Guess Who?

You Belong With Me

Chapter 23 – Guess Who?

 

** Little note I had since some people were wondering about the rain. It’s not really a foreshadowing for anything. It was just something I put in for them to ‘overcome’ in the last chapter. It was more of a metaphor to symbolize how pretty much everything was against them. If you understood the whole Tanabata festival theme, it shouldn’t have scared ya. Sorry for the confusion haha. If you really want to make something of it, I guess it can represent their future struggles. No, I’m not going to kill off Seohyun as some people asked me o.O **

 

 

Warmth, comfort, safety… those couldn’t even begin to describe the feelings the 26 year old director felt when she finally woke up from her much needed slumber. The red numbers on the clock to her right indicated that it was way past her usual wake up time. 11:37am was a time where she was usually working, not just rolling her sleepy head out of her bed. “Oh …” she cursed under her breath. She supposed she slept that much because she was just that comfortable in Yonghwa’s arms.

Speaking of the choding she professed her love to the night before, he was currently holding onto her waist as if he were keeping her from running away somewhere. Seohyun let out a content sigh when she noticed the protective and possessive way he embraced her. The more she tried to squirm out of his clutches, the fiercer his vice grip became. “Yah!” she exclaimed as she slapped his hands off.

“Aish… do you have to hit me this early in the morning?”

“It’s 11:38am… hardly early in the morning,” Seohyun responded in a condescending voice. “Get up you bum. We have to get ready for today.” The groggy girl slowly stood up, only to be pulled back down onto the blankets with a muffled thud. “Ouch.”

Yonghwa regretted his action when he noticed the telltale signs of Seohyun’s anger: her flared nostrils. “Ah mianhae I didn’t mean to knock you over.” It wasn’t until he started trying a failed attempt at aegyo with some crappy winking thrown in that she finally stopped glaring daggers at him. “We have all day to ourselves. Can’t we just sleep in more?”

As much as Seohyun wanted to take his suggestion, she couldn’t. She had a lot of papers to get ready if she wanted to seal the deal with the owners of the Japanese ports. “I’m busy. I would love to stay here in bed with you but I can’t.”

“Will this change your mind?” Without any other warning, Yonghwa found himself pinning her smaller frame down to the floor. His strong hands grabbed hold of her forearms tightly, as he straddled her hips in a dangerously sensual manner. “Still want to go to work?” he whispered in the huskiest voice he could muster.

“Hey… G-Get off of me,” she stammered. Neither of them knew where his confidence came from. Just last night he was bashful and blushing like a madman. Now he was staring at her like a lion ready to pounce on the unsuspecting antelope in the tall grass.

“Why?” Yonghwa whispered in her ear, letting his breath linger on her sensitive skin for a second longer. “How about we have a little fun instead? With the way you’re breathing hard, I can tell you won’t say no.”

“Yonghwa, this isn’t fu-funny,” Seohyun managed to blurt out. “Get off.”

“Make me,” Yonghwa challenged back. Seeing as how there was absolutely no resistance coming from her direction, he took it as a green light to do as he pleased. Well, he wasn’t actually going to do as he ‘pleased’ since that would definitely not be appropriate for the situation.

Seohyun took in a sharp breath when she felt his right hand cup her cheek lightly. His mouth drew close to hers, forcing her to her lips in anticipation. Yonghwa could only give her a haughty smirk at the way she was putty ready to be molded in his favor. He had her in the palm of his hand and he was sure he could get her to do anything he wanted at the moment.

Finally their lips connected, setting the small sparks between them into a full blown fire. The feeling was foreign to the couple, yet at the same time similar. Seohyun hadn’t ever experienced that kind of mind-blowing hiss with anyone before, not even Joon. While Yonghwa had his fair share of hot episodes with Hyuna, nothing came close to the raw emotion he was putting into kissing Seohyun. The flustered girl felt herself smirk when Yonghwa hesitated to go for a second kiss. His bizarre and newfound confidence was all gone, leaving her to take control of the situation.

“What a kid,” Seohyun pointed out.

“Kid?!” Yonghwa cried out. The blushing young man tried his hardest to take control of the situation by forcing her down once more, but her giggles kept interrupting his ‘manly’ act. “Stop giggling. You’re so damn cute when you do that.”

