CHAPTER 19

ETERNITY

 

CHAPTER 19

 

 

Seung Hyun kicks the handle of a maple brown door and the handle breaks apart.  He gives another strong kick to the door.  Quickly the couple enters the Big Boss’ office.  Surprisingly they find an empty office with no signs of their main target.  Sandara dashes around the room looking if the Big Boss was hiding or has left the office through a secret passage.  They were not given the privilege to know if there were any secret passages in the Big Boss’ office.  She begins to rip books off each shelf along the walls.  She plans on emptying them out then pulling the shelves out of the walls. 

 


While Sandara continues to trash the place Seung Hyun carefully takes a seat on the Boss’ chair.  He pulls open the drawer to the right of the desk revealing a plain envelope with no addressed name.  He opens the envelope and finds a small picture.  Seung Hyun believes the photo is a family picture of the Big Boss and his two sons.  It looks like a recent picture since his sons look like young men instead of children.  The photo disappears from his hand and he looks up to see it in Sandara’s hand, “His sons will hunt us down when we kill him.”

 

Sandara simply puts the photo in her back pocket, “I know but at least we will take him down. Come, “ She takes Seung Hyun’s hand and pulls him to stand, “I found a secret passage over there, “ She nods her head toward another door that was hidden earlier behind the shelf.  The couple runs through the fake projecting door.

 

They find themselves in a black hallway and for a moment they thought they have returned back to the first black endless hallway they were in at the beginning.  Something doesn’t feel right. Sandara thought as she stands in the hallway.  She feels Seung Hyun squeeze her hand and tugs on it.  She looks up to find him staring straight ahead.  She turns her head to look at what he’s staring at.  Standing about three feet from them is the Big Boss. The vampire standing before them has residing hair line with white hair and his age looks around 70. His height is average looking around 5’7 and he looks a little built for an old man. He has an evil glint in his eyes that raises a few hair on Sandara’s arm.  He stares at them smugly before taking one step forward.

 

“Thank you for coming.”  King Kim smiles at the young couple and takes another step.

 

Seung Hyun protective instinct kicks in.  He pushes Sandara behind him but she pushes him back and takes her place back beside him.  He rolls his eyes and quickly returns his focus on the vampire in front of him, “We should thank you for making it easier for us.”  Seung Hyun attacks King Kim.

Sandara gasps as Seung Hyun pounces on top of King Kim.  He flies back up hitting ceiling when King Kim shoves him off.  Loud growls and snarls echo through the hallway.  Sandara hurriedly joins their fight and attacks King Kim from behind.  She grabs his arm and twists it back but he rapidly reverses their position to avoid his arm from breaking.  He smacks Sandara hard across the face with his forearm.  She feels a great amount of pain to her right side of her face.  She spits out her blood right into King Kim’s face.  He growls at her and was ready to pounce when he is suddenly thrown back out of the black hallway into his office by Seung Hyun.

 

King Kim ungraciously lands on a pile of books lying on the floor when the couple emerges from the projected door.  He sees anger and rage from Seung Hyun’s face.  He also sees his eyes have fully dilated black indeed showing he has vampire blood even though he bears no fangs when Seung Hyun growls at him.  King Kim stands up and hisses at Seung Hyun, “Join our side or she will die.”  He reveals a dagger from his right sleeve and instantaneously throws it at Sandara.

 

Sandara fleetly dodges the dagger but not quickly enough.  She pulls the dagger out of her left shoulder and cries out in pain.  She feels a burning pain from her shoulder down to her arm and hand.  Seung Hyun takes the dagger from Sandara and holds her body against him. “What did you do to her?!” He roars at King Kim.

 

“She’s burning inside from that poisoned dagger.  It’s almost like feeling a Dark Angel’s venom.  She will die in a few more minutes if you don’t give me your answer.  Will you join us to save her life?  I have the antidote right here.”  King Kim pats his black suit jacket to his right side where the antidote vial is hidden.

 

“Tabi…” Sandara weakly says as she closes her eyes.  She tiredly rests her head against Seung Hyun’s shoulder.  She’s bites her lips hard trying to suppress from screaming out the pain.  She does not want Seung Hyun to worry but the pain is really unbearable.  The fire spreads out all over her body burning her insides.  It feels like she’s under the Dark Angel venom but ten times more worst.  Tears start to stream down her porcelain skin.

 

Seung Hyun quickly wipes her tears then gently settles Sandara down against the wall.  He worriedly looks at her bleeding wound then back at her face.  She’s trying her best not to show she’s truly hurting.  I will fix this.  You will not die because of me.   I will give up my life for you.  He confidently stands up and walks toward King Kim.


King Kim proudly smiles back at Seung Hyun, “Good choice.”


You’re a dead old man.  Seung Hyun smiles back and reaches his hand out as if to shake his hand, “Indeed a good choice.  Thank you.”  He takes King Kim’s hand and shakes it.


King Kim’s facial expression changes from happiness to pain, “Argh!  Boy!  Let go of my hand!”  Seung Hyun has crushed his hand and broken his fingers.  He still has a solid hold on him.  CRACK!  His wrist is now broken when Seung Hyun twisted it hard.  “LET GO!” King Kim roars.

 

“You will feel what she is feeling right now!”  Seung Hyun uses his free hand to grab King Kim’s other arm and pulls on it. He has dislocated his shoulder.   He let’s go of the old man and pulls the dagger from his back pocket and stabs the man on his other shoulder.  King Kim screams in pain when Seung Hyun pulled the dagger out.  He slumps down to the ground.

 

Seung Hyun hovers over King Kim then stabs him on the left leg then the right, “Still not hurting?  Let me fix that!”  He grabs King Kim’s shoulder and pulls him to sit up, “I will never join your side.”  He growls at him before he starts searching through King Kim’s suit jacket.  He finds the antidote but King Kim grabs it back and swiftly pops it open and drinks it.

 

King Kim smirks at Seung Hyun, “Oops!”  He laughs evilly while looking at Sandara lying unconscious on the ground, “Almost time for her to go…You have made your decision…Poor girl… you rather have her die than live..tsk..tsk..” He shakes his head.
 


Seung Hyun runs to Sandara and cradles her in his arms.  Tears stream down his face and few drops on to Sandara’s face, “NOOO! I’m so sorry…”  I thought I could get the antidote to you before him…Please…Please don’t die…Take my life instead…Your soul is my soul…if you die..I die….I love you Sandara….take my life….please…  Seung Hyun’s tears glistens like diamonds as more and more tears drop onto her face.

 

King Kim watches amazingly at the couple before him.  He feels the burning sensation go away as the antidote slowly cures him.  He sees Seung Hyun’s tears glowing from his face to the young woman’s face.  What’s happening to them?  He stands up to walk toward them.  Suddenly he feels a barrier and can’t pass it.  He steps forward again.  There’s an invisible barrier around the couple.  What power is this?

 

Seung Hyun buries his head on Sandara’s chest while his tears continuous to freely fall.  He does not hear her heart beating and he cries even harder.  He does not even notice his glowing white tears as he cried his heart out to his lifeless lover.  He lifts his head up and places a gentle kiss on her soft lips.  Suddenly he is blinded by a bright white light.  The whole room is lighted pure white and it scares Seung Hyun that he has completely lost Sandara.  He pulls Sandara to his chest and securely tucks her in his arm making sure she doesn’t disappear with this strange white light.



For a full minute the bright light continues to blind the people in the room at the same time radiating the room with warmth.  After a minute passes by the white lightly slowly starts to dim and the room returns back to its normal lighting.  King Kim blinks his eyes and is shock at what just happened.  He steps forward once more but the resistance is still there.  Seung Hyun’s tears still have not stopped flowing from his cheeks to Sandara’s face.  He looks down and is shocked to see her wet face glowing.  My tears are glowing?

 

Sandara’s eyes flutters open.  Her eyes are glowing white just like his tears, “Tabi.”

 

“You’re alive!”  Seung Hyun showers Sandara kisses all over her face and lastly plants a sweet kiss on her lips before embracing her.

 

“I’m alive and healed….” Sandara slowly says.  “How did this happen?”  Sandara pulls back from the embrace and curiously looks up at Seung Hyun.

 

“Yes, please enlighten us.  I want to know too.”  King Kim has passed the barrier once Sandara woke up.  He is standing behind Seung Hyun looking down at the couple.  He secretly picked up the dagger Seung Hyun dropped earlier when he cradled a lifeless Sandara in his arms.

 

Before Seung Hyun could speak and tell King Kim off.  King Kim raised his hand with the dagger and plunges down to stab Seung Hyun in the neck.  Sandara was quicker to respond to his attempt.  She throws Seung Hyun aside at the same time kicking King Kim’s elbow.  Seung Hyun hits his head hard against the edge of a coffee table and goes unconscious.  King Kim’s elbow snapped from the strong force of Sandara’s foot.  He cries out in anger and briefly drops the dagger but quickly recovers it and throws it at Sandara.  Again Sandara was quick to dodge it.  She pulls the dagger out of the wooden wall from behind her and throws it to King Kim.  It lands directly in the middle of his chest and instantly Sandara appears in front of the vampire looking very angry.  She pushes the dagger further into his chest then takes a step back and kicks him hard in the chest as the dagger passes through.  He coughs out dark fluid from his mouth.  Sandara picks up the dagger from behind him and waves it in front of him, “This thing is bad.  Why do you keep such a lethal weapon around?  Someone can use this against you….like…”  Sandara pretend to think with her free hand tapping her chin.

 

King Kim uses it as an opportunity to grab the dagger away from Sandara.  Seung Hyun has regain conscious just in time and caught the small movement.  He jumps to pull Sandara back away from King Kim.  But Sandara side steps King Kim before Seung Hyun could pull her.  She appears behind King Kim and slits his throat with the dagger.  He falls forward and lands on his face.  Dark fluid starts to surround his body spilling from his throat.  Seung Hyun presses his lips together at the sight of the dead man.  He just wished it was him that killed the guy but he’s just relieved that he can’t hurt Sandara anymore.  He pulls Sandara into an embrace and takes the dagger away from her.

 

“FATHER!!!!!!!!!!”

 

The couple turns around and finds a young blond man standing at the door entrance of the office.  They both realize the son of the King Kim has just witnessed them murdering his father.  He does not look very happy about that.  The blond man bares his fangs at them and lunges forward.  Sandara and Seung Hyun separate instantly from their embrace. 

“Jiyong, what-“  Jaejoong’s eyes widen once he steps into the office right after his brother.  He sees his father surrounded with his own blood while his brother lunges forward.  The angry fire ignites instantly with the sight of his beloved father.  He too joins his brother in attacking the couple in front of him.

Jiyong reaches Sandara and has a firm grip on her shoulders.  Seung Hyun puts a hand on Jiyong’s shoulder to pull him away but he feels a pressure on his shoulder.  Suddenly he feels himself flying across the room away from Sandara.  Seung Hyun shakes his head from the fall and searches for Sandara.  She is grappling the young blond man who is trying to tear her head off.  He takes a step forward but yet again he feels himself fly and hit smack hard against the wall.  He angrily growls and faces the perpetrator, standing in a fighting stance just like him.  He lunges forward and grabs Jaejoong from the shoulder.  They both start wrestling each other with their strength.  Both of them are not giving in as they struggle to bring the other one down.

 

Jaejoong speaks first, “You killed our father!  You will not leave this room alive.” He growls closely to Seung Hyun’s face.  His eyes briefly look at Sandara, “And neither will she!”

 

Seung Hyun follows Jaejoong’s line of vision and roars out in rage, “NO!!!”  Jiyong is on top of Sandara throwing punch after punch to Sandara’s face and chest not giving her time to recover from the blow.  Her arms are firmly stuck to her sides with Jiyong’s legs pinned securely over her.  Seung Hyun gives Jaejoong a solid kick in the stomach and hastily runs across the room to Sandara.  He roughly yanks Jiyong’s right arm back dislocating it in the process as he throws him off to the wall.  He graciously pulls a bloody Sandara up into his arms.  She coughs up blood and struggles to breath, “Tabi..we…must….leave…” She gently pushes Seung Hyun’s chest and tries to get down from his arms to stand up.  He holds her even tighter.

 

Sandara looks back up with tears building up in her eyes, “The pain will go away soon…let’s run…”  Sandara could feel her body beginning to heal itself as it regenerates her broken bones to her face.  She glances at the two brothers who are growling at them a couple feet away.  She curiously tilts her head and wonders why they’re not attacking them.  Then she sees it shimmer a bit once the blonde man steps forward.  There’s an invisible barrier blocking their enemies from them.  What is that?  Sandara looks back at Seung Hyun who’s breathing heavily through his mouth while staring down the two men from across them.  She lightly places her right hand on his cheek and his eye softens when he looks at her, “Let’s go.”

 

He helps her stand up and securely locks his arm around her waist to support her.  Seung Hyun and Sandara both take a few steps toward the brothers and are an arm length away from them.  Sandara speaks up first breaking the silent staring contest they’ve been going at since Sandara set her feet on the ground.  “This war has been going on for so long.  Don’t you guys want this just to end already?  I’m sorry you had to see this but either way death is inevitable with this ongoing war.  We tried being civilized with your kind but if we don’t agree with your way then it’ll be death for us.  We were just defending ourselves here to stay alive.  I’m sorry for killing your father.”  She lightly bows her head then looks directly at the blonde hair man, “We can end this war now if you surrender and join our alliance in bringing peace to our kind and yours.  Once your head quarter here joins us then everyone else will follow suit.  What is your name?”

 

“Jiyong.”  He presses his lips together then grimly speaks up, “You better remember my name because no matter where you and your partner hide I’ll be there hunting you two down until I drain every last bit of your blood.” He snarls then spits at the barrier between.  His saliva slowly drips down the barrier in front of Sandara.  He turns his head to Seung Hyun and studies his face briefly before returning his focus on Sandara, “Whatever this strange power you have here” He waves his hand forward and places it on the invisible barrier, “I will find a way to break it…” He glances at Seung Hyun once more and evilly smiles at Sandara, “He will die before you can even set this barrier up to protect him.  Mark my word even though you’re a young lady I will kill you in the end.  Like you said death is inevitable.” 

 

Sandara feels goose bumps on her arms while staring at Jiyong’s dark eyes as he smirks at her.  She feels Seung Hyun wraps his arms around her.  She opens to speak but Seung Hyun cuts her off, “Good luck with your threat!”  He turns her around and guides her toward the door. He pauses for a moment and turns around at the brothers still behind the barrier, “You can try all you want to kill us but your wish will never come true for our death.”  Seung Hyun smiles at them knowingly like he has a secret.

 

“Just because she’s the ONE you’re acting all cocky now!”  Jiyong yells and bangs against the barrier, “Like what I said earlier I will break whatever power she has and then it will be all downhill from there.  You will be my first target to break her!”  Jiyong grabs a chair on his right and hurls it at the barrier.  The chair breaks apart.  His brother places a comforting hand on his shoulder while glaring at Seung Hyun and Sandara.

 

Sandara squeezes Seung Hyun’s hand and cover his lips with her other hand to stop him from replying back to Jiyong’s threat, “Let him be.  His emotion is controlling him now there no point in aggravating him more.  I believe our back up should be here soon and I don’t know how long that barrier will hold.  We must put as much distance as we can between us and them.”  She looks back at Jiyong who is currently throwing a fit behind the barrier.  He’s trashing the already trashed place with the books scattered everywhere.

 

Seung Hyun simply nods his head and together they walk hand in hand out the Big Boss’ office.  Once they stepped out of the doors they ran as fast as their speed could take them down the hallway mazes.  They both agreed to which exit point they will be exiting from.  As they were nearing the exit point they could hear the security alarm ringing throughout the hallway.  Their time was ticking to get out of there before they get surrounded by an entire lot of vampire soldiers.

 

“Sandara, you go first.”  Seung Hyun ushers Sandara forward up small door compartment.  It can only occupy one person at a time for the exit.  Sandara stubbornly shakes her head then roughly pushes Seung Hyun in the portal exit.  She then jumps and wraps her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.  She smiles and kisses the tip of his nose, “See we can fit in here together.  Did you forget already?  I said we’ll leave this place together.  What if I go first and then something bad happens to you while I’m out there all alone? Huh? Then you’ll break your promise.”  She kisses the tip of his nose once more then they feel the portal move speedily up.  Seung Hyun chuckles at Sandara’s reason and sees no point in arguing with her.  He’s happy to have her in his arms no matter what the situation is.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong, the barrier is gone now.”  Jaejoong walks across the room toward their lifeless father’s body.  Jiyong is instantly by his side to turn his father’s body on his back.  Jaejoong places a hand over his father’s forehead, “Rest in peace, father.  We will carry on your wishes like what we promised when we were younger.”  He looks at Jiyong who is holding back his tears while holding their father’s hand.  He reaches a hand out to his younger brother and pats his shoulder, “Rein in your new power Jiyong.  I need you to keep it under control.  We could use it against them.  I was afraid earlier that you’ll burst and show them your new found strength.  Today isn’t the right time to show them that.  We will surprise them, Jiyong.  Just wait and see.”  He squeezes his shoulder to get his attention.

 

“Hyung…” Tears start freely flowing down Jiyong’s cheeks.  He furiously wipes his cheeks with his free hand and ashamedly bows his head, “I’m sorry hyung for showing you weakness right now for crying.”

 

“It’s ok little bro.  I know we aren’t allowed to show weakness with feeling of love and crying.  But we do love our father.  For now I will let this go but next time you have to be strong enough to hide it.  Okay little bro?”  Jaejoong pats his head then stands up, “I’ll handle the situation here for tonight.  Go home and rest.  Tomorrow we will start a new plan with the Guardians and most especially seek revenge for our father’s death.  You’ll need your strength for tomorrow.  Go now.  I’ll have our men take care of our father’s body and we will cremate him tomorrow as well.”

 

Jiyong tiredly stands up, “Yes hyung.”  He bids his brother good-bye and slowly walks down the hallway.  He could somewhat hear the security alarm ringing in the background but ignored it.  Images of his father’s throat being slit by that young lady keeps replaying in his mind.  How could I have let this happen?  I already saw it but I could not stop it.  This gift never fails me in predicting the future but why must it fail me now on the most important person in my life?  He staggered toward another door and briefly leans against a wall, “She will pay for killing him.  And he…”  Jiyong shuts his eyes concentrating hard on Seung Hyun’s face.  Why does he look so familiar?

 

“Argh!!!”  Jiyong frustratingly pulls his hair and kneels on the ground, “Father!  I’m so sorry I failed you!”  He pounds furiously on the ground with his fists.  Suddenly he stiffens and feels paralyzed.  His mind is engulfed into a vision.  The scene before him is all gray and distorted. It’s like he’s floating in some kind of dream.  He sees some male figures jumping off an airplane or a helicopter.  He is unsure from the point of view he is currently viewing at.  It feels like he’s in someone else’s mind but the surrounding is all unfocused.  He wishes he could see everything clearly.  Floating down towards a clearing he sees more blurry male figures gathering amongst each other.

 

Suddenly a clear face catches his attention out of all the blurred faces surrounding him.  He looks like her…the one that killed my father.  He feels himself moving toward the young baby face man who is currently instructing the other blurry male figures.  He hears a name called out.  ”SANG HYUN!” Jiyong watches the young baby face man turn his head toward the female voice.  So that’s his name.  But I don’t understand...  Sang Hyun is talking to two other blurry figures.  One looks like a male and the other a female.  He feels his strength slowly draining and radiating towards the blurred figures.  How is this possible?  Can the ONE transform back and forth between a man and woman?  Maybe he was the young boy I used to see in my dreams.  But he was always faceless.  Then in my recent dream I saw the young lady who looks like this young man.  She killed my father.  I’m so confused.  Who is really the ONE?  Jiyong is now standing next to Sang Hyun.  He could see his hands reaching out to touch Sang Hyun’s face.

 

Violently he is thrown out of the vision in an aggressive manner making him spit out some blood.  His head feels like its’ being hammered with a sledgehammer.  Jiyong sluggishly sits up and leans his head back against the wall, “Sang Hyun, whoever you are…I’ll find you…” He breathes heavily and closes his eyes, “I will see to it that you feel every inch of pain no man can even bear.  You will feel what I just felt earlier.”

 

Jiyong’s strength returns instantaneously with determination set in his mind.  He stands back up with ease and walks hurriedly down the hallway.  He proudly smirks to himself.  They’ve just arrived.  Sang Hyun I’ll see you in a few.

 

tumblr_ma0y6wD4uJ1rwa8eoo1_500.jpg

[credit photo above from: http://beautiful-as-vampire.tumblr.com/post/31114170705]

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Omo! I'm sorry for being on hiatus. My broken promise for not updating ;( I'm sorry. But here's an update.  This chapter has been sitting in my laptop for months.  I only finished the last few paragraphs a couple days ago.  I'm working on the the next chapter.  I had to kind of refresh my mind on where I was going with this story.  Here you guys got another glimpse of the power of that Seung Hyun unleashed with his love for Sandara to keep her live.  They still don't know about this power but they'll figure it out soon. And I'm sorry if I made Jiyong like a villain here along with Jaejoong but at least they're hot villains hehe ;) 

Please forgive me for the super late update.  But I'm still here and I didn't forget this story.  It's a good story line and it's a waste for me not to complete it.  Don't worry it's not ending anytime soon because we're still in the middle of things. Lots of adventures for our main couple to go through.  Thank you everyone who has subscribed and followed this story.  I hope I didn't disappoint you guys with this chapter.
- Dhelcee

tumblr_lwy9bqwZnD1qg3b27.giftumblr_m1o2ssuDGo1qf4frdo1_500.gif

Are you following us?  Please stay tuned for the next chapter. - Seung Hyun & Sandara