31

Of The Guardians: Inheritor [Being Made Into a Novel Series]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” 

-Mark Twain

"Kora, LOOK OUT!" Tao yelled. You looked up to see a flaming streak of red light shooting right at your face. A hand grabbed yours and harshly pulled you away just as the fire burned the wall you were leaning against. "What are you!?" Tao asked, his eyes darkening as you held onto his arm. The creature smirked and brushed her flames against the curtains of the room, enveloping the fabric in a blanket of red. "Me?" she asked, chuckling as she stepped closer. "I'm your worst nightmare."

You growled and threw one of your wrists blades at her head. Just before it could impact, she caught it between her fingers, smirking. "Not up to my speed." Tao pulled your arm and ran out of the room to the hallway. You eyed the metal cage that pulled you up and quickly looked at Tao, who shook his head. "No time for that!" he said before holding you in his arms and jumping out of the tower. His feet slid down the stone and metal sides slickly, just as a ball of fire scorched his heel. "Agh!" he grunted, losing his balance. Your eyes widened, and quickly, you held his arms and put your feet on the tower to balance both of you, jumping off onto the ground.

Tao turned around quickly and waved his arms towards Irra, who was scorching everything around her as she plunged down towards you. Suddenly, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. Your eyes darted to Tao, who looked at you with frantic eyes. "I'm not strong enough to hold too many things at once yet," he said. "I can only hold her flames off for so long. Let's go!"

You nodded and ran with him down through the courtyard. "HALT!" shouted the guards from the watchtower. They aimed arrows at you and shot them in a swift pace. "Why are you shooting us!?!" you yelled in annoyance. Another arrow was fired at your head, but you dodged it quickly. "HEY! Attack that thing! Not us!" you screamed at them. "CLOSE THE GATE!" someone yelled. Your eyes widened and looked forward to see the large gate doors closing quickly. You grabbed Tao's hand and sprinted as fast as you could out the gate, barely making it out.

Just as you made it out the gates, blazes of hot red flames encircled you. A loud screech echoed. Then, out of the flames strolled Irra. "If you can't even control your powers, how do you expect to defeat me?" she asked. Her face cracked a sinister smile, red eyes glinting. She lunged towards you and twirled her arms. Hot blasts of spinning fire were shot at your face. You quickly jumped to the side on your hands and sprung up beside her. She growled and relentlessly punched her flaming fists towards your body.

Tao took his black duel swords out and jumped above Irra, ing the metal at her aggressively. The woman jumped away quickly and threw a ball of flames at his body, which he dodged swiftly. "Why are you even trying?" she spat, laughing hysterically and throwing more streaks of red at you as you ran from her. She ran after you and shot fire at your feet, tripping you onto the hot ground. "KORA!" Tao yelled as he charged at Irra. The blazing woman shot a huge burst of fire at him. Tao's eyes widened and dropped his weapons, holding his hands forward to freeze the speed of the large sphere of flames.

Irra smirked and grabbed your hair, yanking your head up to face her. She cocked her head to the side and raised a flame in her hand, holding it beside your face. You furrowed your eyebrows, biting your lower lip so you wouldn't scream. You knew that was the one thing she wanted you to do: cry out for help, break down, and show your weakness. But you wouldn't let her. As your eyes met hers, you held your breath and coldly glared into her dark, molten eyes. "You have nowhere to go, blood of Alagorn!" she howled with a satisfied smirk, letting the flame touch part of your hair. "Your line of power

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter