CHAPTER 22

ETERNITY

CHAPTER 22
 

 

06:00 a.m. – Current location: Guardians’ base camp hidden in Bukhan Mountain

 

The Guardians’ military has a large barrack built inside a part of Bukhan Mountain.  The group was promptly guided inside.  Leading the group inside was Lieutenant Hahn.  They were instantly greeted by General Suk by the entrance. “You’re safe here.  My soldiers will direct each one of you to your private rooms to rest.  We’ll have an emergency meeting with our Korean Elders after your group has eaten lunch at 11:30am.  The meeting will be at 1pm.  So please rest well.”  He waves four soldiers behind him to lead them to their rooms.

 

Sang Hyun, Mir and Bom trail behind two soldiers but Bom stops midway in the hallway and looks back at Sandara and Seung Hyun who remained at the entrance way.  “What’s wrong?”

 

Sandara and Seung Hyun eyes were wide in shock for a brief moment before turning their heads at Bom.  Sandara waves her right hand, “Nothing.  I think the exhaustion is hitting us now.”  She yawns a bit and Seung Hyun nods in agreement. 

 

“Ok then.  Come along then I think we’ll be sharing a room while the boys have theirs.  Am I right, General Suk?” Bom looks at the general for confirmation.

 

He shakes his head, “I apologize but Sandara and Seung Hyun will be in a separate quarter from the three of you.  We need a tighter security in their area.  Please follow these men.”  He points at the two soldiers beside Sandara and Seung Hyun.

 

The group enters further into the hidden camp.  After walking for a few minutes Bom and the boys head down a different path from the couple.  They wave good-bye to Sandara and Seung Hyun and disappear from their sight.

 

While walking Sandara squeezes Seung Hyun’s hand, Tabi?

 

He keeps his focus on the lieutenant and general walking ahead of them.  Seung Hyun discreetly nods his head once, You felt the instant connection earlier right? Do you think this is telepathy, D? 

 

I believe so.  I thought this kind of power only appears in fiction books and movies.  Sandara begins to bite her lower lip, We’ll keep this a secret.  Even to Bom.  The less people that know the less danger we’ll be in.  Plus this could be an advantage for us when we’re out in the battle field.  We could find and help each other easily.

 

I like that.  At least I can call out for you to check if you’re safe and not worry when I don’t see you.  What else power will appear for us?  Seung Hyun lets go of Sandara’s hand and drapes his arm over her shoulder.  He cuts off their telepathy connection when General Suk calls out his name, “Yes, sir?”

 

“There are cameras in every corner of this hallway plus there will be soldiers guarding every exit and entrance in this area.”  General Suk opens a door, “This will be your room.  Please don’t worry about cameras being in this room too.  We respect everyone’s privacy in their rooms.  But there are security triggers on every door if someone breaks in when it’s lock.  It’ll ring an alarm alerting our head security room.”  He gives them a sincere smile, “I’m glad you two are safe.  Please rest well and we’ll see you in the morning.”  He steps away from the door.

 

Sandara takes a quick peek at the room, “Sir? Will we both be staying in the same room?”

 

General Suk tilts his head in confusion, “You two are indeed a couple if I’m not mistaken.  There isn’t a problem with you two being in the same room unless you want to be in a separate room?”

 

Sandara blushes, “I just thought that you’d think it would be indecent for an unwed young lady to sleep in the same room with a man.  Sorry if I’m being naïve but my mind is still in the past of being conservative.  Although I did sleep in his arms back in the forest last night, I think it’s still weird for me to sleep in the same room with him.”

 

“Would you like me to guide you to another room down the hall?” General Suk waves his hand to the right where another door is visible a few feet away from them.  “It’s the 21st Century Miss Park.  We’ve learned to adapt with the Modern times.  Some of us still continue to live in the past while some of us don’t mind the modern ways.  I for one respect the two of you and I do not think it’s my business to think badly of what you two do in private.  It’s up to Miss Park if would like to be in a separate room.”

 

D, if you feel uncomfortable sleeping in the same room with me I really don’t mind you sleeping in the other room. Seung Hyun squeezes Sandara’s shoulder while looking down at her.

 

Sandara looks away from Seung Hyun’s gaze and turns back to General Suk, “Um, I think I’ll just stay in the same room as him.  I just wanted to make sure it was ok with you.”

 

General Suk chuckles, “I’m sorry Miss Park for laughing, but I’m not your father.  You don’t need my permission from me to sleep in the same room as Mister Choi.  Plus you are of age and no longer a teen.  I know it’s a habit for you to get approval from senior authorities.  If you really need the assurance then I give you permission to be in the same room as him.”  His smile reaches his eyes as he still finds the situation amusing despite the real chaotic situation outside the military base.

 

“Are you sure, D?” Seung Hyun drops his arm from her shoulder to lower his head.  “I respect whatever decision you’ll decide.”  I promise you we’re simply just going to sleep.  I respect you as a whole.  Plus I would never disrespect your parents trust even if they aren’t here.

 

“All I really needed was assurance.  Thank you General Suk.”  She nods her head at the general then smiles at Seung Hyun, “Thank you for respecting me as a woman.  I don’t mind sleeping in the same room as you.  Let’s go rest now.”  Sandara takes his hand and steps into the room. 

 

Seung Hyun turns his head and nods his head at the general before closing the door.  He locks the door and faces Sandara, “I’ll take the floor and you can take the bed.” He releases Sandara’s hand and walks over to the dresser.  He pulls open a drawer, “They’re nice to have fresh clothes for us to change in.  Would like to use the shower first, D?”

 

Sandara remains by the door.  She blinks a few times before a small smile forms on her lips, “You’re such a gentleman Tabi, that’s why I love you more than the size of my small heart.”  She closes the gap that distant them a few seconds ago and hugs him in a tight embrace.  Looking up at him she says, ”Thank you.”

 

Seung Hyun grins, “You’re welcome.”  He kisses the tip of her nose, “Literally the size of your heart is small compared to mine but in reality it’s very large to carry all the love you have for me, Sang Hyun, and our kind.”  He kisses her nose again, “I think you should take a shower first.”  Seung Hyun playfully acts like he smells something foul.  Sandara pushes Seung Hyun on the chest and sticks her tongue out.

 

“I don’t stink!”  She pulls some clothes out of the open drawer and runs into the connecting bathroom in their room.  After shutting the door she still yells, “I was going to be nice and allow you to sleep with me on the bed instead of the floor.  But you’re definitely sleeping on the floor!”

 

Seung Hyun barks out laughing at her childish tantrum.  You still love me.  Enjoy your shower my stinky D.

 

Argh!  Stop teasing me Tabi!  Sandara turns on the shower and disconnects their connection.

 

 

While Sandara is taking a shower Seung Hyun finds some extra blankets and pillows in the closet.  He arranges the blankets and sets a couple pillows on the floor next to the queen size bed.  He then moves back to the dresser and pulls out a clean t-shirt, sweat pants and boxer.  Sandara emerges from the bathroom door when he closes the dresser’s drawer.  He tilts his head to the side and pretends to sniff, “Someone smells good now.”

 

Sandara rolls her eyes and jumps onto the bed.  Her hair is still damp as she towel dries it, “Someone stills smells bad and I know it’s not me.”  She sticks her tongue out and smirks.

 

Seung Hyun walks over and kneels beside the bed where Sandara is sitting, “I love how cute your face turns when you’re upset with my teasing.  I’ll stop now.” He kisses the top of her head and walks over to the bathroom.

 

 

 --------------------------------------------------------

 

 

In the bathroom, Seung Hyun removes all the items that were in his pockets.  He finds a pink plastic ring and remembers receiving it a couple days ago from a strange little girl.  What she told him came true she did return back to Korea.  He holds the ring up closer to face and smiles, ‘This ring symbolizes the reunion of our undying love.’  He sets the ring aside along with his other items on the counter.  Quickly he runs into the shower to rinse himself clean from all that fighting and running they did all evening and early morning.

 

Seung Hyun emerges from the bathroom fifteen minutes later.  He finds Sandara lazily lying on her stomach on the bed.  She was crisscrossing her legs up in the air while humming a random melody.  She grins at Seung Hyun when he approaches the bed still remaining in her position she tilts her head to look at him, “We really are of age so it’s ok that you sleep next to me.”

 

He chuckles, “I thought you told me earlier I was sleeping on the floor?” He smirks then sits Indian-style on the floor next to the bed.  He then pretends to fix his sleeping area and fluffs his pillow, “You’re a big girl and I don’t think you need someone to sleep next you.”

 

Sandara instantly sits up and crosses her arms, “I’m being serious here Seung Hyun!  Stop messing with me.”  She pouts, “I miss the security of your arms and you’re acting like this to me?  You’re so mean!”  She rips the cover from the bed and ducks underneath it and hides her face.

 

Seung Hyun suppresses his laughter.  Gently pulling the covers down - he slides in next to Sandara.  Slowly he pries away the blanket away from her face to see her eyes shut tightly, “Dara, my love? Open your eyes please…”  He puts his left arm above her head on the pillow and gently caresses her left cheek.  He leans forward and pecks a kiss on her right cheek, “I’m sorry, I just wanted to lighten up the mood.  This whole war thing has made our whole group pretty tensed since we reunited.  I just wanted a moment where we can at least joke around for a bit.  I’m really sorry.  Please forgive me.”  He pecks another kiss on her cheek then she finally opens her eyes.

 

“You’re forgiven.  But can we joke another time?  I really want us to rest now.”  Sandara turns her body on her right side to face Seung Hyun.  She reaches out her left hand and runs her fingers through his jet black hair, “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”  He stops her hand from moving through his hair.  He brings her hand to his lips and kisses it.

 

Sandara feels something between their hands.  She pulls her hand away and opens it to find a pink plastic ring, “My favorite color.”  She muses, “It’s so cute even if it’s plain and simple.  I feel that it represents me.  Where’d you get it?”

 

Seung Hyun takes the ring from the palm of her hand and slips it into her ring finger of her left hand, “Will you marry me Park Sandara?”  He kisses the plastic ring on her finger and awaits her answer.

 

“Yes, of course I’ll marry you!  Nice way to sneak that ring between our hands.  But you still didn’t answer my question where you got this cute ring.”  She pulls her hand away from his and admires the ring on her finger.

 

“A strange little girl approached me on March 12th around 11:30am.  She handed me that ring and told me that you’ll be back and that you’ll love the ring.  I thought she was strange to say that because the love of my life was dead.  How could she return?  But I kept the ring and then you know the rest of the story of how we got reunited.  I believe this ring symbolizes the reunion of our undying love to continue forth.”  Seung Hyun presses his lips onto Sandara soft lips. 

 

They get caught in the moment of their kiss before Sandara pulls away to breath, “Wow…”  She brushes her fingers against her lips, “Um, that was the day before I left Japan to come here to Korea.  She must be faith or destiny to have given that prediction.”  Sandara presses her lips this time to Seung Hyun’s for a brief moment before speaking again, “Do you think it’s a bad idea to get married during this time.  You know a possible upcoming war?” 

 

“If you want we could wait after the war and plan a nice wedding.”  He takes her hand back into his and brushes his finger over the plastic ring.

 

“I actually want our wedding to be simple nothing extravagant.  Your closest friends and my brother are here with us.  They’re the most important people in our lives right now and I only want them to witness our simple wedding.”  She leans her head on Seung Hyun’s shoulder and wraps her arms around his waist.

 

Seung Hyun kisses the top of Sandara’s head, “A simple wedding it is. We’ll tell them about it later during breakfast.  Let’s sleep my love.”  He pulls her closer to his body and pulls the cover over them, “Sweet dreams.  I’ll see you there.”  He pecks on last kiss on her lips before falling asleep.

 

Sandara closes her eyes with a smile on her face.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Jaejoong growls angrily at the still photos of Sandara and Seung Hyun inside his father’s office.  He slams the photos down on his desk.  He pulls out his cellphone and dials immediately, “Yah!  Have you found their location yet?”  He listens for a bit and his feature darkens, “That’s not the answer I wanted to hear!  You better give me their location in two hours or I’ll find someone else to take your place!”  He hangs up abruptly.

 

Taking a couple deep breaths his features smoothens.  Briskly walking out of his office he heads for his little brother’s private room.  Upon entering Jiyong’s room there were a couple doctors and nurses surrounding him.  They promptly stepped away from his bed giving the first prince some space.  The head doctor speaks amongst the group, “He is stable now but it seems he is in a coma state.  We’re still running some test to find out why his energy is being drained from his body.  This is the first time for our kind to experience this.  We are trying our best to find the solution as soon as possible Prince Jaejoong.”

