CHAPTER 11

ETERNITY

 

CHAPTER 11







Sandara and Seung Hyun advance towards Bom. She remains calm as she closely approaches the possible tornado. “Lady Spring is right on cue!” She lifts both her thumb up.

The couple shot her what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you look. Bom grins as she shrugs her shoulders at them. Her outfit was the same color as Sandara’s – white – but her dress was much longer with one off the sleeve shoulder strap. She indeed looks like a Spring Goddess that just emerged from the forest. Any backpacker roaming the area would have mistaken her as one.

Seung Hyun accusingly points his index finger a couple inches away from Bom’s face. Bom’s smirks at his outburst hand gesture. Sandara on the other hand thinks it’s rude to point like that. She wraps her delicate hands around his wrist and gently tugs on it, “Tabi, you’re being impolite…”

“YOU! Is this another game of yours?!?” Seung Hyun’s fierce eyes bore into Bom’s gaze. She is not frightened by his death glares.

Sandara again tugs on Seung Hyun’s wrist to lower his accusing gesture, “Tabi. Please. I don’t understand what’s happening right now…How do you know her?” She look at him then at Bom, “Bom please explain to us what –“

“NO! Don’t talk to her…something is definitely up her sleeve…” Seung Hyun pulls his hand back and envelopes it into Sandara’s hand. He takes a couple steps back from Bom also pulling Sandara along with him. He turns her to face him, “She is mind boggling…she has this pow-“

Bom cuts him off, “F.Y.I. I’m not wearing any sleeves in this beautiful dress of mine! So na-da on your accusation of what’s up my sleeves!” The couple turns their heads to Bom. Plastered on their faces are you-must-be-joking-the-crap-out-of me look. They both roll their eyes at her. She laughs at their facial expressions.

I must stay focus and keep Dara safe from Bom’s mind games. It’s kind of hard to trust her right now….she knows something about me and Dara that I believe she’s going to keep from us… Seung Hyun removes his gaze from Bom and faces Sandara. He was about to speak but stopped when he saw the change of concern on Sandara’s face. From Sandara’s peripheral vision she saw Bom sneakily stick her hand behind her back. She catches a glimpse of a brown pouch and her instinct kicks in. 

“NO!!!!” Sandara roars as she hurls Seung Hyun several feet away from her. She pounces on Bom knocking her to the ground. 

Seung Hyun with his quick reflexes landed softly on his feet. He was a little dumbfounded as to why Sandara threw him but his mind went back to focus when he saw Sandara rolling on the grass with Bom. He dashed towards the girls to pull his Dara from danger which he currently believes is Bom. But he wasn’t quick enough because Bom kicked Sandara hard off her. She flew high into the air. Seung Hyun pressed harder to reach where Sandara was going to land. She flew several meters away from them. He heard distant crushing noise when Sandara landed on the rocks by the river shore. Her painful whimper triggered the fire in him. He changed his course and headed towards Bom. His nose was flaring as he angrily advance behind Bom. She was looking at Sandara’s direction unaware that Seung Hyun was approaching her from behind.

Sandara saw Seung Hyun several feet from Bom. He’s getting closer. She crouches forward and leaps up into the air. She whooshes several meters just in time to land on top of Seung Hyun. She tackles him to the ground. He bounces back on his feet and Sandara had to use her strength to hold onto both his hands tightly. She also uses her force to pull him a foot back from where Bom is standing. Sandara mutters, “Tabi, I’m fine. It doesn’t hurt at all. I’ll heal soon…” 

Seung Hyun’s crease in his forehead remained as he continues to shoot death glares at Bom. Sandara let’s go one of his hand and gently caress his cheeks to look down at her. He complies and his angry eyes were instantly calm looking into her loving eyes. Seung Hyun then protectively wraps his arm around Sandara’s shoulder. He keeps her close to his side and does not let go as he speaks, “Explain yourself NOW!”

Bom smiles playfully at them. She looks up at the crescent moon, “Your favorite moon that keeps your secret…”

Sandara looks up at Seung Hyun to see the same shock reaction as hers. He does not look at the moon thinking it’s one of her ways to distract them. Sandara looks back at Bom, “You were going to throw the sleeping mist at us…why Bom? We’re not the enemies here…we only use that to capture traitors and on vampires…but never on each other…I really don’t understand what’s happening right now…” She shakes her head in confusion. 

Seung Hyun gently squeezes her shoulder, “I didn’t know that…she used that on me yesterday…so it’s not supposed to be used on Guardians?” He is still staring at Bom accusingly. Bom stopped looking up at the moon and smirks again at them.

“No, it’s not. It’s actually a law the Guardians made ever since the beginning when we started making the sleeping mist. I will report you to the Elders. You do know the punishment for breaking this law and yet you do it. My head is hurting right now because of you…” Sandara rubs the side of her temple in frustration.

“I told you she’s mind boggling with her games. Dara, she’s not going to budge unless we torcher her to spill it out.” Seung Hyun’s grip around Sandara slowly loosens up as he takes a step forward. 

Sandara grabs his wrist. Her solid grip holds him back, “No, Tabi. We can talk to her peacefully there is no need for violence amongst us Guardians. Even though she was going to throw some sleeping dust at us violence is never a solution in fixing a problem.” 

Seung Hyun lets out a defeated sigh. They look back at Bom who is still smiling at them. I really do want to wipe that ridiculous smile off her right now. There is nothing funny or nice about this situation. He grunts in frustration that he didn’t get his way. Instead he just took Sandara’s hand into his to let out his frustration. Sandara squeezes his hand.

Bom lifts her right index toward and covers it over her lips. She silently mouths the word ‘Sshhh’ to the couple before her. Their confused facial expression makes her grin. 

A dark shadow flies above the couple and they see mystical dusts falling. Seung Hyun and Sandara look at each other then at Bom. Another person has joined her. Standing beside Bom is a young male smiling his puppy eyes back at them. He pats his brown pouch on his side. The couple realized Bom distracted them earlier and now they’re feeling the effect of the dust.

“Mir…how could you…” Seung Hyun pulls his other arm around Sandara and hugs her.

Sandara eyes heavily start to shut as she falls on top of Seung Hyun. The couple falls onto the soft grass. Seung Hyun’s arms remained wrapped around Sandara’s small body. Bom and Mir walks toward the sleeping couple. Bom sprinkles some more mystical dust over the couple, “Sweet dream…”

Mir stares at the sleeping couple for a moment then taps Bom’s shoulder, “I too don’t understand what you’re up to noona. But I trust that what you’re doing will save us all right?”

Bom nods her head, “Thank you for trusting me and your continuous support. We will not fail.” She kneels down and lightly moves a loose strand of hair away from Sandara’s face, “Stay strong…”

“So what now?” Mir also kneels down beside them. Noona and her over the top dramatic .

“You carry Seung Hyun and I’ll carry her.” Bom takes Sandara off Seung Hyun’s chest. Sandara’s small frame fits perfectly in her arms. She looks at Mir to hurry up. He quickly tosses Seung Hyun over his shoulder and waits for her next command. “Follow me.”

------------------------------------------------








Mir adjusts Seung Hyun to a sitting position against a tree. Bom brushes Mir aside to place Sandara in front of him. She makes Sandara lay back against Seung Hyun’s chest. She frowns looking at the sleeping couple she then changes Sandara’s position slightly into a fetal position. She looked like a baby resting her head on his chest. She lightly placed Sandara’s hand on his neck, “Much better! They look like real angels sleeping peacefully in this beautiful scenery.” She clasps her hands in joy.

Mir pulls out his expensive camera and clicks. He takes a step closer to them and clicks again. Bom raises a brow at the young boy, “What are you doing?”

“Capturing the moment, noona. I love this camera because it can also take good pictures at night without even really using the flash. I’ll show you the pictures I captured earlier when they were by the river. And this here is another memorable moment for them. They’ll thank me later after they see these pictures. I bet they don’t have a single picture together…only memories my guess…” He snaps another photo.

“I think you captured enough sweet moments. We must not be around when they wake up. I know they’ll look for our presence around the area but we’ll be far away from them. Let’s go to Sandara’s house…Mir seriously quit taking their pictures like a paparazzi!” Bom grabs his wrist and drags him across the grassy field. 

They stop at the foot of the forest and looks back at the couple. Mir lifts his camera once more, “Last one! This definitely worth putting up as a screensaver!” He clicks. From afar you could see the shadow figures of the couple lying against the willow tree. The crescent moon shining light looks so peaceful and elegant around the area. It was definitely a Kodak moment.

“Come on, they’ll have some more talking to do without our presence. We did our part in shaking their moment earlier now it’s time for serious talking amongst the couple.” Bom drags Mir into the darkness of the forest.



Several minutes has passed by. Seung Hyun feels some weight on his chest. Still feeling disoriented he slowly tries to sit up straight. The weight on his chest shifts down a bit from his movement. He feels something warm on his neck cling onto him. He looks down, “Dara…” He whispers. Where’s Bom? He looks around and scans his surrounding. She knows our special place too?

Sandara stirs around his chest. Seung Hyun rubs her shoulder. She looks up and smiles, “Hi!”

“Hi…” Seung Hyun awkwardly smiles at her. She looks a little dazed and confused.

Sandara sits up and he assists her to sit properly. She looks around mesmerized at how the area still looks beautiful after so many years, “Still how I remembered it. Tabi, you’re really here with me?” She looks into his warm eyes and smiles. He nods. She dives into his arms and squeezes him. “I love you.”

Seung Hyun kisses the top of her head, “I love you too.” He caresses her arms and his concern eyes scan her whole body, “Did you heal already?”

“Where’s Bom?” A tint of fear shows on her face as she scans the dark forest looking for her. She frowns, “She’s not here…”

“How do you know that?” Seung Hyun questioningly raises a brow at her.

“Something is wrong with this situation…you revealed to me earlier that you’re a guardian yet you don’t really act like one. It’s like you’re a clueless newbie that just found out he’s one.” Her brows burrow thinking about him. “A Guardian can intensify its senses to feel the presence of another being around 100 feet perimeter. I felt none…”

Seung Hyun presses his lips together as he continues to look at the dark forest. Sandara brings his face to look down at her, “What’s wrong?”

“I actually found out yesterday…”

Sandara stands up pulling Seung Hyun up with her, “You didn’t know what you were for the past 100 years? Oh my gosh! Tabi!”

“My father actually told me he was a guardian before he died in my arms but it was really hard for me to believe him. I never knew a creature like that existed. Even a vampire….I felt the changes when I was with you… I thought I was turning into a monster… I wouldn’t live with myself if I hurt you…. I almost did remember?” Seung Hyun gently rubs her forearm. “It happened a week before you ended our relationship. It was twilight and I was walking you home when we encountered some young male travelers. There were about 6 of them and I thought I could handle them all. I hurt you when we ran away from them. My grip on your wrist was too much that I left a mark on you. After that day I thought what if I can’t control my rage when I’m in your presence. I feared that I might one day kill you….I thought of finding myself and figure out a solution to my problem…I was leaving only to protect you but you left me first…I thought I could accept it but it was harder than I thought that’s why I went to your house…” He looks down at his hands.

Sandara takes his hand into her, “I’m sorry again for that day…I had the same sentiments as you with your protection… Tabi, if only I knew you were one of us my family would have helped you through your transition. You must have been lonely…” Tears formed at the end of her eyes. They escaped and river flowed down her cheeks, “I’m sorry…I should have stayed with you a little longer and I would have found out your identity…Tabi you had nobody by your side to cope and understand…” Sandara bawls into his chest.

Seung Hyun assuringly rubs her back, “You shouldn’t feel guilty because you didn’t know and I didn’t know. We were both young then… Dara look at me…” He lifts her chin up and gently wipes her tears away, “Even though you weren’t physically by my side. You have always been in here.” He places his free hand over his chest then lightly taps the side of his head, “And in here too. You never left my heart and mind…you kept me strong throughout the extra 100 years I have lived. I would always replay our moments together to keep me sane in this changing world. Please don’t feel that you couldn’t do anything for me. It’s not your fault. We should be happy right now that we can continue our love.”

“Your wish came true – our love is indeed for ETERNITY.” A smile forms on Sandara lips as she is inches herself toward Seung Hyun’s lips.

Seung Hyun smirks and closes the gap landing a sweet kiss on her lips. He pulls back, “We have lots of catching up to do with each other. What have you been up to for the past 100 years?”

Sandara laughs, “Uh it will take us days or even weeks if I start from the beginning but we do have all eternity to talk about it.” Her arms snake around his waist. She places her head against his chest and listens to his heart pound. “I miss listening to your heart.”

“Help me understand why they’re looking for me.” 

Sandara loosely lets go of him, “Who’s looking for you?”

“Vampires.” He tucks her loose strand behind her ear.

“Don’t worry about them. They are our arch enemies and they’re always looking for us.” Sandara squeezes his hand.

“I’m the ONE. My mother was a vampire and my father was a guardian.” He looks up at the night sky.

Sandara feels lightheaded and she looses her balance. Seung Hyun catches her and holds her up in his chest. She begins to hyperventilate. This isn’t good…how can I protect him against an entire vampire army? I don’t want to loose him again… “Bom…”

Seung Hyun lets out a low growl as his eyes dart back and forth searching for her presence around the area. Dara must teach me how to use my powers in searching for another body around our perimeter… Sandara clutches onto his shirt collar. He looks down at her, “Where is she?”

“How does she know about our secret spot?” Sandara’s vision starts to blur due to her hyperventilation. She mumbles, “She must be a spy or something…she researched well but no one in the world knows about our place unless…” Sandara looks up at the crescent moon. “She can’t be the moon?”

