12

Of The Guardians: Inheritor [Being Made Into a Novel Series]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I like too many things and get all confused and hung up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."

- Jack Kerouac, On The Road 

 

"So, what did the elders find?" you asked the Council nervously. After the attack, Kris and Suho took the creature's corpse back to the Hall of Nefean while you went with Luhan to get permission from his parents to come with you. Though he opposed the idea, you thought it would be best if he got their permission instead of running away. Though it was pretty intense explaining all this information to his parents, they agreed after a quick debate with Luhan. I mean, who would dare refuse their son the chance to serve the Council or the chance to go into the Hall of Nefean? No one in his/her right mind anyways. It was easy to find Luhan, but you knew that he was probably going to be the easiest Inheritor you'd find.

"They examined the corpse you brought back and have determined through studying The Chronicles of Ordea that it is indeed a Skrill," Jaejoong said with a stern, yet worried voice. "Excuse me, sir, did you say a Skrill?" Suho asked unbelievingly. Jaejoong nodded his head. "But sir, they haven't been seen since the War of the Guardians!" he exclaimed. "Yes, we know that, Suho," Yoochun sighed. "And that red cape you brought back was quite interesting. Kora, would you like to look at it? I think you'll find it quite... intriguing," BoA said, motioning for you.

You left the center of the room and walked over to the examination table. The red hood that the little girl, the Skrill had worn was placed on it. You looked at it carefully. "Hm... What should I look for exact- Oh," you said in a shocked voice. There, in front of you, was the cape with the strange symbol you had seen in your illusion a few days ago right before you passed out. Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped. You tried to say something, but no sound would come out of your mouth. But who could blame you?

"Kora? What's wrong?" Luhan asked. He was now next to you, also staring at the cape along with Kris and Suho. "It's the same one, isn't it?" Kris asked uneasily as he looked at you. You looked back up at him and gave him a slow nod. "That means this was the creature that escaped the gate and killed the Kalima?" Suho asked, turning towards the Council. "We believe so, but who knows if others escaped afterwards?" Junsu answered. "Though we have not heard of any other Kalimas being attacked, we can only assume that more could have followed closely behind this one. The symbol on its cape suggests it to have been a leader of some sort," Max explained.

"So we took out a commander of these creepy things?" Luhan asked. Max nodded his head. "It would appear so." You were still trying to process this information when Yunho remembered something. "Oh, this young man, Luhan. Is he an Guardian?" he asked curiously. Kris, Suho, and you nodded in response. "Kora sensed that he was one of us," Kris told him. Yunho looked at Suho and nodded. Suho walked over and brought the Orb of Talsa. "Please come forward and place your hand on this," Yunho said. Luhan hesitated and looked back at you. You gave him a reassuring smile, which seemed to put him at ease.

He placed his hand onto the orb and closed his eyes. Instantly, you felt a strange force in the room. Suddenly, Kris, Suho, and you began to float in midair. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter