Chapter 10

Underneath

 

After the days of mourning have gone by, 2ne1was ready to resume their activities. Minzy has been getting a lot of support not only from her family and friends, but from her wonderful fans too. Not to mention their hectic schedules has definitely help to keep her mind busy.

 

“Unnie! Aren’t you leaving with us?”

Minzy stands inthe corner of the room with her duffel bag hanging on her shoulder and ready to zoom out of the dance studio.

Dara  flips her phone, deep in her thoughts, that she didn’t hear what minzy said.

“Unnieeee?” Minzy walked towards her and wave her hand in her face.

“Oh, sorry, didn’t catch what you said.”

“I said, aren’t you coming home with us? We’re all set.”

 

“Just go on without me guys, uhm, i’ll stay for a while.”

 

“Alright Minzy ah, let’s go, i’m starving,  we’ll get going now Dara chan!” Bom happily glides out of the room, excited to go take a rest after a long day of practice. (They always have something to practice about)

The two was gone, leaving Dara to herself. The leader has already left the studio an hour earlier to meet someone important.

 

Dara sat on the corner and stared blankly at her phone. She was about to dial his number but change her mind.

She sighed, she was not used to this. Usually, he’d be the one calling, checking up on her every chance he gets. But not one phone call, not even a text, and it’s been days that she felt like this. Definitely not the jiyong that she’s used to.

He seems a little off and way too busy to even check up on his girlfriend. It’s not that he’s totally forgotten about her, its just that he seems a little distant.

He doesn’t let her in his recording studio these days, but being the understanding girlfriend that she is, she thought he just needed to concentrate on his writing.

 

She phased back and forth in the room, looking at her phone, wondering if she should call him or not.

 

But i don’t want to disturb him...

 

She sighed and decided not to.

 

She fixed up her stuff and left the room with a heavy heart. She just misses him so much , but she knows that GD has been feeling a lot of pressure with the preparation of his sophomore album, everyone expects him to bring a new, exciting material, so with that in mind, she tells herself to be relieved that his only been distant because of work, and not due to something else.

While she walks along the hallway, she suddenly got an idea.

She thought it’d be nice to surprise him in his recording studio with his favourite foods to cheer him up. That’s what he always do for her, especially during the time he was wooing her, and it definitely work.

She smiles from ear to ear at the idea, then dashes out of the building to buy his favourites.

Afterwards, she came back holding a bag of foods, excited to surprise him, she walks towards his studio but not without checking him in the glass window first.

She saw him but then she lost her smile. He was busy alright, but apparently not with his music, and his definitely not alone. He was talking with a girl whom she couldn’t see because she had her back on Dara with a hoodie on.

She knows it’s silly, but she felt like crying, she’s the girlfriend and he wouldn’t even invite her in while a stranger and not mention a girl, gets to go inside his studio and laugh with him. She snaps out of her thoughts when she realized they were about to head towards the door, so she hurriedly walks to the other side and hides in the corner.

 

They stepped out of the studio and dara could only hold her breath.

“So, uhm, thanks again for helping me out, really appreciate it.” Jiyong says shyly as he rubs the back of his neck, feeling really thankful her help.

 

“Don’t worry about it Jiyong oppa, you know I can’t say no to you.” She flashes him a sweet smile.

 

Dara felt a heavy baggage was has been lifted off of her. She’s definitely relieved, because she knows that voice, and it was Chaerin.

 

Silly me, it’s only CL she thought.

 

 

Before she could even reveal herself to them, something else stopped her, she saw their reflection on a glass (let’s assume that everything is glass),  there was two people hugging one another.

“Really, hunchae, you’ve been a lot of help to me, i really appreciate it.”

That was a long hug for a friendly hug, but that’s not all..

 

CL struggles to move away from his embrace, even though she likes being next to him, it hurts her a lot that she still feels this way about him, and so she unwillingly moves away from him but then suddenly her purse fell to the ground,  spilling its contents.

 

“I’ll get it.” Jiyong says and helps her out.

She kneels down the floor too and picks up her stuff, “Its ok oppa, i can...

They were kneeling down the floor, faces only inches apart,  almost forgetting about breathing as they stare at one another intensely.

He was dumb founded, he never really saw Chaerin as a pretty girl, but right now, with no make up on,only inches apart from him, he finds her looking very beautiful, so beautiful that he couldn’t help but kiss her.

 

It felt like the world had stopped, well that is, until CL gained her sanity back and decided to push him away from her.

Shock clearly visible on both their faces, She didn’t know how to react, so she did what she normally does, she ran away.

 

But of course, let’s not forget that they’re not the only one shocked at what happened.

Dara slumps down the floor, upset by what she saw.

Flashbacks hit her as she tries to understand what just happened.

All the secret phone calls he makes, the strange look he gives her,  the strange closeness that they have...

 

 

It can’t be....

 


 

 

 

Cl ran with all her might, eager to get out of the place without really knowing where she's going. She's not even sure if she wants to go to the dorm yet. So she walks aimlessly along the streets, not even bothering to hide her face, she was too bewildered at what happened, she couldn’t care less if fans swarm up all over her.

 

She looked around, she was not in the mood to just wander around so she looked for something else to do. Then she saw it, a bar where the people her age usually hang out. Definitely not her scene and drinking is definitely not her style. Then it hit her, why not? It’s about time i learn how to drink.

 

She enters the establishment, stops at the counter and sat on one of the stools, wondering to herself if this was a good idea.

“What can i get for you miss?” the bartender asks.

She has no idea what to get cause she doesn’t even know what there is to get.

“Uhmm, just give me something strong...” she says unsurely.

 

 

She drank the first shot, sipping it quite too slow, irked by the strange aftertaste and the burning sensation on . Somehow, she began to like the fire so she drank up a bit more, just to forget what happened a while ago.

 

For a first time drinker, she’s holding herself quite well...or not.

She was getting the hang of it, she might as well drink straight from a bottle. She utters incoherent words to the bartender, hiccups as she finish another shot.

“You know youk ljdo areko jmkdo, right?” she says to no one in particular, as she asks for another shot.

“Uhm, miss, i think you had enough..” the bartender interrupts her.

“What are you talking bout, i’m fine.”

“I think you need to call someone to pick you up.”

“Nah, i don’t have a boyfriend, nobody cares for me..”  She blubbers to herself as she demands once again another drink.

“No, we have a rule miss, come on, call someone who can pick you up.”

“Alright, alright, you grumpy mister bartender...” she glares at him while searching for her phone.

Being in the drunken state that she is, she wasn’t sure who she should call, so she scrolls aimlessly and stopped when she felt like it, then she called whoever that was.

 

“Annyeong-haseyo!  The grumpy bartender here is bullying me, please help me...” then she lost her consciousness. She left the phone hanging while the person on the other line is left bewildered.

 

The bartender picked up her phone and told the caller to pick her up in the said address.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wonder who that is?