CHAPTER 20

ETERNITY

 

CHAPTER 20

 

 

“Bom noona?  What’s wrong with that Guardian?”  Sang Hyun worriedly looks at the unconscious male Guardian laying a few feet away from him, Bom and Seung Ho.  There are a couple Guardian medics around him assessing his vitals.  He looks back at Bom who still has her eyes glowing white staring at the unconscious Guardian.  “Noona?”  He lightly taps her shoulder to get her attention.

 

Bom blinks once and her eyes return back to its’ normal color.  She looks at Seung Ho, “Did you feel his presence?” 

 

Seung Ho nods his head once and briefly his eyes dilate pitch black for a second then returns back to its’ normal color, “We’ll discuss this matter privately after we find Sandara and Seung Hyun.”  He faces Sang Hyun, “We’ll tell you about it later.  Come now we must hurry.”  Seung Ho runs off and pulls Mir away from a group of male Guardians he was having a conversation with and both disappear into the forest.

 

Sang Hyun and Bom shortly follow after them.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Sandara and Seung Hyun are running cautiously through the forest. They exited the head quarter successfully without any problem.  The couple has not noticed that a few hours have passed since they arrived at the head quarter.  It was nearly 1 a.m. when the couple finally broke out of the vampires’ perimeter.  They were safe for now but they do not know for how long.  They hope that the Guardian troops are close by to rescue them.  Sandara makes a sudden halt and grabs Seung Hyun’s forearm.

 

Seung Hyun looks down at Sandara panicked face, “What’s wrong?”  Suddenly he feels several presences surrounding them about a mile away.  They’re closing in on them pretty quickly.  Panic arises within him as he securely wraps his arm around Sandara’s waist, “We’re trapped.”

 

Sandara silently hopes that whatever protected them earlier in the head quarter will protect them again out here.  Please protect us.  She buries her face in Seung Hyun’s chest and waits for whatever destiny has in store for them.

 

“Dara, I don’t think they’re bad…”  Seung Hyun reassuringly rubs Sandara’s back while keeping his senses alert at their surroundings.  He can feel them getting closer by each second.  They’re fast.  I feel their aura is good unlike the vampires’ presence earlier…

 

 

Silence….

 

 

 

‘We’ve found them!”

 

 

Several guardians in black camouflage army uniforms burst through the bushes and trees around them.  One of the uniformed Guardian looks like a professional wrestler with his tall height and large muscles - steps forward to greet the couple, “I’m Lieutenant Hahn.  There are several search parties searching for you scattered around here.  It’s a good thing we found you before entering the vampires’ perimeter.  Luck is indeed on our side. Come now.”  He gestures for Seung Hyun and Sandara to follow his unit at the same time he taps his collar and mumbles, “They’re safe now.  Let’s clear out.”

 

Sandara pulls her face away from Seung Hyun’s chest and looks at Lieutenant Hahn, “Where is Sang Hyun?  I have a gut feeling he joined you guys on this search rescue.” She hates being a worry wart but she knows her brother likes going head on into a fight without thinking of the consequence of getting hurt.  Sandara feels Seung Hyun warmly hug her from behind assuring her not to worry with that simple gesture.

 

Lieutenant Hahn points at two men and signaled them to the left.  They both disappear into the darkness of the forest.  He returns his attention back at the couple, “He’s with Unit 4.  They’re several miles west from here.  Don’t worry about him.  I’ve already radio the other units we’ve found you and that we’re heading back to our aircrafts.”

 

Sandara lets out a sigh of relief and nods her head, “Okay.”  She takes Seung Hyun and smiles happily back at him, “We’re ready to go now.”

 

Lieutenant Hahn signals at half of his unit to his right to go forth and then nods at the couple to follow them.  Seung Hyun and Sandara hand in hand dashes through the forest with the rest of unit crew tailing behind them.  Lieutenant Hahn looks down at the device in his hand.  He frowns at what he sees, “They’re so many of them.”  On his screen there are red dots on the left side of the screen.  There is a yellow line straight across the middle of the screen indicating the vampires perimeter they’re currently located.  It looks like there is trouble on that end of the perimeter where the other unit is at.  Unit 4. 

“This is not good.” He quickly pockets the device in his jacket and taps his collar once more. “Sergeant Cho?”  He hears grunts from the other end of the line.  He taps again, “Sergeant Min! Check your device. Please assist Sergeant Cho’s unit ASAP! Your unit is closer and I need to bring the couple back to the aircrafts immediately.”

“Affirmitive.” Sergeant Cho responds back.

 

Lieutenant Hahn wipes a sweat off his brow and shakes his head.  He lets out a breath then runs off into the forest as quick as he can to catch up with his unit.  He left his worry behind and hopes Unit 4 will make it out of the chaos alive.

 



 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Sang Hyun!  Wait!”  Bom reaches her right hand out toward Sang Hyun.  Her finger tips barely toucheS his shoulder.  She was a second too late.  He is tackled to the ground by an invisible force.  Sang Hyun springs back up on his feet but the invisible force weighs him down again.  Suddenly he’s screams an agonizing pain.  For a moment Bom was frozen at her spot as blood splutter from Sang Hyun’s mouth.  She snaps out of it when she he hears him scream again.  Instantly she is kneeling by his side trying to find the source of where his injury is at.

 

Sang Hyun’s arms are pinned to his side and his whole body is immobile.  The only movement coming from his body is the quick rise and fall of his chest from his rapid breathing.  He gurgles out more blood at the same time chokes it back down.  Bom struggles to turn him over so he can try to breathe properly.  She feels there is some kind of unknown weight holding him down.  Even with her strength she could not move Sang Hyun.  Frantically she looks around and only realizes their alone.  We weren’t that far behind from the unit and wasn’t there another group behind us?  She concentrates to feel if any other Guardians are close by but nada.  Not a single Guardian is within their radius but there’s……

“NO!”  Bom jumps up onto her fighting stance and growls.  Sang Hyun and her are surrounded by two dozen vampires and she could feel them doubling in numbers from a distant.  There are so many of them coming this way.  Her eyes dart from left to right then down back at Sang Hyun by her feet.  She growls at a blonde hair vampire evilly grinning at her.  He waves a futuristic custom pistol playfully backs and forth then points it down at Sang Hyun.

 

“One of kind.” He smirks and takes a step forward while still pointing the pistol at Sang Hyun.  The rest of the vampires surrounding them remain fifteen feet away from the two Guardians.

 

Bom shouts, “He’s just a normal Guardian doing his duty to serve and protect mankind from evil beings in this world.  He’s not one of a kind.  Did you just shoot him with that pistol of yours?”  She glares at the blonde man.

“I meant my pistol is one of kind.  Why are you so defensive?  Is there something I should know about him?” He tauntingly mocks her as he is now only two feet away from them, “I’m Jiyong by the way.  Indeed one of a kind.” He now points the pistol toward Bom, “BANG!”

Bom blinks her eyes shut at Jiyong’s loud booming voice.  She hears him laugh hysterically and that just pissed her off tremendously.  She viciously attacks Jiyong with the out stretch of her hands.  She grabs his neck and slams him hard on the ground.  He rolls Bom off of him and easily tosses her aside while still laughing.  Five of the vampires close by catches her and holds her in an iron grip hold.  She struggles in there hold, “Don’t hurt him!”

 

Jiyong unconsciously rubs his neck, “Again, why so defensive?  I think I’m right with my guess that you have a secret.” He taps his chin and smirks, “I shall keep this secret safe with me if you don’t mind.” He tucks the pistol at the back of his belt and kneels on one knee, “Poor thing is struggling to breathe. Tsk tsk.” 

 

Sang Hyun’s eyes are tightly shut like he’s struggling with the pain within his body at the same time he gurgles more blood from his mouth.  Tears begin to spill from the corner of his eyes and Bom sees that and she too has tears in her eyes, “Please remove the hold you have of him! Please!  He’s going to die!”

 

Jiyong slaps his knee and stands back up.  He gives an amuse ‘HA. HA. HA’ laugh then snaps his fingers in the air, “I think that’s the point of this whole situation.”  He opens both his hands and spins around again laughing like a lunatic, “Death is in the air!” He spins a full circle, “I love this smell!” He inhales deeply and exhales, “Don’t you love it? It smells beautiful just like you.” He winks at her and continues to laugh some more.

 

Bom cries out, “He doesn’t deserve this kind of torture!”

 

His laughter immediately stops and he is in front of Bom’s face.  Jiyong face is blank but his eyes are filled with anger, “You don’t think he deserve this kind of torture?  Well did my father deserve this kind of torture? I never got to ask that question nor was I able to beg the being who hurt him to stop.  Death is inevitable. So stop with the begging. It will get you nowhere.” He shakes his head, “Chin up now and face death like a brave Guardian you are.”  Revealing the pistol from his back belt he points it at Bom’s forehead.  He feels an immediate connection when his pistol came into contact with her.  His hand is frozen at its’ spot along with his whole body. The power within him is slowly draining and he feels it radiating toward Bom.  At least he could still move his lips, “What did you do?!”

