Chapter 12

Underneath

A/N:

I hope u guys will be patient with me, we'll get there, to the skytempo moments.

 

 

 

CL walked around in her room with that over stimulated feeling. She didn’t like it very much. She forced herself to focus but she couldn’t. All she’s been thinking about was last night. That kiss, the kiss which is clearly his fault. Why would he do that? Now he’s really messing with her head. She’s been walking back and forth trying to figure it out what that was all about. She’s totally forgotten about the whole waking up in Top’s room thing.

Do you normally do that? Do you just kiss a friend? Or was it a good night kiss that was supposed to land on my cheeks but ended up accidentally on my lips instead? But he didn’t even trip! No, no, that’s stupid chaerin, he never kissed me before. But..but...

“Urgh! I can’t do this!” she screamed out of frustration.

 

 

 “Chaerin ah, so, who’s this boy who kissed you hmm?” Bommie said as she suddenly appeared in CL’s door.

 

“Unnie! What???” how did she know?

 

“You got a new boyfriend don’t you? Ayee! And you’re confused because you guys are buddies w/c makes the whole kiss thing weird, am I right?”

How did she know?

 

“CL, come on, tell unnie! I heard the whole thing anyway, you should really try not talking out loud. No need to improvise a lie, cause I can tell when you’re lying.” Bom said mischievously.

 

Chaerin dropped a heavy sigh.

She’s right, I might as well

 

“Unnnie, what does it mean when a boy suddenly kisses you out of nowhere?”

Bom stops for a moment to think.

 

“He likes you! of course, why else would he do that, unless he’s drunk, was he drunk?”

CL shakes her head, now that she think about it, she’d rather have him drunk last night when he kissed her, then she wouldn’t have to worry about what that kiss meant.

 

“But we’re just friends, and besides he’s taken already unnie.”

 

“Aw, chae, It’s GD right?” she said sympathetically and taps CL in the back.

 

She nods “Is it that obvious?”

“Well, not really, but I’m a girl, I could tell, even back in our trainee days, You two kinda have something going on, I even thought you two would date at some point...” she trailed off

“That’s not possible now, is it? He’s with Dara and she’s my best friend, she loves him, he loves her..”

 

“Yet he kissed you, tsk tsk..boys..”

 

“What should I do unnie?”

 

Bom looks at her with her most serious, Unnie-like expression.

“You should go talk to him about it to end this thing once and for all.”

 


 

 

“Omma! Don’t answer the phone, tell him I’m not here!” dara shouts from her room as her mother was about to answer the phone again which has been ringing almost nonstop the whole day.

 

“But sweety, you’re gonna have to talk to him at some point.” Her mother replied.

 

“Just don’t, please?” then she locked the door and went right back to her bed.

 

“Dadoong, why are boys like that?” she whispers at her cat lying next to her in her bed.

 

She spent the night in her family’s house, crying and talking to her only friend right now, her cat. She wouldn’t dare tell anyone about this, but who is there to tell anyway? Well, definitely not CL.

She’s a crying mess right now, that’s why she preferred to stay here rather than the dorm where her members will storm her with all questions that she’s not ready to talk about yet. I mean how do you talk about it when you’re best friend is involve in your boyfriend dilemma? She’s not even sure how she’d react if there is really something going between the two, just the thought of it made her cry even more.

 

 Then she heard a knock on her door.

 

“Omma, not now, I’m still tired.” She went to grab a tissue and wipe her tears off.

 

Someone continues to knock at her door, a little more louder this time.

 

“Alright, alright.” She mumbles and went to open the door.

 

 

No one was around, nothing but a huge bouquet of flowers waiting at her door, with a note attached to it.

She peak sideways to see if anyone was around, and then grab note:

 

I hope you would give the chance to explain, just one chance babe, I don’t want to lose you.

 


 

 

A week came by; still a lot of things have not been resolved. Dara still refuses to talk to GD which is starting to spread around the company which is causing some pretty bad jokes towards GD.

