Tired Of Life

The 2 Kingdoms

It was 6am and the sun had emerged. Her alarm was ringing so loud as it wakes her up. She didn’t care and slipped her head under her pillow while turning the alarm off without even looking at it.

 

, first day of school, she thought about last year that she has been given the 'miss always late' award at the school. It would affect her grade if she late again this year. After a view minutes, she lifted her head up to see the clock.

 

“IT’S 6.30 ALREADY?! I’M GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN!!!” She woke up immediately and ran towards her bathroom to get ready for school.           

 

Choi Soori, a beautiful smart girl who would start her 2nd year in high school today. She was very talented and many teachers admired her achievement except for her attitude. She was very careless and a sloppy girl. She was cold to people and she doesn’t care about everybody’s feeling for her especially when it comes to romance. Many boys had a crush on her but she didn’t care. One time, there was a boy confessed to her but she was just looking at him in sarcastic way and walked away.  

 

She ran downstairs in a hurry until she almost tripped. She already wore her blue-silver uniform and black converse as usual. Her mom has made her a breakfast in the table but she just took the milk and ran to the front door.

 

“Yah! You should at least eat something!” Her mom shouted.

“It’s okay! I’ll eat at school. I’m going to be late, see you later mom!” She said and went outside. She took her bike and left her house.

 

 

Her school was only a few blocks from her house and 10 minutes later she has already arrived at her school. Soori walked to the announcement board and checked the new class arrangement. She looked at the papers and searched her name.

 

In a few seconds, she has found her name listed in the second paper from the left. She looked at her name then she looked at the top of the paper:

 

Choi Soo Ri / Class 2-2.

Today’s schedule: Math with Mr. Kim, English with Mr. Park and Science with Miss Lee.  

 

"Oh crap. Why the teachers are them? This day is getting worst," She mumbled and walked towards her new class in the second floor.

 

When she got in, she saw her new classmates. Park Haeji and her drama queen friends were in the same class as her. They’ve always been her ‘enemy’ in the school just because they envy Soori. Mean teachers and annoying classmates… What else? She sighed and sat in an empty chair near the windows.

 

A few hours passed and Soori has just got home with a bad mood. Her mom asked what happened but she didn’t bother to answer.

 

She was about to go upstairs but she stopped and turned around. “Where’s dad?” She asked.

“Umm... He’s at work, you know that.” Her mom gave her a worried look.

“Work, work, work. Does he never get tired about that? How about me? How about us? Why is he never spend some time just for us?” She unconciously raising her tone, as a frown appeared on her face.

“Soori... We talked about this...” Her mom softened a bit but her daughter was just sending her a cold stare.

“Forget it. I don’t care anymore.”  

She went to her room and threw her bags on the floor before jumped out to her bed. She leaned over her bed and looked up to the ceilings. “Ugh. I’m tired of this. Why always when I depressed, you’re not here with me?”

 

I miss you, dad. My life became very deserted when you’re not around, a sigh escaped her lips as she started to grew tired. 

 

“Screw this. I’m tired of this life!” She put her head above her pillow. “I wish I can get out from this world and get away from it all...” She put a resentful smile.

 

“Huh... Like that will happen...” She looked at the clock. 07:00 PM. She rested herself for awhile and her eyes started to close. She pulled her blankets up and fell into a deep sleep. 

 

 

She has a weird feeling around her. She heard so many noises like she was in some place crowded. She heard people walking... Running... And shouted, “buy this... Buy that...", and then she heard a sound of horse-dawn carriage...

 

...

 

Wait... What?! 

 

She opened her eyes and found her lying inside a small carriage. She looked outside and saw that it was a village and there’s a huge palace in the distance. Her eyes got bigger and started to open but speechless. 

 

"'Okay... WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING HERE?!”