 

The vampires looked at Jiyong confusingly then at Bom.  Something is wrong with their boss they could feel it.  One of the vampires’ speaks up, “Sir? Is something wrong?”

 

Jiyong shakes his head and the rest of the vampire unit relaxes.  They thought he was hurt or something.  But they didn’t know he lost his ability to control his body.  Bom bites her lower lip to suppress a smile of triumph.  She discovered a new ability to control Jiyong with the contact of his pistol to her head.  She doesn’t understand the connection but at least she has a distraction.  Maybe I could release the hold he has on Sang Hyun.  She concentrates quickly and she releases the barrier weighing down on Sang Hyun from Jiyong’s mind.  He holds this kind of power? I’ve never heard of this nor my new power either.

 

Bom inhales then exhales.  I have to be quick.  This is my only open window to get us both out of here. She breaks their connection immediately when she makes Jiyong shoot his pistol at the vampires holding her.  He was only able to shoot two of his men when he got his control back.  By then she was already by Sang Hyun’s side throwing him over her shoulder.  She again appears in front of Jiyong and grabs his wrist.  They’re connected again and she’s in control of his mind.

Jiyong is a prisoner of his own mind as he watches himself being dragged by Bom.  He is following her like an obedient dog.  He noticed their strengths increased tenfold with their connection because they’re running faster than a bullet train.  He can’t even feel his men’s presence.  They’re probably miles away now.  I need to gain control.  This is so bizarre to have her control me like this.  Jiyong concentrates hard trying to find an opening to weaken her control.  He feels it briefly then thinks harder once more.  I feel it!  His free hand twitches then he breaks free from the control.  He grabs Bom’s hand in a death grip and breaks her wrist.

“Aaahhh!” Bom screams in pain.  She drops the unconscious Sang Hyun to the ground.  Her body is thrown back against a tree trunk.  Her hand still tingling with pain starts to repair itself.  She jumps back on her feet and attacks Jiyong, “You jerk!”

 

Jiyong catches her fist and this time he has control over her, “Not a nice feeling to be controlled, huh?”  He laces his fingers with hers and swings their hand back and forth while they casually walk toward Sang Hyun, “I’ve never had this power before.  Too bad I can’t kill you now.  We’re good together?”  He looks her up and down then makes a disgusting face.  He gags mockingly, “That’s just sick thinking about it.  A Guardian and a Vampire.  Again I feel sick in the stomach.” He gags again playfully, “Then again look at how the ONE was made.”  Jiyong stops them in front of Sang Hyun and kicks him to turn over.

 

Bom trapped in her mind was screaming vile things about Jiyong when his hand had connected with her fist earlier.  She too also made gagging noises in her head when he said they look good together.  Yeah right. Pfft! If I wasn’t being controlled I would have hurled at his face for even saying that while we held hands.  Her attention returns back at Jiyong’s last sentence.  Does he think Sang Hyun is the ONE?  Is that why he kept saying One of A Kind?  Jiyong is either stupid or just playing with my head.  Where is Seung Ho when I need him?  He understands me better than this blondie over here!

 

“Oh look!  He’s gaining conscious!”  Jiyong tugs Bom’s hand down and they both kneel beside Sang Hyun.

 

Sang Hyun blinks his eyes a couple time before looking around at his surroundings.  He jerks back when a young man’s face hovers closely to his face, “Who the heck are you?”  He takes a sniff and quickly kicks Jiyong’s stomach.  He flies back along with Bom across the forest floor. 

 

Sang Hyun hurriedly runs up beside Bom, “Noona!”  He sees Jiyong’s right hand laced in Bom’s left hand, “Let go of her!"  Once Sang Hyun touched their laced hands - a strong force burst within them separating the 3 apart.  Jiyong and Bom go unconscious while Sang Hyun feels dazed.  He wobbly stands up.  Right when he takes a step toward the two unconscious bodies a pair of blurry bodies breezes by him.  Instantly he recognizes them, “Seung-ho hyung!”