Seohyun wondered why the hell she ever denied her feelings for Yonghwa. Now that they were a couple, life seemed so much better. Even just breathing a breath of air seemed a million times better than before. “We should have done this years ago,” Seohyun pointed out. “I can’t believe I missed out on an amazing guy like you.”

“I’m not that great,” Yonghwa sheepishly replied while scratching the back of his head. The gesture let Seohyun break free of his grip to get ready for the rest of the day. “You’re leaving?”

“Yeah, did you think I was going to let you take my body that easily?” Seohyun boldly asked. “You better make that first time special cause I won’t lose myself to you just about anywhere. I’m not that easy.”

“Tch… That Hawaii trip says differently,” he muttered under his breath.

Seohyun rolled up her blankets and pillow into a neat bundle, not even giving Yonghwa a second glance. As much as he wanted to pout, complain, and throw a tantrum, he knew he had to let her go. “Go back to sleep or something. Just be ready for the event tonight at 6. I’ll leave without you if I have to.”

“Can I sleep in your room while you work?” Yonghwa begged with puppy dog eyes. Seohyun almost let him come along with her until she realized she would be changing out of her pajamas to take a shower and then into her work clothes. All of that was peekworthy no matter how she thought of it. As she said before, she wasn’t that easy.

“How about, you go to sleep in this room and leave me alone? I know you’re a very ‘excited’ young man, but I need my work space. Stay here Yongie,” she teased as if she were an older sister scolding her little brother.

“Ne noona,” he called back sarcastically.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After an agonizing six hour break where Seohyun did nothing but prepare for her event, it was finally time for them to be back together.  Yonghwa felt silly in his formal attire, but it’s not like he had a choice in the matter. The mirror reflected back a figure clad in a pair of black slacks, a black jacket over a white shirt, and a silver silk tie. He felt like he looked to plain for the occasion, but that was the best he was going to do with what he had.

Seohyun stepped out of her room now wearing the dress she would wear to the event. If she was honest with herself, she found the dress a little too low cut for her taste. Ji Min, her closest team member, told her that it fit her perfectly but she wasn’t so sure. “You look amazing,” her boyfriend called out from behind as she spaced out thinking about how awkward the dress was.

Yonghwa couldn’t help but be stunned at the way Seohyun was dressed. The black dress fit her slim body in a y, but still elegant way. It was simple, except for the pink-purple design on her chest. The fact that it was strapless showed off as much of her pale shoulders as humanly possible. The cut was low enough where most of her modest cleavage was out for the world to see. He stifled a laugh at the way she tried to obviously hide her exposed cleavage with her long, wavy, dark brown hair. Besides the hair, the one other thing covering her chest was the butterfly pendant he gave her long ago. Yonghwa, not being the tallest guy in the world, could do without was the black pair of heels she wore since it almost made her taller than him. She was simple enough to match his equally simple style for the night.

“Stop staring at my chest,” Seohyun timidly chastised. “I think I’m going to change, it’s too much.” Yonghwa’s hand shot out to grab hold of her arm in protest. His reassuring stare made her feel a little more comfortable, but not by much.

“I’m sorry, you’re just so beautiful. I would be lying to you if I told you that you didn’t look mouthwatering right now,” Yonghwa crudely confessed.

“Mouthwatering? That’s really disturbing Yonghwa,” Seohyun spat back. “Let’s not get into your weird fantasies about me and let’s head out.”

The pair spent the next ten minutes walking to the convention center that was conveniently nearby to the inn they stayed at. Yonghwa spent the entire walk there trying his hardest to convince her to admit she wanted to be ‘naughty’ too. He didn’t want to be the only one being called a ert that night. “We’re here,” Seohyun pointed out. Soon enough, they were guided into the main ballroom that was elegantly decorated for the occasion.

“Looks like your mansion in here,” Yonghwa pointed out in awe. “They even have a red carpet out for us.” Seohyun rolled her eyes at his obvious comments, while guiding him over to their reserved spot.

“Director!” Ji Min’s voice sounded over the crowd of important people. “Wah~ you look stunning. Annyeonghaeseyo Yonghwa-sshi. You look nice as well.”

“Kamsahamnida Ji Min-sshi,” Yonghwa thanked with a small nod of his head. Yonghwa looked up at Seohyun’s coworkers with concern when he realized they all looked like they had just seen a ghost. He caught on quickly, realizing they were staring at the way he and Seohyun’s arms were locked together.

Myung Joo of course was fuming. The nerdy-looking man glared daggers in Yonghwa’s direction in a very obvious manner. Yonghwa almost laughed at the way he was making his ‘rival’ jealous. “I’d like to formally introduce you guys to my best friend for 20 years and boyfriend, Jung Yonghwa.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jung Yonghwa. Pleased to meet you all,” he greeted formally with a bow.

“Ne!?” Myung Joon cried out. “Ah, chukhahamnida. Really congratulations,” he whined. The crowd followed his running figure while he made a dash for the bathroom. Seohyun just shrugged towards Yonghwa as if it didn’t matter that her assistant’s heart had just shattered into a million tiny shards.

“Ignore him,” Seohyun suggested. “Anyways, I have to go greet everyone. Sorry I have to ditch you Yonghwa but I can’t just sit around.”

Yonghwa knew what he came to the formal party for, so he had no right to protest. He silently agreed to her terms before letting her run off to find the group of investors she would have to strike a deal with. He hoped she would be back fast, but he knew that wasn’t the case. The only thing Yonghwa could do was fiddle with his phone in order to not feel awkward around the party of complete strangers.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The minute hand on his watch struck the 8:00pm spot, indicating that two hours had already gone by. He was honestly now starting to get a little frustrated with the way that things were working out. Tomorrow afternoon they would be headed back to Korea, meaning tonight was the last night they would be alone. “Ugh,” he groaned, walking out of the bathroom dejectedly.

Yonghwa made his way towards the giant ballroom where the light sound of piano music filled the atmosphere. Before he could make it out of the hallway, a pair of hands covered his eyes. When the person behind him, didn’t let him go, he supposed it was time to play a good old game of “Guess Who?”

“Yah, stop playing tricks on me and let’s go back inside alright?” he suggested, believing it was Seohyun that was behind him. When he didn’t get a response, he tried his hardest to pull the delicate hands off of his face. “Seohyun, this little game is getting old. Let’s just get it over with.”

Yonghwa soon found himself being spun around, landing straight into a passionate kiss. Immediately, he realized he wasn’t kissing the girl he made his girlfriend the night before. His eyes shot open rapidly, revealing a horrific sight. A woman with jet black hair, large brown eyes, and tanned skin tried her hardest to keep her lips locked onto his.

“Yah!” he yelled breathlessly when he managed to throw the familiar woman off of him. “You? What the hell are you doing here?”

“It’s been a long time handsome,” the sultry woman replied. “You don’t seem happy to see me. Well, I guess that’s expected.”

Yonghwa scoffed at the conceited tone the girl in front of him was using. There was just no way someone could be so arrogant and egocentric, but then again, he supposed she could find out how. He looked her from head to toe, a gesture that made her smirk grow. It made her believe that he was checking her out, when in reality he was only trying to see if his eyes were playing tricks. “Kim Hyuna… I knew you’d make an appearance back in my life again. What gives? Why’d you kiss me?”

“Why did I kiss you? Well isn’t it obvious? I kissed you because I wanted to. What other reason do I need?” Hyuna asked back. Yonghwa almost spat on the floor in disgust. The fact that he just shared a kiss with Hyuna made him want to vomit in revulsion.

“You’re a shameless aren’t you?” Yonghwa insulted. “What the hell is your problem? Why are you even here?”

“Joonie decided it was about time we came back to Korea. I didn’t want to come, but seeing that you’re here I think I made the right choice.” Yonghwa couldn’t believe the words coming out of the girl’s mouth. She was speaking so casually about her husband of three years, yet she was trying to seduce him at the same time. He was at a loss of words for her shamelessness.

“Joonie? That piece of is here too?” he growled. “Where is he? I still have a score to settle with him.”

Hyuna let the triumphant smirk gracing her features grow even bigger. She felt empowered by the fact that Yonghwa wanted to fight Joon. Sadly, she was mistaken. “Aw you’re fighting over little old me? Are you mad that he took me away from you? I’m growing a little bored of him. Do you want to take me back?”

Yonghwa scoffed so loudly he was sure he damaged his throat a little from it. “Did you really just say that Hyuna? Do you really think I want you back in my life? You’re a disgusting human being that is driven by greed and lust. I regret every single second I wasted by your side.”

Those words cut Hyuna’s pride like a jagged blazing blade. After so many years of wanting him by her side, she eagerly awaited her encounter with him. Now the only thing she was receiving was insults that genuinely hurt her. “It’s that isn’t it? That that broke your heart all those years ago is still in your head. You lied to me when you said you were forgetting her didn’t you?” Hyuna interrogated in a hurt voice.

Once again the astounded young man found himself flabbergasted. “Umm… did I just hear you right? Are you offended because I lied to you? You… Kim Hyuna of all people… You’re reproaching me for lying?”

Hyuna’s smirk continued to shrink into a frown as Yonghwa’s questions transformed into a full blown laugh. The suit clad man laughed as if he was hearing the funniest joke the world had ever produced. “Is she here with you? I bet she is. Tell me who it is right now!”

Yonghwa’s laughter was cut short by the threatening command. “… Seohyun is wearing the necklace…” he thought to himself. While he didn’t have any moral reasons to answer to Hyuna, he couldn’t let her find out about Seohyun. Hyuna was a sly fox that would stop at nothing to get her way. If Seohyun was discovered in this unexpected way, she wouldn’t be safe.

“Hyuna why are you yelling? This party is…” a male voice trailed off from behind her. “Yonghwa yah…”

At that moment Yonghwa was possessed by bloodlust and vengeance. The same spirit of bloodthirst possessed him as it had in the airport on the day of the wedding. Without any thought, his fist was flying towards Joon’s unsuspecting jaw. “Bastard… Trash… You poor excuse for a human! You dare call me ‘Yonghwa yah’ as if I was your friend?”

“I’m so sorry for everything,” Joon replied, nursing his bleeding lip. “I know I don’t deserve it but I’m going to ask anyways.”

“Forgiveness? You deserve to be beat to death! The last thing I’ll ever do in my life is forgive you,” Yonghwa bitterly spat at his former friend. On the inside, it hurt to say that to someone that he considered his brother for so long. For over 15 years they spent moments of pure joy as well as the darkest sorrow. Yet, those memories were all blocked out by the image of Seohyun’s melancholic cries in his arms.

Joon also felt the heartbreak his ex-best friend experienced. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Seohyun didn’t deserve what I did to her. You didn’t deserve it. I regret ever lying. But…”

“But what?” Yonghwa angrily asked.

“But I don’t regret loving Hyuna. I never will.”

“Keep that in line Joon. It saddens me to see you throwing your life away for her. She threw her whole life away for your money, I wouldn’t trust her as much as you do,” Yonghwa pointed out. “I’m warning you and your wife to stay 50 kilometers away from anything I hold dear.”

With those words Yonghwa walked away from the pair of traitors that ruined his and Seohyun’s lives with their betrayal. He wanted to drive his fist so hard into Joon’s skull that it came out the other end. While he was standing over him, he wanted to take his tie and choke him with it. Yet, inside of him there was a tiny whisper that told him to forgive the misguided man. That miniscule murmur kept him from slaughtering Lee Joon. Without any hesistation, Yonghwa pulled out his phone to warn his girlfriend of the impending danger.

 

Take off the necklace and meet me as soon as possible. – Yonghwa

Why? Let’s meet up, explain everything to me slowly. I’m in the front lobby. – Seohyun

I’ll tell you everything. Just take off the pendant as soon as possible. You’ll see why. - Yonghwa

                                                                                  

Yonghwa slid the phone sloppily back into his coat pocket before running off to find Seohyun. If Hyuna found her before taking of that necklace, she could possibly die that night. Joon’s wife was still obsessed with him as he could tell from the kiss they shared. He wouldn’t put it past her to be a legitimate threat.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the lobby, Seohyun waited anxiously for Yonghwa to arrive. Luckily the deal went by smoothly with the Japanese management. If she had to deal with a serious issue before the deal was set, she wouldn’t have been able to keep her calm. “You’re here too? Figures… Yonghwa wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you.”

