CHAPTER 12

ETERNITY

 

CHAPTER 12







3:30 a.m.


Seung Ho stares at the lonely night sky. He is sitting at the edge of a roof top dangling his legs. He frowns that there are no stars out tonight only a crescent moon. He hates the moon because that’s the last thing he remembered looking up at before he changed into a dark angel. His body stiffens when he feels a presence few feet behind him. He slowly turns his head around and relaxes seeing G.O. walking towards him.

“Seung Ho, why are you sitting in the dark?” G.O. sits beside him. He looks up at the sky then back at his friend, “We should be resting…our new mission will give us a chance to show the vampires we have the right to move up into a higher rank…I dislike being at the bottom…I’m glad after our beating from them – they informed us about the good news that will end our suffering and punishments. I love this new mission they assigned us to.” He smacks Seung Ho’s shoulder to get his attention. “Are you even listening to me? You should be happy too because isn’t this what you wanted?” He still did not get any response from his friend who looks like he’s searching for something in the sky. “What are you looking for?”

Seung Ho’s pupils dilate and his entire eyes turn pitch black. From G.O.’s peripheral vision he notices Seung Ho’s eyes. “Hey! Don’t change your eyes into your hungry-I-want-to-kill-you-right-now! Seung Ho, seriously I never intended to piss you off!” He reaches Seung Ho’s forearm.

“Ssshh!” Seung Ho brushes G.O.’s hand aside “Look up!”

G.O. follows his order. His jaw drop open as he sees a huge meteor breaks into the Earth’s barrier. Now it’s slowly gazing its way across the night sky. Its bright red tail streaks on the sky turning the darkness into a bloody night sky. Seung Ho closes G.O.’s jaw, “We can’t waste time. We must leave now!” He immediately stands up dragging G.O. up with him.

G.O. tugs his arm back, “Where the hell are we going to at this time?! And what’s up with that scary meteor?” He looks back up at the sky and the meteor is still up there moving slowly as a turtle.

“We’re going to follow the direction the meteor is heading to – which is towards the east. We’ll keep heading east until we find the ONE.” Seung Ho evilly grins at G.O.

A few of G.O.’s hair raises looking into his friend’s fully pitch black eyes, “You look scarier than that meteor…”

Seung Ho’s eye color returns to normal and his eyes aren’t dilated anymore. He smirks, “Come on, we have to wake up Joon! The meteor is our signal to get the ONE right now!” He grabs G.O. wrist and they run towards the stairwell.

------------------------------------------------








“NO!”

Seung Hyun gasps for air as he immediately sits up. He shakes his head and looks around to see if he woke the other boys up from his startled awakening. To his relief they are still peacefully sleeping. Mir is sleeping beside him on the floor. He could see his drool escaping the young kid’s mouth. He looks up at Sang Hyun who too looks like a baby soundlessly sleeping on his bed with one of his arm dangling at the edge. He wipes his cold sweat off his forehead and stands up. I just want to check if she’s okay. He shakes his head. I would never…ever…do that….to…..NEVER… His brows crease together.

He turns the door knob and looks back just to be sure they won’t see him leave the room. He sneaks out and quietly runs towards Sandara’s room. As he passes by a window he notices the red sky. Seung Hyun stops out of curiosity and takes a closer look out the window. His worrisome face reflects on the glass window. He immediately dashes and enters Sandara’s room. He smiles in relief seeing his angel unharmed. He kneels beside her bed and gently takes her hand into his, “My Dara…”

Seung Hyun turns his head around. The red light coming from the meteor outside dimly enters her room. He gets up and pulls her curtain close. I hope that meteor isn’t a bad omen. I’m praying that it’s not…. He hears soft foot steps slowly walking towards Sandara’s bedroom. He uses his inhuman speed to get out of her room but he wasn’t fast enough. He was stopped by a firm hand in the middle of the hallway.

“We need to talk.” Bom lets go of Seung Hyun. She starts walking ahead of him down the hallway. He trails behind her.