 

Seung Ho is kneeling beside Bom with his right hand covering her eyes.  His eyes are also closed while his lips are moving but no words are coming out.  Sang Hyun believes he maybe chanting some weird chant.  He has no clue.  Meanwhile as he walks toward them he sees Mir dragging Jiyong by his foot across the grass toward Bom and Seung Ho.  He stops about a feet away from them and looks at Sang Hyun, “You look like a vampire.”

“Huh?”

Mir is now side by side with Sang Hyun.  He reaches his free hand at Sang Hyun and touches the dried blood stain at the corner of Sang Hyun’s mouth, “You’ve got blood stain around your mouth and down your chin.”  Mir grins then pats Sang Hyun’s shoulder, “We’re you trying to fit in with the vampires back there?”  He chuckles, “The rest of Unit 4 is still back there fighting an army of vampires.  They’re buying us time so we can head back to the aircrafts.  They’ve found your noona and Seung Hyun hyung.  We gotta get out of here ASAP.  I don’t know how we lost you and Bommie noona but good thing he has the same ability as noona and was able to locate you guys.  I’ll ask later what happened to you guys. But what do we do here with your twin?” He gestures down at Jiyong.
 


“Twin?” Sang Hyun confusedly looks at Mir then back down at Jiyong.

 

Mir barks out a laugh, “You’re taking your blonde hair to your brain!  You’re acting like a blonde ditz!” He messes Sang Hyun’s hair, “How’d you turn your hair blonde anyways?”

 

“I’m blonde?” He touches his hair and tilts his head to the side.  Sang Hyun feels a tingling sensation on his right temple.

 

Mir tries to stop his laughing fit but ends up snorting, “Yes you are.  Now stop acting like a blonde and help me with your twin vampire.” He casually lifts Jiyong over his shoulder and shouts at Seung Ho, “Let’s go! We’ll fix MY noona at our aircraft.  Lieutenant Hahn just radioed that Seung Hyun hyung and Dara noona’s aircraft is now airborne.  We need to get to our aircraft before we get swamped by the vampire army.  We’ll hold this blondie hostage because he’s the Big Boss’ youngest son.”

 

“He is?”  Sang Hyun pokes Jiyong’s forehead and frowns when he felt an electric buzzed.  He hears a gasp and looks at Mir’s shock eyes, “What?”

 

“You’re eyes are glowing like how Bommie noona’s eyes glow!” Mir accidently drops Jiyong on the ground with a thud, “Oops, I didn’t mean that!” Another gasps escapes his mouth as he looks down at the unconscious Jiyong, “His hair turned black!  This forest is creepy!  WE NEED TO GO!”  He pushes Sang Hyun, “You carry him! I don’t want anything to change on my body.”

 

Sang Hyun rolls his eyes as he easily lifts Jiyong onto his shoulder, “Hyung?”  He turns to Seung Ho who has Bom cradled securely in his arms.  His eyes are glowing white and so is Bom’s whole body.

 

Seung Ho strides gracefully between Sang Hyun and Mir, “Don’t mind the glow.  She’s just recovering her powers.  I’ll explain later when he’s securely locked away from us.”  He nods his head at Jiyong’s body draped over Sang Hyun’s shoulder.

 

Sang Hyun nods in agreement and they all disappear into the darkness of the forest.  Unknown to them Jiyong is slowly gaining conscious as they head back to their aircraft. 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Lieutenant Hahn, is my brother safe?”  Sandara anxiously fiddles her seatbelt and glances out at the window.  Her eyes search the dark forest below them.  She knows it’s hopeless to look but she does it to pacify her nerves. 

 

Seung Hyun places his hand on top of Sandara’s to stop her from fiddling the seatbelt, “Dara, he’s a tough young man.  He’ll fight every vampire that will get in his way of seeing his loving noona.  You will see him Dara.”  He softly kisses her forehead and faces Lieutenant Hahn who is sitting in front of the couple, “Can you radio them and find out their location?”

 

Lieutenant Hahn taps his collar, “Little squirrel? Hello do you hear me?”  They hear a static sound before a jolly voice answers back, “I hate that nickname!  But yes I hear you.  We’re here inside our aircraft and now flying away from  the riot out there.” He smiles, “That’s good to hear.  May we please speak to Sang Hyun?  Sandara is worried about him and I believe hearing his voice will calm her nerves.”

 

They hear another static noise then a male’s voice speaks, “Noona?”

 

“Sang Hyun?”  Sandara sits up straighter and leans forward, “Are you hurt baby bro?”

 

Mir’s laughter is heard in the background. He interrupts the siblings’ conversation and butts in, “I think he drank someone’s blood. He’s got blood stain still on his mouth.  It’s not even our blue blood but dark crimson blood. It’s so weird noona.  Anyways, Bommie noona here is still resting from her power drainage and we’ve captured someone that I believe the Elders would like to interrogate.” They hear a grunt then a thud. 

“Mir what’s going on?  Sang Hyun you there?!”  Tears drop one by one down her cheeks as she waits for an answer from the radio.  She grasps Seung Hyun’s hands and squeezes it.

 

Seung Hyun’s mind thinks about the crimson blood on Sang Hyun’s mouth.  He has so many questions he wishes to voice out but his priority right now is to comfort Sandara.  He snaps from his internal battle with himself when Sang Hyun voice is on the radio.

 

“Sorry to worry you noona.  Mir was being his silly self and I had to just knock some sense in him.  I’m fine noona and about the blood I don’t know what happen.  We’ll see each other soon so we could talk about this mystery blood.”  There was a pregnant pause, “Oh yeah I’m blonde now.  Strange things happened to me and Bom noona since we met a bl-“

 

The radio line cuts off and a loud screechy static noise pierces through the air that the people in the aircraft had to cover their ears with their hands.  It stops a few seconds later.  Lieutenant Hahn taps his collar again but the radio line is dead, “We’ve lost their connection.  Hold on let me check with the captain if he could radio their captain of their aircraft.”  He leaves the couple alone.

 

“Oh Tabi!  Something is not right!  I just know it!”  Sandara buries her head in Seung Hyun’s chest.

 

Just when Seung Hyun was about to speak Lieutenant Hahn walks back in, “They’re fine.  Mir’s radio connection ignited and caught on fire on his clothes which was strange."  He musely thinks and taps his chin, "They were able to put it out.  We’ll see them in twenty minutes.  I’m having them take a pit stop so we can have them ride our aircraft and leave our captive in the other.  I know you’re worried he might hurt your brother.”

 

Seung Hyun finally speaks up, “He?”  He pulls Sandara closer to him.  He has a bad feeling with what Lieutenant Hahn was going to say next.  Sandara’s nerves are now rubbing off on him. 

 

“Yes, he.  Kim Jiyong.  The youngest son of King Kim is who they have captive in their aircraft.  Don’t worry he’s unconscious and in a secure room.” Lieutenant Hahn turns around about to leave but turns back, “I’ll be up at the pilot room with the captain for a bit to talk to the other captain.  If you need anything just ask the other Guardians to call me and I’ll be back here.  Rest up.”  He again leaves the couple alone and speechless.

 

Seung Hyun pictures Jiyong evil smirk and shakes all the negative thoughts aside.  They will be fine.  He doesn’t have the strength Bom and Seung Ho has.  They’ll be fine.  He feels Sandara cup his cheek and gently it, “They’ll be fine” He assures her.

 

Sandara gives him a half-hearted smile, “I hope so.  If Jiyong hurts Sang Hyun I’ll rip his head off and you’re not going to stop me right?”

 

Seung Hyun shakes his head, “Of course not love.” He cuddles her in his arms, “Sleep.  I’ll wake you when we’re almost near.”

 

“No.”  Sandara tilts her head back up and looks directly at his eyes, “We need to discuss about the barrier.”

 

“What’s there to discuss?  I have no idea how that appeared.  All I know is that you died in my arms and my heart was shattered.”  Seung Hyun tightens his hold on Sandara remembering her lifeless body.  He kisses her temple, “I begged who ever up there had the power to bring you back to take my life instead.  I could not bear another lifetime without you.  I wished you could take my life.”

 

Sandara gasps, “TABI!” She covers her left hand over .  She closes her eyes then shakes her head, “Tabi, you’ve never heard of this myth.”  She brings to his ear and whispers with her inaudible voice to outsiders’ ears from eaves dropping, “You’ve made it come true.”

 

“What are you talking about?” He whispers back but he knows people could still here him.

 

She breathes out a sigh, “You’ve released the impermeable power within us.  We’re now unstoppable.”

 

“You mean –“  Sandara covers his mouth and makes a 'shh' gesture with her hand.

 

Sandara yawns, “I’m sleepy now.  We’ll talk later Tabi.”  She winks at him before snuggling against his chest and closes her eyes.

 

Seung Hyun gets the conversation is over for now but they will continue it privately later when they’re away from eave dropping ears.  He rests his chin on top of her head and looks out the window.  I won’t let them hurt you, my love.