When the Knight meets the Warrior

The 2 Kingdoms

 

DOUBLE UPDATES, EHEHEHE! 

Enjoy ;D


 

 

Baekhyun was running through the forest, searching for Soori. He was worried, so worried.

Oh God, where is that girl?

He grew more panicked and stopped when he reached in the middle of the forest. He looked around at the surroundings. There was no sign of anyone. Baekhyun tried to walk slowly and examined the place.

Crack. He immediately turned around and carefully hid behind the trees. “Someone’s here…” he muttered. Suddenly, someone was passing through the trees. Baekhyun grew curious and followed it direction slowly.

He was leaning on one of the trees as he heard someone’s footsteps were getting closer to him. He grabbed his sword, getting ready to attack.

“Three… two…” he was counting in whisper. “One!”

He got out from the trees and pushed that person into a tree while holding out his sword.

“AH!” That person shrieked and made Baekhyun flinched.

He froze as he saw whom it was.

“S-Soori?”

“God, It’s just you! What’s with the sword and… stuff? Who do you think I am?” Soori complained.

Baekhyun stepped back and lowered down his sword awkwardly. He cleared his throat and tried to be cool. “Uhm… sorry? I guess… I was a little bit carried away.” He said, avoiding Soori’s gaze.

“Hmm, o…kay?” Soori looked at him confused. “What are you doing here anyway? Gosh, you’re sweating as hell. It’s like you’ve been chased by a lion or something,” said Soori casually.

Chased by a lion? I was searching for you, dammit! Baekhyun thought as he gave Soori an annoyed look while Soori just remained poker face.

“Well, What are you doing here?! It’s you who was running away from us and made us searching for you everywhere! Do you know that it’s dangerous out here?! You could’ve been eaten by a lion or maybe fell down from a cliff or… Aish!” Baekhyun grew frustrated and scratched his head.

Soori surprised of his reaction and laughed dryly. What the? I guess he can be worried too, huh…

“Well, see? I’m okay. Let’s just get back to the others.” said Soori. She was about to walk away and stopped when she realized that Baekhyun was still standing there in frustration. His face looked so worried as if he wanted to cry.

Soori’s softened and approached him. Is he… really that worried? She thought and bit her lower lip as she held out her hand to pat Baekhyun’s shoulder even she was a bit hesitated to do that.

“Hey, uhm… I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have wandering around. It’s my fault…” said Soori softly.

“No. I’m sorry,” said Baekhyun and slowly turned to her. Soori was surprised of his sudden action. She grew nervous as Baekhyun started to look at her in the eyes. He looked so sincere, so pure, and gorgeous……

“I shouldn’t have yelling at you at that time. I’m not mad though, I’m just—I’m sorry,” said Baekhyun gently.

Soori’s heart was beating so fast than usual. Darn. Why am I being like this?

Soori tried to break the ‘soft moment’ and patted Baekhyun’s shoulder awkwardly. “It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize to me. Besides, you’re a prince. You don’t have to do this," she said while laughing dryly-even she didn’t have a clue why did she do that because nothing was funny. Baekhyun was just staring at her confused and made Soori more embarrassed.

“Babo,” he muttered. Soori kept laughing but then stopped.

“Wait—what did you say?!” Baekhyun walked away and a smile appeared on his face. “Yah! Did you just call me babo? Hey!” she called while trying to catch up at him.  “Well, whatever!” she said, annoyed and walked faster than Baekhyun, leaving him behind.

“Hey! Soori!” Baekhyun called. Her heart skipped a bit as she heard Baekhyun was calling her name. She was about to turn around but Baekhyun grabbed her wrist and pulled her closed to him until they were almost hugging each other. She grew more nervous and started to stutter.

“W-what are you doing?”

“Stay close to me. It’s dangerous around here.” He said as he looked down to Soori and smiled gently.

 


 

 

Suho was trying to patrol around the forest and searched if there was any sign of Kris. Along with D.O, they didn’t have a clue what was going on with Kris and Kai because they fought near the hill that was far from Suho and D.O. But something was bothering Suho. He felt something bad was happening even he didn’t know what was happening.

“Hyung! Bad news!” Said Chanyeol while running towards Suho and D.O, panting.  Suho frowned and prepared to hear the news.

“What? Is something happened?” asked Suho.

“The Council…” Replied Chanyeol while still trying to manage his breath.

Suho’s eyes widened when he heard ‘Council’.

“What about it?” he tried to be calm.

“They knew… they found out that the leader of EXO-M is here, on this kingdom.” Said Chanyeol desperately. Suho closed his eyes trying to be calm even his hand formed into a fist and he felt like he wanted to punch someone that time.

He sighed heavily and walked to the carriage. “I’m going to take care the things on the council, you guys patrol the forest. Okay?”

Chanyeol and D.O nodded. Suho was about to go but then Sehun came while running in panicked. He was sweating and his face was full of worried.

“Hyung!”

Everyone turned to him. Suho saw him he went without Kai. Right then, he knew that something bad happened to Kai.

“What happened?” Suho asked calmly. Sehun was about to say something but he found it hard because he was so shock. “SPIT IT OUT!” Suho yelled.

“K-Kai hyung… he…”

“Where is he?” Suho asked.

“Near t-the hill…” Said Sehun stuttered.

“D.O, Chanyeol,” called Suho. They looked as Suho, understand at the leader’s command. “Help Kai. You, maknae. Come with me.”

Chanyeol and D.O ran towards the forest right away as Sehun came with Suho.

“Where are we going, hyung?”

“We’re heading to the council.” The oldest replied with his serious tone.

 


 

 

“Baekhyun. Yah! Byun Baekhyun!” said a voice on Baekhyun’s head. Baekhyun stopped when he heard it.

“Hey, what happen?” asked Soori. Baekhyun frowned until he realized that it was Chanyeol’s voice. They had some sort of telepathy between each other princes.

“Oh, Chanyeol. What happen?”

“Emergency. Kai is injured. D.O and I are heading to him. Listen, the council knew about this. Suho hyung and Sehun are heading to the council. Did you find Soori?”

Baekhyun froze for a moment. Kai’s injured? The council knew? He couldn’t believe it actually. But it was reality.

“Soori’s with me…” answered Baekhyun.

“Good. Just take her to the palace safely. We’ll handle this.” said Chanyeol.

“Hey, wait a second. Kai… is it because of…”

“Yes. It’s because of him.” He paused for a moment, before continuing. “Gotta go. We have to find Kai. See you.” said Chanyeol, and the connection was gone.

Baekhyun was pissed. Kris was hurting his dongsaeng. He couldn’t accept this.

“Hey… whom are you talking to? What happened?” Soori asked, dumfounded.

“I’ll explain it later, we have to hurry.” he grabbed Soori’s hand, and started running out of the forest.

 

--

 

They made it into the carriage and now heading back to the palace. The trip was so quiet. Baekhyun didn't say any word neither did Soori. She didn't have courage to say anything despite the fact that Baekhyun was seriously looking outside the window, thinking of something seriously.

Soori unconsciously was staring at Baekhyun since then until now. They sat opposite each other and they realized that only the two of them were inside the carriage. She kept playing with her finger as she felt awkward.

Baekhyun felt that someone was staring at him and he suddenly glanced at Soori who was caught staring at him. She flinched and immediately looked at the other way.

He rolled his eyes and looked outside the window again. He didn't realize that he was smiling now.

Soori silently stared at him again and Baekhyun quickly turned to her that made her shocked a little bit.

"What?" He said.

"What?" Soori replied.

"What?"

"What?"

“What?” Soori shrugged and made Baekhyun wanted to laugh a bit but he looked away. Soori pouted and looked away again.

When she started to glance at Baekhyun again, she realized that Baekhyun was now sitting beside her and staring at her closely.

"AHHHHHH!" She yelled and made Baekhyun jumped a bit.

"AHHH—“ Baekhyun yelled back. “WHAT THE—“

"YOU SCARED ME!"

"Well, you keep staring at me!" He stopped when he realized that his face was just a few inches away from Soori. His heart started beating faster and he stepped back a little.

Oh come on, act normal, Baekhyun! He thought and looked away. He didn't realize that he was blushing and made Soori smiled. Omo. He's blushing... That's quite something.

"You're blushing." Soori blurted.

"What?! No! No I'm not!" He said panicked and crossed his hand while pouting like a child.

Soori laughed and Baekhyun frowned. "Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. It's just.... Omo. You're funny," she said, smiling.

Baekhyun saw her smile and his heart softened. She's pretty when she smiles... He thought and smiled too.

Soori stopped when she suddenly remembered Kris.

"Uhm... Baekhyun?" she called.

"Hmm?"

"Do you know... Kris?" She asked innocently. Baekhyun stopped smiling and frowned.

"Kris? How did you know him?” His expression changed and looked shocked a bit. “Wait. Don’t tell me you…” he trailed off.

"What? Why? Is something bad about him? He didn't seem bad though..."

"Stay away from him," Baekhyun muttered.

"W-why?" Soori asked confused.

"He's dangerous Soori. Stay away from him." Baekhyun said seriously.

"But he—“

"He hurt Kai!" Baekhyun raised his tone and made Soori stopped. "He's bad Soori. Don't ever get near to that guy again. You won't believe what he would do when he has a plan." Said Baekhyun and went back to his sit like before.

Soori looked around. Dumfounded. That Kris? I... I don't believe him.

 

Just about that, something has fell hard on top of the carriage and then the carriage stopped.

"What is that?" Baekhyun whispered. Soori was getting panicked and confused. "Stay here. Don't ever come out until I said so." He said and went out.

He walked to the front and searched for Mr. Yang, his royal assistant.

"Mr. Yang, are you okay? Mr. Yang?" called Baekhyun and he stopped when he saw a stranger caught Mr. Yang from behind. He was trembling and he was gesturing at Baekhyun not to get close to him.

"Run, prince Baekhyun, run!" He shouted. But Baekhyun didn't run. He glared at stranger who was actually not a stranger at all. The person laughed and looked at Baekhyun.

"It's been a long time, huh? Byun Baekhyun." He said he gazed into Baekhyun’s deeply.

Baekhyun frowned and tried to hold back his anger before saying his name.

 

 

 

“Kris Wu Yi Fan."