Touch of Light

The 2 Kingdoms

 

 

  

"Soori…? Soori, can you hear me?"

Silence.

"Soori..."

Her eyes finally opened and she found Suho staring at her while smiling widely. She realized that she was in her guest room at the castle again, as she noticed the familiar royal wallpaper.

"Thank God! She's finally awake!" Soori could hear Chanyeol's deep voice from the side and she tried to straighten up. Her body was still limp and she felt like she didn't have any energy to get up.

"Good Heavens. You did it again this time, Jinri!" said a woman at Soori's side. She was wearing a cloak and her arms filled with many tattoos or runes until up to her neck. She seemed mysterious but her aura told that she was a nice person. Soori's gaze trailed to her side, as stood a younger girl—short hair, baby faced, milky white skin--smiling at her while clapping her hands.

"Yeah. Finally! My healing works well!" said the girl named Jinri. Soori frowned as she didn't have a clue of what was happening. Suho finally realized it and then tried to explain what happened.

It turned out that Soori has collapsed for about three days since that Kris incident. And this girl here, Jinri, was brought by BoA, the Lady of Fortune to heal Soori. She was a healer in training, not a healer yet but her skills were quite amazing and she was BoA's student.

"She's still in training but she managed to heal a few people. It will be a lot easier if we still have Lay around—“ BoA stopped as she realized that the other boys stiffened a bit when she mentioned Lay and then she cleared . "—uhm, anyway. You're healed now. Just need more rest and your energy will fully back." Said BoA and she smiled.

"Whoa, that's a relieve. I thought you will never woke up, Soori. Even Kai has already making us worried," said D.O. Soori frowned again. She tried to clear things up but then D.O mentioned Kai. 

"Wait… What happened to Kai?" Soori said as she looked kind of worried.

"Jinri healed him too, but his condition was quite critical. He's still weak," Suho answered. His expression changed and was rather more… sad.  

Baekhyun, who was actually there the whole time, frowning as he looked at Soori who was very concerned about Kai. She didn't even ask about him!

"Where is he? Is he okay?" She managed to say.

"He's fine. He's resting in the next room. Well, If you want to know that much." Baekhyun said sarcastically.

And that was the time when Soori finally realized that Baekhyun was there too. Her eyes trailed at his leg, which was now covered in bandages and he was holding a cane to support himself. His face was still covered with a few bruises, especially his cheek that was still colored with a slight purple-ish, caused by Kris' punches. Soori suddenly felt bad as mentioning Kai first before she could even ask for Baekhyun's condition. 

"Baekhyun…" She only managed to say that, but the said boy was just looking away, avoiding her gaze.

“Anyway, we should be leaving by now. If something happens again, don't bother to call us." Said BoA and she smiled to everyone. "Then I'll see you soon, Soori. Very soon." She said to Soori as she looked at her in the eyes. Something about her made Soori shivered and she didn't bother to find out.

"Bye, Soori! You'll be healthy in no time! Trust me!" said that Jinri girl as she smiled happily at Soori. She looked like a very friendly girl and Soori couldn't help but smiled back.

Just as BoA and Jinri were about to leave, Soori called. "Wait!" BoA was a lady of fortune, right? She should know anything about her. And Soori tend to find out. "W-what exactly am I?" Soori suddenly asked and BoA finally turned around. 

"Good question. I would be curious too if I were you," BoA said with a smile. "You're a magician, Soori. A very powerful magician. Well, I should say… you're a sorcerer." 

Almost all of the people in the room gasped but Soori was just widened her eyes. 

"But, sorcerers are very rare now. And, she's not from this world. How…?" Baekhyun blurted, he sounded surprised as well as the others who was nodded as they agreed with Baekhyun.

"Sorcerers are a wanderer, Prince Baekhyun." Her voice was stern, emphasizing the word ‘prince’. Her eyes trailed to Baekhyun and her body followed. Baekhyun could hear a clinging sound from her bracelets, which filled the silent room.  "They could go anywhere they want, because their power works everywhere." The Lady of Fortune walked around the room, as if she was telling a story to the rest of the people inside the room. 

Silence.

"Unfortunately, they're still bound by the council. And that's why they're still receiving punishment if they do anything wrong. But you know… the outside world. There are so many distractions that could make them break the rules. And you know what happens if we reached limits of breaking the council rules?" BoA asked. Soori didn't know why she could be that calm while the others were getting tensed.

"Death..." D.O muttered.

"Right. Death. That's why sorcerers are rarely exists now. Because many of them… are killed."

Silence filled the room again as they imagined how cruel it was.

"And, that means, Soori is…" Suho slowly spoke.

"Yes. She's one of the sorcerers remaining."

Soori's heart beat fast. It was a very strong fact she could accept, and a very impossible one.

"But… that's impossible! I mean… how? I'm just a normal high school girl," Soori said, a bit freaking out.

"Any impossible things could be possible, Soori." BoA said, her eyes was now locked to her. "And there must be a reason why you've been called into his world," 

Soori was trembling. Her grip on the blanket on top of her was tightened, making her hands a bit pale. This is wrong. No. I am dreaming. This is all a dream. But no matter what, this was all too real for a dream.

"Who knows? Maybe you're someone special, Soori." BoA said casually, but her eyes seemed serious.

"Well. That's all I could say. Good evening, everyone." Said BoA as she bowed and heading towards the door, followed by Jinri. The situation was still rather gloomy as everyone was still surprised by BoA's statement.  "Ah, one more thing!" BoA said before she went out. She glanced a bit as her face turned serious. "Be careful. When the dark covered the light completely, you guys are in danger." 

She finally said and went out of the room. The corridor of the castle was too vacant and creepy, but that was nothing to BoA. Jinri's steps quickened a bit to manage her teacher's and she finally turned to her.

"Songsaengnim, what did you mean by that?" The girl asked, her eyes was very pleading and wanted for an answer as she was very curious on her own.

"By what?" BoA answered, not even bother to look at her student.

"That last sentence. About the dark cover the light or something."

BoA's lips curved into a smile. Not a friendly one, yet a threatening one. "It's none of your business, Jinri-ssi. They'll found out soon enough."

Jinri remained silent. She knew that The Lady of Fortune has never been wrong, the lady knows the future, even it was a bad or a good one. With a sigh, she just hoped that everything was going to be alright.

 

 

"Get well soon, Soori! So you can teach us some sword techniques as soon as possible!" Chanyeol said and then ruffled Soori's hair. 

"Yeah, I'll cook you more food if you're healthy again," D.O grinned and pinched her nose. They were so kind and silly which made the mood lighter for Soori. She was now smiling and chuckling every time Chanyeol or D.O would joke around her.

"Okay guys. I will." Soori said and waved at them as they went out of the room.

Suho gave her a gentle smile and patted her shoulder. "Get well soon, our princess." Suho said and Soori's eyes widened, a bit taken aback by Suho's sentence.

"Oh My God, that's so cheesy…" she said and chuckled.

"Well, it suits you well than a master…" 

"Oh, you got a point!" she said while smiling at the oldest prince.

"But I’m still considering you as our sword master, though. Do not forget that!" Suho shouted as he headed to the door.

"Yah! Just get out!" Soori said and laughed. She stopped when Baekhyun suddenly cleared his throat and looked at her. Again, she forgot that this boy was still there. "Oh, Baekhyun…" Soori called with a low voice. She didn't know why but she felt a bit awkward around him.

"Uh, just—take care." Baekhyun said shortly and headed to the door.

"Wait!" 

Baekhyun stopped and looked at the girl.

"Are you… alright?" Soori finally said. He was slightly irritated because he waited for that question for such a long time but the girl has just asked it right now. Baekhyun just sighed and stared at his leg.

"If you think that this is alright then...yes. Maybe?" Said Baekhyun and Soori could realize a slight of annoyance from this tone.

"Hey… don't be like that! At least I asked." Soori pouted a bit and Baekhyun now could consider it as his weak point because it was freakingly works to soften him. He rubbed the back of his neck and groaned in annoyance.

"Ugh. This girl." He mumbled.

"How's your leg?" Soori asked as she stared at his bandaged leg, her eyes softened.

"Fine" he answered very short.

Soori frowned and she tried to straighten up. "Liar. It's not fine. Let me see it—ouch!" Again, her body ached as she tried to move forward. 

Baekhyun immediately ran to her, well if it was considered as running since he was injured. He was not quick but he tried as hard as he could to reach her and finally grabbed her arm. He fixed the pillows and helped her leaned back against it slowly--pulling up the blanket up so she wouldn't get cold.

"Don't move too much, you idiot!" Baekhyun yelped and tried to hide his worried over her. Soori narrowed her eyes and punched his arm lightly.

"You're the one who’s an idiot. Tried to run with that leg? You could fall you know," Soori said as she worried about him too, which made Baekhyun wanted to smile but he hold it.

"I'm fine. Really." He said confidently.

"Oh, really? Then let's see—“

"Owww! No!" Baekhyun yelled as she tried to reach his leg which is she couldn't. His hand automatically grabbing her wrist and she let out a chuckle, a weak one, to be exact. Soori stopped and she closed his eyes as she felt tired already. Baekhyun could feel from her wrist that she was very weak. He gently let go of it and silence took over. He could hear her soft breaths that were quite unstable and it worried him more.

"Hey… just sleep. You need more rest," said Baekhyun and this time, his tone was a lot more softer. 

Soori opened her eyes slowly, and saw Baekhyun smiling at her. Even it was just one smile, her heart flattered. Baekhyun suddenly held up his hand and tucked a strain of her hair behind her ear.

Soori's eyes widened because of his sudden touch, especially when Baekhyun suddenly her hair softly. "You've been through quite much. Now just sleep, okay?" 

Soori didn't even know that there was this side of Baekhyun. A sweet and caring one. But she didn't care, at least she loved this side of him. Soori nodded slowly and smiled at him. She looked at Baekhyun who was now pulled a chair and put it at the side of her bed before sitting on it.

"What are you doing?" She managed to say.

"Accompanying you," he said casually but Soori was just staring at him. "What? You don't want to? Then—“

"No! Wait, yes! I mean… well, I don't mind… since… I don't like to be alone…" she said awkwardly. To be honest, she loves it when Baekhyun was around her and she felt incredibly happy that Baekhyun would accompany her sleep.

"Okay then. Sleep tight, idiot." Said Baekhyun while grinning at her.

Soori glared at him before she closed her eyes. She turned her position into other way so Baekhyun wouldn't see that she was smiling crazily.

She could feel butterflies in her stomach and her heart was thumping non-stop.

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun… you're making me crazy.