2

Of The Guardians: Inheritor [Being Made Into a Novel Series]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Python dropped his head lightly for a moment on Mowgli's shoulder, "A brave heart and a courteous tongue, " Said he. "They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling. But now go hence quickly with thy friends. Go and sleep, for the moon sets, and what follows it is not well that thou shouldst see."  

- Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book

 

"So... you’re saying that the Council of Ordea wants me... to go to Ordea... and do what?" you asked the stranger for about the tenth time as you two walked to your house. You still couldn't begin to comprehend what he was telling you. It seemed too outlandish to believe.

"The Council of Ordea has summoned you to go to Ordea to meet them. There, you will be given instruction on what you are to do. Do you understand this time, Kora?" the stranger asked you, still smiling brightly even though you could tell that he was probably getting a bit annoyed inside.

"Uh... sure... I think I've got it now," you answered uneasily. Who wouldn't feel awkward hearing this news from a complete stranger? You then realized that the Dragon Tamer never mentioned his name.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, who are you?" you questioned. He moved back a bit and bowed his head. "Oh, I apologize for not introducing myself. I am Kris of the tribe of Elinzar, messenger of the Kingdom of Ordea," he said.

He took something out of his pocket and showed it to you. It was a small pentagon; two of the parallel sides were longer than the others. It was decorated with a beautiful deep blue and a defined gold color. It was the seal of Ordea.

"Okay... nice to meet you, messenger of Ordea," you said. He smiled and put the seal back in his pocket. Suddenly you heard a loud crash and the sound of clanking metal.

"Oh no, not again!" you sighed. "What?" Kris asked, but not before you had already shot off running towards the sound. You ran as fast as you could to the storage house. I'm really losing my patience with these two!

 

Seeing that you already sped off, Kris ran after you. Where is she going in such a hurry? Kris chased you until he saw you stop in front of a large, ancient-looking building, probably created by your ancestors.

It was a building made out of grey stones. There were odd engravings on the walls that gave an ominous, light blue glow. Kris thought that the design of the structure was quite unique. It was much different from the buildings in Elinzar or in Ordea.

When you arrived, you grabbed the door and pulled it open, almost ripping it off its hinges. "KUZAN AND KARREN! GET OUT OF THERE RIGHT NOW!" you yelled angrily. Two dark brown heads instantly turned around to see you.

The two boys jumped up and rushed out the door, trying to avoid you. But you grabbed them by their collars and pulled them up. "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO SNEAK INTO THE STORAGE HOUSE!?" you scolded them. "About 19 times... yeah, exactly 19!" Kuzan answered you.

"You both know better than to go into the storage house when you still don't know how to harness energy yet! You could injure yourselves! Star energy is not to be toyed with! It is extremely dangerous and powerful!" you told them. They rolled their eyes at you, making you growl.

"You two could have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter