Same As Day and Night, Darkness Is Approaching

The 2 Kingdoms

 

 

Suho walked through the dark hall, followed by Sehun. His eyes were locked ahead, didn’t care about the situation around. He hates it, the place, the people, and surroundings. It was splendid, actually. Beautiful if we see from the art point of view, but dark as we see in our own eyes. The shadow army were everywhere, standing there on the left and right, guarding the hall that leads to the main room of The Council Building.

 

Sehun frowned, as he kept following Suho from behind. He didn’t dare to stay away from his hyung as he kept his head down, avoiding the army’s gaze. Same with his hyung, he hates The Council Building. He has been there once and that wasn’t such a wonderful trip, he must say.

“Hyung,” he whispered. He slightly pulled Suho’s sleeve and ran a bit to catch up with him.

Suho turned and slowed down as he understood that the maknae was uncomfortable with the place. He nodded, demanding for his question.

“Do I have to come with you? I hate it here,” Sehun muttered. Suho softly smiled, just to comfort the maknae, even he knew that it won’t help.

“Yes, you have to. You saw Kris, you could help me to explain to the ministers. It’s okay. I won’t let them hurt you.” He said as calm as he could. Sehun sighed and nodded.

 

They were near to the end of the hall, which it led them to the big and luxurious door at the end. A man wearing a white robe stood there in front of the door, waving at them. Suho could recognize him clearly from afar. He was the one and only best companion from the council, Minister Cho Kyuhyun.

He gave Suho a friendly smile, as Suho and Sehun has arrived in front of the main room. Suho bowed to him, and gesturing Sehun to bowed too. Kyuhyun let out a small laugh, seeing the maknae was trembling as hell. He patted Sehun’s shoulder and smiled.

“It’s okay, boy. Calm down. It’s not like the council is a hell.” He joked, which made Sehun puzzled. Minister can joke too? He thought.

 

Kyuhyun turned to Suho, and his expression went serious.  “I’ve talk to the other ministers. As usual, they’re aggressive, but I’ve tried my best to support you guys on this. Don’t worry, I got your back.” Said Kyuhyun and patted Suho’s arm.

Suho couldn’t help but smiled. “Thank you, Minister Cho.”

“Oh, come on. How many times do I have to tell you? Enough with the formalities! Just call me hyung as usual.” He smiled and leaned closer to whisper. “Are you ready? Just remember, explain what happened on the forest and let me handle the rest. Taemin’s helping too,” he whispered. Suho glanced at him and nodded. Right then, Kyuhyun gave signal to the army and they opened the door.

 

They could see inside of the main room ahead of them. There was a huge long table which is surrounded by the other ministers. Their gaze shifted to Suho and Sehun, who were standing by the door. Sehun frowned. His hands were getting sweaty as he nervous. He could see Taemin’s concerned face, looking at them. He suddenly remembered the same situation as he entered the main room, long time ago. He closed his eyes and slightly shook his head.

“Ah, you guys have come.” said Minister Ahn from the end of the table. “Come on in, leader of EXO-K…” His eyes trailed to Sehun and softly smiled before adding, “…and the maknae too.” He gestured them to come in.

Suho took a deep breath as Sehun gulped nervously. Along with Kyuhyun, they entered the main room.

 

“So, mind to explain to us, why Kris Wu Yi Fan is here?” asked Minister Ahn. He was playing with his glass of wine while staring at Suho. His eyes were dark and scary. Suho has always tense when he faced the head of the Council, Minister Ahn Chilhyun.

“The thing is, Minister Ahn—“ said Suho but cut off by Minister Ahn.

“Just…call me Kangta, you know it.” He said and smiled.

Suho nodded and held out a small grin as he saw that Kangta was grinning too. "Okay enough chit-chat. Get back to the point," said Kangta and his smile gone, replaced by his serious expression which made Suho remained poker face right away.

"Right. Sorry, Kangta." Said Suho, a little bit awkward of calling him by his fake name. "About Wu—I mean, Kris." Said Suho, tried to be calm. "He appeared right about this morning. Baekhyun saw his shadow on the sky, above the dark hill and we headed there right away. We don't know his purpose of coming here. Well, not yet. We, EXO-K, were never made any contact to EXO-M ever since—“ He stopped and frowned. Kangta raised his brow, anticipated for his next words. "—that incident," he whispered on his last sentence.

"So? What happened next?" asked Kangta, it was indeed that he was curious but judging from his tone, he tried to stay cool.

"We started to patrol, searching for him. There was no sign of Kris. Well, at first. But we sensed him. And we were right, he was there. Sehun and Kai found him near the hill and then—“

"We tried to stop him, but Kai hyung and Kris hyung ended up fighting…" blurted Sehun.

Kangta's eyes trailed to Sehun, which was same as everyone. Sehun was nervous but he tried to be brave and stared at Kangta even he was starting to get sweaty as he tightened his grip above his thighs.

Kangta's lips curved into a smile as he was gesturing Sehun to continue.

"It was bad though, they're both strong and they used their powers for too many times. As I expected, Kai hyung was not strong enough. Because we…" Sehun stopped. He started panting and looked around as he grew panicked.

Taemin started to look worried after Sehun mentioned Kai while Suho tried to calm the maknae.

"Calm down, Sehun. Calm down, take it easy." Whispered Suho. Sehun slightly nodded and continued.

"We have limits." He said desperately and looked down. "We can't use our power too much and that's why Kai hyung was taken down. He's injured—he hurt him. Kris hurt him!" Sehun raised his tone. He didn’t use hyung and it meant that he was pissed. His eyes were getting watery as he looked up and stared at Kangta again.

Kangta nodded softly. He felt bad though about Kai. He knew that Sehun was close to Kai and he finally sighed before looking at Sehun and Suho as calm as he could.

On the other hand, Taemin's eyes widened and he quickly stood up.

"KAI'S HURT?! WHERE IS HE? IS HE OKAY? KRIS THAT BASTARD!" said Taemin, clenching his teeth in furious.

"Calm down Minister Lee! Just sit down! We know he’s your brother, but calm down!” said Kangta, even he was yelling a little. Taemin rolled his eyes and went back to sit. He was indeed pissed off because someone was hurting his brother that he loves so much.

"He's okay. Chanyeol and D.O are taking care of him. In fact, we'll continue our operation. We'll handle Kris, there's nothing that the council should worry about." said Suho clearly. His voice was firm, showing his responsibility as a leader. He was hoping for an agreement from Kangta, but Kangta was just laughing instead.

"No. I won't let you." Kangta suddenly said which made Suho and Sehun surprised along with Kyuhyun and Taemin.

"The council will handle this case. We're not letting you guys the princes involve with EXO-M again. This case is serious and dangerous. Leave it to us." Said Kangta as he showed his mischevious smile.

"But Sunbae, let EXO-K deal with this. It's their problem too and they have rights to involve with this case. Same as the last problem," said Kyuhyun, tried to convince Kangta.

"Yeah I agreed with that. It's EXO-M we're talking about. The one who can face them is EXO-K!" Taemin added.

 

"You two! Enough of this! I'm the one who make the decisions and either you have to prove it or get asses out from the council!" said Kangta in anger which made Kyuhyun and Taemin ran out of words.

"Really? You make the decisions?" said a voice from the corner of the room. All heads turned to the person. She smiled while crossing her arms in front of her. Her face was covered by the darkness until she stepped forward and let the light showed her face clearly.

Everyone seemed surprised by her presence except Kangta, who didn't bother to turn and look at her. Kangta laughed dryly as he welcomed her, still didn't turn. "Welcome back, BoA," he said and kept playing with his glass of wine.

BoA took a sit near Kangta and leaned back on her chair, looking at Kangta.

Suho frowned as he looked at her. It's been a long time since he saw her. She didn't change though. Her red-wine hair was still the same, not to mention the marks all over her hands and her neck were still there. Probably a few on her feet were still there too but Suho didn't bother to find out.

She was wearing the council's robe same as others but there always some things that made her different. She was always dressed up so eccentric, with a lot of gold bracelet in her wrists, her random necklace around her neck and her spooky make up, according to him. She looked more like a gipsy. Well, a lot more stylish, he thought.

"It's true that you're our leader. But you have to discuss with the other members… and in my opinion, I prefer that EXO-K should handle this," a victory smile appear on her face as she waited for Kangta's respond.

Kangta let out a heavy sigh before answering. "Why do you here anyway, Boa? You rarely come to the meeting and now you just came out of nowhere and then tried against my will?" he glared at BoA but she just shrugged.

"Well, I feel like I have to attend this one," she said and smiled again. "Besides, they could handle EXO-M well, I know it. One of their members is brave too. Sneaking out to the M's quarters in the middle of the night…" She mumbled at her last sentence.

Kangta looked at her confused and Suho was getting tense by her words but she changed the topic immediately after eyeing Suho. She knew about Kai was spying?! Suho thought but tried to stay calm.

She gave an 'I knew it' look but then she smiled. "So, what do you say? Huh?" She asked.

Kangta closed his eyes as he rubbed his temples to calm himself down. He didn't have a choice, actually. He knew why BoA came that time. The Lady of Fortune has never wrong and she always knew the right thing to do.

He groaned before he finally spoke again. "Fine. Let it be like that." He said without looking at BoA. He seemed annoyed but he knew he ended up agreed with her.

"Great! Then our business here is done! Congratulations EXO-K, the case is yours!" said BoA in excitement as she stood up and shook Suho and Sehun's hand which made them confused a bit. "Well? What are you waiting for? The meeting is over. Go home," she said casually as she shooed the people in the room to go out. Kangta rolled his eyes and looked away.

"You guys may go home. Good luck! Oh, and your friend, Kai. He's going to be alright. Don't worry." She said nicely. Suho and Sehun bowed to her and thanked her. They knew that she was on their side and they relieved.

Suho and Sehun was about to walk out but stopped as Kangta told them something.

"The case is maybe yours. But listen to me one thing," he said seriously. Suho glanced at him, along with Sehun too. "We, The Council, are still taking place to handle the case. And remember, with their leader in our kingdom again, they will comeback. Not for just reunion, but revenge." He stood up and glared at them.

"Revenge means war, Suho. And it's about to begin... I will send more shadow army to guard you guys. The case is yours, but it's still under the guarding of the council. If you guys failed to handle it, the council will immediately step in." He said firmly, making BoA laughed dryly and rolled her eyes. She knew it would become like this but she didn't bother to say a thing.

 

Kangta approached Suho and patted his shoulder from behind. "Remember, it's dangerous." He leaned forward before he whispered,

 

 

 

 

"Because same as day and night, darkness is approaching."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hello? It's nice to finally update this fic again...