 

Jaejoong pats the doctor’s shoulder and gestures for the team to leave the room.  They all hurriedly exit the room leaving Jiyong and Jaejoong alone.  He could hear his little brother softly breathing through the ventilator in his mouth.  He looks paler than normal.  Gently he brushes his hand over Jiyong’s forehead and moves his blonde bangs aside, “I told you we’ll avenge our father’s death together.  You didn’t have to rush yourself ahead of everything.  Things should be planned ahead and then we attack.  Remember that’s what father would always remind us of.  That is how we will be a good leader to our people.  Please wake up Jiyong.  I can’t do this alone without you by my side.”

 

The beeping noise coming from Jiyong’s monitor and the pumping of the ventilator machine suddenly makes Jaejoong sad.  He rarely shows any emotion since it is strictly frown upon from his father but just this once he would like that mask to fade away.  He feels the sad emotion break out in him and tears start to leak from his eyes.  He quietly cries beside Jiyong, “I can’t lose you too little bro.  You have to fight whatever it is that is taking your powers away from you.  I really can’t do this alone.  If I lose you too I wouldn’t be able to control my anger.  You keep me sane by having a partner I can lean on for help.  If I’m alone then I have nothing.  Please fight brother and don’t leave me.  Please…”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Seung Ho blends in with the vampire crew.  They are mixed with full blooded vampires and dark angels.  One of the lieutenants notice Seung Ho, “Seung Ho, where are your two buddies?”

 

He steps up in front of the lieutenant with no signs of emotion, “Sir, they died during our fight with the Guardians earlier in the night.  I’m alone now.  Is there any new assignment for me to do sir?”

 

“We’re just waiting for the next order from Prince Jaejoong.  Once they find the Guardians’ current location we’re going to attack their camp full force.  We are gathering more of the vampires that have flown from all around the world to find the One.  They won’t be prepared for our army.  Take a quick nap and be prepared once we get the signal.”  The lieutenant pats Seung Ho’s shoulder and walks back to the head commanders at the corner of the room.

 

Seung Ho sighs in relief that no one has sensed him as a traitor of their group.  He feels Jiyong’s strength fighting over his.  He finds an empty cot and lay down.  Seung Ho concentrates as hard as he can to hold Jiyong’s energy in him to stay put.  It is very difficult to keep this up for hours on but he has to until the Guardians have put out a plan to fight the Vampire Army.  Slowly he rolls up the sleeve of his left arm and finds it charcoal black.  It is Jiyong’s dark energy putting up a strong fight in his system.  He does not understand why his skin is changing color but he feels it is a bad sign.  Unless Jiyong found a way to poison him so he can be set free?  Seung Ho mutters a chant in his head to heal himself.  His charcoal black forearm starts to fade away and he is able to take a deep breath, “He wants to be free.”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Whoever you are let me out of here!!!!” 

 

Jiyong finds himself in a white endless room of emptiness.  Where ever he runs he ends up nowhere.  He gave up since then and remained in one spot and continues to scream endlessly hoping he would be set free.

 

He sits down and wonders how long he has been in this place since he woke up.  Unsure of what time or hour he does not feel tired or hurt.  But he does feel a strong energy keeping him in this prison.  He tries to find his energy in him to push it out.  Soon enough he figured it out and kept concentrating on that energy.  It has been a tug of war between the unknown energy and his.

 

Slowly he felt a strength that is dark and instantly thought this might be an advantage for him.  He imagines whoever is holding him here will feel a painful death if they don’t let him go.

 

A swirl of dark mist surround Jiyong and he embraces the power surrounding him, “Attack my captor and make them feel enough pain to release.  Do not relent and do not disappoint me!”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Seung Ho!”

 

Beads of sweat formed on Bom’s forehead.  She immediately gets off her bed and runs out of her room.  Two confuse soldiers see her dash passed them and they quickly follow after her.  She is using her inhuman speed and the soldiers too use theirs.  She dashes from every hallway and soon gathers about twelve soldiers behind her.

