dinner

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

Right when I saw him, I hid behind Yongguk. I kept a close distance behind him so Junhyung won't be able to see me. The manager pointed to the table next to them, . "Your table will be right there sir, you're waiter will be with you in a moment" She smiled and left. Junhyung and Hara were together on a date, I guess they noticed us coming. I can see them stand up to greet us. My heart was pounding and I can hear the thumping through my chest. Yongguk noticed me fidgeting close behind him and he put his hand behind for me to hold. I reached out for it and he held it tight, lacing our fingers together to relax it from shaking.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo" Yongguk greeted and bowed to his sunbaenims, they as well bowed and said their greeting. Hara and I made eye contact and smiled at each other. Junhyung was shifting from side to side, trying to see who the girl behind Yongguk was. I gathered up my courage and stepped out. Junhyung and I made eye contact and I could tell he was shocked to see me. "Annyeonghaseyo" I greeted him and he bowed slightly, not taking his eyes off of me. I gazed on his left wrist and saw the familiar watch that I gave to him three years ago. "Oppa" Hara called out for him and the tension in the room was broken. "Do you know each other?" She looked at him and then landed her eyes on me, still smiling. Junhyung didn't answer, but a huge part of me wanted him to say 'yes, I do'

 

Yongguk glanced at me and gave my hand another squeeze and my eyes shifted back to him. Junhyung traced his eyes to our laced hands and scoffed. "This is Choi Hyunae" Yongguk introduced me to them and Hara put her hand out for me to shake, "I'm Goo Hara" she smiled. "Ah, would the two of you like to join us?" Hara surprised me with her question. Junhyung glared at her and Yongguk gave a hearty laugh. "Anniyo, gwenchanayo. We'll give you two some privacy and sit over there." I was thankful that Yongguk held my hand the whole time.

 

We bowed again to the couple and headed to our table. We sat just a few tables away from them, not far enough to shield their voices from our hearing. Yongguk pulled out my chair for me and I gave him a faint smile as a thank you. He sat across from me and I looked down and bit my lip. "We can leave if you want" I heard him say. I folded my hands under the table, stopping them from shaking. Why do I feel like this? "Hyunae-ah" He reached out his hand across the table for me. "Neh?" I looked up to him a little teary eyed. "I said, we can leave if you want" I don't want to see him with her. But if we leave then he wins. Wait, why is he being like this to me anyways? His eyes were dark and full of hatred when he was looking at me. A complete opposite from the market.

 

"Hyunae-ah" Crap, Hyunae get it together. You're ignoring Yongguk.
"Anniyo oppa. It's okay, we can stay" I forced a smile
"Are you sure?" I nodded to him as a response. "You alright?" He looked at me with worry in his eyes.
"Yeah"

 

The dinner was awkward. Yongguk tried to make me relax and forget about Junhyung, but his laughter and her giggles made it hard for me to focus on my own date. I felt bad for Yongguk, but my mind couldn't be taken off of him. The father of my child and the man whom I still had slight feelings from, is a few tables away from me. He's right there laughing and having a good time with his girlfriend. I honestly don't know if I still love him like before. Half of me is screaming yes but the other half had Yongguk written all over it.

 

"Do you two know each other?" I stopped playing with my food and looked up to him.
"Huh?" I asked confused
"You and Junhyung. That was ing awkward back there." He chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh.
"I'm sorry about that" I finally let out a smile.
"I'm ing curious about you Hyunae. Everything about you. But, I know you're not ready to open up to me yet. So I'll wait."
"You like to curse a lot don't you?"
He laughed and nodded.
"It's a habit" He gave me his gummy smile. He kinda looks like a shark when he smiles, with all his teeth showing. It's kinda cute.
"Honestly, I don't think you have to wait that long."

 

Yongguk and I chatted for a long time. I admit I was too focused on Junhyung and his little girlfriend but when Yongguk started a conversation with me, my mind pushed Junhyung aside. Our laughters blocked theirs and I can see him glancing at our table once in a while. Seriously, what's his problem?

 

We finished our dinner and started to get up. Just then, Junhyung and Hara came by our table and stopped infront of us. My eyes landed on her arm that was hooked to his. "Oh, you guys are done too. Great, let's all walk out together" She said in her annoying high-pitched voice. I looked at her with a wtf face then I realized what I was doing and soften up a bit and nodded my head. I can hear Yongguk chuckle lightly and Junhyung scoffing again.

 

The four of us walked out of the restaurant and into the quiet street. The restaurant was located at an inside street were there weren't many passerbys. Thank goodness since I was with three celebrities. Those two were walking infront of us while Yongguk and I were behind them. I kept my eyes on her since she was all touchy with him. I was mumbling some curse words when Yongguk nudged me, "Yah! You'll get wrinkles if you keep frowning like that. Plus stop cursing, it's unattractive for pretty girls like you to curse" He stooped down to my level and whispered in my ear. I just glared at him and he chuckled aloud, causing the two people infront of us to turn around.

 

"Hyunae-shi" Hara pushed Yongguk aside and walked next to me. The ? Oh right, cursing isn't attractive.
"Neh?" I faked a smile at her. Yongguk walked to Junhyung and they started a conversation themselves. No, Yongguk oppa! Don't leave me with her!!
"Are you from here? I've never seen you around before." No duh, you don't know everyone in Korea.
"Anniyo. I just got here about four days ago. I came from California." I smiled to her. I really need to count the days since I got back to Korea. I noticed Junhyung slowing down.
"Ahh That's why you look so different. I like your outfit. It's a bit revealing, but it's cute" Oh my god let me punch her for once!
"Neh" I answered her through gritted teeth. We reached the street that we parked in. I knew that car looked familiar. It was Junhyung's car. If I knew that he was here, I wouldn't have agreed to come to this place.

 

"It was nice meeting you Hyunae-shi" Hara hugged me and once again I had a wtf expression on my face. Seriously, we're not that close. Why is she hugging me? The boys fist bumped each other and Junhyung just nodded his head at me. I my heel and headed to Yongguk's car and he followed.

 

"The nerve she has" I mumbled as I buckle my seatbelt.
"Now I'm really curious about you Choi Hyunae. Just what is your deal with that guy?" He asked bluntly.

 

5/24/12

I feel like I don't know what I'm writing anymore. I'm not that good of a writer and for some reason when I'm writing this story, my vocabulary is limited.S orry!