48

Of The Guardians: Inheritor [Being Made Into a Novel Series]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure.”

- Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

 

It had taken a few days, but you had finally managed to reach boarder of the Western Sea Provence. You had no idea what to expect considering your whole childhood had been spent living in the depths of Eliade, which was more or less a jungle region. Most of the water you saw cascaded down from the waterfalls into river, so you weren't exactly sure what an actual sea looked like. Lots of water for sure. Ramulin always told me of the adventures he took when he was younger, you thought. From what you could gather it was supposed to be like a giant lake of sorts. But this... this surpassed far beyond your expectations.

"LOOK! I CAN SEE IT!" Suho said excitedly as he guided Aeyow by the reigns. The seven of you peered down, gazing upon the body of blue beneath you. "Wow," you gasped with wide eyes. You would never had imagined the sea to look this stunning. The deep shade of blue went on as far as your eyes could see, moving with a steady current to and fro. The taste of salt infiltrated your senses as you inhaled a deep breath of this fresh ocean air.

"Suho, this is amazing," Kai said as he looked upon the white city. Every building was made with a dome roof that came to a point at the top. This reminded you of temples your family would visit during various tribal festivals. "Look at those statues!" Baekhyun exclaimed with excitement as he pointed at several carvings below. Along with the beautiful architecture you could see giant statues of animals peppered throughout the city. The rush of water grew louder as Aeyow flew lower. Kris glided beside the rest of you.

"Ah, these waterfalls make me miss the good old days," he said with a grin as he looked over at Suho. Ah, that's right. Kris and Suho grew up together after being enrolled under Ordea. They must have been in their early teens, you thought.  "Ah, you mean all those times I would push you over them?" the scribe laughed. Kris' face quickly turned grim. "Okay, that's one aspect I don't miss at all. What the heck were you thinking?" he grumbled. "Hey, I was helping you practice your flying, okay?" Suho said in his defense. Kris shook his head. "Right.... sure," he said before diving down towards one of the buildings, leaving the rest of you in the dust. Suho looked back at the rest of you. "Don't worry, I am a responsible person!" he declared. "Mhm, sure," the six of you separately answered, not buying it for a minute.

"I'm serious guys," the scribe insisted as he led Aeyow down to an open area, which you assumed was a dragon stable based on the design being that of a landing space. The black dragon landed quickly and the seven of you hopped off the saddle. "Ah, my legs feel wobbly," Luhan complained as he stretched, cracking his neck. "Same. Gosh, I thought my legs were going to go numb before we got here," Kai said as he rubbed his sore calves. Everyone else seemed to agree except Lay, who had remained quiet through the entire trip. "You okay?" you questioned. He looked up at you and nodded silently. He must be home sick, you concluded. "So, where are we supposed to go from here?" Tao asked as he looked around at the vastness of the city. "Ah don't worry," Suho said, "When you're amongst the tribe of Harum, hospitality finds you when you least expect i-"

"BY THE MAKER SPIRIT, IS THAT SUHO?!" A voice thundered. Your attention turned to the source of the voice. Standing to the l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter