sorry

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

"Honey, we're home" my mom called out and we all froze in our spot. "" I heard my brother hissed as he got up and Eunbi and I straightened ourselves. We turned off the tv and waited for my parents to fully come inside the house. I heard shuffling and footsteps coming closer to us.

 

"Seunghyun-ah, what are you doing here?" my mom asked, quite stunned to see my brother in the house. Our dad followed after her and just stared at the three of us. "Uhmm...I think you guys need to sit down" Seunghyun oppa led them to the sofas. My parents were still in shock to see him inside the house. "What the hell is going on?" my dad asked totally confused. Seunghyun nudged me and urged me to start talking.

 

"OkaymomanddadimsorrythatIdidntevenletyouguysgetsettled..." I took a breathe and close my eyes. I opened them to see my brother's face right infront of me, hands in my shoulders, trying to calm me down. I took another breath and face them. I was trembling at this moment. "I'm... pregnant" I finally let it out. There's no other way to tell them and I didn't want to drag it any longer. I looked at my mom and she put a hand in . I shifted my eyes towards my dad who was emotionless. My legs almost gave out but my brother caught me before I collapse on the floor. He sat me down on one of the loveseats. "Daddy" I said quietly. "Mom" I added while looking at her. She was now quietly sobbing and that made me cry even more. My dad was angry now. His face was red and you can literally see steam coming out of his ears.

 

"Eunbi-ah, take her upstairs" my dad commanded. Eunbi nodded her head and walked towards me. "Appa" I pleaded to him. Eunbi and I went to my room while my parents and Seunghyun talked downstairs. I was pacing in my room, couldn't stay still until she yanked me down next to her. "Will you stop walking around. You're making me dizzy" she said. "I'm scared" I told her and she engulfed me in a hug. I was scared that my parents will take away my baby from me. I know they won't, my parents aren't that cruel but seeing that I'm only eighteen and I haven't even started my first year in college, I had no idea what they're thinking anymore.

-----

"Appa" Seunghyun started to speak while he comforts his sobbing mom. "What are you going to do?"
"We have no other choice"
he said through gritted teeth. "" he suddenly hissed, "She's only 18! What the hell was she thinking??" he yelled out loud
"Honey, calm down" their mother finally spoke. "She's young we all know that. But you know our daughter is also repsonsible"
"Well she has to now, she's gonna be a mother"
their dad plopped himself next to his wife. "She's gonna be a mother now.... My little girl... a mom" he buried his face in his hands. Seunghyun left his mother's side and went to his dad. "It's alright appa. Hyunae is mature enough to handle it herself. She's gonna be a great mom" he patted his dad's shoulder.

"Go get her"

-----

Seunghyun oppa knocked on my door before coming inside. He sat down next to me on the floor, "Come down. They wanna talk to you." I looked up to him, my eyes swollen, "Are they mad?" I asked while standing up. "Of course they are. But I think they've calmed down. Besides, you have to understand that no parent will be all jolly after finding out that their teenage daughter is pregnant."

 

I followed him downstairs and saw my parents sitting side by side. Eunbi ran to the other side, sitting herself quietly on one of the chairs. "Honey, come here" my mom patted the seat between her and my dad. "I'm sorry" I put my head down. I heard my dad sigh and felt his hand on my back. "Princess" he started. "I would have never expected my 18 year old daughter to be a mom so soon. But I guess I have to accept it, won't I?" he made me face him. He was smiling. A faint smile that is.

 

"I'm so sorry daddy. I'm sorry I've dissapointed you so much" I buried my face in his chest. "Honey, I admit your mom and I, plus your brother" he glanced at my brother, "we're dissapointed. But it's already happened. All we can do now is accept it. But look at me Hyunae" I looked at him and he wiped my tears away. "You are never a dissapoinement to us, you understand?" I nodded and hugged him one more time.

 

It was me, my mom and Eunbi in the living room and everyone seemed to have calmed down. My mom spoke again, "Does Junhyung know?" she asked me. I shook my head, "I can't tell him mom" I whispered. Just then, Seunghyun oppa and my dad came inside from the garden. They spoke to each other after three years. "Your brother told me your plan, Hyunae" my dad approached me. "What plan?" my mom questioned him. "That she won't tell Junhyung now, but she will in the future."

 

"We're not gonna tell you what to do Hyunae. Now that you're going to be a mom, you do what you think is best for you and your baby" he spoke again. I nodded and snuggled closer to my mom. "Your brother and I talked for a while..."

"Hyun..." Seunghyun oppa looked at me. "We're sending you to Cali"

 

5/16/12