Bom and Seung Hyun end up standing outside in the Park family’s backyard. Seung Hyun tries his best not to look up at the red sky. Bom looks back at the house then at him, “Don’t worry. She won’t see this.” She looks up at the meteor. “But they will…” She looks back again at the house and sees two figures standing by the window. Seung Hyun frowns looking at the two younger boys mouth gape open. “Humans are panicking right now at this huge meteor thinking it’ll hit their place. But it’s going to land near this area and to be exact it’ll be several miles before your house.” Bom looks back at the boys who are now looking at her and Seung Hyun. “I know you two can hear me with your inhuman hearing senses. Feel free to listen but can you two do me a favor and keep an eye on Sandara? Just to be safe she doesn’t wake up please sprinkle some of those dust on her will ya?” She sees Mir nod his head. Sang Hyun was about to protest when Mir quickly dragged him away from the window.

Seung Hyun takes a few steps back and heads toward the house, “I won’t allow you to do that to her again.” Suddenly he’s facing the ground. He jerks his head back and pushes the weight off him. 

“I know you’re her knight and shining armor but now isn’t the time to use it on her.” Bom pulls him off the ground. She easily tosses him across the yard. She hears him grunt when he lands. “Do you want her to worry about you some more if she sees this red sky? She knows the meaning of this and so does the others. It’s not a good sign Seung Hyun…. We must leave this area before the entire vampire race ends up at your front door step. They’re coming and you know Sandara is willing to die just to protect you.” 

Seung Hyun stares at Sandara’s bedroom window, “How long does the sleeping dust usually last? If we continuously sprinkle the dust on her for a few more days will it have a bad side effect?” He begins to head toward the house again. Bom does not stop him instead she falls in step beside him walking toward the back door.

“There is no bad side effect for the dust…it usually last only a couple hours with just a pinch of dust that you sprinkle…but if you pour a whole bag…” Bom blocks his way and stands in the middle of the door frame with her arms spread open. “You’re really taking it to heart that you are her prince, huh? You seriously want her to be ‘Sleeping Beauty’? You know making her sleep through this problem won’t make it easier for both of you.”

“Yes I am. Now please step aside.” Seung Hyun stares Bom down to move.

Bom does not budge. She crosses her arms, “How long are you planning on making her ‘Sleeping Beauty’?”

“I just want to keep her safe and away from danger. Let’s hide her until we end this war with the vampires.”

“Are you serious?” He nods his head. Bom slaps him hard on his face. “Pabo!”

Seung Hyun touches his cheek where she slapped him. He looks back at her angrily then forcefully pushes her into the house. Bom remains calm and compose even though he shoved her hard. She gracefully walks pass the kitchen and up the stairs while Seung Hyun marches behind her.

Bom opens the door to Sandara’s bedroom. They find Mir and Sang Hyun rolling back and forth on the floor. The two boys are wrestling over the dust bag. She coughs to get their attention. The boys stop and look up at her. She maliciously grins at them when she takes the bag. Sang Hyun runs to Seung Hyun’s side while Mir remained next to Bom.

“Hyung, I wasn’t able to stop Mir…noona is going to kill me when she finds out.” Sang Hyun worried eyes darts from Seung Hyun to Sandara.

Seung Hyun pats his shoulder, “Its okay. I’ll protect you from her. At least you tried…she’ll appreciate that.” He looks at the brown bag in Bom’s hand, “Please Bom…you want her safe too right?”

Bom walks toward Sandara’s bed. Mir cautiously eyes the other men just in case they do something unexpectedly while he walks beside her. She takes a seat beside the sleeping girl and looks back at Seung Hyun. 

“Hyung, I think noona will kill you instead of me after she wakes up from this. My noona is a strong fighter and when she finds out she was asleep during the war she’ll surely be pissed! I don’t think this is a good idea…” Sang Hyun nudges Seung Hyun in the rib.

“How could you not think of your sister’s safety?” Seung Hyun takes a few steps closer to Sandara’s bed. “Please Bom.”

