chapter 2

Underneath

 

“Should i go with this girly look or should i just stick to my awesome comfy jeans and blouse?” dara twist and turned in front of the life sized mirror, wearing a short,white laced dress.

 

“Uhmm, i think that one’s pretty, it’s more appropriate if you’re going on a date unnie.” Cl said matter-of-factly while sitting on the couch.

 

“She’s right, those jeans are so out of the question.” Bom interjected while eating in the corner.

 

“But i’ve no idea where were going but i still wanna look nice and comfortable.”

 

Chaerin stood up from the couch and went to dara’s closet. She look through the hangers and found a tight brown leggings.

 

“How bout you wear this one so you’ll be more comfortable and still look chic?” cl handed it to dara.

 

“Good one chae! I’ll try it on.” Dara said and wore the leggings and finally when her hair and makeup is done, she said her goodbyes to the girls.

 

The sun was shining bright outside and it was a good thing it was their day off from rehearsals and all the girls had plans to do, bom will go shopping with her sis, minzy visited her family, dara went on a date and the leader, well, she didn’t have any plans. She was too workaholic, and she doesn’t know the meaning of fun, so here she is, alone at the dorm, doing what she knows how to do best, sleeping. It’s her only refuge from all the stress of her nonexistent love life, where she can just forget that her best friend is happy with Jiyong, while she is all alone.

 

All the girls has left the dorm except Chaerin.  Not long after she plop down to her bed, she heard a ringing sound. Not from her own phone, so she went to find where it came from, and then she saw a phone lying on Dara’s bed.

 

“Sheesh, she left her phone.” She saw the screen and without thinking, she click the message and read the text. It was from Jiyong.

 

Baby, can’t wait to see you! We’ll be going to the theme park, I hope you’ll like it!”

 

She felt her heart was stab and she felt sad again,  but then she remembered Dara has no phone, and she doesn’t know where they’re going.

They might not see each othershe thought, so she replied to jiyong

 

Jiyong oppa, this is chae,  dara unnie left her phone.

 

After  short while Jiyong replied

 It’s alright hunchae, she knows where we’ll meet first. Anyway, why are you at the dorm at such a beautiful day? Why don’t you come join us were going to the amusement park, just like the old days.

 

As she read the message, she remembers how he would take her there. He would wear his disguise,  while she just dresses normally, since she was not famous yet, and they ride everything they could scaring their butts off but they had fun  like they were little kids. But that was before, and now everything’s change, he was with her, and they seem happy, so she replied

No thanks oppa, i’m good,i just wanna have a rest, you know me, i’m such a sleepyhead.

 

Then he texted back

 

Alright hunchae, have a good sleep :)

 

 

She went to bed again and shut her eyes, hoping she could just forget everything. She tossed and turned,  while holding her life sized rilakkuma , or more like choking it if it could only breathe, then she finally gave up.

Who am I kidding?

She got up and decided she needs to go somewhere...

 

 

 

 

 

What a beautiful day, it would be a waste if i just stay all day in the dorm anyway.  Tsk, who needs a boyfriend? I can come to the park anytime i want.   She thought to herself as she sat on one of the benches. She wore a baseball cap and hid her blonde locks, then wore an oversized hoodie to complete her look.

She came to the theme park where Jiyong used to take her, it was just an ordinary theme park, so she thought there’s no way he’ll take his girlfriend at such a shabby place.  She stood up and decided to go for a ride in a rollercoaster, and as she was about to go pay at the ticket booth, her jaw drop.

 

She saw the familiar white lace dress worn by Dara. She was standing a few feet away from her, with jiyong right next to her. Chaerin was frantic not to get caught, so she decided to hide behind some people. She still kept her eyes on the two. She made a mental note to herself not to go back here again.

 

But her curiosity got the best of her, so she followed the two behind their back. She walks sneakily behind them as the two did coupley things, although she hates it, she just couldn’t seem to make herself turn around.  They were holding hands as they made their way into a ferries wheel. The line was short so they were able to  go in smoothly. As they hopped on and lock the door, she fled into the next one as soon as she was out of their view.

 

She was a few passenger car away from them, and it was quite a big for a single person, so the ferris wheel guy kinda look at her strangely as if waiting for her to tell him to lock it already, but suddenly..

“hold it! Can i hop in?” a guy with a deep voice, gasping for air looking like he just run a marathon suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Now it was her turn to look at him strangely

Why does this guy sound familiar?

The two stared at each other for a while, the other is kinda impatient because he’s running away from her, or more like them. After the stare game, the ferris wheel guy was getting impatient.

“Excuse me but what’s your answer miss, the line is getting longer you know.” The ferris wheel guy said.

“Uhm, i guess its ok.” She said unsurely, but there was something about this strange guy that’s seems familiar to her that she let him in even if he was a stranger. And fyi She knows karate so she was confident.

 

 

As the wheel started to run, the guy who sat on the opposite side of her, who seems to be wearing a wig, looked relieved as he stared at bunch of girls on the ground.

While he was doing this, she stared at him, forgetting for a moment that she was here to spy jiyong and dara. She was racking her brain on who this guy might be, until he stopped looking at the window and look at her right in the eyes.

 

“Thanks for letting me in, i was tryin to..” then he was suddenly cut by chaerin.

“Top oppa? Is that you?”

“Wait, how did you..” as he was talking, chaerin took of her cap and revealed her face.

“Chaerin?  Well well well, what a small world.” A smile formed on his face,as he also removed the wig he was wearing.

“Yeah it is, by the way, why were you in a rush anyway?”

“Oh that, some girls was following me, i think they’ve realised who i am.”

“ahh..is that so..” she nodded

“You know how it is, i can’t help it if i’m so irresistible.” He added with a smirk.

There he goes again Chaerin thought.

 

Then she remembered what happened a few days ago, the roof top thing.

Oh no!  She mentally slaps herself.

Top noticed that chaerin looked uncomfortable, they both know what’s going on each other’s head right now.

“What brings you here by yourself anyway?” Top said while looking outside, admiring the view, trying to ease up the awkwardness.

“Oh, i’m just trying to ease my mind,been kinda stressed lately.” She answered truthfully, she was a bad liar, so why bother? She thought.

“Well how bout you? you don’t look like you have a date.” Chaerin added

“Nah, i wasn’t supposed to be here, but jiyong asked me to drive them and..” he stopped himself because he realized he said his name and it made her feel awkward again.

“Oh, is that so..” she said almost inaudibly.

The conversation ended and it was so silent the whole ride that it was making them deaf.

 

 

After the ride was done, they hopped off the passenger car with the awkwardness still in the air, top didn’t know what to say, so Chaerin decided to talk first and bid him goodbye, but as she was talking she heard..

 

“Chaerin ah! Is that you?”  a familiar voice said.

 

 

It was Dara.

 

 

They faced the couple standing a few feet away from them, as they come closer to the shock faces.

“I thought you we’re staying at the dorm.” Dara said as she was dragging the confused Jiyong along. Surprised not only to see her here, but with the company of Top too.

“Yeah, i thought so too.” He added, way too louder than he should, as he looked at his hyung, who was standing right next to Cl.

“Oh, i just..uh..you know...” chaerin began to stutter

 

 

 

 

 

“oh, i kinda invited her here.” He declared like it was a natural thing to say, while placing his arms around her shoulders.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

author's note:

Thank you for subscribing, kinda forgot to say that to each one of you, and i hope this is a good chap... i'll make sure to add more next week since i'll be going back to school on the 13th... :)