Chapter 14

Underneath

“Unnie! Why are you eating my sandwich?” Chaerin complained after realizing Bom took her food.

“What? you’re not touching it, besides, you’re just watching those two like a hawk and I feel bad for the food, such a waste.” She said as if it was about to be expired soon.

The 3 girls was eating in the canteen, Bom, Minzy and CL. The group was preparing for their comeback, and they’ve been working pretty hard in the studio. After the party, everything was pretty much back to normal-Dara and CL are friends again,  they’re busy working on the album,  bom’s stealing her food, minzy’s busy texting, GD and Dara are back together and CL is back to being the sad, lonely leader that she is, Of course there’s only one reason she’s like that.

The person she’s madly in love with is in love with someone else, and right now they’re right in front of her, well not literally right in front of her, but two tables away from them, eating like two love birds whose not even eating, they’re just there being all lovey dovey, sweet and and..happy.

“You know, you’re not helping yourself if you keep on doing that.” Bom said.

“Doing what? i’m not doing anything.” CL replied

“Well, of course you’re not! You’re just sulking there watching them and torturing yourself.”

CL sighed. “So what do you suggest? I’m doing this to make myself immune you know.”

Bom was thinking to herself, she does agree that that would help too, then suddenly she had a bright idea.

“Well...if you look at it that way, but I have other suggestions in mind which may help.” She said while smiling and raising her eyebrows.

“Really? What?”

 

“You need to find a new guy!” She exclaimed.

“What? I don’t think that’s a good idea...”

“Of course it is! You need to refocus your thoughts, and I just happen to know some pretty cool guys whose very much available.”

CL considered her unnie’s suggestion for a second.

“No.”

“And why is that?”

“Because I don’t wanna use some poor guy to help me forget.”

Bom gasp, quite exaggeratingly.

“Well its not called “using him”, you’re just gonna meet other people, and who knows, maybe you’ll find ‘the one’.”

“And besides, do you wanna continue being sad and single? Look at Minzy, even our maknae has a love life.” Bom added in a low voice and pointed to minzy.

“I can hear you.” minzy said without looking up from her phone.

 

All of a sudden, CL just realized that Minzy heard everything they said.

“Uhm...minji, did you hear everything else we were talking about?” CL asked.

“Yup.” She replied.

 

“Even the part about..”

“About you being madly in love with GD and you’re trying to forget him but you can’t?”Minzy said

Now it was CL’s turn to gasp. Somehow it scares her that her girls know what she’s going through, They can be quite nosy sometimes.

“I’ve known for quite some time unnie.”Minzy added.

CL gave Bom a ‘you told her look’.

“No, I’ve noticed it even in our trainee days.”

“Told yah.” Bom chimed in.

CL sighed. “So who else knows?”

“Probably everyone except jiyong oppa.” Minzy said.

 

“And honestly, I think Bom unnie is right, you do need a new man.”

 

 


 

The girls were back to the studio, each member will record their part while the others chat on and wait. Of course, they were with Teddy oppa, CL’s supposedly ‘ideal man’ when asked in interviews. The truth was, she does like him, but only in an admiring kinda way,she looks up to him like a father-figure, but nonetheless, she still blush every now and then when she gets teased about it, especially when Teddy does the teasing.

“So, you up for it?” Bom said while they were on Teddy oppa’s couch, waiting for their turn while Dara was doing her recording.

“What?” CL replied.

“The blind date! I have just the right guys for you!” Bom said.

“Not here unnie!”

 

“What? Chaerin’s going on a blind date?” Teddy asked,  turned around from his chair.

“NO!” CL replied way too loudly.

“I’m quite disappointed with you chae, I thought I was the only man in your life.” Teddy teased and pretended to be hurt.

CL of course denied and denied that they didn’t realize someone else entered the room.
 

 

 

 

“Whose going on a blind date?”

 

“Oh,its CL unnie Jiyong oppa.” Minzy replied cause no one else did.

“Really?”  He said, quite amused.

 “Ahuh.” Bom replied.

 

“No! I told you guys I’m not going!” CL was really annoyed now.

Everyone else was quite.

 

“Yeah,  blind date is not really her thing.” Jiyong said matter-of-factly not to CL, but to everyone else in the room but her.

“What do you mean oppa?” CL asked curiously.

