53

Of The Guardians: Inheritor [Being Made Into a Novel Series]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And it shall come to pass afterward, That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions."

- Joel 2:28

 

"Kai, wake up," a voice rung in his ears. "Mmm..." Kai mumbled, rolling over and covering his ears with his pillow. "...WAKE UP!" it shouted. Kai instantly sprung up from his sleep. His reflexes reacted, causing both his arms to move into defensive positions. "What the frick?" Kai whispered, his drowsy eyes not believe what was seeing. Before the foot of his hammock stood a man who appeared to be in his thirties. He wore a white cloak with a hood which covered his obviously armored clothing beneath. The man looked apparition like, as if his impression was separated from Kai by a veil that made his countenance appear a bit pale.

"What's wrong, Kai? You act like you've never seen me before," the man chuckled. Kai, startled by the man's sudden appearance, moved back and almost fell off the hammock. "W-What?" he stammered. The man raised a brow at him, smirking a bit before he took off his hood. It was then that Kai could clearly see the man's face, and more interestingly, the flecks of gold within his dark brown eyes. Suddenly it hit him. "Nakka?" Kai asked, standing quickly to his feet. The Guardian nodded his head. "It's good to see you Kai, but in all seriousness, I don't have much time left," Nakka said, his face growing more tense.

"What do you mean? And in my defense, I've never actually seen you," Kai stated, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Nakka chuckled and sauntered over to the sleepy Inheritor, ruffling his hair. "That is very true. You've only heard my voice a few times. Oh how I wish I could talk to you more. Actually, we've been trying to get though to all of you for the longest time, like when you heard my voice back in Arth. But something... or someone... has been preventing us from doing so," Nakka explained. Kai's eyes widened as he saw the flash of worry cross Nakka's face. "Preventing you?" Nakka nodded. "We sense that a dark presence has arisen, and it's growing stronger," he explained.

Nakka moved towards the window and Kai followed. The Guardian stared at the moon with an intense gaze, but his expression was unreadable to Kai. "I came to tell you that you need to be careful. Something is trying to influence you, but we don't what it is yet," Nakka told him before he turned about and faced Kai, "Kora is Alagron's Inheritor, correct?" The tan boy nodded his head, causing Nakka to grin. "Take care of your blood covenant friend," he told him, "You might not always have her around." Kai frowned. "What do you mean?" he asked, but the Guardian shook his head. "It is not the season for that to be revealed to you," he answered.

"But-" "You will know when it is time," Nakka told him stern

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter