him

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

I needed to run out of there, but my feet were anchored on the floor. I turned to Yoseob who was shaking like me. "Yah!" I whispered as footsteps were getting closer to us, "Leave." He gave me a confused look. "Seobie, leave before he comes closer!" I was getting irritated. Yoseob nodded his head lightly and started to walk away from us.

 

"Who's that?" I heard him asked. I still couldn't move from my place. i wanted to leave so badly but my feet were not moving.
"Oh uhm some girl from high school" I can hear Yoseob laugh nervously. "Come on hyung, let's get those toothbrushes." When I couldn't hear them anymore, I turned around and saw their back turn to the right. I saw his face. I finally saw him.

 

"Mommy" Minka tugged on my arm and I turned to her. "I want my candy now" she pouted. My eyes were a little teary once I laid my eyes on her. Junhyung was so close to his daughter and she was about to meet her favorite member of Beast. We stayed in our spot for a couple of minutes trying to let the time past since that would give time for Yoseob and Junhyung to leave. I hope they left. I wouldn't know what to do if we ever came face to face with each other.

-----

We walked over to the meat section to get the chicken. I gave Minka a toy to play with so she won't get bored while we shop. "Annyeonghaseyo" I greeted the Ahjumma that was going to serve me. "Can I get your freshest chicken?" The lady nodded her head. "Omo" she cooed, "she's so cute." I made Minka do her cute little greeting to the Ahjumma. I played with her while we were waiting for the chicken.

 

"Hyun?" That oh so familiar voice ringed through my head. I can see a figure standing not so far from us, but I pretended that I didn't hear him. "Here you go Agashi" The lady handed me the chicken. I had no more business in that spot but I couldn't move. If I move, we would've made eye contact and that's the last thing that I wanted to happen.

 

I can see him coming closer to us. "Hyunae?" My heartbeat was getting faster and faster as I replayed his voice calling for my name. "Hyunae" This time it wasn't a question anymore. He knew that I was right there infront of him. He was calling my name.

 

I gathered all of the courage I had left in the moment and looked up. His face was emotionless for a second but confusion took over soon. We just stared at each other, not knowing who should break the silence between us. There he is, the man that I love, father of my child, standing infront of me and I had no idea of what to do and what to say.

 

He walked towards me slowly and I wanted to take a step back but I couldn't. "Oppa" I finally had the courage to mouth those words again to him. My nose was burning lightly as tears were starting to form in my eyes. I tried to hold them back but I don't think that would be possible at this moment.

 

"Hyunae" He called out my name once again and I swear my heart just jumped out of its place. Hearing my name coming out of his mouth, I missed that the most. "Hyun," he said my name once again like it was the only word he knew.

 

As he was about to take another step, crowds of girls started to form around us. They weren't close to us but they knew who he was and they were getting excited. "Hyung!" Yoseob came running towards him. "Hyunae," he said my name as he saw me standing face to face with his hyung. I could tell he was shocked too. "Uhmm, hyung we need to go. People are starting to recognize us." But Junhyung wouldn't budge. He kept his eyes on me and I tried to avoid his gaze. "Hyung come on!" Yoseob pleaded. I saw some girl take her phone out and pointed it at us. I didn't want to create a scandal with them, so I turned the cart around and walked slowly. Slowly away from him, who just stood there watching us leave.

-----

I called Seunghyun oppa telling him to pick us up because I had no strength to walk back home. I didn't want to cook either because all I wanted to do was get home, lock myself in my room and get under the covers. My brother agreed and just ordered some take out from a restaurant. He didn't ask me what happened either because he knew something happened and I didn't want to talk about it.

 

We got home and I trudged my way to my bedroom. I laid down and replayed what happened at the supermarket. The way he called my name. His voice that sent chills down my spine and made the hairs in the back of my neck stand up. The way he looked at me, making me feel like I was the only one he sees. I know that look he gave me. It's that look he always gave me when we were still together.

 

All the memories we had together replayed over and over in my head as I close my eyes. I wanted to run to him and wrap my arms around him. I wanted to feel his touch and his soft lips on mine again. But I know that would never happen again. I miss him so much, but we're leading different lives now. But all I could think about was him.

 

My brother knocked on my door and he came in. I turned my head to the side and wiped my tears away, so he wouldn't see them. He came and sat beside me and I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" Worry filled his voice.
"I saw him oppa" I croaked as I tried to fight back the tears.
"Junhyung?" he asked and I nodded my head. "What happened?"
"We saw each other. He stood right infront of me and all he could say was my name. I couldn't speak to him. Nothing came out oppa."
Seunghyun hugged me as tears stained his shirt.
"Did he see Minka?" I pulled out from the hug and shook my head. "He didn't see her at all?"
"She had her back to him. I'm sure he saw her, not just her face"
I whispered.

Seunghyung cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears with his thumbs. "Hey, let's go down there and have dinner alright?" I nodded and got up. "Go down first, I have to change my shirt that you ruined" I smiled and thanked him.

"By the way" He turned to me when we reached the hallway, "You have a visitor."

 

5/22/12

They finally met each other! Actually, Junhyung wasn't suppose to come in yet. It was suppose to be Doojoon in the market with Seob. But I can sense that you guys wanted them to meet already. So here he is. I wanted their meeting to be dramatic, but I fail as a writer so forgive me T.T