chapter 7

Underneath

The following day...

 

 Chaerin had a hard time making herself fall asleep because of crying so hard last night. Her heart was like being torn into pieces, one minute the man she loves was acting like her boyfriend and the next, boom! Reality check, he’s not.

Her peaceful slumber didn’t last long, for a familiar sound invaded her room and woke her up.

Her hands went to her rumbling stomach.

“i’m hungry..” she said weakly, as it continues to grumble ferociously.

She stood up groggily then wash her face and stepped out of the room, but before she did so, she peaked at every corner from left to right, making sure that the girls are not around, she doesn’t like it when people nose around her love life, especially if it’s a fake one.

 

 

She tiptoed her way to the kitchen like a ninja, and opened the refrigerator to grab some low carb foods then a bottle of juice.

Holding it all in both arms, she closed the ref using her feet.

Then after that, she looked like she’s seen a ghost, almost dropping what she’s holding.

“BWO! UNNIE!  You scared me to death!”

Standing right behind the ref the whole time is no other than Bom, her beautiful but nosey unnie, the very last girl she’d like to see since she knows that she’s gonna make her talk.

 

“Good morning to you too chaerin ah.” Bom said with a sly grin on her face as she heads straight to the pantry and grabs some breakfast for her own.

 

“So, care to tell your unnie about your new man?” stressing out the last two words.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about unnie.” She said trying to act innocently, but of course, failed.

 

“I’m very disappointed that you’re lying to me chae, it’s pretty obvious, well at least he’s pretty obvious about it last night.”

 

Then she left and went back to her room, leaving chaerin confused about the last part she said.

Last night? What does she mean?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lolli-lolli-lollipop blah blah blah blah blah blah

 

“ok, lets take a quick break!”

 

The two groups, 2ne1 and bigbang, has been learning their new choreography for their collaboration, lollipop, but they were just pretty much laughing and playing around (YG is not around) but you can’t say the same for the two people who was standing right next to each other.

 

Oh god, let this practice be over, please!

CL who didn’t know that she’d be placed right next to Top, cursed under her breath the moment she found out. She still haven’t got over the fact that she’s seen Top almost at the gym just 24 hours ago.

 

And it ain’t easy to dance around totally avoiding to face the person right next to you, talk about stiff neck.

 

Now on to her left side, the usually cool guy, Top, was not so cool after all. He’s been wanting to strike a conversation with chaerin but failed to do so, he just couldn’t make himself to.

But there was no need to do that, for chaerin has decided to break the ice.

 

“Oppa..uhm..can we talk?” she said, not entirely sure on what she’s gonna say to him.

He was taken aback, he almost thought they’d be mute the whole practice.

 

“Sure.” Then he noticed his boys again, giving him the look like curious puppies watching their every move.

“uhm, outside.”he added, without really looking at her.

 

 

 

Top led the way while chaerin just followed. He was a bit fast and before she knew it, they were in the elevator.

Now she was wondering if he literally means outside. So she expected him to click ground floor, but he didn’t, he clicked the topmost floor instead.

 

“Where do you actually wanna talk oppa?” she asked the much taller guy beside her.

Instead of answering, he just gave her  smirk while his eyes are lock on the door.

 

Now she was a little annoyed, she hates it when her questions are ignored.

But before she could talk again, the elevator stopped and he immediately went out and continued to walk, without really waiting for her.

Now she was pissed.

“Now, can we talk?” she says without hiding her irritation.

“Not yet” he continued to walk the stairs until he got to the door and opened it. She followed behind him.

 

The warm breeze greeted their entrance as they walk to the open air of the building’s rooftop.

 

“Now we can talk.” Top finally said.

 

“Good, i just wanna clarify a few things, first, there’s no need for you to act like we’re dating, seriously its getting weird, and secondly, that thing that happened yesterday was a total accident so if we can just forget about it..”

 

“Can you?” he asks with a smirk on his face.

 

Shocked to even respond to his cockiness, she could only sigh to her annoyance.

“Is that all you wanna say?” Top asked

 

“Well, yeah that’s about it, don’t you have anything to add, like i don’t know, maybe explain to me why you said that we’re dating?”  she said a little louder, not hiding her irritation.

 

Top didn’t respond right away like he should, instead he took something out of his pocket.

A cigarette, then he flicks his lighter on.

Chaerin was surprised by the move,  not because she hadn’t seen him do this before, but because he was doing it right now, right in the middle of their discussion, which she finds very disrespectful.

 

Shaking her head in disapproval, he continues to puff the smoke as he slowly turned his back on her, now facing the urban scenery of Seoul.

 

The next thing he did totally made her jaw drop.

 

 

 

He jump right off the building.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gotcha! haha

 

But really, the next thing he did was

 

 

“CHAERIN IS A BIG COWARD! SHE WON’T EVEN ADMIT HER FEELINGS TO JIYONG CAUSE SHE’S..” he yelled at the top of his lungs but was interrupted when chaerin’s palm came to cover his mouth.

 

“YAH! What do think you’re doing? Are you mocking me?” she said angrily as she let him go from her strong hold on his mouth.

 

 “Me? I was just following what you did a few days back..”  He was gasping for air as he spoke; her hands almost choke him a while ago.

 

She could only stare at him in disbelief.

 

“Geez, you’re hands are pretty strong..” top said as he holds his abused mouth because of her.

(yeah i’m thinking the same thing, *wink wink hihihi)

 

 

Remembering what she just did to her senior, she gulped.

 

“Ommo, i’m so sorry oppa,i didn’t mean to..” she said sincerely

 

She came closer to check the damage, so close that he was surprised by their distance,  her face was a few inches from his.

 

“Wait,let me see that.” She said in a motherly tone.

 

 He stared down at her face, even without makeup she still looks beautiful especially up close, he thought.

 She checks his almost bruised face, her nails were long, and it slightly etched a mark on his cheeks.

 

“Omo, that’s gonna leave a mark..” she said and when she noticed he was looking straight into her lips, she stepped back a little, feeling a little weird of the look he’s giving her.

“uhmm, come on, let’s go back..practice isn’t over yet.” She said without looking into his eyes.

 

 

 

 

They left and went to the elevator. Unknown to them that someone was standing right behind the walls, hiding behind the door and heard everything they said.