CHAPTER 16

ETERNITY

 

CHAPTER 16









Two young men appeared out of nowhere, a few feet apart in a dark poorly lit alley way, they briefly nod at each other before entering a silver door.

They gracefully breeze down a bright white hallway. Several minutes after making so many left and right turns through the maze hallway they enter an elevator. Both men exit the 50th floor of the building. A small commotion is going on in one of the conference room to their left. They ignore the muffle noises and continue on to their destination.

The two young men pause for a moment in front of a huge double maple brown door. One of the men is dressed in a black sleek leather jacket he securely tucks a brown manila envelope under his arm. His knuckle knocks firmly against the door. They hear a buzzing noise then a click. At the same time both men push the doors open. Slowly they walk towards an elderly looking man that looks about 70 years old. His eyes glisten with authority as he watches the men approach him. They bow their heads at the elderly man. He waves his hand in dismal to the young men.

“Thank you for granting my request in such a short notice.” The elderly man motions them to take seat beside him at the large conference table. The men sit on his right side. One of them hands him the manila envelop and the other hands him a flash drive. He instantly inserts the flash drive to his laptop. “Hmm.” He nods his head while still staring at the screen then looks at the men. “Thank you again for gathering all this information. I trust both of you with this information and that your loyalties are truly pure to this council. No information will be leaked out until us Elders are ready to announce it to our kind.”

“Pardon me, may I ask a question?” The young man who handed him the envelope earlier glances at the Elder before shifting his gaze back at the envelope that is now open under the Elder’s hand.

The Elder gives him a warm smile to break the tension of nervousness that the two young men are feeling in his presence, “Go on.”

“I am not at all discouraged that we have the strength, knowledge and capabilities to defend ourselves from the vampires. But we may have misjudged their strategic capabilities. They have invaded our country in less than a day. More than a million vampires appeared in our radar after the meteor landed. Frightening as it is but more and more of them are arriving by the hour. Elder Kim is it wrong for me to feel this tinge of fear in my system? I feel guilty for feeling this way in front of your presence.” He clasps his cold hands together awaiting his answer.


“It’s normal to feel that way with our current situation. Words are already spreading amongst our kind about the mass arrival of vampires that have entered our country. Other countries around the world have been warned and will be flying in too to aid us. We’ve been updating each other since the meteor hit. Our council should have foreseen this but we did not. I felt something was missing in this whole situation and had you two gather up all these information for me before I present them to the other Elders in our Korean council. I have found the missing piece and will discus the matter with the rest. Thank you again for your loyalty and continue doing a good job. We need to stay calm and strong for our kind, the humans, and our country. Please try to keep the chaos and worries in control in our office. I know you guys are doing your best but please continue assuring our people that we’re going to keep them safe. Everyone knows our drill if it gets out of hand. We do have a secured compound that no vampire can enter that only our kind knows about.” Elder Kim looks at his watch. “You two have an important meeting to attend to. I don’t want to hold you guys back. Thank you again.”

Both men stand up and bow. They quickly exit the conference room leaving the Elder alone. Elder Kim holds the paper up closely then places it back down. He scans through some still photos on the computer. He pauses for a moment before clicking the play button on a video. He hits pauses and squints his eyes at the young man on the screen. It’s him. Again he picks up the paper he placed down and reads Sandara Park on the heading of the paper. He removes his glasses and pulls out his cellphone.

“Ms. Goon, please alert the other Elders to meet at our office as soon as possible. It’s code RED.” He turns off his phone and resumes scanning more still photos of Seung Hyun from the video that Bom submitted. She must have seen something catastrophic. Maybe that’s the reason she hid the information from us. But she won’t able to do this alone. She’ll need our help. We need their cooperation or this won’t end so well. Where are they now? 

------------------------------------------------








“Let’s hide in here.”



Seung Hyun squeezes through a small opening between two large boulders. He sticks his hand out and pulls Sandara further into the darkness. Deep in the cave the couple huddles closely together. Sandara nestles her head comfortably on Seung Hyun’s chest while contemplating a plan. She feels Seung Hyun’s body shift. Her eyes try to adjust to the pitch black darkness of the cave. She wants to see his face. Too bad Guardians don’t have clear night visions. They only can see in the dark if there’s some little light near by for them to intensify their dark surrounding. A cold object touches her lip.

“You should have drank this vial earlier. I can sense you’re still bothered that we abandoned Joon and G.O. back there. It could have been prevented but maybe they knew we would need this vial for later when we’re closer to their territory.” Seung Hyun pulls the glass vial away from her lips. He feels her hand stop him.

“I’m more bothered in what grand plan they have in mind after we break into their headquarters. We’re walking on a very dangerous mine field. Instead of staying away from the fire we’re jumping head first into it. Tabi? Do you know your strength?” Sandara squeezes his hand

“It’s you.” He lifts her hand to his lips and plants a kiss, “The only solution I can think of is making them see that they can’t mess with us. It’s either they cooperate in living a peaceful life in this world along with us or be locked up forever.”

Sandara laughs, “I’m sorry but I just pictured you dragging a huge trash bin and dumping every vampire you see in it. It’s quite funny. Tabi cleaning up all the dirty mess in this world. Mr. Cleaner?” She giggles.

He playfully bites her index finger, “Do you have a better plan?” 

“Nope! I’m behind you 100% of the way. I have great idea in mind once we’re in their building. I’ll tell you once we’re close. We must be quick at all cost when we’re inside. Killing their Korean Big Boss will definitely send a shivering fearful message to the rest of the Big Bosses in the world. You must show them your strength.” Sandara strums her fingers over his heart.

“I will.” He kisses the top of her head. This will all be over soon. I promise I’ll give you a quiet life.

------------------------------------------------









Sandara is frantically fighting to keep her head above the ice cold water. A few times her head goes under the dark water. She engulfs a mouthful of water. Coughing and splashing her hands she continues to scream his name out repeatedly.


“Tabi! Tabi! Tabi!”


Seung Hyun could see her below, drowning. His LOVE is drowning yet he does not move at all on the cliff edge of a rock he is standing on. Her eyes beg him to jump in and save her. He answers her begging eyes with his ghostly stare. She screams an agonizing scream that pierces his ear drums. He closes his eyes.


. . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .




She’s gone.


“Dara…” 


Seung Hyun looks down again at the black water that stretches endless in all direction. A white figure surfaces from underneath revealing Sandara in a white night gown. Skin pale she shows no hint of life. Seung Hyun’s lips quiver as he continues to stare at her lifeless body float over the calm black water. 



The water ripples. A disturbance has entered. Seung Hyun pops his head up close to Sandara. He cries while caressing her cold cheek, “I love you.”


A huge wave separates the two apart. He notices he’s swimming in blood. The red water suddenly turned very still and calm. He spots Sandara a few feet away from him. Her night gown is red. Seung Hyun quickly swims back to her side. Lightly turning her head to look at him he places a soft kiss on her lips, “Sandara, our love is for ETERNITY.”

Sandara’s eyes opens. Eyes blood shot red she glares at him, “You chose otherwise!” She pushes Seung Hyun away from her. She paddles her legs to keep her head above the water. Her eyes full of anger and hate.


“You chose this!” She scoops up the bloody water with her right hand then splashes it towards Seung Hyun, “I followed you to my death Seung Hyun….” Closing her eyes she sinks.


Disappearing again from his sight Seung Hyun panics, “NO! SANDARA!”








SANDARA!


He feels emptiness. Panic shoots all over his system. He stumbles his way out of the cave. The bright sun ray blinds his eyes, “Sandara?!”



Leaves-branches-trees-rocks did not hurt him at all while running through them. Sandara where are you? He hears leaves rustle to his right. Seung Hyun dashes toward the sound then leaps up on the tree. Surprisingly he was caught off guard and is now pinned against the tree trunk. 




“Interesting.”




He falls forward on his knees and rubs his neck. Seung Hyun takes his revenge from the attack and it’s his turn to pin, “Don’t you ever do that again! My soul left my body when I found you gone. What are you doing out here? We’re supposed to stay together. And why were you looking at me like that earlier?” He inches his face close staring hard in her eyes.

Sandara smirks before planting a kiss on his lips, “I thought you would be faster than me since you’re THE ONE but I was able to pin you before you could even react. Hmm, that isn’t good at all.” She frowns.

“I am fast. I knew you were near that’s why I let my guard down. I allowed you to pin me.” He smiles, “I would never allow a vampire lay a hand on you or me, you hear?” Seung Hyun pinches her nose, “You still didn’t answer my question. Why'd you leave me?”

“I didn’t leave you on purpose. I woke up out here. I think my sleep walking problem is back again. This only happens when I’m stressed over capturing a vampire and since we’re planning on containing a whole lot of vampires I guess my brain went a little off in dreamland.” Sandara scrunches her nose. She's a little annoyed at herself that she can’t control her sleep walking problem. It is definitely not the right time to be unconsciously walking through a forest full of vampires. She shakes her head disapprovingly, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry by end of tonight it will all be over. I don’t like seeing that fear in your eyes.” Seung Hyun kisses each of Sandara’s eye lid closed and lastly plants a kiss on her lips.

Sandara takes his hand into hers, “We must run faster than the wind. They won’t see us if we do. From here on I’ll stand close by to you in every fight. If worst comes to worst we run off together. There’s no time in being a hero and saving one from danger. If you tell me to leave you and run to safety I won’t. We’ll leave together no matter what the situation is even if it means death for us both.” She squeezes his hand hard.

“It won’t be our death but theirs.” He assures her with a sweet smile.

------------------------------------------------










“Noona…”


Mir his head to the side. He glances at Seung ho then Sang Hyun. Dressed in formal black suits the three men coolly lean against the marble gray wall. Mir fidgets his fingers inside his pocket. Seung ho hisses, “She’ll be fine. They’re not going to punish her.”

“It’s the Elders we’re talking about here! How sure are you that –“ 

The maple brown door opens up revealing a cheekily happy Bom. She strides gracefully toward the men, “Seung Ho, they want to talk to you too. We got some strategizing to do with the Elders. Tonight we’ll infiltrate their headquarter.” She grins.

Sang Hyun bites his lower lip, “Why must they be there first before us? Destiny is cruel sending them to fight all alone.”

Bom nods. She watches Sang Hyun’s eye tear up. She grabs his hand, “Have faith, Sang Hyun.”

Sang Hyun’s smile does not reach his eyes. He looks away and stares at the wall-like water fall in front of him. He sees a blurry vision of Sandara and Seung Hyun badly hurt and covered in blood. 

------------------------------------------------






A blur as time flies by behind the couple. Hand in hand the love they felt and have been feeling continues to circulate through their system. LOVE, COMPASSION, AND SECURITY – are the strong foundation surrounding their hearts. 


Seconds.


Minutes.


Hours.


Days.


Months.


Years.


Decades.


Even a millennium could never deteriorate a speck of the strong bind surrounding their LOVE. Sandara and Seung Hyun did not know then that they unleashed a powerful strength from their first kiss. Pure innocence of their love released the invisible impermeable power. It was a Guardian myth that only the most powerful Guardian couple could receive that gift. No Guardian ever willed that kind of strength because it is not in their personality to greed for more power. Unknown to them that its power could only be used once when one of them pleas to give their life up to save their partner. Only then will the impermeable power release itself from their hearts and protect the proclaimed love the other person wished upon for safety.