chapter 8

Underneath

 

One month after.....

 

Mesmerizing sky with rolling grey clouds covered the sky, as the winter chill lingers in the air, depressing, like some scene straight out from a horror movie or maybe even twilight.

It’s amazing how weather can totally reflect your emotions, or maybe it’s the other way around. Like on a fine summer’s day, you’ll find yourself humming along to nature’s melodies, where the birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, and everyone is in a sickly bright mood that you’ll just catch it whether you like it or not. But on the other hand, winter is the total opposite. To sum it up, winter basically up all the fun, it’s like a dementor, all you’re happy memories are gone, boogshhh! And not to mention, it gives you a bad cold, and that’s exactly what chaerin has right now.

 

 

Its gonna rain.

 

Usually, she likes the rain, especially when she’s here, she always thought that everything was a lot more fancier here, even as something as ordinary as rain looks romantic and pretty, But not for today.

 

Coming to Paris all by herself, she didn’t exactly picture herself in this scenario.

She was all curled up on a chair as she covered herself with many layers of blanket, tissues scattered all over the floor along with her meds for her cold.

 

Way to go chaerin

 

She sighed as she looks outside the window thinking all the stuff that she should be doing right now like, meet some of her friends, visit her favourite shops,  stroll around the city like a normal person without getting some stares every 5 seconds, and just basically have some fun and forget her troubles.

But no, here she is, stuck in her hotel room, nursing a bad cold; this definitely did not turn out the way she planned it to.

 

Achoo!

 

It’s been two days since she left Seoul, the day after their family concert was wrapped up. YG gave everyone a week long break from work.

 

She needed it badly, not because she’s exhausted and wants a break from all the performances and stuff, but because she already had some “break” already, Only a different kind of break.

Her heart had been BREAKing every time she sees them together. Happy and so in love, that, she needed a break from.

 

She told everyone that she’s going to stay with her family and lay low for a while, and she told her family that she’s gonna spend it with the girls.

 

She wanted to be alone this time, she needed to.

She needed to find herself. The new chaerin is swiftly falling apart, and before it completely does, she needed to regain all her strength back and be the girl that she used to be, Strong and independent, not some girl who cries over a boy who doesn’t even know her feelings for him.

She chose to go here because this place means a lot to her. This is where the young teenage chaerin felt independent and free for the first time in her life. Even for a short amount of time that she stayed here by herself before, she always felt like that was time of her life where she transitioned from an awkward little girl into a young woman with a maturity way beyond her age. She saw the real world with her young innocent eyes, all the good and the bad, and from that she learned, she became the strong woman that she is right now, until she fell in love and got her heart broken which changes everything.

She hates feeling weak, all she wants is to relieve that moment and be that person again. She wants to move on from all the heartaches over Jiyong.

 

Speaking of the devil, she her phone and saw a text from him.

 

Hope you having a good time hunchae!

 

I hope so too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back in Korea...

 

A loud boom of thunder echoed through the room, making the brunette beauty shudder and scoot closer to her boyfriend which made him flinched just a little bit.

She cast an innocent look upon her boyfriend and when he realized what he just did, he gave her warm smile. She turned her attention back to the movie they were watching, some sad, romantic flick of dara’s choice, of course.

Dara was so engrossed with the story while he wasn’t even half paying attention to the movie. Usually, by this time, he’d be making a move on her (PG13 style of course.lol) or whisper sweet nothings on her ear.  But today, he’s not really in the mood. Instead, he let his mind wander to something else.

 

The movie was almost ending and he didn’t even notice that dara fell asleep in his arms already. He chuckled a little bit when he saw slightly open.

 

Cute  he thought.

 

And then a sudden vibration coming from his phone caught him by surprise he almost woke her.

He check the sender and it’s no other than the girl that’s been occupying his mind a while ago, Chaerin.

 

 

 

 

On the other side of the town...

 

“Omma, i’m kinda full already.”

 

“You? nonsense, you look so thin , here have some more.” His mother hurriedly added more servings on his plate.

 

He could only frown as his mother did this. Knowing that she won’t take no for an answer, he just ate.

 He was on a strict diet, and as much as he loves his mother’s cooking, he had no appetite at all, which was weird, because usually, when he’s home he loves to eat her cooking’s to a point that his mother would have to refrain him.

 

“Omma, i f i didn’t know any better, i think you miss you’re chubby seunghyun .” he joked

 

“Omo, that’s very true, i miss my chubby little boy, now why don’t you just meet the girl i’ve been telling you about, get to know each other and maybe, just maybe, marry her and then have a baby so that i’ll have something to baby, a real one, instead of you.”

 

Here we go again

 

“Omma, seriously,  all my friends mother’s don’t want their son’s to get married while i feel like you want to give me away that easily.”

(Haha, he sounds so girly)

 

She gasped, acting all hurt and shocked by his reply when in fact it was very true.

 

“I didn’t know you felt that way, i guess you’re omma just misses you a lot since you never have the time for your omma anymore, and i honestly just want you to be happy and...”  her acting was definitely working because..

“Omma! Aigoo,i’m only kidding!”

She wipes her fake tears and then lit up when she heard him.

“You are? Then you don’t mind that i made reservations for the two of you, right?”

 

Whoops! Wrong move seunghyun.

 

Her mother has a notorious past of setting him up with uhm...very “unique” kind of girls. Sometimes he thinks that she has something against him when he dates them. One time, she set him up a girl with a snake tattoo, piercings and a weird for blood. He was so scared he couldn’t look at her in the eyes. For some reason, his mother thought she was wife material, he was too traumatized to even argue.

 

Remembering those painful memories was enough for anyone to disown their mother, but he knows he means well, and besides, she doesn’t take no for an answer.

 

“Alright omma,  but this is the last time.”

 

 

Sometime after midnight...

 

The cold wind made their way through the open windows, the moon lit outside, the only source of light aside from the monitor screen of the computer.

 

 

*click click click

 

Everyone in the household is sleeping soundly right now, except for one.

With his eyes watching intently on the video, his brows knit, his look was a mix of astonishment and something else. That’s not really what  he was aiming for. He thought he should be disgusted and turned off, but apparently, it’s not working as he thought in his head.

He was watching her trainee days videos, her rap videos in particular. An explicit rap video to be precise. You know, the whole i don’t give a if i say kind of thing.

 

I hate girls who curse, i hate girls who curse

 

That was what he was chanting in his head as he watched the video

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfGbhtnGKOI)

 

but fortunately (for us) , he was beginning to think otherwise.

 

 

A/N:

sorry i didn't updat for a while, it's not me being busy, well yeah it is but i wasn't really sure what to do next. Had to fast forward it cause idk what else to do. hope this is good enough, no skytempo moment yet, but we'll get there..