CHAPTER 18

ETERNITY

 

CHAPTER 18

 

 

 

 

8:00 P.M. - South Korea’s Vampire Head Quarter

 

 

Sandara hides behind from one tree to another while Seung Hyun follows her footsteps a second after her.  Sandara signaled to Seung Hyun earlier when she saw the old abandon cabin a couple miles ahead of them.  Since Sandara specializes in hunting down vampires' hidden location she had a strong feeling that the cabin was their entrance into their quarter.  Only thirty minutes has passed when they finally were close to the cabin.  Seung Hyun made sure to keep an eye of their surroundings behind them while Sandara scans their surrounding ahead of them for any hidden vampires or traps.



It was a relief for Sandara that the vampires did not lay out any traps on the outside of the cabin.  Her guess was because it would make it very obvious on their part if they did do that and would show they were secretly hiding something there.  Sandara set foot on the cabin’s patio entrance.  She prayed it did not creak or else a vampire within the 10 mile vicinity would hear it and run towards them.  Both Seung Hyun and Sandara were really light on their feet and no sound could be heard from them when they were running through the forest.  It’s as if they were simply gliding through the forest.  She finally let out a mute breath once she stepped on the wooden floorboard.  No creak.  Quietly they both enter the front door of the cabin.  Sandara points to a door that leads to a room for Seung Hyun to search any signs of a secret door.
 


Seung Hyun momentarily leaves Sandara and enters the bedroom door.  He finds it empty and sees only one closet door.  Slowly he turns the knob of a door revealing a lonely dusty black leather jacket.  Behind it he sees an old tattered poster of a forest.  The top corner of the poster is a bit peeled off and hanging loosely at the edge.  Something seems to be calling at him from behind the door and he reaches his left hand out toward the hanging edge of the poster.  Suddenly he feels a present behind him and a hand wraps around his forearm.  He turns his head down to his left side and finds Sandara staring at the edge of the poster.  She blinks a few times while nibbling on her lower lip.  Seung Hyun follows her gaze back at the poster and finally tears the poster down.  Sandara’s hand was still wrapped around his forearm when he pulled the poster down.  She grips his arm tightly when she sees the button on the wooden wall.  Before Seung Hyun can push the button she pulls his hand down.  She shakes her head then nods it.  She mouths, ”I’m sorry, just a little scared.”
 

Seung Hyun reaches his other hand out to Sandara and pulls her head to him and kisses her forehead.  He mouths back, ”I’m here.”  He presses the button opening another room with an elevator.  They both enter the elevator.  Sandara grabs Seung Hyun’s hand with her right hand and pulls his head down with her left to bring his ear close to .  Only he could hear her very soft voice whisper, “We leave here together, Tabi.”  No human or especially a vampire’s ear could pick up the sound that left Sandara’s mouth.  It came out more like a sigh than a sentence.  It is another secret gift Sandara carries with her that only her brother knows about and now Seung Hyun.  She only uses that voice if she feels the need to let out how she really feels before entering a dangerous mission.  And this mission they are entering tops all those other mission she has ever been in.  It has only been a few days since she was reunited with the love of her life and she feels as though destiny likes making their lives so difficult.  She really hopes they don’t get separated again like last time.  She believes this time she will truly die with Seung Hyun if he gets killed tonight.  She will not bare another lifetime without him.  It was hard the first time what more when she just had him returned back.  She will not allow fate or destiny snatch Seung Hyun away from her like before.   Sandara is determined to keep Seung Hyun alive by the end of this night.



Sandara feels Seung Hyun’s warm lips on her forehead again.  She looks back up and he nods his head at what she whispered to him earlier.  She smiles lovingly back at him before pressing the elevator button to go down.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun and Sandara exit the elevator and step into a black room with only one door.   Hand in hand the couple walks up to the door.  Seung Hyun curiously looks down at a small white box near the door.  He flips the lid of the box back to reveal a red crystal ball.  He instantly feels drawn to the crystal ball and subconsciously places his hand on top of it.   Information bombards his mind which surprisingly scared him since he never had that happened to him before.  He grips onto Sandara's hand tightly.



Sandara worriedly reaches her free hand toward his face.  She cups his face and rubs gentle circles on his cheek with her thumb.   She has only seen this kind of device once back in Japan when she was assigned to assist the Japanese Guardian team in rading the Japan Vampires' head quarter.    She knows the crystal ball works like a button to open the entrance.  She has never encountered someone being this absorb to the crystal ball.  What is happening to him?  Sandara tries to pull Seung Hyun's hand away from the ball but was met with resistance.   Her forehead creases and she tries again with all her strength.  She knows Seung Hyun isn't purposely resisting her to pull back.  It's like he is entranced by the ball.  She stares up at Seung Hyun's face.  His eyes are closed and his brows are burrowed like he's concentrating very hard.  She hates feeling helpless so she tiredly rests her free hand on top of Seung Hyun's hand on the ball.
 


Instantly she feels her mind is warped into some kind of control room and then everything is so clear to her of the layout of the vampires' head quarter.  She is then spit back out of the images and feels dizzy.  Sandara feels strong arms wrap around her to keep her balanced.  She feels warm lips on her forehead and she smiles.  Tabi.



Seung Hyun releases her and takes Sandara's hand back into his as they walk through the door that is ajar wide open for them to enter.  He briefly pauses at the door frame and looks back down at Sandara, "You saw it too didn't you?"



Sandara nods her head, "That has never happened to me before.  No Guardian has ever experienced that kind of thing when entering their head quarter.  I only heard that we were only supposed to place our hand on the ball then the door opens.  It's so strange what I saw.  I mean what you saw because I was seeing it from your point of view.  My guess is only a person with a true vampire's blood can get that information."  She blankly stares back at the red crystal ball then at Seung Hyun.



He shrugs his shoulder, "Maybe your right about the blood.  It makes sense for them to only give this information to their kind.  I'm more curious as to how you got to see it.  I felt your presence in my mind when you put your hand on mine.  I was trapped in my own mind processing all the information that was entering my mind and then you came in.  It felt relaxing with you by my side even in my mind."  Seung Hyun plants a gentle kiss on her hand.



Soulmates.  Sandara thought in her mind.  We're bonded together.  She smiles at Seung Hyun, "Sang Hyun was right all along.  We're destined to be together.  I'm connected to you here - " She places her hand over his heart with her free hand then moves it up to cup his face and taps his right temple, "up here and in there."  She points at his chest, "Our heart, mind and soul are all connected.  I was given the privilege to see what you saw because of our connection."



"So that means we're equal in strength then?" Seung Hyun tilts his head trying to connect everything Sandara has said.



"No, I think you're stronger than me because you are the ONE and I'm just a regular Guardian."  She simply states.



Seung Hyun wraps his arms around Sandara and pulls her into an embrace, "You'll always be special to me.  You're no ordinary girl.  I believe we're equal in strength as long as we're together. " He flashes her his killer smile, "So what plan do you have for us pass this door?"



Sandara mischievously grins and pulls Seung Hyun's head down and whispers into his ears her plan.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Are we there yet?"


"Mir."  Sang Hyun growls at the whining boy seated next to him in the private helicopter they're currently riding.  Mir simply rests his head against the window looking bored.  Sang Hyun returns his attention back to Bom and Seung Ho who's seated in front of him in the middle of the helicopter.  Both seers are deep into their conversation murmuring really soft words that Sang Hyun could not decipher even with his good hearing.  He gave up trying to listen to their conversation an hour ago.   His mind drifts to different scenarios of what his sister and Seung Hyun are currently doing.  He pictures them getting caught and Seung Hyun helplessly watching Sandara getting tortured.  It is the only thing that could happen to his sister since she is the one accompanying the ONE.  The vampires will show no mercy until Seung Hyun will join their side.  Sang Hyun shakes his head trying to erase the image of his sister being tortured.  He pinches the bridge of his nose and takes a deep breath.

 

"Don't worry about them."



Sang Hyun opens his eyes to find both seers staring at him.  He was about to say something when Seung Ho cuts him off by raising his hand, "Like what I just said a moment ago.  You shouldn't worry about them.   They'll be ok and where is your faith in them?  Do you not believe they have the strength to fight them?   You of all people should be confident that your sister will make it out there alive.  You know how strong your sister is, am I right?"

 

"Yes I do.  My sister is a tough fighter compared to all the other Guardian females that I have seen and worked with.  Back in Japan most of the female Guardians that have worked with Sandara admire her strength. "  Sang Hyun briefly closes his eyes then opens it again, "You're right I should have never doubted them in the first place.  Their love will enhance their power and strength within them.  They can manage fighting off the vampires until we get there to assist them."  He presses his lips together and lets out a sigh, "I just want to see them already."

 

Bom speaks up, "We're almost there - just another 30 minutes and you will see them."  She reaches her hand out and pinches his cheek.



"Not fair!"  Mir pouts his lips, "Noona, I asked earlier if we're there yet and you guys didn't answer me.  But with Sang Hyun you guys did.  Not fair."  He childishly crosses his arms over his chest.



Sang Hyun breaks into a smile from Mir's slight tantrum for attention.  He pokes Mir's shoulder with his index finger, "I'm sorry..."



Mir uncrosses his arms and gives Sang Hyun a confused look, "Why are you apologizing?"

 

"Er, 'coz I stole your noona's attention from you?  Don't worry I'm not trying to steal her.  I just want to see my noona alive that's all."  Sang Hyun smiles at him then looks at Bom who has returned back to her conversation with Seung Ho.



"I'm not mad at you but at -"  Mir points at Seung Ho then quickly pulls his index finger back towards his lips making a 'sshh' gesture.



Sang Hyun chuckles, "I see.  I get it now."  Bom's attention has been with Seung Ho ever since he arrived at Bom's hide out home. Mir's jealous of the lack of attention he's currently getting.  "Um, anyways let’s play a game once we get there.  Let's play who can get the most kill by the end of the mission.  Are you game?"



Mir's body posture instantly changes at the mention of a game.  He excitedly sits up and bounces up and down in his seat, "Definitely game!  I'll beat all of you guys especially -" He points again at Seung Ho.



Bom turns her head at Mir, "It's not nice to point Mir-reu."



Mir clicks his tongue at Bom and ignores her.  He continues bouncing up and down and happily claps his hands together.  Bom rolls her eyes at Mir and returns back to her conversation with Seung Ho.  Sang Hyun laughs at how childish Mir is acting but at least he is able to relax with Mir's joyful personality.  He leans his head back and takes a deep breath.  My noona and hyung will survive this...I will see them alive at the end of this night...

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Sandara and Seung Hyun had already memorized the layout of the head quarter.  Their first destination they're heading toward is the main control room that handles alarming the vampires if there are intruders in the quarter and also sending and receiving message to and from vampires all over South Korea.  Sandara thinks it's best to destroy their control room before heading to the Big Boss' office.  Once they break their connection of signaling they are intruders in the quarter it would by them time to get out of there before they even notice they killed their leader.  Seung Hyun kissed Sandara immediately after she finished explaining her plan.  He told her that he's proud to have a smart girlfriend like her.  For him it was a brilliant idea and the chances are high for them to leave the area without them getting hurt.

 

Sandara quickly leads Seung Hyun down an empty hallway.   The narrow long hallway seems endless since there are no signs of any doors.  All the walls were painted black including the ceiling and floor.  You would feel as though you'll never leave the endless hallway but there's a secret door to get out of the hallway.  Seung Hyun grabs Sandara's hand halting her to a stop.  He looks up at the ceiling then back at Sandara giving her a playful smirk.  Before Sandara could respond back at Seung Hyun's playful smirk he instantly crouches down and springs up to jump.  He disappears into the black ceiling with no sign of it breaking.  From anyone's point of view to have witnessed that would think Seung Hyun was a ghost that just went through the ceiling.  Sandara frowns that she missed that secret passage.  There was another secret door they were originally supposed to go through a few feet from where she was standing.  She pouts in annoyance that Seung Hyun found another secret passage that wasn't even a door. 



Sandara looks up at the ceiling. Hmm?  Is this a shortcut to the main control room?  She briefly closes her eyes searching out the layout of the quarter.  She finds the hidden ceiling passage and it is indeed a short cut.  Hmph!  How could I have missed that?  Sandara positions herself the same way Seung Hyun did earlier and leaps up into the ceiling.  She finds herself in another hallway.  Taking a step back she looks down at the floor and stomps down on it.  One way entrance...These vampires have a pretty good projector that deceives you that it's a ceiling when really it's just a projection of one.  And they're smart to close off the entrance after entering it.  She looks at her surrounding and this time the hallway is red.  Sandara finds Seung Hyun smiling at her.  He leans over to her and whispers into her ear, "My turn to lead."



Seung Hyun dashes down the hallway with Sandara tailing behind him.  The hallway begins to get wider and wider - soon enough the couple finds themselves in a normal looking lobby but with a splash of red on every furniture.  This is another secret way to enter the main control room.  It’s a back door exit for the workers up there but the couple will be entering it instead.  Seung Hyun slows down his pace and reaches for Sandara's hand.  He pulls her close to his body wrapping one arm around her waist.  He pauses for a moment to look Sandara in the eyes, "Once I let go of you - you kill them all as fast as you can.  We promised each other we leave together and we will.  Okay, love?"



"Okay.  But you also have to promise me not to get distracted if you do see me getting slightly hurt from them.  I'm not as fragile you think I may be."  Sandara smiles sweetly.



"I promise.  I'll even make it easier for you and kill them all before you can even blink your eye."  Seung Hyun smirks.



Sandara pinches his nose, "You're so funny.  That confident huh?  I think it might be the other way around?"



"You'll bruise my ego if you do that."  He lightly chuckles before his face changes to being serious, "We better go now.  It’s weird for them not to have secrets cameras in this lobby area.  They only have one hidden camera down that other hallway.”  He nods his head at the opposite hallway entrance to his left.  “I guess they think no vampire will ever enter through the back door.  Well they’ll be surprise to see us."  Seung Hyun tightens his hold on Sandara's waist.  Again he bends his knees and pushes himself off the floor and leaps up onto the chandelier.  He swings them off it and jumps through a painting up on the high wall.  Just like the projected ceiling this painting is the same as the couple disappears through the painting. 



They enter a small room with a silver door almost like the first entrance by the elevator.  Seung Hyun spots a smaller version of the red crystal ball displayed near the door.  He presses his index finger over it and the door immediately opens.  Sandara runs past Seung Hyun before he could even take one step.   Aish, this girl!  I'm the man here.  He quickly composes himself and runs after her.  The door closes behind him.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Hmm..."


"What's wrong?"  Sang Hyun places a hand on Bom's shoulder, "What did you see?" 



Seung Ho presses his lips together while looking at Sang Hyun.  He shakes his head, "We didn't see anything.  It feels strange."  Again he shakes his head.  His face turns pale.  Tiredly Seung Ho leans his head against the window, "Something feels off as we're getting closer toward the head quarter."

 

Mir worriedly looks at his cousin who is also looking pale like Seung Ho.  Bom is resting her head against her seat while looking up at Mir and Sang Hyun, "Our power is draining…I think...it's like something or someone else is absorbing our powers...hmm..."  Bom's eyes flutters before fully closing.



"Noona!  Don't sleep!" Mir places his right hand on top of her head.  He gently rubs her head to wake her up, "Noona!  Wake up!"



"I'm sleepy Mir..." Bom drowsily answers.


Sang Hyun looks at Bom who completely lost conscious now then looks at Seung Ho who's trying hard to fight off falling asleep, "What's wrong with you guys?"  He receives no reply from Seung Ho.  He turns his attention to Mir who's still trying to wake his cousin up, "Mir, do you think something bad is happening at the head quarter right now?"

 

Mir shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know.  Whatever it is..it's making them lose their powers.  This isn't good.  What if they don't wake up?  My noona!  Waaa!  This is how you felt earlier with your noona gone!  Noo! My noona can't leave me!"  Tears began to spill out of Mir's eyes.  He reaches both his arms over the seat to pull Bom's head up and hug her.



Sang Hyun reassuringly pats Mir's back, "Mir, she's not leaving you.  She's just sleeping.  Bom noona did say their powers are draining as we're getting closer to the head quarter.  Once we land we'll ask the pilot to send them as far away from this place so they can regain their powers.  We can handle the situation without them as long as we get my noona and hyung safely away once they've completed their mission."

 

Mir slowly calms himself down.  He rubs his eyes with the back of his hand to wipe away his tears, "You're right, my noona will wake up once she's away from here.  Plus we still have our game to play.  At least I won this game against him."  He nudges his elbow against Seung Ho's shoulder.



Sang Hyun rolls his eyes. Still jealous of an unconscious Seung Ho.  This kid I tell you is really something. Hm, I wonder what is draining their power?  He turns his toward the window and looks down at the dense forest, "I wonder what strange thing is doing this to them.  At least we still have our power.  We'll report this to the commander of this mission once we land.  It isn't safe for us to use our communication while airborne since we're not sure if our conversation will be tampered with." 



Several helicopters trail behind their helicopter.  Their Guardian teams are ready to infiltrate the Vampire Head Quarter in approximately ten minutes.  Their helicopters are an upgraded version of a human helicopter with their quiet propellers and muted engines.  It helps to have a quiet transportation so no one would hear them coming.  They'll be leaping off the helicopter once they're close to the vicinity of the hide out.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"What's wrong little brother?"

 

"Nothing is wrong hyung."  The young blond hair man brushes his older brother's hand away from his shoulder.  He begins to walk but suddenly he sways sideway almost losing his balance.  He leans against the wall for support. 

 

His older brother immediately reaches out to him and holds him up.  Both brothers share some similar physical traits - as to body structure both of them are thin but have the right amount of muscles to show they too are strong as any other men.  Next is their pale skin complexion.  Their facial features are almost similar at the same time uniquely different.  Their hair colors are opposite one black and the other blond.  The youngest son of King Kim wanted to be known as himself and not just a mirror or shadow of his older brother.  He hopes his blond hair will leave an impression to the others that he can shine on his own without the help of his brother or father.  Height wise his older brother is taller but the younger brother always stands confidently tall beside his brother showing he is not ashamed of the height difference.  He still radiates the aura that he too is strong and brave like his brother.  Deep down inside he cares for his brother but the competition is always there to always prove to everyone else who the better brother is.  Again he brushes his brother’s hands away from him, “I’m fine, hyung.  Stop treating me like I’m a child.”



The older brother passively lets go.  He raises a curious brow to his brother, “You look ill little brother.  I think you should rest for tonight.  I’ll go to the meeting with our soldiers regarding the search.”  He reaches his hand out and places it on the young blonde’s left shoulder. “Rest now.”



The young blonde angrily balls his hands into a fist.  He feels a strong energy immediately building up within him.  Only for a second it scared him with the strong power he is feeling but quickly as the fear came it disappeared once he opened his hands.  His fully pitched black eyes stares evilly back at his brother, “I do not follow anyone’s orders except for father.”  He says icily.



His brother momentarily was speechless.  He has never seen his brother look this scary.  He usually speaks his opinion in a respected manner but this person in front of him is not his little brother.  He masks his emotion of fear and quickly puts up a barrier to fight off his brother.  He bares his fangs out and growls at his brother.  The older brother’s eyes dilate black like his younger brother.



The blonde man smirks at his older brother before grabbing his arm and throwing him down a blue hallway.  His brother lands hard on the floor before quickly recovering back into a fighting stance.  He growls angrily back and charges at him.  The blonde could not explain the strong power he’s currently feeling.  Earlier he felt a weird tingling sensation building inside of him for a few minutes before he felt a little dizzy and then bam he felt a lot of power radiating throughout his body.  Suddenly he felt his hand wrap around his older brother’s throat.  His grasp on his brother is getting tighter as the power in him tries to break out.

 

“Ji-ji-yong…” His brother coughs out.

 

Hearing his brother pleadingly call his first name out breaks him out of his evil trance.  The strong power quickly dissipated when he saw the life slowly leaving his brother’s face.  He quickly loosens his grasp of his brother’s neck and hugs his brother, “I’m so sorry Jae-joong hyung!”

 

Jaejoong splutters for a moment while patting Jiyong’s back.  He gently pushes Jiyong away from him and intently stares at Jiyong’s eyes.  They have returned back to his normal eye color, “What happened to you?  I saw a different person in front of me.  You weren’t my little brother but a whole new stronger person.”  He pats Jiyong’s shoulder, “We should tell father your new found strength.  This is good.  Whatever just happened I can still feel the dark power radiating in you.  Earlier it was much stronger when you were angry.  Indeed very good news!  Father will be pleased!  Come little brother…” Jaejoong wraps his arm around his younger brother as they continue their walk down the hallway.



Running through Jiyong’s head, What a caring brother…pfft..He didn’t even let me answer his first question about what happened to me.  All he cares about is power and making me a strong fighter…and he thinks I now hold dark power?  I don’t like this strength…I don’t think I can control it…where did I get this power from?  His breath hitches and he feels his lungs tighten.



“Hey!  What’s wrong?”  Jaejoong grabs both Jiyong’s shoulders to hold him up while he tries to fight for some air, “Breathe little brother!  Breathe!”  He shakes him.



Jiyong’s eyes glaze gray as his mouth gapes open.  Jaejoong shakes him again, “JIYONG!”  His brother limply goes unconscious in his arms.



While unconscious Jiyong sees images of the same petite girl from his dream but she’s with a young man running through a black hallway.  He instantly recognizes the hallway.  He tries to see the young man’s face but only sees the back of his head.  He looks familiar from behind like he’s seen him before in his dream.  He feels his body shaking violently and suddenly he gasps for air when he sees the girl step into his father’s office, “NOOO!!!”



“Jiyong!”  Jaejoong tightly holds Jiyong’s shoulders to keep him still from thrashing.



“Father!  We must go to father now!”  His eyes are blood shot red when he stares back at his brother immediately it dilates full black.  Jiyong jumps up and runs quickly down the hallway with Jaejoong right behind him.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

“You bruised my ego big time, D”  Seung Hyun leans against the door frame while surveying Sandara’s mess.  Scattered around the control room are bodies of lifeless vampires.  Seung Hyun was only able to kill four of the vampires in the room while Sandara wiped out thirty of them.  Plus she even had time to smash each and every equipment in the room, “What a beautiful mess you made here.”

 

Sandara proudly smiles back at him, “I like making the job easier for you.  Now let’s go finish our main mission.”  She holds her hand out for Seung Hyun take.



He can’t resist her charm and gladly takes her hand, “You’re lucky I love you so much that even though you bruised my ego I’ll let it go this time.  But if you do this again I will punish you.”  He playfully growls at her ear as they exit through the front entrance of the control room.

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  Now you guys know who are the sons' of King Kim...Jaejoong and Jiyong hehehe I thought they look good as vampires.  By looking at these photos of them below I pictured them as the characters in this fic.

otfsyc26.jpg

 

Credit to the owner of the photo below from deviant art  - shendora.  This picture here cries out a sad vampire - Jiyong.

g_dragon___heartbreaker_by_shendora-d4gusih.jpg

 

And of course I can't help post up a hot Seung Hyun here :D

tumblr_m25wlowW3W1qfejjvo1_1280.jpg

And don't forget our oh so sweet Dara :D

1DM39956.jpg Sandara park

I hope you guys understood this chapter.  Any guesses as to why Bom and Seung Ho's powers were drained?  Hint hint? Has to do something with Jiyong.  If you guessed Jiyong then you understood what I was trying to get at with the seers of the fic.  I'll get into more details in the following chapters.  Anyways thank you everyone for reading and subscribing to this fic.  I'm still trying to picture where this fic is heading to.  Thank you again for your patience!  Currently working on the next chapter :D Thanks for the lovely comments it keeps me inspired to try to finish writing each chapter. - dhelcee