Joon, but this was also an excuse to forget about what she felt for her other best friend recently.

“I know you want to celebrate this with me right now, but I have to go tell everyone the good news!” she squealed. Joon knew her well enough that he wasn’t angry with her silly actions.

“Go ahead, I knew you would be like that.” Seohyun gave him another hug and tore the ring out of the cake without even admiring the shining gemstone in it. She quickly ran to the bathroom to wash out the frosting and ran out the door. Joon chuckled at her antics and allowed himself to lay on the bed for some rest after a very productive day at work.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yonghwa hoped he could keep his promise to Eun Jung that he could move on. He felt like an idiot for actually going through with his plan to confess everything to Seohyun. Only a fool would risk throwing away his entire life based on his love for a girl that wouldn’t be his. He knew he was sacrificing what wasn’t his. No matter what he did, everything would change. The group would go through drastic changes that would affect everyone, not just him.

Even still, he had to do it. Too much time had been wasted and he needed to close that chapter of his life. The butterfly necklace he had been meaning to give her reflected the dim moonlight that came from the full moon. The fire that had been set up beforehand crackled as the tongues of fire consumed the dried wood voraciously. The night breeze flowed through his hair and the soothing sounds of the waves crashing onto the shore made the ambience perfect. If he had only brought his guitar, everything would be more than perfect.

The heart in Yonghwa’s chest began to beat at a faster pace. He felt as if he was going into a college entrance exam without studying or getting called to read in class when he didn’t understand exactly what he was reading. The risk he was taking on this gamble was huge so he wasn’t surprised he felt that way. Now all he needed was for the star of the show to get there.

 

Hey Seohyun I need to talk to you about something. Come to the beach next to the big rock formation we saw on the first day we got here. – Yonghwa

 

Before he could put his phone back into his pocket a response to his text came in.

 

I’ll be there as fast as I can. I have to tell you something great that just happened! – Seohyun

 

“Wow that worked out better than expected,” he said to himself. Yonghwa plopped down onto the picnic blanket he had brought out to sit on and waited eagerly for Seohyun to arrive. He tried to calm himself down as much as he could before she made her entrance or he would probably screw up and ruin everything.

Soon enough, he heard a heavy breathing behind him and greeted the newcomer. “Hey, why did you run here? You could have walked.”

“Let… me… catch… my breath…” she asked of him while inhaling as much air as her lungs could handle. Yonghwa nodded and looked up at the star filled sky. The moon seemed extra-large that night, as if it were a sign for him to go for it. Overall, nothing could make this more perfect. The serene grace of nature seemed to be in his favor, or so he thought.

“What did you need to tell me?” he asked when she finally caught her breath.

“You said you had to tell me something so you go first,” she responded.

“No, ladies first,” Yonghwa insisted. Seohyun sat down next to him on the blanket, but rapidly shot back up and began to pace back and forth. Yonghwa could tell it was something big or else she wouldn’t be so wound up.

“So Joon came back and told me something that really threw me off today,” she began. Yonghwa looked at her expectantly, but had no idea what she was talking about. He became frustrated when she continued to pace back and forth but didn’t continue her story.

“So what did he say?”

“This!” she exclaimed while shoving her hand into his face. He didn’t notice anything in particular until a stray moonbeam hit the gem on her ring and forced him to look at it. That’s when it was his turn to get riled up. He had a suspicion about what that ring was, but he wasn’t sure 100%. “Isn’t it beautiful?”

“Yeah, it’s really pretty…” Yonghwa muttered. It couldn’t be. It had to be a joke. He had to be seeing things. There was no way this was happening to him, not now. “What is it though?”

“It’s an engagement ring. Joon asked me to marry him!” she spazzed. Everything fell silent. His ears no longer caught the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore. The fire, the stars, and the moon were all extinguished. All the light on that beach disappeared, leaving him and Seohyun in the darkness. The only light he could catch was the sparkle of her eyes as she showed off the glinting gem Joon had given her.