 

“Hyung, what did you do to my dara noona huh?” Seungri blast into the recording studio and chokes GD playfully with his arms as GD was busy listening to his newly recorded tracks.

 

“AH! SEUNGRI!!!” he struggles as the maknae repeats what he said.

 

“Seriously, what did you do hyung?” He let go and slumps back in the sofa behind GD’s chair.

 

GD massages his neck as he looks at the maknae with an annoyed look.

 

“None of your business.” He says

 

“Whoa, so you did something? Was it that bad that she wouldn’t even talk to me? I saw them practicing in the studio and let me tell you, she wasn’t very friendly hyung. ”

 

“What’d you say?”

 

“I said she wouldn’t even..”

 

GD stood up without waiting for him to finish, and hurriedly went his way to the girls.

 

 The girls, in the studio, meaning Chaerin is in the studio, the girl he hasn’t seen for almost a week since the incident.  She’s been acting like a ninja that’s why GD can’t find her. He doesn’t know how she did it, but she successfully avoided him this whole time, and the building is not even that big to not bump into one another.

 

He needed to talk to her, and this was his chance to do it.He got there just in time; the door was slightly open, just enough to give him a good view of the inside. There, the girls just finish their routine and is having a break, each doing their own thing. He noticed that the mood was quite different, usually the girls are energetic and playful but now, they’re not even talking, except for CL who is talking with the choreographer.

This doesn’t seem like a very good timing, Dara was there, and he didn’t want to talk to CL in front of her, so he had no choice but to wait and think of a plan so he could talk to her.

 

Now, if only chae could come out or something

He was busy thinking of ways on how to make her come (hihihi i’m a skytempo shipper i’m a skytempo shipper) come out i mean, without the others noticing,  but nothing...until...

 

“Bwo, what are you doing there?”

 


 

At last, when the practice was over, the girls finally got to go home. The members walk to their van with some of their crew. This past few days have been hectic, the girls were preparing for a comeback and a new single will be released soon, so everyone has been really excited and stoke to perform it on stage.

 

“Girls, be here at exactly 8 am tomorrow, alright?” then the manager turned to look at one of the girls.

 

Bom made an exaggerated hurt expression “Waeyo? I’m always on time!”  

 

The other girls snickered knowing that Bom was never on time.

 

“yeah, yeah, now get going, you girls need rest.” Their manager said with finality.

 

So the girls went inside, but then..

“Omo! I forgot something in the studio!” Bom exclaimed.

 

“What is it unnie?” CL asked

 

“My phone! I’m afraid I have to go back, CL come with me!”

 

“Me? but i’m tired..”

 

“Nonsense! You never get tired..” she was about to drag her out of the car.

 

“I’ll get it for you bom.” One of their crew said.

 

“No need! Just go on without us, ok? The other girls are probably tired, look at them.”

 

Minzy and Dara looked perfectly fine, it was CL who looked really tired actually, and right now, she’s getting a little annoyed too.

 

The car left and the two made their way back to the building.

 

“Really, unnie? Must you torture me because you know my secret?” CL asked

 

“What are you saying? I’m just really scared going there alone, and besides you’re the leader so...blah blah blah..

 

Bom went on and on until they reached the floor, and as they opened the door, CL went in first and open the lights.

 

“So where did you leave it unnie?” CL asked

 

“Oh, i can’t rememver,  i’ll look here, and you go  there” she pointed at the corner of the room where the bench and amplifier was placed.

 

Chaerin did as what she was asked and look for the phone right away cause she just wants to get this over with and rest.

 

“Unnie, i don’t see anything here, how bout you?” she asked without looking

Hearing no response, instead she heard the door lock.

 

“Unnie?” She turned around.

 

It wasn’t Bom that she saw. It was Jiyong instead.

 

“Chae...”

 

She was taken aback. She did not see that coming.

 

“What’s going on here? where’s unnie?”

 

Jiyong walked towards her, she was stoned to her position.

 

“I had to ask her to see you chae, you wouldn’t answer my calls, i mean, what’s going on?”

 

What’s going on? what’s going on? You kissed me that’s what freakin happened!

 

CL kept her thoughts to herself; she knows this is not the time. She had to be civil and polite, she must not under any circumstances, show GD that she cares about what happened, it is not right.

 

“What are you saying? I’m busy, we’re all busy oppa.”

 

“I know, but i think you’re avoiding me Chae, are you?”

 

“Why should I avoid you oppa?” she put her best effort to put on her poker face.

 

“Ever since that night, you know, I’ve been trying to reach you and..” he wasn’t looking at her now, avoiding her gaze.

 

“and what? Oppa, you know, this is really ridiculous, what happened that night was nothing, It was just an accident, am I right?” she asked without waiting for an answer and then added

 

“Sure, I ran out on you, but who wouldn’t? That was just really awkward and gross actually, oppa.” She laughed it off and now GD was looking at her in the eye.

 

There was sadness in her eyes that she tried to cover up with a smie, and fortunately for her, GD believed it.

 

“I’m really glad you feel the same chae, I almost thought you had feelings for me that’s why you avoided me.” now it was GD’s turn to smile.

 

“Oh come on, seriously oppa? You have that much confidence in yourself, huh?”

 

The two leaders were now back to being friendly and happy, at least, that’s what CL is trying to be. They talked and talked in the studio and they were now laying on the floor, looking up at the ceiling as if they could actually see the stars through it.

 

“I’m glad we’re back to this hunchae.” GD smiled as he placed one of his hand at the back of head.

 

“Yeah, me too” She replied.

 

 

“But oppa, what’s up with Dara unnie? She seems weird lately.”  She asked out of nowhere.

 

GD forgot that CL didn’t know. She didn’t know that Dara saw the kiss.

 

“Uhm, Chae,its because, well its because Dara saw us..that night.”

 

All of a sudden, she bolt upright as if she woke up from a bad dream.

 

“SHE SAW US?”

 

Panic was written all over her face. Now she really feels stupid. She didn’t realize that that was why her unnie have been distant and cold to her the past few days. She thought she was just stressed from all the practice.

 

“O my god o my god...this can’t be...” Now she was walking balk and forth with her palms on her face.

 

“Oppa! What to do! She hates me!”

 

“I don’t know chae, she wouldn’t even look at me.” GD said

 

“Oh no, her birthday is coming up, you two can’t break up! You have to get her back oppa!”

 

“But how?”

 

After some brainstorming, CL finally said

 

“ I’ll handle it. I’ll talk to her oppa.”

 


 

 

 

 

The moment CL reached her room, she thought she was gonna get some peaceful sleep, but no,  she couldn’t possibly sleep, now that she knows that Dara saw it. She feel so bad that she didn’t even notice her best friend. She’s been so caught up with her own drama she didn’t realize that her friend was hurting too.

She stepped out of her room and walk pass Dara’s. She stopped for a second and decided that this was not the right moment. She knows she’s gonna have to talk to her about it, she just doesn’t know when.  When she was about to turn and head for the kitchen, someone suddenly appeared in front of her.

“Bom unnie!” she yelled out of surprised.

 

“Shhh” she gestured with her index finger and lead CL to the kitchen.

 

“So tell me what happened.” She said like a giddy high schooler.

 

“First of all, i hate you unnie, and second, I just really hate you right now.”  

 

“No you don’t, something happened, come on, spill.”
 

She sighed; she really hates these kinds of stuff. It’s so girly.

 

So CL told Bom everything, even if she doesn’t want to, its not like she had a choice anyway. And besides, she was a bit glad that bom made that happen, otherwise, she might have never known about what Dara knew, and it’s nice to be cool again with GD too.

“You know, I don’t really get you, I remember specifically telling you that day that you should talk to him, but you didn’t.” Bom said

 

“I chickened out, I wasn’t ready yet.” She answered and Bom just nodded.

 

The truth was, she didn’t really tell Bom everything. She did try to talk to GD but something or someone changed her mind.