 

She abruptly stops in front of a door and the soldiers too make a halt.  Taking a step back she kicks the door open setting the security alarm off.  The shock soldiers turn to one another and two of them that were up at the front both put their hands on Bom’s shoulders.

 

One of them speak up first, “What are you doing?  Are you possessed?”

 

Bom’s eyes were glowing white and she looked scary to all the soldiers behind her, “I don’t want to hurt you but please let me go!  I need to talk to them!”

 

Slowly they release her and she enters Seung Hyun and Sandara’s room.  She finds Seung Hyun standing in the middle of the room in an attacking position with Sandara right behind him.  They release their stance when they see her.  Sandara steps forward, “What did you see?”

 

Eyes still glowing, “Seung Ho is losing his strength against Jiyong.  I don’t think he can hold Jiyong back any longer.  Once he wakes up we need to prepare for a war.  And for Seung Ho…” Her eyes leak glowing tears, “I’m afraid he won’t make it.  I just hope we could find him amongst the Vampires’ Army.  I know he will be with them when we fight.”

 

Seung Hyun looks at the time by their table dresser, “It is 10:30 a.m. right now.  I think we should get ready for breakfast and find the other two.  Seung Ho will be ok.  You and him are the same and he will make it.  He’s strong just like you.  Have faith, Bom.”  He steps up beside her and pats her shoulder.  Looking past her shoulder he’s a handful of soldiers standing in front of their broken door, “Wow, you have an entourage with you.”  He laughs out loud.

 

Sandara laughs too, “Um, I think head security will be here any minute.”  Just in time General Suk and Lieutenant Hahn were let through between the soldiers.

 

“I thought there was an intruder that passed our tight security.”  Lieutenant Hahn shakes his head disapprovingly at Bom.

 

“At least we know our soldiers were doing their job in trying to capture the so called intruder.  They must be very confused in what to do with this powerful seer.”  General Suk chuckles, “Next time Miss Bom.  If you really need to speak to them, please knock.”

 

Bom bows her head, “I’m very sorry General and Lieutenant.  I was just very bothered with what I saw and I had to tell them.  I’ll be telling you guys about it during our meeting with the Elders.  It’s very important details and I think we’ll need to prepare ASAP.  Do you think we can have an early breakfast now and move our meeting earlier?”

 

General Suk and Lieutenant Hahn look at each other and nod.  General Suk waves his hand, “I’ll call the Elders if they can be here sooner.  Please do wake up the other two men and have your breakfast.  We’ll see you soon.”

 

The soldiers, general and lieutenant all leave together leaving the three alone.

 

Bom’s eye color returns normal she squeals when she notices the pink ring in Sandara’s ring finger, “He proposed!”  She pulls Sandara in a tight hug, “After this war we’ll have to plan your wedding immediately!  I want to see your beautiful children!”

 

Seung Hyun coughs, “Excuse me?  So does that mean we’ll win this war since you see children in our future?”

 

“I didn’t see any prediction.  It’s just wishful thinking.  I haven’t seen anything recently but I’m hoping the war will turn out ok for you two to have beautiful children.”  Bom releases Sandara from her embrace then pouts, “I wish Seung Ho is safe.”

 

Seung Hyun mouths, ‘Bipolar’ at Sandara and she shakes her head at him.

 

Sandara takes Bom’s arm and guides her out the door, “I’ll get dressed in your room.  Hopefully they have some girl clothes for me to change too in your room.  Seung Hyun, I’ll meet you at the cafeteria after you change okay?”

 

Seung Hyun runs after them and pulls Sandara back, “You didn’t give me a morning kiss.”

 

Sandara pulls Seung Hyun’s head down and gives a kiss on his cheek, “There you go. No kiss on the lips until we brush our teeth.  See you later Tabi.”

 

Bom laughs at their cuteness while walking down the hall with Sandara holding onto her arms.

 

 

 

*******************************************************

 

Author's Note:  OMO! It's almost 1 year since I wrote the last chapter. Mianhe!  More TABISAN moment in this chapter and we get to see where Seung Ho, Jaejoong and Jiyong are at in this story.  It's getting hard for me to think of the next scenes. But I had this chapter written for half a year and slowly writing it.  Hopefully I don't take long with the next chapter again.  Thinking. Thinking.  OH yeah I made a new poster for my fic :D