Sang Hyun stands in front of Seung Hyun, “I am thinking of her safety! I strongly believe she will be safe as long as you stay by her side. Don’t leave her hyung!” He slightly pushes Seung Hyun’s shoulder back. “Even if she’s safely hidden away I fear it will be the end of you two. If you die and she wakes up – your death will make her feel guilty for not being able to protect you for the second time. I don’t think she could live with that feeling again…she'll definitely lose it and I will lose a sister. Hyung, you two both felt weak after the break up. Both of you thought it’s your fault for the other half’s death. Both of you thinking you could have saved the other if only you stayed. Please don’t make the same mistake again. Destiny doesn’t want you guys to go down the same path. Destiny is giving you two a second chance to stay by each other’s side.” He sits beside Sandara on the bed and takes his older sister’s hand. “Noona, did tell me once that she felt the strongest when she was with you but lost it all after... Look me in the eye and tell me you didn’t feel the same way after she left you.” He looks up at Seung Hyun whose staring at his sister.

Bom unties the strap around the brown bag, “Do you still want her to be ‘Sleeping Beauty’?”

Seung Hyun looks Sang Hyun in the eye, “I’m sorry Sang Hyun...” He looks back at Bom, “Can we just make her sleep for a couple days only? Just until we’re in a safe area…away from this place….you said they’ll be here soon….we’ll figure things out later…” He smiles at Sang Hyun, “Don’t worry Sang Hyun I’m not leaving her alone ever again..thank you for being a caring brother..”

Bom takes a hand full of dust in her hand and slowly sprinkles it over Sandara’s head. The white mystical dust falls magically onto her soft face. “We’ll leave in 3 hours. They won’t be here just yet. The meteor will land in an hour but the vampires will be arriving here approximately 7 hours from now.” She caresses the side of Sandara’s head.

Sang Hyun squeezes Sandara’s hand, “Thank you hyung for not making her sleep forever…”

Seung Hyun sits at the foot of Sandara’s bed, “Why can’t we leave now?” He seriously looks at Bom.

“Because you guys just got here and I want you guys to savor in the memories of this place before we leave.” Bom sadly looks at Sang Hyun, “Please take as much of your belongings that you still want to remember and cherish. The vampires will also destroy your home. Your home is in the proximity where the meteor will land. The hunt begins after the meteor lands. They’ll search and destroy just to find him.” She looks back at Seung Hyun and so does Sang Hyun and Mir.

Guilt creeps all over Seung Hyun’s system as he stares back at Sang Hyun. He abruptly stands up, “I’m a burden to all of you. I don’t want your home to be destroyed because of me Sang Hyun. Bom, I’ll just stay at my house and wait for them to arrive. Once they captured me they won’t even go near their home anymore. Please take Dara far away from this place…”

“Hyung! Our memories of this home will always be engraved in our minds even when it’s gone. Actually this home should have been gone ages ago but it’s still here because I took care of it. Noona and I won’t mind if it gets destroyed just as long as we are ALL safe. Please don’t be too hasty in throwing yourself freely at the vampires. We’re in this together.” Sang Hyun nods his head at Seung Hyun.

Bom continues to brush her fingers through Sandara’s silky hair, “Sang Hyun is right, we ARE in this together. I’m the captain of this ship here and your just bait.” She smirks.

“Noona!” Mir flails his arms at her not to continue. Uh oh! She just her sarcasm mode. Hyung will feel more guilty once she’s on a roll…

“Bait?” Seung Hyun walks over to Bom and tugs her shoulder to look back at him. “What did you see in that crazy mind of yours? You saw something didn’t you?” 

Bom has mischievous grin when she looks up at Seung Hyun, “I’m just playing with ya with the whole bait thing!” She stands up and walks over the window. She pulls the curtain open and stares at the meteor, “I told you guys what I saw. The vampires will be coming here soon. How many times do I have to tell you guys that I only see what’s to come as of today. I don’t really see so much of the future. That only happens rarely for me and Mir knows that I can’t really change some of the things I see. But there’s no harm in trying if it’s really meant for us to change it.”

Mir stands beside her, “Like you setting hyung and noona to see each other last night?”

“Nope, I never told you to bring Seung Hyun here. He’s the one that wanted to come back home. And I was on my mission to help Sandara bring closure to her past like what the Elders wanted me to do. Fate and destiny brought them together last night. I only helped a bit last minute when I saw a glimpse of that scene of Sandara and Seung Hyun talking by the river and their tree.” Bom winks at Seung Hyun.

“You still planned it though..” Seung Hyun raises a brow.

Bom shrugs her shoulders, “I told you I just gave you two a little push. You guys were really meant to see each other either way even if I wasn’t around. I did see your other possible meeting but this one was way more romantic.” She gushes and claps her hands together.

All three boys rolled their eyes at Bom. Sang Hyun walks over to Bom and Mir, “I’ll start gathering some of our things and put them in my car.”

“I’ll help you!” Mir pats Sang Hyun’s shoulder.

Seung Hyun was about to open his mouth and extend his offer too but Bom shook her head at him, “You Prince Charming stay here with your Sleeping Beauty. You must keep your eye on her at all times. You understand?” She walks over to him and pats his head, “Good Prince Charming!”

Bom, Mir, and Sang Hyun altogether exit Sandara’s bedroom leaving the couple completely alone. Seung Hyun sits closer to Sandara’s side. He could hear her softly breathing. He smiles, “Indeed a sleeping beauty.” What does Bom mean by ‘at all times’? 

------------------------------------------------



8:00 a.m.



Smoke and dust fills the open meadow. Mir and Sang Hyun are running around Seung Hyun in lightning speed. They look like a tornado forming with all the dust whirling around and he’s in the middle of it. They’re throwing punches and kicks as they pass by him. He tries to avoid and dodge their blows but mostly misses. His courage and determination keeps him going even though they’ve been going at it nonstop for an hour. Bom blows the whistle and the two hyper young boys stop. Seung Hyun shakes his head and stands up.

“Not bad for a late comer. Most newbies don’t last this long on their first day of training. You’ve got a strong heart there Prince Charming.” Bom hands him a face towel to wipe of his sweat. She looks at her watch, “At least we’re not wasting anytime with your training even if we just arrived in this safe location two hours ago.”

Sang Hyun hands Seung Hyun a bottle of water, “Hyung, you did well.”

“Sorry if we’re hurting you bad with our kicks and punches. The vampires’ blows are way harsher and they’re pretty violent when it comes to fighting. We’re just giving you a possible scenario and we’re bringing the toughness out of you, hyung.” Mir punches Seung Hyun’s shoulder.

Seung Hyun chokes on his water when he punched him, “Er, thanks. Let’s go again. This time I’ll get you two!”

Sang Hyun and Mir widely grin at each other then at Seung Hyun, “Game on!”

Seung Hyun disappears again in the middle of the whirlwind of dust. Bom puts on her shades to avoid getting the debris in her eyes. She sits back underneath the tree. He’ll get them in 1. 2. 3. She smiles and removes her shades. The dust starts to fade away. Seung Hyun has Sang Hyun headlock tightly underneath his right arm and Mir on his other arm. 

“You’re both dead!” Seung Hyun says triumphantly while the two boys frantically struggle to break free from his grip. Suddenly he sees Bom’s eyes glaze gray. He drops the two boys on the ground and is instantly in front of Bom. He kneels in front of her and waits a few moments before her eye color returns back. “What did you see?!?!”

Mir and Sang Hyun were now by their sides waiting for her response. She bounces on her feet, “Not good! Not good! I hate when they show me these visions when I know we’ll be arriving late! Aigoo!” She screams up at the sky.

Seung Hyun grabs her arm, “WHAT DID YOU SEE?!?” 

Bom for the first time showed doubt when she spoke, “Sandara…”

He still does not let go of her arm as his angry eyes glare at her, “YOU said she’ll BE SAFE while we trained for a couple hours! I took your word for granted! AISH! I should have stuck to my gut feeling that it wasn’t a good idea to leave her!” Seung Hyun throws her arm back.

Sang Hyun grabs Seung Hyun’s wrist, “Hyung! I bet my noona is still sleeping until now. Bom noona sprinkled a handful of sleeping dust that would keep her out for days. I don’t think anything bad happened to her. Please be positive! Come let’s go back home and we’ll find her soundlessly sleeping the way we left her.” He tugs his wrist.

Seung Hyun looks back at Bom who is now looking down at her hands fiddling with it, “Will she be there when we arrive?” He says in a calm monotone voice.

Bom looks up at him apologetically, “We’ll get her back…”