“E-eng-engagement ring?” he stuttered. “Like to get married?” Seohyun nodded and once again his surroundings began to change.

The warm summer breeze turned into a cold winter gale. He felt the breeze blow in reverse, all the air out of his lungs. The sand went from a beautiful white, to an angry red. His eyes were playing tricks on him for sure. The waves became violent, threatening to wash away the entire beach if they came any closer.  

“No this can’t be happening. This is all wrong! No!”  Yonghwa yelled internally.

“Yes! I’m going to get married to Joon!”

Those words were the final blow to his ego. ‘Married to Joon’ ran through his head over and over. Just as the world had stopped spinning for Seohyun when Joon played the trick on her, so had his world. All he could hear now was the sound of all of his dreams shattering. Anger, sadness, rage, and despair all threatened to tear him apart. Tears formed in his eyes that he desperately wanted to keep from coming out. The darkness grew stronger in his vision, even blocking out the sight of Seohyun smiling brightly at the thought of marrying Joon.

“Don’t cry Yonghwa. You can’t cry!” he demanded to himself. It was too late for that though. Tears ran down his eyes. Sobs threatened to rack his body and soul from inside to out. “! No! Damn it! I’m too late again! Always so damn late!”

“Yonghwa?” Seohyun asked when she saw him bury his face in his hands. “Are you okay?”

Yonghwa put himself back together quickly when he heard the worry in the woman’s voice. He promised Eun Jung he wouldn’t do this. He had promised himself that it would be over after tonight regardless of what happened. He supposed fate had done this to him for a reason. The walls that existed to keep him away from her were there because it was meant to be. Seohyun was meant to be with Joon and he was always destined to never have her.

“Yeah hehe, sorry,” he apologized after quickly wiping his face with the back of his hand. “I’m just so happy for you two. I can’t believe you idiots finally decided to tie the knot.” Yonghwa lifted his head up and came back to reality. The waves continued to make their usual soothing noises, the moon shone brightly amongst the background of tiny points of light, and the small fire continued to light up the beach. “Sorry for doing this to you.”

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa and believed not a single word that he was saying. She could hear his heart crying out and screaming. At first she thought she was hearing voices, but every word he spoke sounded like his voice as if he were being tortured. He was lying through his teeth. That smile he was flashing her was fake. Nothing was real.

“You’re lying,” she thought. However she couldn’t say it. It didn’t make any sense. If she said that, he would think she was crazy. Why would he be lying? Why would he be screaming out in pain? Yonghwa had just said he was happy that his two best friends were getting married, why would she ever doubt that?

“I thought that fool would never make the move,” he said while quickly bringing her into a hug. “You’re going to be the best married couple ever, I know it.”

To her, Yonghwa’s hug didn’t feel warm; instead it felt like she was hugging a block of ice. She thought to herself that she was probably still a little loopy from when she had passed out so she ignored it. Still, it didn’t feel like he was sincerely congratulating her. Yonghwa broke the contact and shoved his hand into his pocket so he could squeeze the butterfly pendant to calm himself down. Now that was the only thing he had to console him. His promise had to be fulfilled. Today was the end and there was nothing more to it.

“Yonghwa…”

“I’m so happy for you!” he cried out once more. “I’m still in shock.” This time her mind did believe his words. It would be crazy to not believe them as she had no reason not to. “Look, I’m running late for another appointment, so I’ll talk to you later.”

“Wait!” she exclaimed before he got too far. “What did you have to tell me?”

“I was going to tell you some good news but you beat me to the punch. You’ll hear about it from Hyuna tonight. Go back to Joon, I’m sure he really wants to celebrate with you,” he suggested in a truly happy voice.

 All the sadness and anger he felt was repressed and his true feelings of friendship surfaced. After all, Joon and Seohyun were his best friends. When a friend won a battle, you had to congratulate them or else what kind of friend would you be?

“A-alright…” she mumbled before he ran off. Her feet ached to chase him. It took all her will power to not run after him and ask him what was wrong. The day that your boyfriend proposes to you should be the happiest day for any woman. However, she couldn’t feel happy after what Yonghwa had just said. Seohyun couldn’t read him as well as she used to all those years back, but she had the feeling that he wasn’t telling her everything and it made her chest tighten up in pain.

“Are you really okay Yonghwa?” she thought to herself. “Why did it seem like something hurt you?“


_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Run, run, run, run!” Yonghwa told himself. He had to get away. If he was going to end everything tonight, he had to get away. He had to find Hyuna. She was the only way out of it. As if his prayers were heard by some kind of god, he found the small girl walking around aimlessly on the beach. “Hey!”

“Yonghwa? What are you doing here?” she asked in confusion. Yonghwa caught up to her and smiled while trying to catch his breath. Hyuna looked at him as if he had an extra head. “You okay? Why were you running?”

“You know what I’m doing here?” Yonghwa asked. Hyuna shook her head and continued to watch him out of curiosity. “Do you want to find out?”

“Um… sure?” she answered hesitantly.

“This.” Hyuna felt him place a hand on the back of her head and pull her towards him. Usually Hyuna was the one playing games, but this time she had been caught by surprise. Yonghwa forcefully placed his lips on hers, setting her nerves aflame. The unexpected kiss caught her even more off guard when he deepened the kiss and began to use his tongue in ways she didn’t know he could use it in.

“Wow…” she could only say when his lips finally tore themselves away from hers. The kiss had been so much more different than the contact she had with Joon earlier that day.

With Joon, she just wanted to have fun. She just wanted to play games. It was nothing more than a little tease, a taste for pleasure. With Yonghwa it was so different. There was feeling behind it, but she couldn’t tell what it was. All she could tell was that she felt safe, protected and needed. Out of all the men she had kissed in her life, none made her feel like that before.

“Kim Hyuna, I met that girl today. That girl lives here in Busan and I finally ended everything with her. She’s done in my heart and I’m ready to move on.” Hyuna opened her eyes wide and couldn’t believe the words coming out of his mouth. Yonghwa hated lying to her, but he couldn’t tell her the girl was actually Seohyun.

“What?! She lives here? Why was she in Seoul the other day?” Hyuna questioned suspiciously.

“Who cares why she was in Seoul?! I’m done, I’m free!” he excitedly yelled. Part of him was free, but part of him knew he was lying to himself. It didn’t matter to him though. He had to keep his promise, even if he had to pretend. “You said you would wait for me. You said you didn’t care if I had money or not. Let’s see if you’ll actually follow through with that.”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you want to go out with me Hyuna?” Yonghwa asked as he brimmed with confidence. The way he was asking her out was a complete change from the way he was with Seohyun. That other girl held him down, she made him feel weak. He was useless when it came to her. With Hyuna it was different. He knew he could be aggressive and have a backbone with her.

“Screw you heart! I can do this! I can leave Seohyun and never look back at her!” he thought to himself.

Hyuna was the opposite. With other men she could be so aggressive, but with Yonghwa she couldn’t. Even when she tried, she would always become shy in the end. Yonghwa hated that Seohyun turned him into a weakling, but Hyuna loved it. She loved the way Yonghwa was stronger than her, it made her feel protected. “Yes,” she agreed shyly. “I’ll be your girlfriend.”

“You won’t regret it,” Yonghwa assured her even though he didn’t fully believe those words.

“I know I won’t,” she assured him as well.

 

 

Author’s Note: Well if that wasn’t an exciting chapter, I don’t know what was. So our darling Hyun is going to get married to Joonie while Yonghwa will be dating Hyuna. Two huge things that everyone is sure to hate. I'm ready for all your anger though, I was expecting it. I hope I didn't crush you guys too much with  what I did in this chapter. It will all be solved eventually! I promise.