The waiting woman was paralyzed on the spot at the cold voice to her right. “H-Hyuna…”

“You’ve changed Seohyun ah. You actually look presentable now,” Hyuna belittled. Anger welled up inside the pit of Seohyun’s stomach. The woman that singlehandedly destroyed her life for a period of time stood in front of her after so long. However, she also felt afraid. The insecurity she felt when she was next to Hyuna resurfaced. The tanned woman in front of her always knew how to shine brighter than her. That fact made Seohyun feel inferior. 

“What are you doing here..?” Seohyun asked in a raspy voice.

“Joon was invited to the event. We’re returning to Korea after so long. I didn’t expect to see you after so long though. It’s good to see an old friend,” Hyuna cockily explained.

“Friend? We’re not friends Hyuna. We never were friends,” Seohyun replied in a firmer voice.

Hyuna’s overbearing sneer made its comeback after having been brought out for Yonghwa moments earlier. “You’re right. I couldn’t be friends with a loser like you. Always too sick to even get out of bed… Always too nice to deny a friend a favor… That’s why you lost to me in everything.”

“No…” Seohyun resolutely retorted.

“What was that?”

“I didn’t lose anything to you. I have everything I could ever dream of at the moment. Good friends, my father, a career that I love, and even someone to look over me. You..? You aren’t happy. I can see it on your face. You’re attacking me because you need to feel better about yourself,” Seohyun answered with the same disdainful smile on her face. “Pathetic …”

“What? I’m what?” Hyuna cried in disbelief.

“You’re pathetic. Keep Joon for all I care, he’s trash after all. You two beasts belong together anyways.” Seohyun for once felt a million times superior to Hyuna. After thinking she was so lacking compared to the strong and independent woman, Seohyun was empowered. Hyuna for the first time ever was left speechless by the previously weak girl.

Seohyun threw her chin up proudly before brushing past Hyuna with a vain step.  If it hadn’t been for the way Hyuna grabbed onto her arm, she would have gotten away with a clean getaway. “Take it all back. You think a feeble thing like you can call me out like that? You’ve forgotten your place Seohyun ah...”

“Cut the friendly bull out. I’m Director Seo to you Kim Hyuna-sshi,” Seohyun acidly countered. “I don’t have anything to talk to you about. The one that forgot her place is you. Or did you forget that you used to be-”

“Don’t say anything. That was the past,” Hyuna interrupted. From up close, Hyuna got a good look at Seohyun’s exposed neck. Luckily, Yonghwa’s advice reached Seohyun early. Had it not, Hyuna would surely have thrown a hissy fit. “Anyways, I think we’re done. Where’s Yonghwa? He might want to have fun still.”

“Yonghwa doesn’t even want to see you,” Seohyun quickly shot back. “Stay the hell away from us.”

“Oh… you talk as if you were his wife. If I didn’t know better I would think you two were dating,” Hyuna coldly noted. The chill in her words was enough to force a shiver out of Seohyun’s spine. Yonghwa was right to believe that Hyuna shouldn’t see the necklace. “The kiss we shared wasn’t as hot as I would have liked it but it’ll do for now. Don’t worry; I don’t intend to deal with you anymore than I have to.”

“What are you saying? You kissed Yonghwa?” Seohyun incredulously inquired.

“Well, it’s not your business. However, that in his heart… she’s got to go. I can’t believe that he’s still in love with her.” Seohyun’s head spun in confusion, threatening her with a fainting spell. “I’ll make sure to find a way to get her out of his head.”

Without thinking, Seohyun let her hand strike Hyuna’s cheek with a resounding clap. “Pathetic piece of garbage. Then again what can I expect from a like you?”

Seohyun’s body reacted out of reflex to brace herself when Hyuna’s hand raised itself to reciprocate the action. Instead of feeling the sting of the strike, she felt another presence next to her. “We’re leaving Hyuna. Don’t make a scene here.”

The voice forced Seohyun to focus on the man holding Hyuna’s hand. “J-Joon…”

Memories of the heartbreaking day she was ditched at her own wedding rushed back to her. The wasted seven years of her life haunted her thoughts. Everything she went through to realize she was a naïve and stupid little girl tugged on her heart strings. Even though he did her a huge favor by pushing her towards the true love of her life, she still felt a raging sadness inside of her.