“Well...I don’t think you’re the type who’ll do that kind of thing.” GD said

“That thing?” CL said

“You know what I mean,  You don’t do stuff like that. You’re too predictable...” GD said.

OOPS!wrong answer GD.

The atmosphere suddenly became awkward, even Teddy noticed it, who is suppose to be instructing Dara whose still recording her song!

“Well okey  people get back to work!” Teddy said.

 

“You know what Bom unnie, I change my mind. I’m going on a blind date.” CL declared, and just then Dara step out of the recording booth, and now it was CL’s turn to record.

 

“What’s up with the faces?” Dara asked. Everyone else was a bit taken aback. It was quite intense there for a while.

“Baby,you  missed me already?” She added and walked to GD and gave him a hug.

 


 

 

 

After her recording, CL decided to walk outside for a while, GD was still there with Dara, you know it’s not exactly her favourite couple.

She has no idea where she’s going, there’s not exactly an exclusive 2ne1 room for them to chill out,  so she just kept walking and walking and until she saw the stairs...

It reminded her of those not so wonderful days where huwangsabu made her run in the stairs back and forth for over an hour, which she did, but that was not even the worst part, the day after that her thighs hurt like hell.

She was about to turn back and walk back to the studio but she heard his voice.

Oh no, Jiyong oppa! She thought.

For some reason she wants to avoid him, well, he kind of made her furious a while ago. So she went to the stairs and ran upstairs like old times. While running, only one thing was in her mind.

 

Predictable huh? I’ll show you how predictable I can be.

 

She ran and ran and ran until there’s no more stairs to run to. She pants heavily and realized where she is. She was one door away to the rooftop.

She walked closer and closer.  She needed fresh air, so why not? She was finished recording anyway.

 

She opened it.

 

“I might’ve guess...of course you’re here.”  CL said.

 

 


 

 

“Aigoo...oppa, you should really stop smoking you know.”  She covers her nose at first but then placed her hands on her hips in a manner that she looks like a mother scolding her kid.

“It’s not good for your health.” She continued.

“What? Are you telling me what to do now? I thought you said we’re not even friends.” 

“Woh, you practically know the story of my life, of course we’re friends now oppa!” She said brightly now acting like a cute little kid.

“Really? I think you need something from me, come on, just say it.”

“Aigoo, you don’t believe me.. You save my a couple of times now.” Then she realized what she just said and covered .

He smiled at her reaction.

“One time you save me from humiliation in front of GD and dara in the amusement park, remember that? And you took me home when I was drunk...”

“Now that I think about it, I haven’t really thanked you yet...so, thank you so much oppa, I noticed I’ve been a little rude to you before...” She kept her head low because she was a bit embarrassed.

“You think?” CL looked up and saw him smiling.

“Nah, i’m just kidding.” He said. Then he put the cigarette down and threw it to the trash can.

 

“So oppa, guess what?” CL suddenly said brightly, happy that she has a new confidant.

“What?”

“I’m going on a blind date.”

“WHAT?”

“Woah,I said i’m going on a blind date not on a maternity leave.”

“ oh, I mean..why?”

“It’s Bom unnies idea...you know to forget you know who.”

“Voldemort?”

CL looked at him with a ‘idk what you’re saying expression’.

“Hah, i’m just kidding. But really, why?”

“He said I was too  predictable that I won’t do those kind of things, so I said I would.”

“You know I don’t think that’s a very good idea to be honest.”

“Well,I can’t turn back now,  I just told everybody I would, even teddy oppa heard it.”

“But still....” He said still sounding iffy about it.

 

“Omo! Look at the time! We’ve been here for almost an hour! They’re probably looking for me!” She said when she saw the time in his watch. She rushed to the door, but turned back.

“What are you doing? Aren’t you supposed to be doing bigbang stuff or something?” She asked and walked closer to him.

 

“Well I...”

“Come, come...” She said while dragging him with her. Deja vu?

 

“So, do you normally just drag around your friends whenever you feel like it?” Top asked because for the second time, she’s holding him but not as painful as the first time.

 

“Nah...I only do this to my weird toy collecting, chain smoking, mama’s boy friend I have.” She laughed and ran down the stairs.

“Yah! Chaerin ah! I’m not a mama’s boy and my toys aren’t weird!” He yelled.

