chapter 1

Underneath

 


The sun was setting in beautifully while darkness starts to envelope the sky over the mass of people in the city. There, stands a building in the heart of Seoul, home of the hip hop entertainment giant, YG entertainment, where every sought after hip hop artist is made and polished.  Now, they’re about to do a major concert and everyone is striving to do perfect and sweating it all out, they’re all in the dance studio, except for one, a certain silver haired man who couldn’t care less about another concert.

 

Resting his back against the wall, he was alone at the rooftop. He took something out of his pocket and lit another cigarette. He’s been here for the past hour when he should be with his band members, rehearsing. But here he is, savouring the solitary atmosphere, away from people, away from stress.

The solitude was suddenly disrupted when he heard loud footsteps coming from behind the door on his left side. The door burst open and out came a girl with blonde hair, wearing a hoodie and sunglasses .

Not even bothering to look around, she pause for a moment, closed her eyes then breathe in and out slowly, her chest taking it all in, her hand in a tight fist, then opened her eyes  and walk towards the railings in front of her.

 

 

 

 

“Kwon jiyong! You are such a stupid, insensitive jerk!!!”

 

Thinking that not a soul would hear her from up there, she yelled at the top of her lungs along with other curses in every language she knows. Every word was full of anger that has been kept to herself for the past few months.  Her chest was bursting with emotions and with what she saw just a few moments ago, she just couldn’t take it anymore. Seeing him flirt with another girl right in front of her was just too much.

 

 

 

 Satisfied with herself, she sighed and turned around but stopped dead in her tracks.

 

 

 

 

“Had a rough day huh?” he met her shocked filled eyes with a smirk on his face.

“O-oppa..you..you heard everything?” she said stuttering

“Hard not to, but you’ve lost me after you said jiyong’s a jerk.”  He said as he puffs the smoke of hi;is cigarette.

“About that, it’s..it’s not what you think.” she said worriedly.

“There’s no need to explain to me, i’m not jiyong.” He said in a monotone as he dropped the cigarette and step on it. Then he walked out the door, leaving her by herself, facepalming.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The practice was resumed early the next day, everyone still looking tired and sleep deprived. Top missing most of it received a good hour of some scolding from YG himself. Since the concert was only a week from now, everyone  was supposed to be on their A game even before the actual concert.

 

Bigbang, 2ne1,gummy,seven,psy  and the rest of yg family gathered in a room to rehearse the songs they’ll play together.

 

 

Chaerin’s POV

Omo! What to do! Top oppa has heard my ranting yesterday! why the heck was he there anyway? But i hope he won’t tell like he said. I don’t want anyone to find out, especially Jiyong.  Urggh! Jiyong! If he weren’t so stupid and insensitive over my feelings, i wouldn’t have reacted that way. Does he really believe that i just see him like a brother?  And now, of all people, he’s moved on with my best friend?

 

 

 

They were about to start to rehearse their songs, everyone was on their place, and the very person  she doesn’t want to see is sitting right next to Jiyong. Chaerin has never wished to be invisible in her entire life like she has now. She was too embarrass to face Top, so she tried to act as normal as possible and held onto her phone, staring at it intently like she was texting, as she passed them on her way to her seat, along with her group members.

 

 

“Yes, let’s begin.” Seven said as almost everyone was seated.

 

Chaerin’s plan to be unnoticeable has totally backfired.

 

“Who do you keep texting?” top’s deep voice was loud enough for everyone to hear.

 

“You mind your own business.” Gummy replied while laughing.

 

“Who is it? I want to keep you mine.” He added jokingly and everyone laughed.

 

She laugh along nervously avoiding his gaze.  

 

Top was always like this. The funny man, and he likes to tease and flirt with girls, heck, he would even flirt with se7en if he feels like it. And with what he saw of chaerin yesterday, there’s probably more teasing coming.  

 

 

The practice went on smoothly and as usual, with Seungri around, there was never a dull moment . During practice, at the corner of Chaerin’s eye, she sees them talking and laughing with each other. She can’t help but feel jealous inside so she looks away, only to see Top staring at her. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat.  She can handle being jealous, but not when she knows that someone knows about it.

“Unnie, you alright?” Minzy asked her who is sitting on her left side.

“Uh, yeah, of course.”  She gave a weak smile.

 

 

Flashback 

Jiyong and chaerin has always been close ever since she became a YG trainee. The two were so much alike that they’re like the male/female version of one another. Bigbang has already debut and chaerin was always around the group in every occasion, she was pretty much one of the boys.

He was very charming and all, but he was definitely a playboy, and she can’t help but fall for the leader of bigbang, but she wasn’t sure if he would feel the same, so over the years, she kept her feelings to herself.

 

 

“Hunchae! I’m glad you’re  here!  i just wanna ask you something..” jiyong greeted cheerfully and placed his arms around her shoulders as the two leaders walk to the studio.

 

“Sure oppa, what is it?”

 

 “You know, You’re the most awesome girl here in YG, and I’ve been very fortunate enough to be one of your friends. I’m just wondering if you could help me out with this thing, and this is probably too much to ask but since were friends and i have no one else to ask..”

 

“Yah, just say it already oppa!” she cut him off while laughing at his weirdness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Willyou help me get Dara as my girlfriend?”

 

 

 

“Woohoo! Let’s eat!” bom said cheerfully

 “bwo,  we just ate a while ago unnie” replied the maknae

“Did we? I think my stomach forgot that.” She patted her tummy playfully and turned her head towards the leader, “Chaerin ah, what you waitin for?”

Chaerin was lost in her own thoughts that she didn’t realised rehearsal was done, and everyone was on their way out. As they say their thank you’s to the crew, again, her eyes caught the view of two people who is very close to her heart, her best friend, and the guy she loves the most, holding hands and smiling to one another, oblivious to the jealous eyes of a certain someone.