“Leave Hyuna. I’ll meet you in the car,” Joon informed her. “Leave.” Hyuna in no mood to be humiliated further, followed his orders resentfully.

“Secretary Kim, look up where Jung Yonghwa lives. Find out everything about him. Especially anything having to do with a woman,” Hyuna ordered the suit wearing man waiting by her expensive car.

“Ne samonim (meaning the wife of a company president),” he politely replied. “I’ll have the report to you the afternoon.”

“Ani, I need it by tomorrow morning, before I get on the plane,” Although unwillingly, her secretary nodded in agreement.

“I’ll find your little love Yonghwa. She’s not getting away from me for much longer,” Hyuna chuckled to herself.

“Seohyun,” Joon muttered. Unexpectedly, the formally dressed man dropped to his knees. “Forgive me.” His head was bowed so low, she was sure it was making contact with the white tiles under him. “I wronged you with what I did. I regretted leaving you like that every single day of my life. You’re such a good person that didn’t deserve it.”

Tears welled up in Seohyun’s eyes. Those tears weren’t sorrow-filled but rather tears of fury. There were no lingering feelings for Lee Joon in her heart besides the blazing anger and contempt she had for him. “I’ll never forgive you, ever. I don’t care that you left me, that’s in the past. However, I’ll never forgive you for lying to me. You and Hyuna will rot in hell without ever hearing my forgiveness. Beg all you want.”

“Seohyun, I’m so sorry. I’ve done so much wrong…” Joon cried, tears streaming down his cheeks. Seohyun could tell he was genuinely sorry. Joon wasn’t ever a bad person. She knew he didn’t do it deliberately to hurt her as Hyuna might have. However, she couldn’t ever find it in her to have mercy.

“Leave,” Yonghwa growled. “Don’t appear in front of us again. Because of the friendship I used to have for you, I’m going to let you go alive.” Yonghwa walked from the ballroom towards the girl standing in the middle of the lobby to comfort her. “You heard her answer, so beat it.”

Joon dusted his knees as well as wiped the salty liquid off of his face. His eyes were downcast, not having even the slightest intention of staring at his two old friends in the face. “Gomawo Yonghwa, I almost forgave the bastard,” Seohyun thanked him. “I don’t want to have so much hate in me but I don’t want to forgive him either.”

“I’m with you. It broke my heart to remember the way I used to love him like a brother.” Seohyun brought him into a quick hug to shed the resentment she felt for the recently departed couple. “Listen… I have to tell you something,” Yonghwa guiltily began to explain. “I kind of kissed Hyuna. I didn’t mean for it to happen, she caught me off guard. I’ll understand if you’re mad.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll only be mad if you do it again,” she teased. “Let’s go back in. The director of the event told everyone I can play the piano and sing so I have to perform for them.”

“Yahhhhhhhh~ my girl is so talented isn’t she? Of course she has to be since she’s dating a perfect guy like me,” Yonghwa playfully taunted in response. “Are you okay for that though? You look pretty pale. Let’s tell them you’re not feeling well.”

“No, I can’t,” Seohyun responded in an obviously weary voice. “Just let me perform okay?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hello everyone,” Seohyun greeted in English. “I hope that you can all be entertained by my music. I know I am lacking so please understand.” Yonghwa rolled his eyes at the humble way she spoke into the microphone on stage. The only thing that worried him was that she seemed rather weak from the stress Hyuna gave her.

 

(Song time! Good Person by T-ara. Really good song in my opinion. The message fits just right if you really think about the lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omWF-kT_fHg&feature=related )

Wearing clothes that you liked
Walking the street we used to walk together
If you happen to meet me
You might regret throwing me away

A person who will love only me is a good person in anyone’s eyes
He who’s beside me and protecting me, instead of you

Everyone says I look happy because
My love is better, they say it’s a good thing
To that person, I’ll be sorry forever
It’s my love that will make you suffer

To the spectators in the crowd, it would seem that Seohyun was sadly singing about how she wanted the man that left her to suffer because she still loved him. Yonghwa knew this wasn’t the case. The poor girl was just throwing away her last painful memories that she had of Lee Joon. He hadn’t expected her to sing such a sad song, but luckily half of the people present wouldn’t even understand it.