Seung Hyun’s jaw drops open. She’s getting delirious. He gently pulls Sandara to sit down beside him on the grass. “Bom is a Seer. The Elders always seek her advice. I bet she saw this coming and planned it all along…"

Sandara stops hyperventilating, “I’ve heard there’s only one guardian seer existing in our world. I can’t believe I was standing in her presence earlier. Incredible!” She insanely smiles at him.

She’s completely gone mad! I need her to snap out of it. Seung Hyun shakes her like a raged doll. “Dara, we can’t trust her. It might be the death for us if we listen to her. What if she’s setting us up with the vampires?”

Sandara slaps both of Seung Hyun’s arms to stop, “There’s an explanation for everything! We must find her!” She springs up like a mushroom. Seung Hyun grabs her wrist.

“Are you insane? You’re looking for trouble!”

I must find out if this will end well with the vampires. I’m trying to save you Tabi! Sandara uses her strength to pull her hand away, “I’m not! Tabi, you got lots to learn about being a Guardian even if you’re only half. Trust amongst fellow Guardians is numero uno on our list. No guardian can ever hurt each other.” She heads towards the forest.

Seung Hyun appears in front of her. She frowns and crosses her arms. He speaks, “She tried to hurt us earlier with the mystical dust. This is the second time she did that to me. And you got hurt earlier!” He grimaced remembering how she landed on the rocks. He wraps his arms around her.

“My bones are well healed right now. Tabi, listen. She has her reasons as to why she’s been making us go to sleep. I bet she’s at my house right now waiting for us. Let’s go talk to her.” Sandara gingerly removes Seung Hyun’s arms from her body. She cups his face in her hand, “You wanted to know why they’re looking for you right?” He nods his head. She smiles, “Well, Bom has our answers.”

“I don’t want to loose you again.” Seung Hyun kisses her forehead.

Sandara closes her eyes for a moment, “You won’t. I’m not leaving your side.” Never again.

Seung Hyun takes her hand and they both disappear into the dark forest.

------------------------------------------------




“It’s a good thing Sandara noona has a solar power home. Her brother took good care of their family home after so many years. We got us some electricity up in here!” Mir’s voice booms throughout the room. He skims through the photos he took earlier on his laptop. Bom appears behind him and smacks his head.

“Keep your voice down will ya?” Bom paces back and forth across the room. More like a fast forward version if you were a regular human sitting in the room.

Mir shrugs his shoulders and continues looking at the pictures. He stops on a close up photo he took of Sandara and Seung Hyun sleeping in each other’s arms. He smiles in satisfaction of what he took. He turns his chair around and sees his anxious cousin, “Noona it’s only been a couple hours. What up with your worrisome face?” He stands up and places a hand on her shoulder. “Is it bad?”

Bom solemnly nods her head, “I saw…” The photo displayed on Mir’s laptop catches her attention. She walks toward the desk and takes a closer look at it. She smiles, “Perfect shot. You should display this on a portrait with a caption that says ‘Immortal Love’.”

Mir sits back down in front of his laptop, “I was actually thinking of ‘Sleeping Angels’ but what you suggested sounds way better!”



“You’ll need our approval first before displaying it anywhere.”




Bom and Mir whirled themselves around to where the voice came from. Sandara was smiling at them and she eyes his laptop. Seung Hyun on the other hand had no expression on his face. It looked he doesn’t want Sandara to step closer to them. He tightens his grip on her hand. Sandara looks up at gives him an assuring smile. His foot stride matches hers as they walk up to them.

“You’re Mir right?” Sandara reaches her free hand out to him. She pats his head and he grins back at her. “Bom? Please tell us what you know.” She pleads with her eyes.

“We’re complete now.” Bom mischievously grins at the couple. Her smile raises an eerie feeling in the couple’s stomachs.

Seung Hyun bites his tongue preventing him from cursing at Bom. Seriously! I just want her to tell us already! He takes a step forward and Sandara pulls him back.



“Who are you guys? Why are you here?” A male voice enters the living room area. Their backs were facing him and he couldn’t see them. 

Four pairs of eyes turn around and cautiously look at the dark corner where the voice was coming from. They all stand in a protective stance ready to pounce on the intruder. The male steps out of the dark corner revealing himself. He smiles, “I can’t believe you’re alive, hyung!”

“Sang Hyun?” Seung Hyun opens his arms out as the younger male walks toward him. 

Sandara intercepts his hug and punches her brother’s stomach, “Don’t scare us like that!”

Mir laughs, “What an entrance!”

Bom quietly watches them happily greet each other while she remains next to Mir’s laptop. She looks down at the photo displayed on the screen. They must survive this…