 

 


 

 

“Where were you?”  Bom asked the moment CL walked to the studio. No one else was there except for Teddy oppa, bom and Minzy.

“Oh, I just went to the..”

“Oh you shouldn’t have left unnie, you missed it.” Minzy said

“Missed what?”

Bom and Minzy looked at each other,then at teddy who was busy listening to their song.

“I think its best if we talked outside.” Bom whispered.

 

 

“Ok, seriously what happened guys?” CL asked after the two girls lead her to the canteen.

“And why do we have to be in the canteen?” She added.

“No particular reason,I’m just really hungry.” Bom said.

“And teddy oppa is there,he might hear.” Minzy said.

“Ok, so  now bom unnie can eat, we’re all alone, what happened?”

“So unnie, right after you left, wanna know what GD oppa said?”

“What?”

“He said stuff like you shouldn’t be allowed to date cause you’re still underage and you’re the leader and blah blah blah, I think he even said he didn’t trust Bom unnies taste in guys.”

“Yeah,  how dare he!What’s wrong with my taste?” Bom said while biting off her sandwich.

“Uhm...you did date a tattoo artist one time unnie, he was pretty scary.”Minzy said.

Bom was about to defend her taste but Minzy stop her.

“The point is, I think jiyong oppa doesn’t want you to date unnie.”Minzy said.

“He was kinda right you know, I am the leader and I am underage...”

“Uhm, hello! So am I, and nobody’s telling me that I shouldn’t date deukie..”

“Omo, our maknae is with Deukie already! Is it official?” Bom asked excited for her.

“Yep...” She blushed as she said it.

“But its not about me. I think GD oppa likes you unnie.” Minzy said.

“What? NO! There’s no way!” CL said.

“How else do you explain his reaction a while ago?” Bom said.

That made her think, but the thing is, she didn’t want think too much, she thought it would only be right if she decided to forget about him, and that also includes not jumping to conclusions over what he says, cause often, she was wrong.

“I really doubt it.” CL finally said.

 

 

“Alright, whatever you say, but the date is still on right?” Bom asked.

She sighed. “Of course.”

 


 

“No way, I’m not gonna wear that.”

“What’s wrong with this?its cute!”

“Bom unnie, I don’t have legs like yours, so no!”

Chaerin and Bom were arguing as Bom kept on insisting that she wear something y and revealing, like the mini black tube dress she’s holding.

As she looks at her closet,she sees Dara walking towards them.

“Dara unnie! Help me! She’s making me wear this for my first ever blind date!” CL  points to the dress Bom is holding.

 “You don’t wanna look trashy, sorry bommie.” Dara tried to say it as cutely and nicely as possible so bom woudn’t get hurt.  Too late.

“Why? Why does everybody doubt my taste?” Bom said dramatically, and walked out of the room.

“ Don’t mind her, she’s just hungry, I kept her here for hours to help me pick what to wear.” CL said.

Dara walk closer to her wardrobe.

“Let’s see...” She examined her clothes until she found something.

“How bout this? Its cute and flirty, just the right thing to wear on a first date.” Dara said.

http://cl2ne1indo.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/pic-120428-press-photos-cl-and-dara-at-nikon-legend-event-2012-seoul-international-photo-imaging-industry-show/#jp-carousel-8343

Chaerin tried it on and look at herself in the mirror.

“You’re right unnie, I’ll wear this.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ok, I’m a little nervous, I didn’t exactly think this through.” CL said as she awaits for her date to pick her up.

“Don’t be silly, you’re gonna be fine, he’s a good guy.” Bom assured her.

“At least tell me his name..or his job..or anything!” She said nervously. She remembered that her unnie dated some pretty weird guys in the past.

“Don’t worry, i didn’t pick a weird dude with a mustache, I picked someone who you might like, but don’t expect he’ll be Teddy oppa lookalike!”She said.

“Oh minji ah,what should I do?” CL turned to Minzy for some advice.

“Uhmm..smile a lot?”

“Dara unnie?” CL turned to Dara.

“Just be yourself.”

As helpful as they we’re trying to be, it didn’t exactly help.

 

*ding dong

 

“Omo, he’s here!”

 

 

 

Author’s note:

CL won in inkigayo !!!woot woot! I’m so happy for her I wrote an update! Haha Hope you like this chap :D

Soooo...any thoughts on who the blind date might be?