You look at me with an innocent heart
This person is loving me, caring for me, instead of you

Everyone says I look happy because
My love is better, they say it’s a good thing
To that person, I’ll be sorry forever
It’s my love that will make you suffer

If you see me being happy, please suffer
I hope you cry and regret throwing me away

Though I smile, my heart is crying
I hope you’re in pain, though I’m suffering more
I’m telling myself I’m happy, and I can be happier
Though I’m trying to lie to my heart, it won’t listen

It made him happy but sad at the same time to hear her finish the song. Yonghwa knew that after that, she would be free of the torment Hyuna and Joon had given her. Yet, he couldn’t help but share her sadness. The person she referred to in the song as the good person was definitely him. She sang about how she would be sorry for the rest of her life to him because the past would always haunt her. Yonghwa didn’t care about that though. As long as she loved him like she claimed in the song, it didn’t matter what he went through.

After another few hours of praises for being so young and talented, Seohyun had a chance to rest. Yonghwa tried to force her to sit at their table many times, but she was much too stubborn to control. A quick trip to the bathroom to wash her face refreshed her out of the feverish state she was experiencing.

Seohyun wearily shuffled back to meet Yonghwa in the now empty ballroom where he waited for her to head out. As she approached the large room, she heard the familiar jingle of piano keys being played. Yonghwa was sitting on the bench tapping random keys as he waited. “Hey, ready to go?”

“In a bit,” he replied absentmindedly. “Are you okay now?”

“I’m pretty tired. I haven’t been this active in so long. I forgot how fragile I really was. I’m glad I didn’t faint mid party,” Seohyun commented.

Silence was the only answer she received from Yonghwa. All he did was stare at his fingers while tapping the same note over and over again. “You know life is a lot like this piano.”

“How?”

“Well the white keys are the happiness in life. The black keys are the sadness that comes after. As much as we hate playing the black keys, it’s necessary in order to create a melody. Seohyun, I’m going to be like these white keys in your life,” Yonghwa explained to her. “I’ll try my best to play a happy tune, but I won’t be able to protect you from hitting a sour key every now and then. If you’re by my side, Hyuna is going to try to ruin you. She didn’t say anything, but I know it. The second she finds out we’re dating, she’s going to cut your heart out. The woman is obsessed.”

“I’m a big girl Yonghwa. I think I’ll be fine,” Seohyun replied in feigned confidence. “Besides, when did you learn to be so cheesy? That piano quote is cringe worthy.”

“I read it somewhere…” he replied sheepishly. “You know you never let a guy have his moment do you?”

Seohyun leaned into to give him a kiss to shut him up, which he eagerly puckered up for. “Wait… hell no! I’m not going to kiss you. Have fun fantasizing about your little plaything Hyuna. I bet you enjoyed kissing her!”

“Seohyun wait!” Yonghwa called out disappointedly. “I told you it wasn’t real. Don’t do this to me.”

The girl took off her heels before running off towards the exit. Yonghwa smiled when he realized Seohyun was on her way to being okay with the fact that Joon and Hyuna were back in their lives. Even though she was acting angry, the giggles escaping betrayed her. “You better act like this every day you crazy girl. You’ll need the laughs to get through the days to come.”

 

 

Author’s Note: Well finally a new update. Sorry I’m not updating as quick as I used to. I’m going through a slump and some writer’s block. The momentum I had for the story kind of died out. Really don’t know where the hell I’m going with the story honestly. I’m kind of just writing down what comes to my head. I won’t ever ditch it so don’t worry.

 Yay I cut down this chapter somewhat compared to the earlier ones. 5300ish (not counting notes and the song) words compared to the 6000-7000 I’ve been at since chapter 10. I know some people want longer updates, but I think it’s become a problem. I’m going to try to ramble less about nobody cares about. It’s still something I have to work on though. I’ll evaluate everything and make everything good for everyone.  Sorry for typos. Writing at 3am .

So yay Hyuna is back. As usual, the creepy obsessive in my stories makes a comeback. Things are going to get really damn crazy from now on.