Chapter 13

Underneath

Mini recap on the last few chapters.... which may or may not help.

(because you probably forgot everything since I’m such an awesome updater...not)

CL has been helping GD in the studio...then she “accidentally”  drop some stuff on the ground when she’s about to leave which will of course lead to some serious make out session duh (ok fine, just a PG 13 korean stlye type of kiss..no it wasn’t even a kiss, it was a smack..a peck..a brush on the lips kinda thing)whichever, it caught CL by surprise which makes the two of them...or the three of them. Dara was somewhere in the shadows nearby. Leading to CL running out on GD, dara crying, CL getting drunk on some bar, then drunk dialling Seunghyun asking for help, no help came, then the nosy bartender decided to call some help again since CL’s all passed out and he speed dialled 1 which is actually GD, because that’s what normal bartenders do.  GD arrives first on the scene since he’s a lot closer..carried CL to his car, Dara stalked him all the way there and he saw her, leading to their break up, Top finally arrive, thank god, then GD passed CL to him so he could follow Dara and explain stuff to her. jerk.

CL wakes up in Top’s bed, . Kidding. She met Top’s crazy mom talking about how she thought her son’s gay and how surprised she is that he has a girlfriend, which didn’t help CL’s cluelessness about the whole thing on how she ended up there...Top was on some photo shoot leaving CL while she was still sound asleep,  worried what his mom would think but whatevs, he didn’t have enough courage to wake CL so he decided to just leave her there and figure things out herself. Then he receive a package from that girl, remember shin min ah? The one his mom set him up with that Bom scared away, but then she realized she still have the hots for him so she apologized and blah blah blah. Oh, Bom figured out too that CL has feelings for GD and decided to play fairy god mother and help GD to get chae to talk to him cause she won’t, remember he kissed her? Yep.so that’s what lead them in the dance studio, alone in the middle of the night...heeeey. They fixed things and CL pretended that that kiss was nothing which naive GD would of course believe. They’re bff’s again, all’s happy but then there’s one problem...GD told her that Dara saw the ‘kiss’ part.

 

 

 

So that’s what you missed on Glee..

 

Or

 

That’s what u forgot on my epic fan fic UNDERNEATH.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“Stop playing around! Get to your places! Seungri! No drinking until the bday girl arrives! Daesung, seriously, i told you it’s  a black and white concept! What’s up with the neon colored pants? And ,manager,don’t touch the cake please.” Exhausted CL dropped to the couch. Its not exactly easy to be the birthday planner...and its a surprised birthday party which makes it more harder.

The rest of the YG family staff and crew were present. They were all here to celebrate one of the 2ne1 girls birthday. Dara. Her friends and her brother Thunder was present too. It was an intimate setting, they were on some private outdoor venue and everything was perfect. The birthday girl has yet to arrive with Bom whose job was to make her think it was an interview with some magazine or something.

 

In this type of situations, someone has to take the lead, unfortunately for them its CL, and everyone else is like her slave. She’s not like that in normal situations by the way, but the clock is ticking and Dara is about to arrive soon so she’s a little panicky and she wants every single thing to be perfect.

“That banner is a little unbalanced, somebody please fixed it.” CL said to no one in particular but expects someone to do it for her right away.

“I’ll get that.” GD says and tried to fix it.

“No, still not aligned...” She says. Then after several “a little more to the left, to the right” GD finally said.

“You know you’re a little bossy Chae.” He says with a bit annoyed but still friendly tone.

“Uh...whose girlfriends birthday party is this again oppa? Besides I want this to be perfect for her too. So come on,  do as I say.” She replied.

“You know, i would’ve been offended with your tone, but since were friends again i’ll let it pass this time.” He smiled. His cute boyish smile. The smile CL would daydream about for hours, but no she has no time to do that now, she’s busy.

“You guys, their car just arrived!” One of the look out said.

“All right, places, everybody! Lights off!” CL yelled.

 

 

 

Then... click.

 

“SURPRISE!!!!”

 


 

 

 “Wow..you guys...this is sooo sweet of you, you didn’t have to.” Dara says teary eyed after she finally realized that this was actually happening.

“All thanks to chaerin, dara, she made this happen.” Seungri says and put his arms around Dara casually. This is the kinda stuff he wouldn’t be able to do before...you know, before GD and Dara broke up. Kinda, GD refuses to admit since he didn’t have a say to it.

Dara suddenly felt awkward. The feeling of anger is still fresh. Of course its fresh, it all happened last week. She tried to be civil to CL, since she doesn’t want bad blood between them because they’re in the same freakin group. CL however, was being nice to her as much as possible, but Dara still remained distant. In GD’s case, it was a whole nother story. She hasn’t said a word to him.

“ah yeah...thanks, cl.” She said when their eyes met. You know the feeling when you have this childhood best friend whom you can’t imagine life without her but then you grew up and life happened, then you suddenly become strangers to one another. That’s what Dara felt.

 

Feeling the weird vibe, CL was second guessing herself whether or not she should talk to Dara now. That was her plan. Explain everything now because she couldn’t then.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she sees him.

He smiles. 

Gives her a two thumbs up.

Then mouths the word “you can do it!”

Seunghyun just did from the far corner of the room, and CL smiled nervously, heading closer to Dara.

 

 

 

“Dara unnie, can I speak with you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie.... I know you saw us.” CL started.

Dara was looking afar, they went to the side while everyone was enjoying the party.

She didn’t respond, so CL went on.

“Its not what you think unnie.. jiyong oppa and I are just friends, we have no feelings for each other, it was just an accident, I swear.”

Now Dara takes her time before she respond.

“You know, its not just the kiss. I know you two have been talking secretly behind my back. The secret phone calls, I saw it...”

CL was confused...the only time they talk over the phone is when Jiyong was asking for suggestions for her birthday until CL got tired of all the asking and decided she should handle the planning by herself.

“What? that was him asking me for help for this party unnie! He’s been planning for it for months ever since I was in Paris, but since you two were always together he didn’t have time, that’s why we always talk over the phone unnie.”

Dara was a little unconvinced, but she knows CL isn’t a good liar so she took her chances.

“Really? But...but.but the kiss.” She says sadly.

“Unnie, listen to me, what you saw was nothing, believe me. Jiyong loves you, you  know for the past few days he’s been a nervous wreck, he wants to have you back, you would be surprised what he’s willing to do for you.” She says reassuringly.

 

“Really?”

“Would I lie to you?”

Dara shakes her head.

 

 

“I really miss you!” Dara suddenly erupts with girlishness and hugs chaerin.

*chaera besties for life!*

“Me too, now lets go back inside unnie , i’m a little hungry.”

 

They went in. Inside, the people were gathered around in the middle.

“What’s going on?” Dara asks, her arms clinging to CL’s.

“I dunno, let’s find out.”

 

 

“There’s the birthday girl! Make way for the very beautiful Dara noona!” Seungri, the self appointed host of the night, called to Dara.

Everyone move to the side and CL pushed Dara until they we’re in front.

“What’s going on you guys?”

“You’ll see unnie,you’ll see.” CL said.

 

“Now that she’s arrived, let’s start the show!” Seungri announced.

 

The lights went off.

“Ok, I’m kinda scared now.”  Dara said.

 

The light was back and focused on the stage, with GD in the spotlight.

Dara was a little uneasy right now, considering she’s still not in good terms with him. But she stayed still and decided to be polite and not walked out on him.

 

“Uhm...good evening guys.” He says shyly as he held the mike.

“I’m here to sing one of my songs..I wrote it for a very special girl, and I want to sing this for her since it’s her special day.” He continued as he looks at dara as he said it.

 

The crowd was shocked. Why you say?  Because the crowd wasn’t all staff and crew and their closest friends, there were also media pipz amongst them. Their relationship wasn’t officially announced publicly, for a very good reason-to avoid scrutiny for whoever the girl he would date, but then again, he always knew that Dara never really liked being the “secret” girlfriend, so here he is now, confessing his love by singing the song inspired by her, and now, his fans will finally know who he wrote it for.

 

 He grabbed the guitar and started playing Butterfly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0_8tkPOOI4

 

They were in awe. He performed an acoustic version of his song, and when the chorus came on, lanterns around the stage lit up, it looked majestic with the beautiful night sky to complement it. To make it even better, butterflies, I mean real butterflies was released on stage, and now everyone felt like they were in some romantic movie, at least, Dara felt like she was in one, she was a er for cheesy romantic stuff and now GD was walking closer and closer to her as the song was about to end. All her doubts and fear that GD didn’t love her anymore suddenly vanished, and she remembered the words CL told her a while ago.

 

Jiyong loves you, for the past few days he’s been a nervous wreck, he wants to have you back, you would be surprised what he’s willing to do for you.

 

 

“Dara...will you ever forgive me?”

For a second, he thought his plan was gonna fail cause she’s not moving or making any positive reaction, his smile faded and he was getting a little nervous.
 

“Are you kidding me? Of course!” She hugged him tight cause she was so touch by his romantic gesture.

“I love you so much babe...” She whispered to his ears.

“i love you too.”

 

 

 

 

While all this was happening, Chaerin moved to the back and watch every single thing happen until a tear drop from her eyes.

“Really, you’re gonna cry now CL?” a voice said from behind.

“Crying...I’m not crying,all this crappy candles irritates my eyes for some reason.” She tried to play it cool but obviously failed.

 

“You know, you did good chae, it’s the right thing to do.” He pats her in the back.

 

“I know, but it . It really . I want that kinda stuff too. The lanterns, that was totally my idea, but the butterflies, seriously.” She pats her eyes with the hanky seunghyun handed her.

“Why can’t I have that?”

 Why can’t I have him? is what she really means.

 

“Remember what I told you, It’s not the right time.”

 

 

 

Let’s go down the memory lane and rewind what happened to that fateful day CL was supposed to do what Bom told her, to talk to GD and straighten things out between them.

 

CL stepped inside the YG building with one purpose only. To ask GD. To ask him wtf does that kiss meant. Was it him saying he likes her more than a friend? Its messing with her head, so here she is, gathering all the strength she could muster...if only she could press the elevator button without shaking profusely then she’s good to go.

But no need, the lift opened and looking up, she saw him.

“CL?”

“Top.”

 

 

In the cafe...

 

“Ok, please tell me you’re not here to murder me, cause I swear to God I didn’t do anything to you, I’m an innocent man just  trying to help out a friend.” Top said defensively.

Somehow they ended up here in a coffee shop near YG building since, CL kinda drag him there after she like, saw a ghost or something. Actually it was GD she saw walking towards them but didn’t see them because, well, she literally drag him outside as fast as she could.

“Yeah yeah..whatever. But you know, we’re not really friends.” She says casually as she sips her ice coffee, somehow she’s a bit comfortable now to say this kinda things to her sunbae because she’s seen a part of him she would never have imagined before..like his weird childrens toy collection..his crazy, but adorable mom..its like she has something she could use against him now.

 

“What,no no,  I wasn’t referring to you.” He replied matter-of-factly.

 

That made CL raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

 

“Oh, what’s this I see, is this a scratch mark you gave me after dragging me here mercilessly?” He says pointing to his elbows as he realized she’s becoming curious and it wouldn’t hurt to a little bit.

“Answer me oppa, what do you mean by that?”

“I feel like this is becoming a habit of yours CL, once you left a scratch on my face in the rooftop, remember this?” He points to the tiny, miniscule, almost invisible scratch mark she gave him after covering his mouth with her long pointy finger nails for yelling some of CL’s personal feelings for some guy...

 

“Now, this, tsk tsk tsk.” He added as he  looks at his elbows. CL has very dangerous nails.

“Oppa... i have a feeling there’s more to come if you won’t tell me what is it you know that I don’t. Come on, what happened that night?”

“Alright alright...but first,tell me, what is it really you came here for? Something tells me you’re not really here to grab a coffee with me and have a chit chat.” 

 

“Its personal...besides Its really none of your business.” She says firmly.

“Ok well then, I have my own personal business to attend to, so have a good day miss chaerin.” He stood up to be more dramatic knowing she’ll give in.

 

 

 

“Ok,fine! I’ll tell you.Sit.”

 

She told him what she was really there for, to talk to GD, but then that would mean retelling the kiss incident but then she went to tell on and on until he finally knew the whoooole complicated story.

“Soo...that’s what i’m gonna do.” She says finally. He was quite.

“I’m pretty pathetic huh, i’m such a coward, after all this years I’m just gonna confess to him now.”

Still no response from him.

“Ok, I gave you an answer, or more like my sad one sided love story, now just tell me what happened that night.”

 

 

“GD was there...he got there before me, he was about to drive you home, but he followed Dara instead.”

 

“Oh...”was the only thing she could say.

 

 

She was drunk that night, and a mess which is actually all his fault by the way.  She needed help, but he chose to come after Dara instead.

 

“Silly me, of course he would always choose her.” She admitted to him, or more like to herself.

 

 

“I think it’s not the right time, he just hasn’t realize how lucky he is.” He said without realizing the meaning behind it.

She was a little surprised by what he said.

“I mean, that’s what I’m supposed to say in situations like this to make you feel better right?” He said jokingly.

 

She laughed. The sad kind of laugh. The kind of laugh you do to make it seem that you're alright.

"Well, I'm glad I found out oppa...thanks." She says and stood up. He could tell what she found out really hurt her. She had no idea that gd only followed dara to explain to her because she saw what happened to the two of them, that would've made a difference to her mood right now, but no, right now, she felt like she's so unimportant to GD.

She left the cafe before he could even reply, leaving him by himself.

 

Anytime

He thought.

 


 

Back to the party..

 

The party was over and the guest was leaving one by one. Dara was busy thanking everyone who came.

“That was a pretty cool party chae!” He puts his arms around her shoulders and took one of the foods left on the table.

“Yeah, but that song number you did was the one that really did it oppa, that was soo creative, i mean, who would’ve thought you’d come up with an idea like that!  Real life butterflies for your song butterfly, soooo unique.” She said with sarcasm. Deep inside she found it pretty fckin amazing.

“Yeah yeah, very funny, but we’re good now, and all thanks to you! you’re literally the best buddy i could ever have.”He pats her head playfully.

“Yah! My hair!”

 

Then he left, and went to Dara.

 

Yeah, I’m just your buddy

 

She looked at the two of them, looking happy as ever.

“Need this?” Bom suddenly appeared out of nowhere, standing next to her handing her a glass of champagne.

 

 

 

“Definitely.”