CHAPTER 14

ETERNITY

 

CHAPTER 14








1:00 p.m.

“Go.”


Seung Ho briefly glances at G.O. and Joon then nods his head. Both men are each carrying an unconscious body in their arms. In a blur they disappear into the opening of the thick forest. He purses his lips in satisfaction as he enters his car.

------------------------------------------------










HYUNG!

Sang Hyun barged through the doors. Mir and Bom quickly chases after him. He frantically searches each and every room of Bom’s hideout home. Mir manages to pull him aside.

“Calm down, hyung…” Mir looks at him sympathetically. He gently squeezes his shoulder then looks back at Bom. She is staring blankly at the dark hallway behind the two boys.

Sang Hyun closes his eyes. Warm water begins to flow down his baby cheeks. He whispers, “Noona, please….please don’t leave me…..”

------------------------------------------------







“We’re here.”


G.O. slows down his pace. A few seconds later Joon appears beside him. They carefully lay Seung Hyun and Sandara on the soft grass. G.O. looks at his watch. 2:45 His eyes then cautiously scans their surrounding. He lets out a sigh of relief before pulling out a small blue vial from his pocket, “It’s time for you to wake up.” He drops a couple drops into Seung Hyun’s mouth.

Joon quietly sits beside Sandara. He brushes her hair aside revealing his bite mark. He traces it with his fingertip, “Mianhe.”

“Focus Joon!” G.O. roughly pulls Joon off the ground to face him, “We need to stick to the plan. You can’t let that guilt cloud your mind. Remember what we talked about earlier with Seung Ho?” 

Joon glances down at Sandara and nods, “I doubt I could forget how Seung Ho strictly dictated each and every detail of our plan for the past 2 hours. He basically drilled it into our minds that we MUST NOT MAKE A MISTAKE with this plan. It’s our FREEDOM we’re talking about. He is indeed the KEY to our freedom.” He turns his head toward Seung Hyun’s direction then back at G.O., “She too also plays a very important role in our freedom. I’m worried about her. ”

G.O. drops down on one knee and takes a closer look at Sandara, “She’ll wake up. I believe Seung Ho’s word that she WILL wake up.” He lifts her up and walks over to Seung Hyun. He places her beside him. 

Joon stands beside G.O. “I’ve never heard of any Guardian surviving our bite. I’m sorry if I doubt Seung Ho but it really is unbelievable. How can he be so sure? And you too? I only know of death for her kind.”

“Listen.” G.O. pulls Joon down closer to him on the ground. He lightly moves Joon’s head near Sandara’s chest, “Hear that? It’s strong. Her heart is fighting to come back to him.” He nods his head at Seung Hyun. “Don’t you feel this powerful aura radiating from them when being in their presence?”

“You felt that too?!” Joon pulls his head back. Eyes wide open, “I thought it was just me! I felt weird earlier when we encountered them together on the side of the road. And once they entered our car the impact was head spinning. I felt kind of nauseous actually. I’m still feeling weird being next to them. Why are they like that hyung?” He tilts his head in curiosity as he stares back and forth between the unconscious couple.

“I’m sorry if Seung Ho and I kept this from you. But I think it’s the right time for you to know the truth about Seung Ho’s extraordinary abilities.” G.O. pats Joon’s shoulder to get his attention.

“Don’t tell me he’s psychic?!” Joon grins playfully.

“How did you know?” G.O. shockingly gasps.

“I’m not as dense as you two think I am. Well, I know I can be kind of slow but I do know how to connect the dots. I kind of figured it out in the past few days..you know with the way Seung Ho hyung was acting all weird and all…” Joon dusts off the grass from his jeans as he stands back up. “Go on. Explain to me what hyung really is.” 

G.O. stands up too, “Do you still remember when we were teenage Guardians? I mean even if it’s a mere cloudy memory for you. I still want to ask you if you still can remember. Our parents told us about the Seers within our kind…”

Joon ponders his hand on his chin and thinks, “Oh yeah. I could kind of recall that memory. Um…I know there is a female seer right?”

“Yes! You do remember! There are always two seers in every generation….and guess who the other seer is?” G.O. waits for Joon to answer.

“Hmmm.” He rubs his temple with his fingers. “Wait…. I’m thinking…. Who can it be? I remember they have a male and female seer. They also play the role of keepers of peace and serenity within our kind. Together their abilities are great and is indeed a big help for our future. But didn’t it get thrown off balance when one of them disappeared? I didn’t get to find out who the other male seer was before I changed into a Dark Angel. This !” Joon sighs in defeat. He crosses his arms in frustration.

G.O. rolls his eyes, “I thought you said you knew how to connect the dots. Knock. Knock. Hello?!”

Light bulb turns on in Joon’s head instantly, “NO WAY! Seung Ho is other Guardian Seer?!” He slaps his forehead, “WAIT A MINUTE! He’s not a Guardian anymore…how can he still have his powers?”

“It’s still in his blood. He was born a Seer and is still one. He was robbed of using his full abilities as a Guardian Seer. He turned into a Dark Angel before turning into full Guardian. You know the whole story with how we changed. Anyways he still has his abilities but it’s not as strong as it should be if he was still a full Guardian. He only sees bits and pieces of the future since he changed. The goodness is what he still longs for. He could never deny his true blood. I guess we’re very lucky to be by his side because his good powers also protected us from fully turning into real Dark Angels. His ability has intensified a few hours ago in the presence of the two. He has foreseen what we have been waiting for a very long time. It will come true if we stick with the plan. ” G.O. smiles.

“I understand now. I will definitely keep my focus to succeed in this mission.” Joon lifts up his fist.

“That’s the fighting spirit I was looking for earlier. No more guilty feeling okay? Believe Seung Ho.” G.O. looks down at Seung Hyun. “Let’s go hide. We need to keep our distance when they wake up at the same time keep an eye on them.”

“Wait! I’m still curious about their powerful aura. Does Seung Ho know why their presence makes us feel that way?” Joon looks at the couple again.

G.O. wraps his arm around Joon’s neck, “He knows. But he didn’t tell me. I know what you’re thinking. I’ve tried to squeeze it out of him. He told me we’ll find out at the right time and we have to see it for ourselves. I have no clue what he meant but come on now I can hear his heartbeat changing. He’ll wake up soon.” He drags Joon quickly away from the sleeping couple.

------------------------------------------------









“Noona?”

Sang Hyun looks over his shoulder and follows Mir’s worrisome gaze at Bom. They both walk over to her side.

“What’s wrong?” Mir steps in front of Bom blocking her view. 

Bom slightly moves her head and continues to stare at the dark hallway. A few moments later she steps aside and slowly walks down the hallway. She stops midway between the darkness and the dim light illuminating beside her from the small lamp post. Reaching her right hand out into the darkness she smiles.

Lost and confused at the scene Mir shrugs his shoulders at Sang Hyun. They return their focus back at Bom who is still stretching her hand out at nothing. Slowly she pulls her hand back inch by inch revealing another hand in hers.

The young boys gasped in shock. A young man with dark eye bags and red hair slicked up appears from the darkness. He shyly smiles at Bom and nods his head at the shock boys. Bom guides him towards them not letting go of his hand. She stops and turns his head to face her. She bats her eyes a couple times, “Where are they?”

“You know where they are…” The mystery man briefly shuts his eyes for a moment. Opening his eyes once again releases another shocking gasps from the two boys. His eyes are glowing and his iris eye color is now bright as the blue sky. 

Bom bats her eyes once more and smiles back at him. She too briefly shuts her eyes. Mir reaches his hand out to her when she opened her eyes. He quickly pulls his hand back when he stared into her glowing blue eyes. She giggles at his shock expression.

Mir and Sang Hyun are now mesmerized at the beauty of the peaceful glowing light illuminating from the pair in front of them. It takes them a couple minutes to realize what’s going on. Sang Hyun shakes his head from the trance, “He’s the missing male seer! You’re other half!”

“Finally you two reunite! Where have you been man?” Mir grabs the glowing man’s shoulder and playfully shakes him. He chuckles at his gesture.

Bom pulls the other seer’s hand to get his attention, “We should follow them.”

“Is my sister okay?” Sang Hyun anxiously waits for her response. 

Both seers look at Sang Hyun with assuring smiles. They nod their heads. Bom speaks, “She’ll be okay. Trust us.” 

“By the way my name is Seung Ho.” He reaches his hand out at Sang Hyun and shakes it. “Don’t worry about her. She’s strong in here.” He places his hand over his heart. “She’ll fight the venom and wake up.”

Mir jumps in between the two guys, “You saw it didn’t you? That she’ll wake up right?”

Bom laughs but abruptly stops. Her eyes glaze gray and so does Seung Ho’s eyes. After a few seconds their eye colors returned back to normal. They look at each other then the two boys. They speak in unison, “We should go now!”

Seung Ho pulls Bom with him down the hall. Sang Hyun and Mir quickly follow after them.

------------------------------------------------





Water. 

My throat it’s scorching dry.

I need water.



Sandara squints. It is pitched black. She cannot see anything. But she feels every gruesome torture any person could receive. She thought it ended just a moment ago when thirst was all she felt after all the burning she has gone through. Now she is back to the unbearable torturous pain. The torture just keeps repeating itself - burning inside and out; thirst; millions of vampires biting and beating the life out of her; sharp objects stabbing her everywhere; and drowning. 


When will this end?



Sandara tries her best to keep her mind off the pain. She begins to imagine all her loved ones standing on a white sandy beach waving at her from afar while she is trapped in the middle of the ocean. No matter how hard she tries to swim back to them the waves keep pulling her farther away. Suddenly a heavy weight pulls her down the ocean. She engulfs a mouth full of water. 


Air.



“Breathe. Sandara. Breathe.”




Tabi? She tries to find where his voice is coming from. It’s no use for her to look around in this darkness. 

TABI! Sandara tries to scream with her voice but nothing. She wants to cry but she can’t. Seung Hyun…please don’t stop talking…even though I see no light in here…your voice is my strength…

Seung Hyun’s voice felt soothing to her battered body. Confidence is building inside her now. I will not allow this darkness to swallow me in. I’ll leave this darkness soon enough. Tabi, my Tabi. I’m not letting go. I’ll follow your voice anywhere. I’ll keep holding onto you…


Another wave of the venom’s torture sweeps through Sandara’s body once more. Inside Sandara is paralyzed from responding to all the torture but outside her body is indeed responding. 



Seung Hyun is going crazy and feeling useless that he cannot take her pain away. He wishes that he was the one receiving all the pain for her. He composes himself from his madness and manages to take her by a small creek near a mountain. Fresh spring water smoothly flows down some rocks by the creek. 

He lays her back against the tree and reaches for a big leaf from the tree branch. Seung Hyun dashes quickly from the creek and back to Sandara’s side in less than a second. Slowly he drips a few drops of cool spring water into her lips from the leaf cupped in his hand.

“You’re lips are dry. Drink up Sandara.”

Seung Hyun continues to hydrate Sandara with cool water from creek for a good ten minutes. He drops the leaf when Sandara’s body became rigid. He immediately pulls out his wallet and sticks it in . She’s having a seizure. He fears she might lock her jaw and bite her tongue. She will stop breathing if that happens. Sandara convulses in his arms. He holds her tightly against his chest. 

“I’m here Sandara. I’m here.” He coos repeatedly trying to calm her down. Hoping she could still hear his voice amidst her being unconscious by the venom. Seung Hyun is confident that Sandara will not give into the torture and drown into the darkness. He’s not giving up. He will continue to stick by her side until it is over. He brings Sandara’s head closer to his heart. She’s still thrashing her body and head. He tightly holds her head, “Listen to this familiar beat. I’m here. You’re one and only Tabi. I love you Sandara.” He kisses her forehead.

Sandara’s body relaxes. Her breathing is shallow. Seung Hyun lets out a sigh of relief. A tear escapes the corner of his eye, “She can hear me.”