Chapter 9

Underneath

 

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon International Airport, local time is 12:35, and the local temperature is.....

 

She twists and turn on her seat, groaning as she felt a bit sore from an uncomfortable sleeping position. Her hair falling carelessly on her shoulders as she wore a baseball cap and sun glasses to avoid getting recognized, or more like to hide her make-up free face from public scrutiny.

She came back a little earlier than she had planned because something came up, so she packed her bags right away after hearing the bad news.

So here she is, back in Seoul.

 

The plane finally came to a stop, after all the bumpy landing that would alert a normal person, Chaerin, however, was nowhere near awake, in fact she was sleeping so soundly that she was the last one to go off board.

 

After getting her luggage, she immediately took out her phone.

 

I’m very sorry to hear the news, i’m back in Seoul and i’m coming right over,

stay strong minji-ah!

 

Right after texting minzy, she went to dial dara but her dial tone was busy so she called Bom next.

 

“Unnie, i’m back already, and i’m coming right over to minzy’s, wanna come with?”

“Chaerin ah!  You’re back! of course i’ll join you, maybe a little later ok? I’m picking up something to brighten up our maknae,  you know, she’s not really handling her grandma’s loss quite well.”

“I’m sure she’s gonna be fine, but while you’re picking up something for her, make sure not to stain it with whatever you’re eating right now unnie.”  CL joked because she heard slurping sounds coming from the other line.

“Aigoo, i’m just enjoying our freedom from hwangssabu,but seriously i still feel so oppressed right now.” She complained.

“Just kidding unnie, don’t worry i got you girls some stuff, oh there’s the cab, just text me where i’ll meet you,arasso? gotta go!”

“Alright, as long as you got something for me, see ya later!”

 

Wearing casual clothes and a wig to cover her red hair, Bom continued to eat and enjoy her meal in some fancy restaurant. She wasn’t lying when she said  she’s picking something up for minzy, but she got too distracted when she saw food,  so she opted to satisfy her gastric needs first before anything else.

While she was busy in her own wonderland, a couple came to sit on the table at her back.

She was right about to get up from her seat after she was done with her meal when something caught her eyes...or should i say ears.

She heard a familiar voice that she knows very well, cause after all, not much men in korea have that same kind of voice. 

She was so sure it was him that she decided to spy..i mean stay for a little while.

He had his back facing hers, so there’s no way he could see Bom.

 

 

 

 

“I heard a lot of good things about you oppa... i mean, if that’s alright with you that i call you oppa?” The girl sitting with  “him” said, acting all so cutely.

“uhmm.. i guess so.” He replied dryly, looking aimlessly at the menu.

 

 

 

“So... how many times have your mother had set you up on a blind date oppa?”

He was a little surprised, this girl is kinda straight forward, normally, he would hear this question somewhere after what’s your hobby question and answer portion or not hear it at all.

So they conversed for a while and he told her about his misfortunes in his past dates which earned him a lot’s of laughter from the girl.

He was actually enjoying talking about those things because he never really told it to his friends, he was just too embarrassed to share it.

Barely touching their meals for laughing too hard, the girl excused herself to the ladies room.

 

Bom was trying to digest all the information and from what she heard from them, the girl’s name is Shin Min Ah. 22 years old whom his mother set him up with, an upcoming actress, if she heard it right.  As the said girl was walking , a crazy idea popped in Bom’s  mind, so she walked sneakily behind her, fixing her glasses as she followed.

The “girl” went inside the cubicle and Bom hastily took out a piece of paper and pen from her bag and wrote down a few words. For some unknown reason, she was able to paste the paper in the mirror, right in front of Min ah’s cubicle, then she looked around her shoulder if there was anyone else around. She heard Min ah unlock her door, so she walked away as fast as she can.

She walked to the faucet and then stared at her reflection, then her attention focused on the tiny little piece of paper. She took a closer look and gasped out of horror.

 

Here’s what the paper says:

 

 

 

 

Shin min ah, you better stay away from my man if you don’t want to be skinned alive - :)

 

 

                                                ---------------------------------------

 

Min ah was creeped out by what she read that she told Top she was needed home right away, he wasn’t quite convinced; he could tell it wasn’t the truth.

 

That’s a first... Top thought. Never in his whole dating experience did this ever happen. Usually, he’s the one using that line, and quite frankly, he wasn’t gonna use that today cause he’s enjoying her company. It was very odd for him considering that he knows very well that girls flock over good lookin guys, let alone an idol, and the fact that the girl dismiss herself from his glorifying hotness was a mystery to him.

So he was left by himself, He picked up the bill and walk out of the restaurant.

                                                ----------------------------------

 

“Chaerin! Over here!” Bom waved her hand to CL to catch her attention.

“Unnie!” she hugged her friend.

“Omo, you look like you lost so much weight, and why do you look so pale? Thought you said you we’re going to go hit some waves, but it looks more like you were stuck all day in an indoor pool!”

 

“Unnie! You’re so mean!” CL whined like a five year old.

Bom couldn’t help but laugh, then her phone beep.

 

“oh, Dara said she’ll join us too.” Bom said after reading the message.

 

After a few minutes...

 

“PUDONG AH!!!” a loud voice came to surprise the two girls.

“SSANTOKI!!” cl cried and greeted her friend with a hug.

The two started talking so fast, laughing and exchanging a few words about their little vacation of their own when they finally realized that they’re not the only one around.

 

“Oh, don’t mind me, i’m not really here...” Bom said in a sarcastic tone after feeling a little left out.

The two girls looked at Bom and then each other, and then laugh in chorus. Bom had her arms folded on her front.

“Aigoo, Bommie, seriously, i just saw you yesterday, and the day before that, and the day...” Dara said in a mocking tone.

 

“Oh well, girls look at the time, we gotta get going if we wanna be good friends of minzy!” Bom didn’t let her finish,  she clings her arms on both girls and made their way to her car but..

 

“Oh,silly me! i almost forgot! Jiyong’s with me! I got too excited to meet you girls i left him in the parking lot!” Dara said feeling so stupid for leaving her boyfriend, so she told the girls she’d join him in the car while they’ll follow bom’s car, since she’s the one who knows the way to Minzy’s.

 

 

                                                    --------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Bom was driving while talking a lot, telling CL about the cute chef she met and her little adventures she made on that short amount of time (adventure for bom would mean food trip of all the exotic kinds).

As she was passionately talking about food, she didn’t realize that her supposedly listener was spacing out even before she started talking.

She had her eyes on the side mirror all throughout the ride. Staring intently at the car that was following them.

 

 

 

Dara, you’re such a lucky girl

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

nakakaloka! (it means uhmm..i'm getting crazy, literally what i said after rereading it)

i kinda thought this was a long chap but i guess it's not, only the actual writing it took long. i'm really sorry guys if i'm not updating more frequently as i should. I can't promise you more frequent updates, but i'll do my best to finish this in a year! lol like that'll help. Actually, i was supposed to update last week but i was busy fangirling over our CL-ROO!  i was waiting like crazy for concert videos and all that stuff.  sheesh, and may i just add that the korean blackjacks don't upload fast, so i'm really excited for their US tour, cause i know it'll be in youtube right away. 

anywho, back to my story, after rereading it, i feel like i left more mystery than answers... oh well, but isn't that much better than the cliche story plots we've read a hundred times? 

alright i'll stop, my a/n is getting longer than the actual update, hehe